VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
UPDATE! 0.1.5.6 replaces Text system, fills in H-Scenes

IT'S HERE! The update y'all have been waiting for. Let's not mince words and get to it, shall we?

First change: Completely replaced the texting system.

1658773010970.png
New Texting System Features:
  • Click to progress
  • Subtle message sounds
  • Rollback capability
  • Mid-conversation saving
  • Real dialogue choices
Next, 2 Placeholders filled with H-scenes

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The first scene has 41 video loops, and the second has over 60, plus stills. I went HAM on these H-scenes, and I want to see if all that effort translates to scenes that are more enjoyable by the players. I moved the second Harpy scene to Thursday because I realized that it came RIGHT AFTER the 60-video H-scene and... y'all need a rest after that lol. Second Harpy scene will be an option in the next content update.

FINALLY, I fixed some Gallery stuff, added the new H-scenes to the gallery, made the Rescue scene unique to Princess Tilai and removed it from Nook's gallery.

Rewrote Druthari's explanation of the Marbog in Ch. 6 to illustrate that the Marbog are not behaving as they should, and there is not an Extinction Event-level threat happening.

Rewrote Eshtel's explanation of Gillie's wound in Ch. 4 to better reflect what would have happened in reality.

Rewrote various other minor bits of dialogue to better support the story.

Included various suggestions from the community and Patreon that I decided would fit in the world and the story.

Inserted variables for when you meet Serafina, Mouse, and Blossom, because my dumb ass forgot.

BIG ONE:

Included a new option after pressing Start at the main menu that allows returning players to either start a New Game or start at Chapter 6 so you don't have to replay the ENTIRE THING to experience the new content.

Thank you all for your patience with the old texting system. It was a first draft and it was awful. I think you'll like this new one much better.

Looking forward to hearing what you think of the new H-scenes as well! Are they amazing and should I do this for most of the upcoming ones? Or is it overboard and should I tone it back a tad? Let me know and enjoy the overhaul!

- Vic

Download here until uploaders get ahold of the new build:

Harkonnan

Give me chiisana oppai!
Game Developer
Oct 24, 2020

Since it's your game can't you just ask for ownership of this thread? Just thinking it would streamline things a bit.

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
Got that after the sex scene with jade and after the work scene. Btw, i didnt skip it, just saying because the error sounds otherwise.
Ignoring the error worked without any problems, so no need to rollback and not game breaking.

P.S:
Irrelevant minor detail: the harpy scream sound is still there, but as said, irrelevant, could even be interpreted as her seeking for you, just saying in case you forgot to cut it and the next scene will not have her initial sound ^^

Last edited:

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
Got that after the sex scene with jade and after the work scene. Btw, i didnt skip it, just saying because the error sounds otherwise.
In the original version of 0.1.5.6, the variable was defaulted to b3jadehskip instead of b3jadeskip.

Easy fix without needing to re-DL:
Enable Developer Console via UnRen or otherwise
Go to (or Load from) anywhere inside the Jade scene before the error shows up
Hit Shift-O to open the Console
enter b3jadeskip = False
Hit Enter
Continue on, no error.

Shark_inA-chiar

Sep 22, 2020

New version 0.1.5.61 with bugfixes
UPDATE! 0.1.5.6 replaces Text system, fills in H-Scenes

IT'S HERE! The update y'all have been waiting for. Let's not mince words and get to it, shall we?

First change: Completely replaced the texting system.

View attachment 1946100
  • Click to progress
  • Subtle message sounds
  • Rollback capability
  • Real dialogue choices
Next, 2 Placeholders filled with H-scenes

The first scene has 41 video loops, and the second has over 60, plus stills. I went HAM on these H-scenes, and I want to see if all that effort translates to scenes that are more enjoyable by the players. I moved the second Harpy scene to Thursday because I realized that it came RIGHT AFTER the 60-video H-scene and... y'all need a rest after that lol. Second Harpy scene will be an option in the next content update.

FINALLY, I fixed some Gallery stuff, added the new H-scenes to the gallery, made the Rescue scene unique to Princess Tilai and removed it from Nook's gallery.

Rewrote Druthari's explanation of the Marbog in Ch. 6 to illustrate that the Marbog are not behaving as they should, and there is not an Extinction Event-level threat happening.

Rewrote Eshtel's explanation of Gillie's wound in Ch. 4 to better reflect what would have happened in reality.

Rewrote various other minor bits of dialogue to better support the story.

Included various suggestions from the community and Patreon that I decided would fit in the world and the story.

Inserted variables for when you meet Serafina, Mouse, and Blossom, because my dumb ass forgot.

