CamaroFan432

Mar 13, 2020
I feel like you're making a LOT of assumptions here, and that you'll be VERY pleasantly surprised with the way the story is actually going when we get there.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I'm super grateful that you're expressing how she's coming across, because that means I may need to tune her dialogue a bit away from the disgust and more towards simply not finding them attractive. Appreciate your input.
A little sad to read, that Chiara will basically stay the same and won't get involved with the MC. Hopefully that won't be the case for Eshtel or other characters. I will wait and see, what the future (and your ideas) will be.
Regarding the LGBT-whatever content, hopefully we will be able to turn characters, we're not interested in, down. I'm not really a fan of trans characters in AVN, because it's mostly always the same: a man or woman where the transformation is just halfway finished (boobs and a dick). Also not really into gay content. But that's my personal taste, nobody needs to like me for my taste.

Reactions: Cernunnos.

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
A little sad to read, that Chiara will basically stay the same and won't get involved with the MC. Hopefully that won't be the case for Eshtel or other characters. I will wait and see, what the future (and your ideas) will be.
Regarding the LGBT-whatever content, hopefully we will be able to turn characters, we're not interested in, down. I'm not really a fan of trans characters in AVN, because it's mostly always the same: a man or woman where the transformation is just halfway finished (boobs and a dick). Also not really into gay content. But that's my personal taste, nobody needs to like me for my taste.
I'm starting to feel like Chiara is kind of a sleeper polarized character, whereas Cecilia is a very obviously polarizing character. Lot of people want Chiara to stay the way she is. Lot of people want to see her give the MC a try.

Keeping Chiara the same was my INTENTION when writing the character, but... I'm beginning to think that the answer to these situations is just to write both and let the player choose what happens in their world. I might have to rethink this. Obviously I can't please everybody. But I don't think people would be too put out at being able to choose how they treat Chiara.

Regarding content you object to, you will ALWAYS be able to choose. I've started making every encounter optional, and in future updates, they'll be in their own separate files so you can really customize your journey. The main story won't change, but who you choose to be intimate with should be your decision.

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
Keeping Chiara the same was my INTENTION when writing the character, but... I'm beginning to think that the answer to these situations is just to write both and let the player choose what happens in their world. I might have to rethink this. Obviously I can't please everybody. But I don't think people would be too put out at being able to choose how they treat Chiara.
I'd certainly welcome the option. I like Chiara a lot, she reminds me of my wife (she is a lesbian and was a close platonic friend for a long time before catching feelings for me despite my gender and eventually marrying me ~20 years ago), and it'd be a big shame if there was never a way for Aurum to show her the romance she hasn't gotten.

CamaroFan432

Mar 13, 2020
I'm starting to feel like Chiara is kind of a sleeper polarized character, whereas Cecilia is a very obviously polarizing character. Lot of people want Chiara to stay the way she is. Lot of people want to see her give the MC a try.

Regarding content you object to, you will ALWAYS be able to choose. I've started making every encounter optional, and in future updates, they'll be in their own separate files so you can really customize your journey. The main story won't change, but who you choose to be intimate with should be your decision.
I have to agree with the previous comment, it would be a welcome option. I also welcome your response. I like to choose, who I want to interact more intimitatly. Thank you for giving these things a thought. But I also want to express, that it was and will never be my intention to try convincing you to change your story. I wish you to keep going as you want to and only take our feedback only as suggestions. And I know, that you can't please everyone, but that should never be your main goal. That way you would probably just fail. Wish you best of luck and I look forward to see what you decide to do with your story and characters. Thank you for taking your time and reading my feedback.

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018

I personally avoid all LIs that I know are going to have lesbian content. Chiara was ruled out as LI the moment I found out that she is a lesbian. I discarded Eshtel the moment she started a relationship with Chiara. It has nothing to do with whether I like them or not, I just don't want to see lesbian content and I rule out LIs (or non-LIs) who I assume will have plenty of that content (and a lesbian girl and her bisexual girlfriend are perfect candidates to have lesbian content that I don't want to see).

