silversurfer1

Oct 9, 2019
Hopefully none of the scenes here end in a dusty finish.

Seriously, a good wrestling themed game is kind of a dream for me, so best of luck!

• Haha
Reactions: Beerus

MisterNephilim

Jan 1, 2019
Very heartfelt and I like Abigail a lot.

I have to ask since this feels very "kinetic-novely" at least for now, is this a kinetic novel ?

• Red Heart

IDontGetWomen

Sep 9, 2021
If we don't end up having the choice of being able to either beat the shit and / or shoot the dad, then this game is a failure.

• Haha

sinkind

Oct 29, 2019
I honestly thought about doing Ren'Py at the beginning, but ultimately decided not to, due to the fact that I didn't think players would appreciate so much text in a Ren'Py game. Figured an actual text-based engine was more fitting.
Imo if you'd compare them you'd saw that it's quite the opposite.
HTML is text based, sure, but it allows you to structure playable world a bit more easily. You can have a map that you can travel however you want, you can fill it with places and people you can interact with anytime you want, you can have night\day established, you can have recourses and stats, etc. Basically its closer to rpgm sandbox, but you ditchjrpg visuals for text description.

Now what you have in a game (pardon me, i haven't played this version to the end for the reasons you'll see further):

-name a character. Name family members.
-scroll down through several walls of text that will introduce the family an setting to you, pressing "continue" every time.
-scroll down through several walls of text with family members.
-dialogue with mother! Scroll down through your dialogue variants.
-scroll down through several walls of text with exposition.
-dialogue with sister! Scroll down through your dialogue variants.
-scroll down through several walls of text with exposition. - an here i gave up :(

No choices, no free will, all i saw was either dialogues or exposition that player must scroll through every time and press "continue" on every page. You aren't using any features of an engine you're using, so why use it i there's easier ways for experience your game available?
If you are planning add all those mentioned features in the future...how many players will actually get to them? I'm not an impatient person and I like the mentioned tags, but sitting through the first part was such a shore to deal with that I quit (one can only so much time that can be spent on adult games and the competition nowadays is great).

Now compare it to renpy engine.
-if you want to have wall of exposition text you can make it appear full screen.
-if you are having dialogue it will appear in dialogue textbox, with sprite portrait of speaking person.
-no scrolling needed, player can just click. And he can even decide that he's too lazy for that and enable auto-forward function.
-music, saved games, gallery, text settings -everything is already there and easy to use.
-and if you want some free roaming in the future like map, stats and recourses are also can be utilized.

So I really can't see why you decided to go with html based on what i've saw in the game. If you'll get enough feedback like mine from the players maybe you'll consider to switch before it's too late in development. In any case best of luck mate, making games is a hard thing to do, especially on your own.

Beerus

Game Developer
Apr 27, 2019
Very heartfelt and I like Abigail a lot.

I have to ask since this feels very "kinetic-novely" at least for now, is this a kinetic novel ?
I'll just speak honestly on the KN topic: it definitely leans more towards KN than it doesn't and that likely wont change all that much. I have a specific story and path in mind for this game, and to tell the story I'd like to tell, certain things would need to be constant. With that in mind, I'm very conscious of this fact and will try to give as many choices as I possibly can fit that doesn't get thrown over the top rope and stays in the ring with the story I'm going for.

For example, in the next update, I intend to let Players choose from 1 of 4 different wrestling archetypes they'd like to play as. This choice will obviously impact your moveset, finisher, etc. Is it an impactful, "divergent story path branch" choice? Not exactly, but I'll try to do what I can so it isn't "100% railroad."

honeryx

Jun 16, 2019
I honestly thought about doing Ren'Py at the beginning, but ultimately decided not to, due to the fact that I didn't think players would appreciate so much text in a Ren'Py game. Figured an actual text-based engine was more fitting.
You thought html, which is designed for short advancing text and usually sandbox, made more sense for a written story than a visual NOVEL format? I can only assume you haven't actually played VNs outside of the AVNs on this site. Most VNs are extremely text heavy, with still images that generally don't change, and audio. They are essentially novels with a few pictures and with music, usually VA for anything outside of a small studio/solo dev.

I strongly urge you to reconsider and switch to Ren'py while it's still early. I'm somewhere in chapter 2 and I assure you, your ideas and goals, from what I gather, align perfectly with this medium. And not a junky html game, which is far beneath this story and your abilities.

MisterNephilim

Jan 1, 2019
For example, in the next update, I intend to let Players choose from 1 of 4 different wrestling archetypes they'd like to play as. This choice will obviously impact your moveset, finisher, etc. Is it an impactful, "divergent story path branch" choice? Not exactly, but I'll try to do what I can so it isn't "100% railroad."
Then it's not technically a KN, since there is some form of player input.

