paperrock

Sep 8, 2019
Use the save games in the "Extra" folder provided with the archive. It also has some explanation on how to use them.

Has anybody figured out what "Normal", "Easy" and "Hard" refer to in the scenario selection? Those seem to indicate the way to enter each of the branches but what do they mean in the game? Fir the first scene with the guy the selection shows two possible ways but you only get a single objective.

Also, what do the numbers mean that show up when you hover over the interaction choices at the bottom?
Easy, Normal, and Hard describe the separate objectives you can accomplish during a scene. Note that Rinka's first PLAY scene has three objectives, and that is what determines the split between Easy and Hard on Shunto's conversation.
Important: Some objectives are reached without the level automatically ending. The game will play a sound and highlight the Rest button. You need to press the "Rest" button to accomplish that objective. I've seen objectives being cut off by the GUI making it hard to figure out what is needed.

The numbers for each "position" describe how effective that position is between the two characters. Even though a scene starts with a default position, it may not be the most effective to reach an objective. You might need to change position depending whether you're targeting pleasure or mind.

The other obvious bug in the game is on the resistance radar; "First" is engrish for "Fast".

Last edited:
Reactions: Bongooner

Bongooner

Dec 12, 2018
Important: Some objectives are reached without the level automatically ending. The game will play a sound and highlight the Rest button. You need to press the "Rest" button to accomplish that objective. I've seen objectives being cut off by the GUI making it hard to figure out what is needed.
Thanks. I missed the part where you have to end the scene yourself using "Rest".

The numbers for each "position" describe how effective that position is between the two characters.
"Pleasure" and "Mind" are pretty obvious. "Weak" points to which Resistance will be weak. But what do "Resistence ↑", "Resistance ↓" and "Edging" mean?

Reactions: paperrock

paperrock

Sep 8, 2019
"Pleasure" and "Mind" are pretty obvious. "Weak" points to which Resistance will be weak. But what do "Resistence ↑", "Resistance ↓" and "Edging" mean?
I can only provide a guess. I think resistance up/down refers to the direction of mouse movement. No idea how the edging value is used.

That said, there is a file in the StreamingAssets directory "_playInformation.txt", which happens to have corresponding values for these. So you could modify those numbers to see what happens (I haven't yet).
//File translation:
//parameters for each play
// Play name ( kijyoui = Cowgirl, seijyoui = Missionary, back = Doggy, cunni = cunnilingus, finger = fingering
// denma = Wand, tekoki = Handjob, fellatio = fellatio, vib = vibrator, free = ??)
// Pleasure
// Mental
// Increased Resistance
// Decreased Resistance
// Edging
// Where is weakness
// long,short,slow,first

The other .txt files in this directory are also interesting. "_storyInformation.txt" looks to control which characters are in which scenario scene. There's a character A and B, and a male/female attribute (see below). Then there are the _characterInformation files, which control what character combinations are available in Free Play.
//characterInformation File translation:
//Name of character (displayed)
//name of model file (no extension),
//name of audio file (no extension)
//Note: Model files and audio files must have english names
//Thumbnail image, format is jpg. Recommended resolution ratio is 2:3:1 Stretching storage recommended
//Male Parts: 0 penis when needed; 1 always show a penis; 2 penis when needed; 3 always show penis and ballsack
//Visible Female Orgasm: 0:No 1 Yes

I guess the game creator didn't want miming, otherwise 0 for male parts should be none. Oh well.
But you can castrate the guy and give him a female voice, so there's that.

paperrock

Sep 8, 2019
I've succeeded in adding new characters to the game! Since I wasted so much time at this, hopefully my pain can help someone else.
Writhing Play can animate any "Miku Miku Dance" character model in the .mmd or .pmx format

Software needed:
Unity version 5.5.6 (you can get it from the official Unity site).
MMD4Mecanim_Beta (from stereoarts.jp; Unity mod to import MMD/PMX files)
wpmodTools_170625.unitypackage (included with Writhing Play)
PmxEditor version 0.2.5.4 (Optional, for modifying character models)

Setup:
1. Install Unity. Just the base program is required.
2. Extract MMD4Mecanim_Beta to any directory.
3. Find the wpmodTools_170625.unitypackage in the game directory and note its location.
4. Run Unity. Create a new project. REMEMBER DIRECTORY. Default 3d.
5. Select Menu "Assets -> Import Package -> Custom Package". Select the wpmodTools from above and open, then import. Success will give you a "Writhing" menu at the top of Unity. The pulldown is in Japanese, but don't panic....
6. Again, Select Menu "Assets -> Import Package -> Custom Package". Select MMD4Mecanim.unitPackage from above and open, then import.

