VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
Surgery Needed - Future Plans

Hey all! I wanted to discuss a couple of things.

CHANGES TO SEASON 1

With all the work going towards WCA S2 right now, I haven't really had time to go back and shore up Season 1. I'm going to have to make some changes to the story in order to better serve Season 2.
  • All the variables need to be converted YET AGAIN to the style that I'm using in Season 2 so that you can load your game from Season 1 and have it play in Season 2 with all of your choices.​
  • The Harpy Girl will be removed and reintroduced in Season 2. I may even have to reshoot her first scene.​
  • The choice with Serafina will be removed, as I neglected to consider how the story might go if you lie.​
  • The Gallery will have to be fixed following the variable conversion. It's currently disabled in Season 2's Demo.​
  • SFW mode needs to be implemented so people can stream the game on popular, prudish sites like YouTube and Twitch.​
This will all happen... whenever I get to it, really. I'm more focused on getting new content out to everyone in the form of access to a good build of Season 2. Still aiming for end of August on that, but might not have a full 3 episodes. Depends on how fast I can work.

1690414758237.png

CHANGES TO SUPPORTER BENEFITS

With a whopping 49 romanceable characters planned, we've got our work cut out for us. With that said, allowing our supporters to create custom girls is no longer a feasible reward for support. Starting this month, all Tier 5 and above supporters will be able to pick at least 1 of these monthly benefits:
  • Request a Pinup Pack​
  • Request a Character Voicemail​
  • Request a Custom Video Clip​
  • Guarantee that a chosen character gets their next Side Story scene in the next build or two, depending on release date​
Additionally, supporters at T5 and above will automatically get all DLC characters for free and their updates as long as they are subscribed. That should hopefully bring a ton of value to this tier in lieu of creating your own girl for the game.

1690414775857.png

CHANGES TO THE SUPPORTER DEMO
  • Several bugs, including the map screen bug, have been fixed​
  • Option to start at Free Time added​
  • Along with Rukah Scene A, Nook Scene A and Mouse Scene A have been added to the demo! Mouse Scene A contains a hefty shoutout to another creator who has helped me extensively when I got stuck in the coding area. I'll be uploading the new build for Supporters soon.​
I appreciate your patience and love for this game and I'm working hard to bring you more!

-Vic​

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Surgery Needed - Future Plans

Hey all! I wanted to discuss a couple of things.

CHANGES TO SEASON 1

With all the work going towards WCA S2 right now, I haven't really had time to go back and shore up Season 1. I'm going to have to make some changes to the story in order to better serve Season 2.
  • All the variables need to be converted YET AGAIN to the style that I'm using in Season 2 so that you can load your game from Season 1 and have it play in Season 2 with all of your choices.​
  • The Harpy Girl will be removed and reintroduced in Season 2. I may even have to reshoot her first scene.​
  • The choice with Serafina will be removed, as I neglected to consider how the story might go if you lie.​
  • The Gallery will have to be fixed following the variable conversion. It's currently disabled in Season 2's Demo.​
  • SFW mode needs to be implemented so people can stream the game on popular, prudish sites like YouTube and Twitch.​
This will all happen... whenever I get to it, really. I'm more focused on getting new content out to everyone in the form of access to a good build of Season 2. Still aiming for end of August on that, but might not have a full 3 episodes. Depends on how fast I can work.

View attachment 2802715

CHANGES TO SUPPORTER BENEFITS

With a whopping 49 romanceable characters planned, we've got our work cut out for us. With that said, allowing our supporters to create custom girls is no longer a feasible reward for support. Starting this month, all Tier 5 and above supporters will be able to pick at least 1 of these monthly benefits:
  • Request a Pinup Pack​
  • Request a Character Voicemail​
  • Request a Custom Video Clip​
  • Guarantee that a chosen character gets their next Side Story scene in the next build or two, depending on release date​
Additionally, supporters at T5 and above will automatically get all DLC characters for free and their updates as long as they are subscribed. That should hopefully bring a ton of value to this tier in lieu of creating your own girl for the game.