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
I personally avoid all LIs that I know are going to have lesbian content. Chiara was ruled out as LI the moment I found out that she is a lesbian. I discarded Eshtel the moment she started a relationship with Chiara. It has nothing to do with whether I like them or not, I just don't want to see lesbian content and I rule out LIs (or non-LIs) who I assume will have plenty of that content (and a lesbian girl and her bisexual girlfriend are perfect candidates to have lesbian content that I don't want to see).
But see, the point is, what if you could choose whether or not that actually happened in your game? What if there was a choice to not deliver the bracelet for Chiara, but to give Eshtel a bracelet of your own instead? These are the things I'm talking about, giving the player more agency rather than railroading the story, especially when it involves potentially taking LIs off of the table. I'm beginning to view this as a design flaw, and I've heard enough feedback that, though I value the story the way it's written, nothing's stopping me from writing another branch in which it is possible for the player to romance both Chiara and Eshtel without those two ever interacting with one another. The TRUE Harem experience. The more I think about it, the more I feel I really should go back and write this other branch. There are so many people popping up who love Eshtel and Chiara and the way they're written that I believe I made a mistake in forcing the player to give them up. ESPECIALLY considering a certain event with Chiara that will be coming up.

Also, now that I know lesbian content could potentially be objectionable, I have some work to do making another upcoming character optional.

Tavi13

Feb 1, 2021
But see, the point is, what if you could choose whether or not that actually happened in your game? What if there was a choice to not deliver the bracelet for Chiara, but to give Eshtel a bracelet of your own instead?
Unless you have plans on reworking quite a bit of the overall story, I think that this particular option would be very out of character. Sorry; coffee hasn't kicked in yet, and I misunderstood/misread what you posted. Totally my bad, ignore this part.

I don't mind Chiara being a locked-off/wingman type character, I personally think it makes a nice change for an MC to actually have a buddy, but your life might be easier if there is no one locked off (or at least there might be a little less drama in the comment section).

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
But see, the point is, what if you could choose whether or not that actually happened in your game? What if there was a choice to not deliver the bracelet for Chiara, but to give Eshtel a bracelet of your own instead? These are the things I'm talking about, giving the player more agency rather than railroading the story, especially when it involves potentially taking LIs off of the table. I'm beginning to view this as a design flaw, and I've heard enough feedback that, though I value the story the way it's written, nothing's stopping me from writing another branch in which it is possible for the player to romance both Chiara and Eshtel without those two ever interacting with one another. The TRUE Harem experience. The more I think about it, the more I feel I really should go back and write this other branch. There are so many people popping up who love Eshtel and Chiara and the way they're written that I believe I made a mistake in forcing the player to give them up. ESPECIALLY considering a certain event with Chiara that will be coming up.

Also, now that I know lesbian content could potentially be objectionable, I have some work to do making another upcoming character optional.
I don't know if the story is the same as before (the MC helps Chiara get the bracelet, looks for information and shares it with her, promises to give Eshtel the bracelet, etc.), but when the time comes, the MC can choose whether to give Eshtel the bracelet that Chiara made or her own, I have no doubt that I would choose to give her Chiara's. Which would leave me the same as I am now, only having a dialog option.

From my point of view, as long as the MC knows that Chiara wants to be with Eshtel, and he wants to be friends with her (Chiara), he has to behave as such and not boycott her plans (a good friend doesn't do this kind of thing). Therefore, he doesn't know that Chiara wants to start a relationship with Eshtel (although this may still end up making Chiara angry), or he tries after Eshtel has discarded Chiara (but I'm not sure if this second option is a good idea if the MC wants to continue the friendship with Chiara).

In reality, the only viable option to start a relationship with Eshtel and for the MC to maintain friendship (and possibly something else) with Chiara is for the MC to help Chiara with something else. Trying to get an unknown girl would be a good option, so there would be room for the MC to help Chiara, and also open the option that in the end the other girl rejects Chiara without affecting the friendship between them and thus facilitating the relationship between Chiara and the MC without having another girl involved. Also, after that, the roles could be switched and Chiara could be the one to help the MC. Since I doubt that Chiara would help the MC unless she has done what was described before or something that allows him to gain her trust.

On the other hand, and completely changing the subject, I would have preferred that every (sex) scene in which Cecilia appears could be skipped. The first one with the doll didn't interest me (I used CTRL to skip it, so I'm not going to say if I liked it or not because I haven't seen it, nor I will see it). I haven't seen the dream either (same use of CTRL) and I certainly won't see any other in which she participates. Certainly Cecilia is attractive, but for me she is a big no and there are very few (almost zero, or zero) chances that this will change.