Character Model conversion
1. Go to your project directory. Go into the "Assets" directory. Create a subdirectory for your new character and copy your character files here.
2. Run Unity (if not already started). It will see the files and update.
3. Bottom Left Unity window, select your character directory under Assets. Select the character model file. The correct file has the Unity icon (3d box).
4. Once selected, MMD4Mecanim will show the readme and 3 checkboxes on the right side window. Check the three boxes and agree.
5. Same window now changes to show PMX/PMD file, VMD, and FBX Path, and a Process button. Press Process to import with MMD4Mecanim.
6. Once done, you should see a new Asset icon showing your 3d character (.fbx file). Drag it onto the scene in the middle window.
7. In the left window, the character should already be selected (highlighted).
8. In the right window, find "Transform". Change "Position" X, Y, and Z values to 0. You'll see the character moved in the center window.
9. Select Menu "Writhing -> <Last Option>". This is "Automatic Model Settings". You should see items added on the right window.
10. Select Menu "Writhing -> <Second Last Option>". This is export. The options here are to create the character file described in my previous post.
11. Edit the Character Name, model file name, voice file, male and female bits. All of this can also be edited later in the _characterInformation file.
12. Press the bottom button on the dialog to export. When finished, it will pop up the "Robi\Output" directory.
13. There should be a _characterInformation.txt file and a model_name_normal file.
14. This is it, copy those two files into the writhing play data "StreamingAssets" directory (VR and/or normal).
15. Run the game; choose freeplay mode. New character should be selectable.

Notes:
Don't save the unity project. You can reuse the same project for all the models you download.
If you create a new project, you'll have to import the packages again.
I haven't tried making voice files. It doesn't look difficult, but it would be tedious. So I just recycle the existing voices with new models.
Setting the Transform position to 0,0,0 is really important. Unless you want a character model 'glob' in the game.
Many wrong software versions were tried. Don't make my mistake. Don't attempt to use the software program "Blender".
I used PmxEditor to delete parts of character models that didn't work well in game. Describing this would require a separate post.

Last edited:

shinonen

Dec 13, 2016
I've succeeded in adding new characters to the game! Since I wasted so much time at this, hopefully my pain can help someone else.
Writhing Play can animate any "Miku Miku Dance" character model in the .mmd or .pmx format

Software needed:
Unity version 5.5.6 (you can get it from the official Unity site).
MMD4Mecanim_Beta (from stereoarts.jp; Unity mod to import MMD/PMX files)
wpmodTools_170625.unitypackage (included with Writhing Play)
PmxEditor version 0.2.5.4 (Optional, for modifying character models)

Setup:
1. Install Unity. Just the base program is required.
2. Extract MMD4Mecanim_Beta to any directory.
3. Find the wpmodTools_170625.unitypackage in the game directory and note its location.
4. Run Unity. Create a new project. REMEMBER DIRECTORY. Default 3d.
5. Select Menu "Assets -> Import Package -> Custom Package". Select the wpmodTools from above and open, then import. Success will give you a "Writhing" menu at the top of Unity. The pulldown is in Japanese, but don't panic....
6. Again, Select Menu "Assets -> Import Package -> Custom Package". Select MMD4Mecanim.unitPackage from above and open, then import.

Character Model conversion
1. Go to your project directory. Go into the "Assets" directory. Create a subdirectory for your new character and copy your character files here.
2. Run Unity (if not already started). It will see the files and update.
3. Bottom Left Unity window, select your character directory under Assets. Select the character model file. The correct file has the Unity icon (3d box).
4. Once selected, MMD4Mecanim will show the readme and 3 checkboxes on the right side window. Check the three boxes and agree.
5. Same window now changes to show PMX/PMD file, VMD, and FBX Path, and a Process button. Press Process to import with MMD4Mecanim.
6. Once done, you should see a new Asset icon showing your 3d character (.fbx file). Drag it onto the scene in the middle window.
7. In the left window, the character should already be selected (highlighted).
8. In the right window, find "Transform". Change "Position" X, Y, and Z values to 0. You'll see the character moved in the center window.
9. Select Menu "Writhing -> <Last Option>". This is "Automatic Model Settings". You should see items added on the right window.
10. Select Menu "Writhing -> <Second Last Option>". This is export. The options here are to create the character file described in my previous post.
11. Edit the Character Name, model file name, voice file, male and female bits. All of this can also be edited later in the _characterInformation file.
12. Press the bottom button on the dialog to export. When finished, it will pop up the "Robi\Output" directory.
13. There should be a _characterInformation.txt file and a model_name_normal file.
14. This is it, copy those two files into the writhing play data "StreamingAssets" directory (VR and/or normal).
15. Run the game; choose freeplay mode. New character should be selectable.

