Shark_inA-chiar

Sep 22, 2020
The apparent 'locked' things in the gallery are placeholders, they're not actual scenes that you didn't unlock.

There are currently 11 gallery scenes in the game. 1 each for 5 girls, and 2 for 3 other girls.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Ahh ok thats what about what i got thank you i will be back in a few more updates then

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
Progress Report: The CHUNKIEST Two Days So Far

Hello, All!

Thanks for your patience; I really need to make a schedule for these Progress Report thingies. Anyways, onto what you're here for. WHEN NEXT UPDATE?!

Well, lately my focus has been demanded for my cousin's affairs and work. For those of you who are unaware, my cousin Phil committed suicide in June. Things... haven't been the same. But the show must go on, and the world doesn't stop turning. In addition, there have been issues with people unable to do their damn jobs at work, so I've been covering a lot of extra time. And seeing as how I currently make more at my job than on this game, work comes first.

DESPITE THAT... I have numbers for you.

1661930187704.png
THURSDAY:

• Scripting/Writing: 100%​
  • Shooting: 70%​
  • Scoring/Bugtesting: 40%​
FRIDAY:

• Scripting/Writing: 80%​
  • Shooting: 0%​
  • Scoring/Bugtesting: 0%​
So as you can see, Thursday is nearly finished. Shooting takes the longest, as that's where I'm posing and taking the shots that will end up in the game. I was having issues shooting a scene in the security office because there are SO MANY OBJECTS ON THAT MAP that it maxes out my memory and I have to force close the program. I figured out how to do UI screenshots with no UI to bypass the rendering process, but the files were about 2.5x the size of the rendered screenshots, which makes me wonder... should I be using UI screenshots instead?

Anyways. Thursday is almost finished. I'm midway through shooting the second to last scene, and the last scene will be super easy to shoot.

1661930209020.png

As far as Friday, I only have 2 scenes to write, though one is HUGE. There is so much story and content packed into these two days specifically that I feel like Saturday and Sunday are gonna struggle to hold a candle to this update. Then again, I hope to introduce the Free Time system on Saturday, if my coder can get the book working properly. If not, we'll be using a menu as a placeholder. Either way, you'll have some optional content to customize your playthrough then.

1661930224867.png

As far as my own health goes, it's been rough until recently. Ever since Phil passed, I haven't been sleeping more than 2 hours at a time. Perpetually exhausted, and even nodding off at work at times, it's been difficult to want to do ANYTHING. But I may have found a way to combat this. I'm not someone who likes to wallow in the negative and use it as a shield. I'm a problem solver, and it's been a PROBLEM. So I started taking Vitamin D, Magnesium, and Zinc daily, and they have made a WORLD of difference. I'm less than a week in on these things, and I'm actually sleeping well. I've got my humor back. I've got some energy. And most importantly, I've started researching nootropics, having tried Adderall in the past, and came across Noopept, which I am using while writing, to pretty good effect. I can tell there's a difference in the level of focus, though it's not as extreme as Adderall was. Be that as it may, my productivity is definitely increasing.

My point is, I've taken a focus to my deteriorating health, and feeling better has led to me cranking out 2 full scenes in the past week. Most of the delay in getting new content for y'all is me booting up the computer, opening Atom, and just... staring at it. Unable to create. And this could go on for a week, or two, hoping for a day when I could sit down and actually write something But with the new supplement regimen, I seem to have dulled the defensive numbness and am able to push through the barriers and get words on the screen every single day. It's not my best work, but I still think it's good enough that y'all will be happy with it. I'm finding solutions and getting back on the train, despite how often life tries to Sparta kick me off lol. I'm in love with this world and these characters, and I have so much waiting to get written for you all... it just takes a while. So thank you for your patience. Eventually we'll get this nailed down and have some sort of consistency.

1661930240825.png

Also, I have nearly completed my SubscribeStar page. I'll be sure to make a post and add the link for those of you who want to support the game, but detest or can't use Patreon.

That's all for now! I'm excited to see how quickly I can get these two days done and ship them to y'all!

-Vic

Moonis

Mar 18, 2019
Oh man. Keep your health up. Having occasionally problems with my sleeping rhythm, I know that lack of sleep really devastates your stamina. Too tired to do anything productive.

You have made such an excellent characters, that you'd think they write themselves.
Just look at them and ideas start rushing in.