View attachment 2802717

CHANGES TO THE SUPPORTER DEMO
  • Several bugs, including the map screen bug, have been fixed​
  • Option to start at Free Time added​
  • Along with Rukah Scene A, Nook Scene A and Mouse Scene A have been added to the demo! Mouse Scene A contains a hefty shoutout to another creator who has helped me extensively when I got stuck in the coding area. I'll be uploading the new build for Supporters soon.​
I appreciate your patience and love for this game and I'm working hard to bring you more!

-Vic​
How can one play Season 2 if you need to restart and recomplete Season 1 for the decisions etc to be able to be brought over?

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
How can one play Season 2 if you need to restart and recomplete Season 1 for the decisions etc to be able to be brought over?
I don't need to "restart and recomplete" anything. I need to change how the "_met" variables, which control access to the gallery and the character book, from persistent to standard variables to match how they're handled in Season 2. I also need to append the end of Chapter 6 so that it will lead into S1E1 and you can just load your save with the correct variables that S2 can handle. I can't have you load a save that uses "persistent.nook_met = True" when S2 is looking for "nook_met = 3." It'll error out.

Unless you just wanna skip all that and start Season 2 with a menu that asks you what choices you made in Season 1. That'd be a lot simpler to do. Which is basically how Season 2 works right now. What's your name? Did you meet the harpy? Did you kiss
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The reason I haven't worked on it is that... honestly it's wholly unnecessary. But I'm encountering a lot of complaining that people can't Mass Effect their saves over to the new game. Most don't realize just how linear Season 1 really was, and it was meant as an introduction and a place for me to learn and get my bearings before launching into the meat of the story and the additional mechanic that gives the game more GAME. There weren't a ton of choices that really DID much in the first season besides showing you extra content. So really all you need to do to play Season 2 is enter your name again and go. But hey, if loading your save gives people the illusion that the flavor choices mattered, I'm willing to do it.

jadih96207

Apr 30, 2021
There are those that like carrying over saves from Disc 1 to Disc 2 :coffee: If it's only a small set of questions just let them eat cake :WeSmart: Titties will make the grumbling stop sooner or later anyways.

• Haha
Reactions: S1nsational

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Right, that was kind of my philosophy on it. There were enough mentioning it that I thought, "What the hell, give them what they want."
In our defense, because I think I'm getting lumped in here, it's been ages since we played Season 1 so we can't really remember how linear or not it really was. All that's remembered is that we made choices, and we'd naturally want those choices carried over. And lots of VNs carry over choices between seasons etc. It's not just Mass Effect etc

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
As long as the choices weren't super convoluted I'm fine with no save carry over, my play style is always say yes to every girl, so if that's the extent that's easy enough to do at the start of season 2. But if it's like "at the party with x did you do y when z happened?". For the love of god let me port my save.

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
In our defense, because I think I'm getting lumped in here, it's been ages since we played Season 1 so we can't really remember how linear or not it really was. All that's remembered is that we made choices, and we'd naturally want those choices carried over. And lots of VNs carry over choices between seasons etc. It's not just Mass Effect etc
And that's totally understandable, which is why I have it on my list of things to do. If it brings some perceived value to the series, then yeah, I don't mind.

Reactions: cuckoo4cocoapuffs

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
My Birthday! Supporter Demo News/Results

Hey all!

First off, IT'S MY BIRFDAY TOMORROW (July 30th)!

1690668405430.png

Second, the Supporters have spoken, and I haven't heard a SINGLE negative thing about the Free Time system, which is the part I was worried about. Currently, the demo has Chapter 1, 3/4 of Chapter 2, and one Side Story scene each for Rukah, Mouse, and Nook (she's BAAAAaaaaack!). It has had 2 updates which included content and bugfixes since initial launch. This means that all this extra work I was preparing to have to do because of complaints about the Free Time system before it was ready for the public... I just won't have to do. Which means Boogle and I can just focus on writing more story and creating more game just the way it is.

The gallery is still disabled, though. I'll need a coder to help me with that.

