BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
Okay, that's super relieving to hear. Maybe I was just reading you wrong. Text is hard to infer tone from. I appreciate you clarifying and going through the effort to explain your position. My apologies if I came off rude or anything. I'm definitely going to continue the trend of giving the player a choice, as that seems to go over well with everyone. I suppose what you saw as speculation I was taking as criticism, and that's my bad for reading it wrong.
I may be a weird person. To give an example, in a game that I quite like there is a route with a trans LI, at the beginning of the route they warn that you can see it or skip it (it happens but you don't see it), but if you see it, when the time comes, you will have to choose whether to have a romance with her or not (not in these words, if not something similar, or at least that's what I understood). Since I had no obligation to have a romance with her, I followed the route to see what it was like, and the truth is that I liked it (there were details that I would have changed, but in general it was a very good story). In any case, when the time came I said no to the romance, the story was very good, but she didn't interest me as LI.

I think that one of my problems is that I tend to repeat myself too much, although it's something I try to avoid (albeit with questionable success), I think that many people may tend to misunderstand what I say because of it.

Reactions: Cernunnos.

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
Progress Report: What Support Does for a Game

Hey all!

Right, so I have a bit of an irking confession to make. I have been stuck on the same goddamn scene for two whole weeks. And it's not for lack of trying; the age-old writer's cycle of write, delete, write, delete, write, delete... I just kept writing myself into a corner. I did come to a solution, but it's not... as realistic as it could be. Then again, one could argue that this is a game, and a story, and a certain suspension of disbelief is required.

Here's where the support you all have given comes into play. Because this game is now at the point where it's paying my rent monthly, I have some freedom. I took extra days off this week and was able to power through this scene and get the difficult part done. I've also been able to commission two people with some of the money, one as a consultant to help me brainstorm and bounce ideas around to shatter the writer's block, which works WONDERS, let me tell you (there are some AMAZING future ideas planned now, and some of them are HILARIOUS). The other one is Rimulex, the guy who built the original framework for the game. He's gonna help me get the Character Book working correctly, and perhaps assist with some ideas for the side characters. I may even have him help with other features you request later on down the line.

We're getting to the part of the story where we're about to discover the gimmick that makes the optional content accessible. That framework also has to be built to set up for how it's going to be used in Story Arc 2 (Security) and onward. So unfortunately it's more than just "write story 4head" lol

1659680537409.png

So, while there hasn't been a TON of progress on the actual writing of the scenes, there has been a LOT of behind-the-scenes development of both the systems and the world. These foundations are going to set up for some amazing experiences for everyone, and faster delivery of new content.

This, in turn, paves the way for me to have TONS of new characters for you to interact with, while also developing the classic characters you've come to know and love. The goal is to have mountains of good content that give you hours of playtime in the story quality that you've come to know and love. We're still kind of nailing down the flow and everything, but once this gets going, content delivery should ramp up a bit. No more 4 month waits for new in-game days. And definitely no more 8 month waits.

1659680560946.png

All the support has been enormous throughout the months of June and July. The Patreon income has DOUBLED from what it was in November, and I'll take that as a huge complement. I've been taking a lot of the time recently to design and deliver on our T5 Creator patrons' creations, and they've been coming up with some AMAZING monster girls for you all to interact with. There are a lot of story ideas being tossed around right now, and there's some epic stuff being written. Not to mention some of these designs are absolute fire. I will be doing reveal posts on each of them at some point to introduce you to these character concepts. Just... good lord, you have NO idea what these people have in store for you. Good god. I can't wait to show you.

1659680575173.png

The current plan is to get Thursday and Friday completely finished and ship it as 0.1.5.8. Then, when Saturday and Sunday are finished, I'll ship that as 0.1.6 and the completion of Chapter 6 and the first story arc. The first update beyond this would be 0.2, as we're beginning the second story arc. 0.2.1 would be Second Arc, completed Chapter 1, etc.

Patrons have an amazing Patron-only content package coming soon, most likely week-by-week, with T5 Patrons receiving special uncensored versions. I'm not obscuring it real well, I realize, but the nature of the package is still a secret at least, and the Patrons, I think, will be VERY happy with what I'm delivering.

