ssj782

Engaged Member
Apr 19, 2019
In my case, it's because 1) I don't like lesbian content, so any possible LI that is lesbian doesn't interest me in the slightest, and those that have lesbian content because they are bisexual, interest me very little. 2) I don't like sharing, so being Chiara purely a lesbian, I have no interest in her being part of the harem, so starting a relationship with Eshtel after she starts one with Chiara isn't something I'm passionate about. (I only find this kind of content minimally acceptable if both LIs are part of the harem, although I still don't like it too much, in fact I still prefer to have the option of them not starting a relationship). 3) If it's not a romantic relationship, then I'm not usually interested in the LI. So knowing that if Eshtel starts a romantic relationship with the MC it would be either sharing or cheating on Chiara (neither of those things interests me), and the third option is an only sexual relationship (right now I see it as the most plausible route, but I may be wrong), I don't see a route that can interest me.
I actually got more of a 'free love' vibe from Eshtel. She was quite open about her interest in both. And from the things she said it's quite normal among her culture to do so.
So it would probably be separate sharing, in the end. It could be 'just sex', but I doubt it with the entire purpose of the story being a guy proving that not all human guys are scum.
Though I have to wonder how that other janitor still has a job with the manhater. Most of her vitriol seems focused on the mc, when the other guy (can't remember his name right now) has been outright scummy to several of the females on top of the shitty job he does. Finding a replacement would be quite simple. So I feel like the dev is keeping him in the game solely to be a scummy antagonist, which doesn't really fit with the no nonsense vibe the Ms Clements shows constantly.

Reactions: BlasKyau

Tar77

Aug 23, 2019
Though I have to wonder how that other janitor still has a job with the manhater. Most of her vitriol seems focused on the mc, when the other guy (can't remember his name right now) has been outright scummy to several of the females on top of the shitty job he does. Finding a replacement would be quite simple. So I feel like the dev is keeping him in the game solely to be a scummy antagonist, which doesn't really fit with the no nonsense vibe the Ms Clements shows constantly.
I think the game actually does a pretty good job at the beginning of explaining that they are already short staffed and unable to fill those jobs. So finding a replacement might be impossible for whatever reasons. I assume that is why the guy isn't fired.

ssj782

Engaged Member
Apr 19, 2019
I think the game actually does a pretty good job at the beginning of explaining that they are already short staffed and unable to fill those jobs. So finding a replacement might be impossible for whatever reasons. I assume that is why the guy isn't fired.
That's something that makes little sense. It obviously isn't a money issue with how they instantly hire a full private security group. That isn't cheap. So why the heck would jobs be hard to fill?
I understood it as most men wouldn't be willing to be a janitor (because the manhater only hires men for 'demeaning' jobs), but that's bull. Janitor is a low requirement, easy to fill job. Seemingly only the mc is required to do the jack of all trades handyman things, so it isn't that.
It likely wouldn't be due to hate for the otherworlders because there's a much larger than you might think fandom for monster girls.
So why would he be even remotely difficult to replace, other than the dev keeping him solely to be a lazy, scumbag antagonist showing how much 'better' the mc is? That's the only 'reasonable' use that he serves. They constantly tell us how he barely does half his job and the 'perfect' mc is always the one picking up the slack. Story-wise there's seemingly no reason for it.
To make it actually reasonable, the dev could make it so that one of their family members is on the Board and that's why they can get away with their crap.

Tar77

Aug 23, 2019
That's something that makes little sense. It obviously isn't a money issue with how they instantly hire a full private security group. So why the heck would jobs be hard to fill? I understood it as most men wouldn't be willing to be a janitor (because the manhater only hires men for 'demeaning' jobs), but that's bull. Janitor is a low requirement, easy to fill job.
It likely wouldn't be due to hate for the otherworlders because there's a much larger than you might think fandom for monster girls.
So why would he be even remotely difficult to replace, other than the dev keeping him solely to be a lazy, scumbag antagonist showing how much 'better' the mc is?
Trying to figure out the logic behind it seems kinda pointless to me. Didn't say anything about if it makes sense just that that was more or less explained as the current situation. The reason behind it could be anything. Low skill jobs happen to be some of the hardest to fill irl too. Maybe it's as simple as the game world pays too much welfare. Or maybe there was a recent war and part of the population was wiped out. Whatever it is it feels unimportant to the story to me.