So I have me a little idea... since it's my birfday, we've proven this game is not dead, and since there are no complaints about the Free Time system holding it back from being released to the public...

1690668441505.png

I'd greatly appreciate it if YOU could sign up to my (preferably) or my and lend your aid in supporting the game at whatever tier you can easily and comfortably afford. I'm in the process of leaving one of my security sites, which means I'll be going from 4 days a week at work to 2, and the extra income will help me tremendously and guarantee I can use those two days to work on WCA, which means more and faster content updates.

And as for what I'm gonna do...

Well. Check the Itch page in a few minutes.

That's right. I'm making the Demo public.

Thank you all so much for your love and support. Enjoy.

1690668560693.png

- Vic

Soulpuppet

Sep 10, 2020
My Birthday! Supporter Demo News/Results

Hey all!

First off, IT'S MY BIRFDAY TOMORROW (July 30th)!

View attachment 2810760

Second, the Supporters have spoken, and I haven't heard a SINGLE negative thing about the Free Time system, which is the part I was worried about. Currently, the demo has Chapter 1, 3/4 of Chapter 2, and one Side Story scene each for Rukah, Mouse, and Nook (she's BAAAAaaaaack!). It has had 2 updates which included content and bugfixes since initial launch. This means that all this extra work I was preparing to have to do because of complaints about the Free Time system before it was ready for the public... I just won't have to do. Which means Boogle and I can just focus on writing more story and creating more game just the way it is.

The gallery is still disabled, though. I'll need a coder to help me with that.

So I have me a little idea... since it's my birfday, we've proven this game is not dead, and since there are no complaints about the Free Time system holding it back from being released to the public...

View attachment 2810761

I'd greatly appreciate it if YOU could sign up to my (preferably) or my and lend your aid in supporting the game at whatever tier you can easily and comfortably afford. I'm in the process of leaving one of my security sites, which means I'll be going from 4 days a week at work to 2, and the extra income will help me tremendously and guarantee I can use those two days to work on WCA, which means more and faster content updates.

And as for what I'm gonna do...

Well. Check the Itch page in a few minutes.

That's right. I'm making the Demo public.

Thank you all so much for your love and support. Enjoy.

View attachment 2810766

- Vic
HAPPY BIRFMAS! Also excited to get my hands on Season 2 :BootyTime:

Reactions: VictorSeven

Harkonnan

Give me chiisana oppai!
Game Developer
Oct 24, 2020
Happy Birthday!!!

Now that that's out of the way. I am really glad Nook is back, but well she's, well you know...

At first I was like WTF! After thinking about it and looking at the story, it makes sense. But, still I am a bit disappointed that we get her back and she's like this.

I'm impatiently waiting for the first full season 2 release. I do like the free time system in the demo, but I guess I will have to see how it works in the actual game to see if I still like it.

Thanks for all the hard work and the great story and characters(Nook :cry:).

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
Happy Birthday!!!

Now that that's out of the way. I am really glad Nook is back, but well she's, well you know...

At first I was like WTF! After thinking about it and looking at the story, it makes sense. But, still I am a bit disappointed that we get her back and she's like this.

I'm impatiently waiting for the first full season 2 release. I do like the free time system in the demo, but I guess I will have to see how it works in the actual game to see if I still like it.

Thanks for all the hard work and the great story and characters(Nook :cry:).
Allow me to lay your fears to rest.

Regarding waiting six months... I've hired another writer. The way he can seamlessly mimic my style and get the characters' mannerisms right after only asking a few questions and playing the game is uncanny.

We've fallen into lockstep now, having found a pretty good rhythm in writing, shooting, and adding scenes to the game. The Shooting step is by far the most tedious; I would hire another Ai Shoujo user who could mimic my style and emotive angles in a heartbeat.

But for now, even just having a brainstorm buddy, let alone a whole 'nother writer, has massively sped up the content generation.

We're aiming for updates every 2 months at the very longest, and the goal is to get down to monthly updates. With another poser, heck, I could probably update every 2 weeks.