Cecilia is like the harpy, I don't see any chance that I would be interested in the MC starting a romance with them.

Reactions: battali0n

Kionashi

Jul 11, 2021

Are you seriously considering making Chiara straight? man, I love your work and I love how open to feedback you are, but at some point you need to draw a line. I respected the hell out of your decision to introduce a cute girl that simply is not interested in the MC and is not a love interest but still an important character in the story, being a wingman for Chiara was super cool and refreshing since most games won't even bother to add characters you can't fuck to the game. Honestly it would be a shame to backpedal such bold decision to add the option to make her "not gay".

Of course, you could say "is just an option, Chiara can still be gay in your game", and while that sounds like an "everybody wins" situation in the reality, adding branching paths to the game leads to slower development and updates feeling smaller because you need to work on scenes for each branch instead of moving forward with the story is a snowball that can crush inexperienced developers.

One thing is adding the option to skip scenes, I can understand if people is not comfortable watching sex scenes with a kink they are not fond of, but adding a branch that changes an important characteristic of a character feels wrong. I for example, don't like rough sex, can I ask you to make Jade don't have a thing for being overpowered? you only need to add a branch with her only enjoying vanilla sex and everybody happy right?, also can I ask you to make Cecile not a yandere? plenty people don't like yandere girls, so she could be a tsundere instead..of course in a separate branch so everybody is happy right?.

Just...let people skip scenes they don't want to see, let them ignore characters they don't want to interact with... and let your characters be true to themselves.

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
has the new version resolved the missing scenes/images in the precedent one?
Yup. 0.1.5.61 fills in 2 H-scenes and completely replaces the old texting system. Moved the third H-scene to the next content update because it comes RIGHT after the Jade scene and... well, Jade has over 60 video loops, so I figure y'all are gonna need some rest after that one lol

Reactions: cuckoo4cocoapuffs

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
If instead of being Chiara the character were a guy, surely the expected response would have been different, less politically correct:

Screenshot_1.png

Not that I like too much having to send photos of one of the LI's breasts to Chiara. It's actually something I don't feel like doing at all.

I also have no special interest in the MC receiving photos of Eshtel or Chiara.

In reality, the whole conversation seems to have been made to leave open the possibility of a future path with both Eshtel and Chiara. Personally I would have preferred to be able to leave it closed. As I said, since they started a lesbian relationship, neither Chiara nor Eshtel interest me.

ssj782

Engaged Member
Apr 19, 2019
Why does Chiara staying gay cut out Eshtel? She has already shown interest in the mc even while in a relationship. And open relationships are a thing.
Chiara seems a bit unfaithful, as well. She moped and crushed so hard on Eshtel, yet almost the instant she got her she was begging for boob pics of other girls. Especially the dryad. She's thirsty as hell for the dryad.
Eshtel made her interest in the mc while dating Chiara sound like a cultural thing. Chiara just sounds like a horndog.

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
Why does Chiara staying gay cut out Eshtel? She has already shown interest in the mc even while in a relationship. And open relationships are a thing.
Chiara seems a bit unfaithful, as well. She moped and crushed so hard on Eshtel, yet almost the instant she got her she was begging for boob pics of other girls. Especially the dryad. She's thirsty as hell for the dryad.
Eshtel made her interest in the mc while dating Chiara sound like a cultural thing. Chiara just sounds like a horndog.
In my case, it's because 1) I don't like lesbian content, so any possible LI that is lesbian doesn't interest me in the slightest, and those that have lesbian content because they are bisexual, interest me very little. 2) I don't like sharing, so being Chiara purely a lesbian, I have no interest in her being part of the harem, so starting a relationship with Eshtel after she starts one with Chiara isn't something I'm passionate about. (I only find this kind of content minimally acceptable if both LIs are part of the harem, although I still don't like it too much, in fact I still prefer to have the option of them not starting a relationship). 3) If it's not a romantic relationship, then I'm not usually interested in the LI. So knowing that if Eshtel starts a romantic relationship with the MC it would be either sharing or cheating on Chiara (neither of those things interests me), and the third option is an only sexual relationship (right now I see it as the most plausible route, but I may be wrong), I don't see a route that can interest me.

4.50 star(s) 32 Votes