It'll take a lot more Patreon support to make everything I want for this game happen, but thanks to y'all, we are getting there. Together, you can finally make Wither happy!

1659680588368.png

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
I've been taking a lot of the time recently to design and deliver on our T5 Creator patrons' creations, and they've been coming up with some AMAZING monster girls for you all to interact with. There are a lot of story ideas being tossed around right now, and there's some epic stuff being written. Not to mention some of these designs are absolute fire. I will be doing reveal posts on each of them at some point to introduce you to these character concepts. Just... good lord, you have NO idea what these people have in store for you. Good god. I can't wait to show you.
Ho Lee Phuck that goat girl is fucking sexy. This is awakening something in me, local goat farmers beware.
Good to see Wither get some love, felt so bad for her when she wanted to help with Druthari. Although your previews are missing a certain shade of green :mad:
MC clearly has his head screwed on better than me, I'd still be freaking out over Nook. Hope the princess is alright stuck in her little bubble by herself.

BFC 78

Jan 23, 2022
Ho Lee Phuck that goat girl is fucking sexy. This is awakening something in me, local goat farmers beware.
Good to see Wither get some love, felt so bad for her when she wanted to help with Druthari. Although your previews are missing a certain shade of green :mad:
MC clearly has his head screwed on better than me, I'd still be freaking out over Nook. Hope the princess is alright stuck in her little bubble by herself.
yes I'm still sobbing in the corner over poor Nook and princess Tilai :LOL:

GraveXMachina

Jun 9, 2020
Just curious...but why hasn't the MC visited tthe princess after Nook disappeared yet?

It would probably be the first place I'd check...
And even if she's not there, it would be nice to inform the princess or at least check how's sshe doing.

Or, can we not visit without Nook?

Reactions: AlexaSky

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
Just curious...but why hasn't the MC visited tthe princess after Nook disappeared yet?

It would probably be the first place I'd check...
And even if she's not there, it would be nice to inform the princess or at least check how's sshe doing.

Or, can we not visit without Nook?
Only Nook can access that space. I'm not certain but from what they said I don't think the princess even can, I'm pretty sure she's stuck until we find Nook.

Reactions: Tavi13

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
T5 Creation: Phoebe, the Phoenix

Hi all! I promised more sneak previews of our T5 Creator girls, so here we are! Today's lovely specimen is Phoebe, a Phoenix girl, created by T5 Patron KnuckleDragger.

1660436120920.png

An accomplished greatsword fighter and fire mage, Phoebe is a terrifying combatant with plenty of experience behind her. However, upon completing her studies and taking residence in our world, she fell in love with the southern way of life. Sweetness, hospitality, and good-natured care for one's neighbors won her over.

1660436138485.png

1660436147147.png

As far as character design goes, if thick thighs could save lives, Phoebe would be a miracle worker. She's also the first character we've given metallic-looking hair, adding to the texture and shine until it shone in the scene lighting. We're still discussing her story, but the current direction we're thinking of is revealing her as a professor at the Academy, brought to WJC, since we haven't shown any of the professors or instructors in the game yet.

1660436161411.png

We've gotten a lot of positive feedback about her design, and we hope to include her in the game soon. It'll take some time to figure out a good place in the story to insert her, but we're confident we can find a good spot.

1660436173529.png

Until next time!

-Vic

GraveXMachina

Jun 9, 2020
T5 Creation: Phoebe, the Phoenix

Hi all! I promised more sneak previews of our T5 Creator girls, so here we are! Today's lovely specimen is Phoebe, a Phoenix girl, created by T5 Patron KnuckleDragger.

View attachment 1983092

An accomplished greatsword fighter and fire mage, Phoebe is a terrifying combatant with plenty of experience behind her. However, upon completing her studies and taking residence in our world, she fell in love with the southern way of life. Sweetness, hospitality, and good-natured care for one's neighbors won her over.