CamaroFan432

Mar 13, 2020
Allow me to lay your fears to rest.

Regarding waiting six months... I've hired another writer. The way he can seamlessly mimic my style and get the characters' mannerisms right after only asking a few questions and playing the game is uncanny.

We've fallen into lockstep now, having found a pretty good rhythm in writing, shooting, and adding scenes to the game. The Shooting step is by far the most tedious; I would hire another Ai Shoujo user who could mimic my style and emotive angles in a heartbeat.

But for now, even just having a brainstorm buddy, let alone a whole 'nother writer, has massively sped up the content generation.

We're aiming for updates every 2 months at the very longest, and the goal is to get down to monthly updates. With another poser, heck, I could probably update every 2 weeks.
From me also Happy Birthday.

Just thought about this game today, because I was wondering, if there were any infos about it. Luckily there were. That you found help, is good to hear. That is he is able to match your style is even better. Hopefully he is also able to match your vision. And I say this with the wish for you to succeed, because I like this game, because there were already cases, where the writer persuaded the dev to add or rewrite content, which then contradicted the vision of the dev and was the opposite of what the fans where expecting. In one or two cases the conflict between the new writer, the dev, the fans and the new direction of the game led even to the dev deleting all his accounts on patreon, subscribestar and itch and even deleting his work from his own pc. I hope you will never have these problems and will always be able to stay on course of what you have envisioned. As I said, someone not only matching your writing style but also your vision for your project, is definitely something of high value! I'm glad to see more coming! Can't wait for the actual S2 release. Much success for you and your writer!

Reactions: Repuci

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
From me also Happy Birthday.

Just thought about this game today, because I was wondering, if there were any infos about it. Luckily there were. That you found help, is good to hear. That is he is able to match your style is even better. Hopefully he is also able to match your vision. And I say this with the wish for you to succeed, because I like this game, because there were already cases, where the writer persuaded the dev to add or rewrite content, which then contradicted the vision of the dev and was the opposite of what the fans where expecting. In one or two cases the conflict between the new writer, the dev, the fans and the new direction of the game led even to the dev deleting all his accounts on patreon, subscribestar and itch and even deleting his work from his own pc. I hope you will never have these problems and will always be able to stay on course of what you have envisioned. As I said, someone not only matching your writing style but also your vision for your project, is definitely something of high value! I'm glad to see more coming! Can't wait for the actual S2 release. Much success for you and your writer!
Thankfully I made it clear that I am the game director and that nothing gets by me without my approval. I have a very Kneel Or Die approach to this. If I don't like the way a line is written, I change it. A scene doesn't get written until I've given the OK. I put my touches on every single scene that's written, and for now, I'm the only one shooting and posing these scenes, so at times I make edits and adjustments during the shooting process. This is still very much MY game, and he's agreed to that. He's just happy to lend his ideas and skill so the community can have more WCA, faster.

What happened to the other dev sounds awful. Thankfully, the new writer doesn't have an ego problem, and we get along just fine. He's happy to write things as I direct them and he makes for a wonderful brainstorm buddy.

CamaroFan432

Mar 13, 2020
Thankfully I made it clear that I am the game director and that nothing gets by me without my approval. I have a very Kneel Or Die approach to this. If I don't like the way a line is written, I change it. A scene doesn't get written until I've given the OK. I put my touches on every single scene that's written, and for now, I'm the only one shooting and posing these scenes, so at times I make edits and adjustments during the shooting process. This is still very much MY game, and he's agreed to that. He's just happy to lend his ideas and skill so the community can have more WCA, faster.

What happened to the other dev sounds awful. Thankfully, the new writer doesn't have an ego problem, and we get along just fine. He's happy to write things as I direct them and he makes for a wonderful brainstorm buddy.
Really happy to hear that. As I said I wish you both much success and I'm eagerly waiting for more updates. As for now, I did what was possible for me to support you, and that was spreading the word to some people I have some regular contact to and who may like your game, too. Hopefully there are some of them willing to support you, too.

Reactions: VictorSeven
4.50 star(s) 32 Votes