ssj782

Engaged Member
Apr 19, 2019
Trying to figure out the logic behind it seems kinda pointless to me. Didn't say anything about if it makes sense just that that was more or less explained as the current situation. The reason behind it could be anything. Low skill jobs happen to be some of the hardest to fill irl too. Maybe it's as simple as the game world pays too much welfare. Or maybe there was a recent war and part of the population was wiped out. Whatever it is it feels unimportant to the story to me.
It's important because the antagonist only seems to exist to be the antagonist. The mc was constantly bothered by Clements even though he's by far the best of the three janitors, even though she herself admits that the prick janitor (still can't remember his name) is garbage.
Without an actual reason for keeping him, it becomes forced. Which is bad writing. A bad guy just for the purpose of trhem being a bad guy. His only reasons to exist so far are to make the mc look good, and antagonize two girls so far (that we've seen).
So far the dev seems to appreciate constructive criticism and wants to make a cohesive plot. So pointing out issues is useful. And making him the son of a member of the Board would perfectly fit in with not being able to fire him for being a shoddy janitor and (so far) not going 'too far'. He wasn't reported for causing the dark elf's panic attack.
That in itself was a bit weird. Most dark elf mythos have them as matriarchal sadists that treat their men like property. So a female dark elf afraid of men seems...odd. Wonder what the story will be for that one.

Last edited:

Tar77

Aug 23, 2019
It's important because the antagonist only seems to exist to be the antagonist. The mc was constantly bothered by Clements even though he's by far the best of the three janitors, even though she herself admits that the prick janitor (still can't remember his name) is garbage.
Without an actual reason for keeping him, it becomes forced. Which is bad writing. A bad guy just for the purpose of trhem being a bad guy. His only reasons to exist so far are to make the mc look good, and antagonize two girls so far (that we've seen).
So far the dev seems to appreciate constructive criticism and wants to make a cohesive plot. So pointing out issues is useful. And making him the son of a member of the Board would perfectly fit in with not being able to fire him for being a shoddy janitor and (so far) not going 'too far'. He wasn't reported for causing the dark elf's panic attack.
Well if that's what you think I don't think there is any point in trying to change your mind. I think bad employees are a pretty common occurrence and they don't get fired or replaced for a lot of different real world reasons. Hopefully he doesn't get kept around forever or at least gets taught a lesson and gets his act together.

As for the dark elf. A lot of the characters tend to go against overused archetypes in Victor's stories so I suspect there is a reason and we are likely to learn more about her and why in the future.

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
I actually got more of a 'free love' vibe from Eshtel. She was quite open about her interest in both. And from the things she said it's quite normal among her culture to do so.
So it would probably be separate sharing, in the end. It could be 'just sex', but I doubt it with the entire purpose of the story being a guy proving that not all human guys are scum.
I'm not a fan of "free love" or sharing, and if Eshtel has chosen to start a relationship with Chiara, I prefer that she doesn't have any kind of romantic or sexual relationship with the MC.

As I say, right now I'm not interested in Eshtel (to a certain extent because of the sharing that, as you say, she seems more than open to doing) nor Chiara, largely because of being a lesbian. But what really makes me not interested at all is the fact that they have started a relationship with each other.

Yes, the truth is that it is strange that they keep Jack (I think that was his name).

ssj782

Engaged Member
Apr 19, 2019
I'm not a fan of "free love" or sharing, and if Eshtel has chosen to start a relationship with Chiara, I prefer that she doesn't have any kind of romantic or sexual relationship with the MC.

As I say, right now I'm not interested in Eshtel (to a certain extent because of the sharing that, as you say, she seems more than open to doing) nor Chiara, largely because of being a lesbian. But what really makes me not interested at all is the fact that they have started a relationship with each other.
Is it weird that I just don't like her poofy hair?

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
TBH I really wish there was a choice to 100% ignore Chiara and not help her out at all. It's not that she's a lesbian, that I'm completely cool with but the way she treats the MC like trash because he's a dude reminds me of all the creepy harem fans on this site. Seems like a pretty shitty choice for a friend tbh.
And the way she does absolutely nothing herself and leaves it all up to the MC to seduce a girl I'd rather he just keep to himself just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I'd honestly take 100 Cecilias and Harpies over 1 of her.