View attachment 1983094

View attachment 1983095

As far as character design goes, if thick thighs could save lives, Phoebe would be a miracle worker. She's also the first character we've given metallic-looking hair, adding to the texture and shine until it shone in the scene lighting. We're still discussing her story, but the current direction we're thinking of is revealing her as a professor at the Academy, brought to WJC, since we haven't shown any of the professors or instructors in the game yet.

View attachment 1983096

We've gotten a lot of positive feedback about her design, and we hope to include her in the game soon. It'll take some time to figure out a good place in the story to insert her, but we're confident we can find a good spot.

View attachment 1983097

Until next time!

-Vic
Please choke me with those thighs...

I mean what?!..<_<…>_>…

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
Never considered that lol. May have to add an easter egg in there somewhere if you do that.
I just saw another game (Lost at Birth) where a character is mentioned in a story, and if the player is using that character's name, the character instead seamlessly gets a different name. Less easter-egg and more just preventing confusion. But easter eggs are funnier.

Reactions: VictorSeven

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
Progress Report: Collaborators

Hello all!

This past week has been super exciting. Thursday is completely written, and I'm in the process of shooting and scoring the scenes. I just purchased 2 new music packs of the same style as what's already in the game, so you'll have more music fairly soon as well.

1660901859956.png

In this next build, I've experimented with a very choice-oriented, almost dungeon-crawl style scene where each room you enter should change its dialogue based on the rooms you've already been in. It was hell to code, and I may not have even done it right or in the most "clean" of ways. But I'm trying it, and I hope you all find it more interactive than the largely kinetic nature of the rest of the story. Now, this IS a kinetic novel at heart, not a dating sim or even a true Visual Novel, as the choices are few and far between. But that's where the next part comes in.

1660901880493.png

Most of the work that's been done so far is on the optional content system I'm planning on introducing either with this next update or the one after that finishes out the Janitor Arc. I've been able to bring back Rimulex, who is now working on the gallery and optional content system. I've also brought on two consultants, RyuKaiser and Necromedes, for assistance in writing some of these optional character stories. Necromedes is the lead dev of Darksun Studios, responsible for and planning a new project called . You can check those projects out by clicking the linked text above. I've also brought in someone to help me shore up Aoibheann's dialogue and make it more accurate to true Irish speech.

Because of these amazing collaborators, some of the unreleased characters have gotten some pretty huge redesigns, chief of which being Senia, the Kneecapper Goblin, and Mayyah, the Naiad. I'm also experimenting with more outfits for the characters, so you may see some of them in a way you've never seen them before.

1660901904570.png

But don't worry. These alternate outfits aren't just for the fun of it. There will be story reasons for all the new stuff. Story is first priority, always. Anyways, I appreciate your patience with me, as there's a lot of behind-the-scenes work going on while I'm also trying to write, shoot, and score the rest of the week.

1660901921963.png

Thank you all for your support! Back to work for me!

-Vic

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
Progress Report: Collaborators

Hello all!

This past week has been super exciting. Thursday is completely written, and I'm in the process of shooting and scoring the scenes. I just purchased 2 new music packs of the same style as what's already in the game, so you'll have more music fairly soon as well.
!

-Vic

I know you've probably mentioned this before but I couldn't find it through search - where do you get your music from?

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
I know you've probably mentioned this before but I couldn't find it through search - where do you get your music from?
WOWSound is where I buy my music. Quickie: A Love Hotel Story also uses some of the music that I've used, so I assume they buy from the same place.

I also compose my own music, but I haven't introduced any of those tracks to the game yet. I've only referenced my lyrical music through Kanako so far (the band she likes? Nightblind? That may or may not be a little self-plug easter egg lol)

Shark_inA-chiar

Sep 22, 2020
im confused i played the game but most of all the stuff in the gallery is lock it didn't seem like there was a ton of dialog options to make in the game am i missing some thing?

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
im confused i played the game but most of all the stuff in the gallery is lock it didn't seem like there was a ton of dialog options to make in the game am i missing some thing?
The apparent 'locked' things in the gallery are placeholders, they're not actual scenes that you didn't unlock.

There are currently 11 gallery scenes in the game. 1 each for 5 girls, and 2 for 3 other girls.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: VictorSeven
4.50 star(s) 32 Votes