Notes:
Don't save the unity project. You can reuse the same project for all the models you download.
If you create a new project, you'll have to import the packages again.
I haven't tried making voice files. It doesn't look difficult, but it would be tedious. So I just recycle the existing voices with new models.
Setting the Transform position to 0,0,0 is really important. Unless you want a character model 'glob' in the game.
Many wrong software versions were tried. Don't make my mistake. Don't attempt to use the software program "Blender".
I used PmxEditor to delete parts of character models that didn't work well in game. Describing this would require a separate post.
This is epic. Would you be so kind as to post a few of your conversions? sadly the original mod link died so it would be really cool to have a few extra models to start with.

paperrock

Sep 8, 2019
This is epic. Would you be so kind as to post a few of your conversions? sadly the original mod link died so it would be really cool to have a few extra models to start with.
I'm including more than a dozen characters and an experimental voice file. Drop the files into the StreamingAssets folder under writhingplay_Data and/or writhingplayVR_Data. Let me know what you think; sooner or later I'll make a new thread to give this tutorial and mod more visibility.

Placebo00

Jan 3, 2019
I'm including more than a dozen characters and an experimental voice file. Drop the files into the StreamingAssets folder under writhingplay_Data and/or writhingplayVR_Data. Let me know what you think; sooner or later I'll make a new thread to give this tutorial and mod more visibility.

Now now, is there a new futa character? :3

paperrock

Sep 8, 2019
Now now, is there a new futa character? :3
LOL. No, I didn't force any of the females to be one. But every female is futa if the sex act requires it; the game will always add a dick to the active character in doggy, for instance.
Of course, you can make more futas since default endowment is controlled by text file. Or you can turn Rinka into a normal girl. See my Sept 13th post.

Reactions: shinonen

paperrock

Sep 8, 2019
Where the 3D models and how I can extract them?
Download from either of these links. (Yourfilestore looks more likely to work)

The file is standard zip, windows can open it. Copy all the files into the "StreamingAssets" folder under writhingplay_Data and/or writhingplayVR_Data.

Placebo00

Jan 3, 2019
This broke my heart, lol. Here you go, all new futas. Install above mod file first, then copy this txt file over the existing one in streamingAssets. Don't blame me if the clothing gets in the way....
I love you :3

shinonen

Dec 13, 2016

That's amazing, I can't wait to check it out! I just had emergency gallbladder surgery but as soon as I think I can safely jerk off in VR without tearing open stitches, I'm all over this like a fat kid on cake :love: thanks man!

Reactions: paperrock

shinonen

Dec 13, 2016
paperrock I finally got a chance to check this out and while your work getting extra characters in is outstanding, I found I just really didn't enjoy the game they were attached to. :ROFLMAO: Very passive and even when switching to a first person view, it tended to bounce me out of it quickly and it just didn't work very well.

The only criticism I can send your way, assuming this was one of yours, was that Hatsune Miku's hair goes completely apeshit in most of the positions, otherwise the extra models were awesome and very well implemented! I just wish they were part of a better game :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

paperrock

Sep 8, 2019
Yeah, the 'scenario' part of the game is passable, but the 'freeplay' mode where you can easily add the characters has no challenge. The default camera angles aren't great either, usually I just manually move it around.
Actually, a bunch of the characters models have various flaws. Boots that don't stay on (or even missing feet), incomplete bodies, and hair that doesn't act like it should. I didn't go out of my way to fix most of the models simply because of the effort involved. Thanks for looking at it though. Now to work on adding an English voice....

Reactions: shinonen

lednaruto

May 27, 2017
me have succefull add a model to writhing play , how to fix this ? all two character me upload to game are completed white no texture , to Waifu Sex Simulator 3.4 work perfect , to writhing-play are white , how to fix?

lednaruto

May 27, 2017
me have succefull add a model to writhing play , how to fix this ? all two character me upload to game are completed white no texture , to Waifu Sex Simulator 3.4 work perfect , to writhing-play are white , how to fix?

is there really no one who can help me?

3.50 star(s) 2 Votes