BIG ONE:

Included a new option after pressing Start at the main menu that allows returning players to either start a New Game or start at Chapter 6 so you don't have to replay the ENTIRE THING to experience the new content.

Thank you all for your patience with the old texting system. It was a first draft and it was awful. I think you'll like this new one much better.

Looking forward to hearing what you think of the new H-scenes as well! Are they amazing and should I do this for most of the upcoming ones? Or is it overboard and should I tone it back a tad? Let me know and enjoy the overhaul!

- Vic

Cool update Hope your doing better now i know ya had lots of bad stuff happen

Lunarmist

Darkness of The Mist
Uploader
Compressor
Feb 5, 2022
World's Crossing Academy[v0.1.5.61][TeamEmberWings]

Download Win/Linux(PC)/Mac:

Last edited:

Keymmer76

Nov 18, 2020
Hey! I notice that only the new characters are in the gallery mode if i dont play the 5 first chapters again. Is there an option to see them? (I want to replay the jade scene)

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
Hey! I notice that only the new characters are in the gallery mode if i dont play the 5 first chapters again. Is there an option to see them? (I want to replay the jade scene)
Are you loading your save from the last playthrough in the new build? If not, then yeah, the game doesn't know you've met those characters.

You can go to your old version of the game and copy your entire Saves folder and paste it into the Game folder. Or just make sure the Persistent file is in game/saves.
1658855572313.png
I THINK that should fix your problem.

Reactions: cuckoo4cocoapuffs

Vertius

Dec 22, 2019
If you decline the first H-Scene with Gillie, when you wake up the next morning, the MC's dialogue speaks as though her scene still happened, so thanks for the false sense of choice. Good to know early on that choice in this game is superficial and worthless.

Edit: I'll just tack this on here 'cause I don't want to start a pointless back and forth, but author, if you're going to call me bitter, whiney, childish, etc.. don't follow that by replying to me twice when you can't even keep your own emotions in check. I had to take a sip of water while reading your replies, the salt was so strong.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: Ogre

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
If you decline the first H-Scene with Gillie, when you wake up the next morning, the MC's dialogue speaks as though her scene still happened, so thanks for the false sense of choice. Good to know early on that choice in this game is superficial and worthless.
Instead of being bitter and whiney, understand that I had very little coding knowledge at that point in the game and didn't know how to do conditional dialogue. That scene was written nearly 2 years ago and I've gained a lot of knowledge since then.

I forgot about that scene, and now have the knowledge to fix that. So instead of coming at me like a petulant little child, perhaps understand that the game is under a constant state of improvement, and that this improvement CAN be made, thus improving the game. Jesus Christ lol

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
And if THAT ruffles your feathers, you're gonna be REALLY sad when you realize that this is written by a fantasy author, not a game designer, so it's more like a kinetic novel currently, made to tell a story, than an actual "game" with tons of player agency and routes and options and stuff. Options are coming, but it's gonna be a little bit while I sent up the in-story reason for these options.

Since you obviously don't read, this is a community driven game, and yes, even you can recommend something that will make the game better. I take all constructive feedback seriously, and if it seems like a good idea, I'mma do it. I actually have that chapter file open right now, and I'm inserting a variable and rewriting the morning script as we speak with conditional dialogue based on your choice. 'cause I can do that now. lol

If you're someone who truly loves these games and wants to help them improve, that's fantastic and I'd love to hear any of your other suggestions. But if you come at me sour like that, I'm just gonna laugh you out of the forum for being childish. Your choice.

Anyways, back to work. Good idea, horrible presentation.

PPLayer

May 18, 2018
  • Click to progress
  • Subtle message sounds
  • Rollback capability
  • Real dialogue choices
HUGE thanks for that feature! (y):love:
It´s an awesome improvement ... feels so much more intuitive and natural ( imo ;) ) ... now playing at your own peace is a thing again.

btw VictorSeven , thanks for your(now much more) awesome game and sharing it with us :D

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
HUGE thanks for that feature! (y):love:
It´s an awesome improvement ... feels so much more intuitive and natural ( imo ;) ) ... now playing at your own peace is a thing again.

btw VictorSeven , thanks for your(now much more) awesome game and sharing it with us :D
I'm really sorry about that first texting system lol. I thought the "typing" and natural delay was more immersive but everyone HATED it. Good god, what a mistake. But hey, lesson fuggin learned. Jesus. You can thank VertigoAVN for that texting system. It's the same one he uses in Crimson High, which you should definitely check out if you haven't already. But warning, he's even more fond of cliffhangers than I am.

4.50 star(s) 32 Votes