VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
[PROGRESS REPORT] Nitty Gritty Behind the Scenes Stuff

Hello, all!

Alright, so I had this devlog written on my laptop all nice and neat like, and I forgot to PUBLISH the damn thing. So here we go again.

First, life stuff. Remember how my landlords are selling this place out from under me and moving to England? Well, I got together with my sis, her spouse, and two good friends of ours, and we all went in on a 6 bedroom house for rent. And we GOT IT. So most of May has been focused on moving all my stuff over there, slowly but surely. The one issue is there's no internet over there right now. We're workin' on that.

Second. WCA Season 1 stuff. I may have mentioned before, but my last update to Season 1 won't add any new content. I'm planning a SFW mode that allows you to skip the H-Scenes and nudity so you can play it on Twitch and YouTube without violating TOS. I'm hoping this will get the game more exposure.

Third, WCA Season 2 stuff. The majority of the work lately has been nitty gritty under the hood stuff. I now have the new title screen working and the entire first episode is playable. Episode 2 is being planned and written as we speak, in between my shifts at work and having to move my stuff to the new place.

Lastly, I've been trying out a bunch of writers who want to help with the story, and I've finally chosen one. As he's working as a contractor right now, I won't reveal his username, but suffice it to say he picks up on my writing style and each character's dialogue style and attitude extremely quickly, and the differences in our writing styles is minimal. VERY good fit for this project. If ever he opts to learn scene posing and shooting, he may become an official part of the team, and y'all will get to meet him. For now, he has helped out with a lot of the girls' side stories, which I hope you enjoy.

That's all! All in all, things have been busy, but good. Progress is slow but steady. I'm still hoping to have a 2 Episode demo for Patrons/Supporters sometime in June, and a 3 Episode Release sometime after I've had a chance to apply that feedback.

S2title.png

Until then!

-Vic

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
Someone on Itch.io mentioned that a user called "will747" here on F95 had figured how to make archive files work on Android devices. Does anyone have any knowledge of this person or this process? I need a way for Android and other mobile users to add DLC content to their installed WCA Season 2 game, and I believe this might hold the answer. Sadly a user of this exact name doesn't seem to exist on F95. I tried messaging and no dice.

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
Someone on Itch.io mentioned that a user called "will747" here on F95 had figured how to make archive files work on Android devices. Does anyone have any knowledge of this person or this process? I need a way for Android and other mobile users to add DLC content to their installed WCA Season 2 game, and I believe this might hold the answer. Sadly a user of this exact name doesn't seem to exist on F95. I tried messaging and no dice.
I know some of the android ports I play have a wills747 flash at the start. Lemme see if I can find one real fast and at least narrow down which modder in which thread I got it from.

Here ya go.
He's done some ports in My New Family. Wills747 is the username.

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019

If you only you believed like I believe, baby

We'd get by

If only you believed in miracles, baby

So would I

Hello, all! VERY exciting news!

The biggest barrier to progress has been squashed. Nearly all of the game's back-end systems are working perfectly now. Both the Free Time segments and the drop-in DLC systems are working flawlessly. I had to sacrifice the gallery for it, though, but for now I'm okay with that.

This means all we have to do is work on story. Story, story, story.

1685955126160.png

Now, I know that Side Story Tasks number is daunting, but these aren't NECESSARY to the game. The side stories are the intimate content and personal interactions you'll have with each character. Now, we ARE hoping that the Side Stories will make up the bulk of the time spent in-game, which is why we're doing so much work on them. But we also realize that the main story is the vehicle on which the desire to play these Side Stories is delivered, so we don't intend to skimp on them. As such, we're really only focusing on the Side Stories for the Core Characters right now. We're leaving the DLC characters for later. Now, I know a lot of the DLC characters are super interesting and people can't wait to get their hands on them, but milking the project for money is not really our priority right now lol. We mainly just want to go as ham as we can on the content that everyone gets to play and deliver a great first impression upon release of the first build of Season 2.

As such, the list of what we call Core characters, the characters whose Side Story content is available for anyone and part of the base game, are as follows:
  • Aoibheann​
  • Barirmouserd (Mouse)​
  • Blossom​
  • Cecilia​
  • Ms. Clements​
  • Chiara​
  • Druthari​
  • Ember​
  • Eshtel​
  • Galka​
  • Gillie​
  • Jade​
  • Kanako​
  • Lirum​
  • Nook​
  • River​
  • Rukah​
  • Saarya​
  • Serafina​
  • Princess Tilai​
  • Wither​
So basically, all of the characters that were a significant part of the Season 1 playthrough. I'll be doing polls on SubscribeStar and Patreon to get feedback on which of these Side Stories our supporters would like to see prioritized, though I already know what one answer will be. Good lord, she's popular.