Excellent preview pictures.
1st: I can't wait to see that magnificent ass from MC's view of point.
2nd: Looks like investigation is going at full speed.
3rd: Dryad girl is always so pretty.
4th: Ah, demon girl is cute in that dress and shy posture. Makes me wanna hug her.

Reactions: VictorSeven

Tavi13

Feb 1, 2021
My point is, I've taken a focus to my deteriorating health,
THIS is the important part of the update. Sure I want content, especially a way to get the sad look off of Wither's face (you monster), but your health has to be the priority.
Glad to hear that you are taking it serious, and are finding things that are working for you.

Hope things continue to improve for you.

Reactions: VictorSeven

iamthejuggler

Jul 28, 2019
God yeah, health (physical and mental) comes first. Making a game is a marathon not a sprint, so there's no point burning yourself out in the first stretch! However I second the idea that you're a monster for that Wither moment!

jimmyjambles

Mar 8, 2022
Yeah, take time for yourself to recharge, man. Maybe take a trip somewhere and unplug from it all for a bit. No vidya game is worth your physical or mental health.

ssj782

Engaged Member
Apr 19, 2019
I don't know... I don't like her smile in the first pic. It makes it look like she's having fun while out poor Nook is still captive of those frog bastards...
And the Princess should still be trapped as long as Nook is trapped, so no one should smile with an interdimensional issue going on :p

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
Progress Report: The Hardest Part of Creating AVNs (For Me)

What a week. I've finally gotten through the TWO scenes that were giving me the most grief.

Usually, shooting scenes is relatively easy. I load up a scene I've already constructed, add the characters I need, and get to work. But for this coming Thursday, I had to construct 5 new locales from scratch. 3 were almost identical, so they were a breeze, but for the other two, I had to dig through StudioNEO's cache of maps (WHICH HAS NO SEARCH FUNCTION, BY THE BY) and suffer analysis paralysis over which ones to use lol.

1662864281103.png

Anyways, I've gotten a ton of work done this week. I have exactly one scene left to finish shooting for Thursday. I did most of the bugtesting for Thursday as well (everything but that scene I have yet to shoot). After that, all I have to do is add music and Thursday is done.

Speaking of music, I've also started organizing and converting a couple of new music packs I bought, and my god, y'all. These tracks are so goddamn good.

Compared to Thursday, Friday will be a breeze. I'm still writing the second to last scene, but it's all planned out so far. This current scene I'm writing will likely be a pain to shoot as well, but I don't think I have ANY scenes on Friday that take place in locales I haven't already created.

1662864302287.png

Lastly, I've started Rimulex on the system that will enable the optional content. Starting in the Security Arc, you'll have several opportunities per day to take a break from the main story and go spend time with one of the girls, and I'm thinking unlimited time in the evening (that way you're not missing optional content simply because there are no more playable days in the game). It shouldn't take us too long to put this together, and unlike the Gallery system, you're only gonna see buttons for girls that actually have written, unlockable content. No placeholders that aren't unlockable. I know that confused a lot of people in the gallery, so sorry for that.

1662864359958.png

Anyways, the long and the short of it is, all I have to do for Thursday is shoot the Evening scene, and then add music to all the scenes and bugtest. On Friday, I have the scene planning for the big scene mostly done and have written about 1/5th of it. Until then, enjoy this shot of Nook that I'm sure you all remember.

1662864379303.png

Am I teasing you? Absolutely. Am I gonna die for it? Probably. What happened to Nook, anyways? Find out...

ON THE NEXT EXCITING EPISODE OF ACADEMYBALLZ!

- Vic
P.S.: Love how everyone just assumes Nook is "trapped" or "captured" lol

Soulpuppet

Sep 10, 2020
Progress Report: The Hardest Part of Creating AVNs (For Me)

What a week. I've finally gotten through the TWO scenes that were giving me the most grief.

Usually, shooting scenes is relatively easy. I load up a scene I've already constructed, add the characters I need, and get to work. But for this coming Thursday, I had to construct 5 new locales from scratch. 3 were almost identical, so they were a breeze, but for the other two, I had to dig through StudioNEO's cache of maps (WHICH HAS NO SEARCH FUNCTION, BY THE BY) and suffer analysis paralysis over which ones to use lol.

View attachment 2036798

Anyways, I've gotten a ton of work done this week. I have exactly one scene left to finish shooting for Thursday. I did most of the bugtesting for Thursday as well (everything but that scene I have yet to shoot). After that, all I have to do is add music and Thursday is done.

Speaking of music, I've also started organizing and converting a couple of new music packs I bought, and my god, y'all. These tracks are so goddamn good.