Beerus

Game Developer
Apr 27, 2019
You thought html, which is designed for short advancing text and usually sandbox, made more sense for a written story than a visual NOVEL format? I can only assume you haven't actually played VNs outside of the AVNs on this site. Most VNs are extremely text heavy, with still images that generally don't change, and audio. They are essentially novels with a few pictures and with music, usually VA for anything outside of a small studio/solo dev.

I strongly urge you to reconsider and switch to Ren'py while it's still early. I'm somewhere in chapter 2 and I assure you, your ideas and goals, from what I gather, align perfectly with this medium. And not a junky html game, which is far beneath this story and your abilities.
I thought that a text-based engine would make more sense for a text-based game, yes. There are several passages/pages in this game that don't have a single render or even dialogue attached to it. I'm not sure how those kinds of scenes would go over well in Ren'Py. One static image (the location) and then 100 dialogue boxes (to get all the text for that location) in a row? Or do some kind of full screen text in Ren'Py? It's honestly hard for me to gauge whether or not that would be a good idea, but my gut says "Probably not." The engine topic is something to consider, for sure.

Another issue that weighs heavily on me is that I'd also have to learn a brand new engine again (I learned Twine specifically for Wrestling Dynasty), and while there are surely some things that would translate across from the little I've seen, I know next to nothing about how to develop in Ren'Py. Not that I "couldn't do it," but this process would certainly take up significant time and resources. Then what would I do about Update 1 here? Remake it in Ren'Py? Tough decisions for a new dev.

Regardless, I greatly appreciate your feedback and kind words, they are priceless to a new solo dev. I hope you were still able to enjoy the game despite it not being in your preferred engine.

camube

Jun 4, 2022
can i ask one question, since you say the game is a slow burn, do you have plan to write how some or each of the female characters will come to term to being a part of a poly / open relationships in a way that make sense?

cuz most harem game either never discuss it, as if being harem is a given and okay for them. Or just gloss over it with some short sentences. While in the real world, not everyone is into poly and open.

And since Wrestling Dynasty is set in the real world, i'm wondering whether you have a plan for that will your game be a simple, near-mindless escapism like most of other harem games?

camube

Jun 4, 2022
also, if i may offer a feedback, f95zone has white texts on gray background, which is far easier to read compared to white texts on black background

white texts on pitch black background is harsh to read for some people

Beerus

Game Developer
Apr 27, 2019
can i ask one question, since you say the game is a slow burn, do you have plan to write how some or each of the female characters will come to term to being a part of a poly / open relationships in a way that make sense?

cuz most harem game either never discuss it, as if being harem is a given and okay for them. Or just gloss over it with some short sentences. While in the real world, not everyone is into poly and open.

And since Wrestling Dynasty is set in the real world, i'm wondering whether you have a plan for that will your game be a simple, near-mindless escapism like most of other harem games?
I do have a relative idea of how to handle such things. There's already interactions in this update that I don't typically see from other games (Abigail certainly has a rising jealous/possessive side to her, as evident during the VWA show, for example...) I'm not so bold as to say "It will all make perfect and realistic sense", but I do have an idea of how to handle it in the future. I think there are a few moments in the game that are, in my mind, "realistic enough for a haremcest game to be discussed by the characters." I could post examples of why I think this from the game, but that would be a bit spoiler-y. It will not be a thing of what is essentially Jedi mind tricking every LI into immediately being okay with the harem with no opinion of their own.

The game is obviously meant for escapism but I'm already doing a lot of things different from what I've seen and hopefully this topic will be similar.

also, if i may offer a feedback, f95zone has white texts on gray background, which is far easier to read compared to white texts on black background

white texts on pitch black background is harsh to read for some people
The background in Wrestling Dynasty is a dark shade of grey (aka not black/#000000), but I'll keep this in mind going forward. Changing the background color means I would need to re-render all portraits because I specifically made them the same color so it looks seamless (as compared to the Melissa gif shown in the previews where it's actually a black background, that was a mistake on my part).

Hercule_Poirot

Aug 22, 2016
My only problem with the game is that searching for secret renders by looking for things like blue punctuation and stuff like that takes a huge toll on the eyes...so after the first one I found I just stopped giving a fuck and continued without looking for them.

PS: If at some point a character gets the bad habit of cockblocking you so often, you should get the the choice to kick them out of the harem.

Last edited:

Beerus

Game Developer
Apr 27, 2019
My only problem with the game is that searching for secret renders by looking for things like blue punctuation and stuff like that takes a huge toll on the eyes...so after the first one I found I just stopped giving a fuck and continued without looking for them.
Might I introduce you to the , which includes guides for all secret renders throughout each of the 3 chapters?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
"Futa/trans, lesbian, multiple penetration, group sex, corruption"

Somehow.... I doubt there will be no sharing/swinging... since well, at least one of those tags is a contradiction on it's own (lesbian... duh), while the others together are red flags suggesting otherwise.

4.50 star(s) 2 Votes