Faptime

Mar 25, 2018
Loving the game so far! MC rides the line between being respectful and coming across as weak, so kudos to VictorSeven for that.

All of the girls are cute/sexy, and many are vying for the position of "bestgirl".

River content is coming soon, so if the Dev is taking a vote on whether to make her trans, my vote is a resounding Yay!

Reactions: Kionashi

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
I don't think trans girls look very good on Illusion games tbh but I'll love River either way. It would explain a decent bit about her but I don't think it's the only explanation.
Might end up hurting her character in the long run though. A lot of people don't like trans girls, I feel like if the dev does go ahead with that then they should also commit to continue making content for her even if she does tank on the popularity vote after. Kinda unfair to fans of both River and trans content if the dev takes one of the most popular girls, makes her trans and then throws her on the backburner when her popularity potentially drops.

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
River content is coming soon, so if the Dev is taking a vote on whether to make her trans, my vote is a resounding Yay!
If the Dev makes River trans, I'll have to add one more to the list of LIs to avoid. Certainly the Dev can make whatever content he wants, but I'll use the right to choose if I'm interested in each individual LI to avoid her altogether.

Reactions: Cernunnos.

Faptime

Mar 25, 2018
If the Dev makes River trans, I'll have to add one more to the list of LIs to avoid. Certainly the Dev can make whatever content he wants, but I'll use the right to choose if I'm interested in each individual LI to avoid her altogether.
I like that that seems to be the way the game is going. I, for one, will avoid a romantic relationship with Cecilia if at all possible. Woman needs prison and therapy and I have no desire to have sexy times with her.

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
I like that that seems to be the way the game is going. I, for one, will avoid a romantic relationship with Cecilia if at all possible. Woman needs prison and therapy and I have no desire to have sexy times with her.
I agree that she doesn't need a relationship, she needs a psychiatrist and a prison sentence of several tens of years, of course Cecilia is among the LIs that I'm going to avoid. For now I have avoided the harpy. And I will avoid Eshtel and Chiara as soon as there is an opportunity to do so. If River is trans, I will definitely include her in this group.

Faptime

Mar 25, 2018
I agree that she doesn't need a relationship, she needs a psychiatrist and a prison sentence of several tens of years, of course Cecilia is among the LIs that I'm going to avoid. For now I have avoided the harpy. And I will avoid Eshtel and Chiara as soon as there is an opportunity to do so. If River is trans, I will definitely include her in this group.
agreed about the Harpy, but Chiara can fist bump me while we Eiffel Tower Esthel, and River is going for a ride on the MC Express, trans or not. Lol

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
agreed about the Harpy, but Chiara can fist bump me while we Eiffel Tower Esthel, and River is going for a ride on the MC Express, trans or not. Lol
I don't know if I'm being weird, but Chiara and Eshtel don't interest me. In fact, Chiara's text conversation with the MC talking about how much she likes the Dryad was so uninteresting, at least to me, that at one point I loaded the game and skipped it.

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
Loving the game so far! MC rides the line between being respectful and coming across as weak, so kudos to VictorSeven for that.

All of the girls are cute/sexy, and many are vying for the position of "bestgirl".

Hey, thanks! Lot more coming, so stay tuned.

Regarding River, all I'm gonna say is I've had her story written for over a year now, and some people may like it, some may not. It may even make some people angry. But it's going in the game the way it is anyways, and the player will have a choice as to how they interact with the story and whether or not they experience it. I have a very unique angle coming to this story, and I can only hope that people give the writing enough of a chance to shine instead of writing it off completely.