That's all for now, lovely peeps! Season 2 Episode 2 is about 50% finished, though I may still add some more Main Story content onto it, as the Episodes feel a tad short at the moment. For now, hang in there, and thank you so much to all of the Supporters who never lost faith and never unsubscribed from the SubscribeStar/Patreon, trusting us and believing in us to deliver on this game you love. Y'all are the real MVPs.

1685955137224.png

Until next time!

-Vic

P.S. Uploaders, my SubscribeStar link isn't on the main thread! Can you update it?

PPLayer

May 18, 2018
It's been a while ... I was tired of waiting for a new update, so I played the game again from the start ... now it's even harder to wait for the (hopefully) soon coming "story progression" and those awesome & unique characters in it ;)
VictorSeven ... Thank you for keeping us updated with your progression ... very much appreciated (y) :cool:

Reactions: FenrisGray

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
It's been a while ... I was tired of waiting for a new update, so I played the game again from the start ... now it's even harder to wait for the (hopefully) soon coming "story progression" and those awesome & unique characters in it ;)
VictorSeven ... Thank you for keeping us updated with your progression ... very much appreciated (y) :cool:
You have no idea how grateful I am for your continued patience. I am releasing a demo for Supporters with the new systems and sans the Gallery for Supporter feedback tomorrow night at the latest, assuming I'm able to get the pics converted using Wills747's new conversion system, which I am unfamiliar with and may struggle with. If I can't wrap my head around it, I may delay a day. But huge progress has been made and the new systems have been set in place finally after much struggle and turmoil lol.

While collecting feedback from the Supporters over the course of July and making adjustments, we'll also be working on finishing Season 2's Episode 2 and Episode 3 and finishing several girls' initial stretch of Side Story scenes so you have plenty to do during Free Time.

It's taken a lot of time to wrap my head around planning this and directing how all of this whole Season 2 project will go. I don't wanna sound like Blizzard with its horrific idea of an Overwatch sequel in Overwatch 2, but Season 2 is built a bit differently, enough that I felt it should be a separate game and download. I'd like to keep it in the same F95Zone thread, though, to avoid confusion.

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
Supporter Demo is Out!

Quick Links:

FINALLY! Your patience has paid off.

It's been one hell of a ride getting all these systems to cooperate with each other. And the more fixes I made, the more I began to understand the coding, and the better I got at smoothing things out. There were a LOT of trips to the LemmaSoft forums and the Ren'Py Discord, as well as requests for help from fellow devs and people from Itch, F95Zone, and even my Twitch community that this could not have happened without. Thank you all. So very fucking much. You have no idea how integral your help was in pushing this game through its hardest drought yet.

1688115524417.png

What you need to know:

What's out right now is the Supporter Only Demo. This features Season 2 Episode 1, half of Season 2 Episode 2, and 1 Free Time segment with 1 Side Story scene selectable. This build is largely for testing purposes, and getting feedback on how well people feel the Free Time mechanic meshes with the pace of the story. This is a SMALL chunk of the content that's been written, and we put our efforts into polishing and refining this so it felt complete. We have a LOT more scenes written, particularly in the Side Stories, but they need to be shot, scored, and bugtested. Putting this demo out gives Supporters the direct continuation of the story and gives us time to shoot these side scenes.

1688115542936.png

WHEN WILL IT GO PUBLIC?

That depends. How much more tech dick will I have to fight through?

Supporter Release Schedule:

T5 Supporters and up: 6/30/23 (right now)

T4 Supporters: 7/7/23

T3 Supporters: 7/14/23

T2 Supporters: 7/21/23

T1Supporters: 7/28/23

Public (Free): Undetermined, aiming for 8/31/23 dependent on complications

1688115557849.png

As always, I'll be monitoring the Discord for feedback, as that is where I'm directing everyone now. As useful as the Google Forms have been, I've been griped at more than a few times for DARING to open a browser window on people's computers. So I'll now be taking most of the feed back in the appropriate Discord channels.

You'll be hearing more from me soon!

-Vic

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
Can i have theme song when we second time meet jade pls , it really good song
Second time you meet Jade? I'm not quite sure what you mean by that.

I've used the "School" theme for her a couple of times, which is this track:

And then I used this one for the one in which you chuck her over your shoulder:

If it's neither of these, I need more information about the scene and what's happening when the song plays.

Beerpro18

Jan 30, 2020
Second time you meet Jade? I'm not quite sure what you mean by that.

I've used the "School" theme for her a couple of times, which is this track:

And then I used this one for the one in which you chuck her over your shoulder:

If it's neither of these, I need more information about the scene and what's happening when the song plays.
Yes this is the song i was looking for it thank you so much

Reactions: VictorSeven
4.50 star(s) 32 Votes