Compared to Thursday, Friday will be a breeze. I'm still writing the second to last scene, but it's all planned out so far. This current scene I'm writing will likely be a pain to shoot as well, but I don't think I have ANY scenes on Friday that take place in locales I haven't already created.

View attachment 2036799

Lastly, I've started Rimulex on the system that will enable the optional content. Starting in the Security Arc, you'll have several opportunities per day to take a break from the main story and go spend time with one of the girls, and I'm thinking unlimited time in the evening (that way you're not missing optional content simply because there are no more playable days in the game). It shouldn't take us too long to put this together, and unlike the Gallery system, you're only gonna see buttons for girls that actually have written, unlockable content. No placeholders that aren't unlockable. I know that confused a lot of people in the gallery, so sorry for that.

View attachment 2036800

Anyways, the long and the short of it is, all I have to do for Thursday is shoot the Evening scene, and then add music to all the scenes and bugtest. On Friday, I have the scene planning for the big scene mostly done and have written about 1/5th of it. Until then, enjoy this shot of Nook that I'm sure you all remember.

View attachment 2036801

Am I teasing you? Absolutely. Am I gonna die for it? Probably. What happened to Nook, anyways? Find out...

ON THE NEXT EXCITING EPISODE OF ACADEMYBALLZ!

- Vic
P.S.: Love how everyone just assumes Nook is "trapped" or "captured" lol
Must....haz....more....Nook!

Danv

Aug 21, 2020
playing for first time - really love how in-game spoilers are implemented, it's even better than WT-mods, in-depth explanation about choices is really great for control freaks like me, wish more games had such feature

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
So is this an actual harem game cause some of the stuff in the FP paints a picture of having to pick mutually exclusive routes and trying to juggle everyone leads to shit outcomes but then a cursory search for 'harem' suggests otherwise so...?

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
So is this an actual harem game cause some of the stuff in the FP paints a picture of having to pick mutually exclusive routes and trying to juggle everyone leads to shit outcomes but then a cursory search for 'harem' suggests otherwise so...?
I don't think there are any mutually exclusive routes or scenes like that. There are some bits where you can decide the order of characters that you meet for scenes but I don't believe you get locked out of one girl for hanging out with another at any point.

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
The way I've hopefully designed the game thus far is so you don't miss any content you don't want to miss. There are currently no "routes" in the game, as it's more linear during the first story arc, but in the second arc, I'm planning for each girl to have kind of a quest line you follow to deepen your relationship with her. Some of these quest lines will involve other girls. There will be no "routes" that lock you off of another girl. I don't want players missing content unless they choose to.

For now, give it a try, and see how you like it!

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
So does that weird-ass popularity show actually happen or is it just some weird meta insert that didn't really happen in-universe?

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
So does that weird-ass popularity show actually happen or is it just some weird meta insert that didn't really happen in-universe?
I think it just serves to advertise the most popular LIs in the latest poll. I think someone once explained it: it's something similar to what Japanese publishers do with their anime series by including popularity polls in the middle, at the beginning or at the end of an episode, presented by one or more of the characters (Instead of presenting some graphs without any grace, they act as if it were happening on a TV program, which in theory makes the experience more enjoyable). It doesn't really happen in the anime, unless the viewer prefers to think that it really happens. I guess everyone can decide for themselves about it.

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
I guess everyone can decide for themselves about it.
Well, it'd be pretty freaking weird for it to be a real thing in-universe so i'll just chalk it up to meta insert.

Unrelated; does the game brighten up and get more colour in it as the game progresses? Cause it's often very dark and quite washed out, makes everything look bleak and depressing if anything is actually visible. The intro mentioned the dev improving things by the end of chapter one but the first 1-on-1 conversation with Chiara (when Eshtel borrows a book) was very dark and gloomy.

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
Well, it'd be pretty freaking weird for it to be a real thing in-universe so i'll just chalk it up to meta insert.

Unrelated; does the game brighten up and get more colour in it as the game progresses? Cause it's often very dark and quite washed out, makes everything look bleak and depressing if anything is actually visible. The intro mentioned the dev improving things by the end of chapter one but the first 1-on-1 conversation with Chiara (when Eshtel borrows a book) was very dark and gloomy.
It depends on the scene, the rule is that the lights match the situation of each scene (or at least that's how I remember it). Other than that, I couldn't tell you if the lights have changed much from the first update to this one.

4.50 star(s) 32 Votes