I don't know if I'm being weird, but Chiara and Eshtel don't interest me. In fact, Chiara's text conversation with the MC talking about how much she likes the Dryad was so uninteresting, at least to me, that at one point I loaded the game and skipped it.
At this point, my dude, I've just come to realize that you have a comfort zone narrower than the Suez Canal with a ship stuck in it. I've gone through HUGE effort to make the game more comfortable for you, but I can't help but feel like every comment I see from you is a new thing you found to dislike. I've done what I can to make things as reasonably avoidable and choice-oriented as I can, which yes, was very good for the game. So I'm thankful it happened and for your feedback overall, I do want to say that. But at this point, I dunno what else I can do for ya, man. I think I'm just gonna tell my story, and if you decide to stay along for the ride, great. I'm gonna include the choices I want to include, and you really don't need to worry about the ones you don't choose because they weren't written for you. Other players being able to choose what they like doesn't affect you in the slightest. I'm not gonna go demand that the supermarket stop selling onions just because I don't like them. I'll simply pass on buying onions, because other people who ARE buying them don't affect me at all. There's no reason for me to take a choice you wouldn't pick out of the game just because you don't like the possibility existing. Just don't pick it and enjoy your playthrough the way you crafted it lol. I can't really do much more for you without damaging/limiting other players' experiences.

That being said, I've learned from the community that the right to choose who you interact with and don't is extremely important. You may have noticed I've given you options to Nope out of sexy scenes you don't want to happen in the newest build, and I will be continuing that trend in later builds. I only have one more "story" H-scene planned because of how the Patrons voted, but after that, it should all be optional. And I'm still going to give you the option to Nope out.

Anyways, it's getting to be about time for another devlog, so expect that within the next couple of days. I've been stuck on one scene for a while, so when I finally finish it out, I'm going to be very happy. Should be gearing up for a small content drop hopefully soon, depending on how soon I can get all the scenes written for Thursday and start shooting. Might even do 2 days at once and aim for a mid-cycle update with Thursday and Friday in it, and then finish out Ch.6 later on with Saturday and Sunday. Thank you all for your support and patience.

Last edited:

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
At this point, my dude, I've just come to realize that you have a comfort zone narrower than the Suez Canal with a ship stuck in it. I've gone through HUGE effort to make the game more comfortable for you, but I can't help but feel like every comment I see from you is a new thing you found to dislike. I've done what I can to make things as reasonably avoidable and choice-oriented as I can, which yes, was very good for the game. So I'm thankful it happened and for your feedback overall, I do want to say that. But at this point, I dunno what else I can do for ya, man. I think I'm just gonna tell my story, and if you decide to stay along for the ride, great. I'm gonna include the choices I want to include, and you really don't need to worry about the ones you don't choose because they weren't written for you. Other players being able to choose what they like doesn't affect you in the slightest. I'm not gonna go demand that the supermarket stop selling onions just because I don't like them. I'll simply pass on buying onions, because other people who ARE buying them don't affect me at all. There's no reason for me to take a choice you wouldn't pick out of the game just because you don't like the possibility existing. Just don't pick it and enjoy your playthrough the way you crafted it lol. I can't really do much more for you without damaging/limiting other players' experiences.

That being said, I've learned from the community that the right to choose who you interact with and don't is extremely important. You may have noticed I've given you options to Nope out of sexy scenes you don't want to happen in the newest build, and I will be continuing that trend in later builds. I only have one more "story" H-scene planned because of how the Patrons voted, but after that, it should all be optional. And I'm still going to give you the option to Nope out.

Anyways, it's getting to be about time for another devlog, so expect that within the next couple of days. I've been stuck on one scene for a while, so when I finally finish it out, I'm going to be very happy. Should be gearing up for a small content drop hopefully soon, depending on how soon I can get all the scenes written for Thursday and start shooting. Might even do 2 days at once and aim for a mid-cycle update with Thursday and Friday in it, and then finish out Ch.6 later on with Saturday and Sunday. Thank you all for your support and patience.
I'm possibly one of the most vanilla players on the entire forum, so don't worry too much about doing things that I (or anyone else) like. I don't have a problem with routes that I don't like, for example I'm playing a game focused on NTR (which is actually a fetish that I don't like at all) that has a single vanilla route which is actually what I'm doing. Of course I don't give a shit what happens on the multiple NTR routes and if they have more or less content than the one I follow. So I think you misunderstood my comments.

Personally, I don't think you have to do anything to make me like your game more, unless you think it's going to make it better. Do what you think you have to do and take the tips that you think will really improve your game and help you tell your story.

In my case, if, as you said, I can avoid (sentimentally and sexually) LIs who don't interest me, I don't find much of a problem: If I don't have to follow their romantic routes I certainly don't care how they develop (with all due respect, I'm not saying this to offend anyone), not even that they exist. I won't follow their routes, but I really don't give a damn if there are any or that in the end, for whatever reason, you decide not to do them. Of course, talking to others (as it is the case that we were before) I will indicate which routes I follow and which ones I have preferred to ignore, and I will speculate on other possible routes and if I am interested in following them, but I do not think that this is the equivalent of asking you to change anything.

On the other hand, I'm liking the game a lot, that there are some LIs with whom I don't want a romance is not the equivalent of criticism or complaints or anything similar. Chiara, Eshtel, Cecilia and the harpy don't interest me (although with respect to the first two if their content had been mandatory, I wouldn't have left the game, I don't dislike lesbian content, it just bores me a lot), but both Chiara and Eshtel they seem like good characters (personally I prefer the MC to be friends with Chiara than to establish a romance with her, although her conversation with the MC about the dryad's boobs was boring for me and I used the option you included to be able to skip it, the rest of the conversations are nice). I think that Cecilia is a good antagonist, and I'm not against know more about her (only that I prefer that the MC doesn't start a romance with her). The harpy is the only one that I think that I have avoided completely when I avoided to do her sex scene.

Finally, I would like to point out that I don't care if they sell onions in the supermarket, as long as they don't force me to buy them, they can sell thousands of kilograms of onions or even thousands of tons of onions. I will continue buying my oranges to make my juice and everyone is so happy, they with their onions and me with my oranges.

Reactions: DrLizardman

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
I'm possibly one of the most vanilla players on the entire forum, so don't worry too much about doing things that I (or anyone else) like. I don't have a problem with routes that I don't like, for example I'm playing a game focused on NTR (which is actually a fetish that I don't like at all) that has a single vanilla route which is actually what I'm doing. Of course I don't give a shit what happens on the multiple NTR routes and if they have more or less content than the one I follow. So I think you misunderstood my comments.

Personally, I don't think you have to do anything to make me like your game more, unless you think it's going to make it better. Do what you think you have to do and take the tips that you think will really improve your game and help you tell your story.

In my case, if, as you said, I can avoid (sentimentally and sexually) LIs who don't interest me, I don't find much of a problem: If I don't have to follow their romantic routes I certainly don't care how they develop (with all due respect, I'm not saying this to offend anyone), not even that they exist. I won't follow their routes, but I really don't give a damn if there are any or that in the end, for whatever reason, you decide not to do them. Of course, talking to others (as it is the case that we were before) I will indicate which routes I follow and which ones I have preferred to ignore, and I will speculate on other possible routes and if I am interested in following them, but I do not think that this is the equivalent of asking you to change anything.

On the other hand, I'm liking the game a lot, that there are some LIs with whom I don't want a romance is not the equivalent of criticism or complaints or anything similar. Chiara, Eshtel, Cecilia and the harpy don't interest me (although with respect to the first two if their content had been mandatory, I wouldn't have left the game, I don't dislike lesbian content, it just bores me a lot), but both Chiara and Eshtel they seem like good characters (personally I prefer the MC to be friends with Chiara than to establish a romance with her, although her conversation with the MC about the dryad's boobs was boring for me and I used the option you included to be able to skip it, the rest of the conversations are nice). I think that Cecilia is a good antagonist, and I'm not against know more about her (only that I prefer that the MC doesn't start a romance with her). The harpy is the only one that I think that I have avoided completely when I avoided to do her sex scene.

Finally, I would like to point out that I don't care if they sell onions in the supermarket, as long as they don't force me to buy them, they can sell thousands of kilograms of onions or even thousands of tons of onions. I will continue buying my oranges to make my juice and everyone is so happy, they with their onions and me with my oranges.
Okay, that's super relieving to hear. Maybe I was just reading you wrong. Text is hard to infer tone from. I appreciate you clarifying and going through the effort to explain your position. My apologies if I came off rude or anything. I'm definitely going to continue the trend of giving the player a choice, as that seems to go over well with everyone. I suppose what you saw as speculation I was taking as criticism, and that's my bad for reading it wrong.

4.50 star(s) 32 Votes