Lysergic

Aug 18, 2018
This is definitely my favorite story of anything I've found on this site but at the same time knowing that Azel will never be involved with the MC is probably the biggest disappointment in any VN I've found.

Trikus

May 31, 2020
Was the whole pregnancy sub-plot forgotten about?
Did you miss the conversation with Willow concerning MC and Jamie getting pregnant? Also, it is only been 5 days because they didn't have sex for the first time until day 3 of the game.

Reactions: ZTex

Trikus

May 31, 2020
What? That's not happening anymore. When it was just him creeping around and spying he could come back from that, but after he gets involved in assault, kidnapping and murder no way. Him, Ryker and Kenji will 100% be off the team, no way our guy ever agrees to set foot in a court with them again.
Even if MC wanted to give him another chance, there is no way in hell that Harper will keep him on the team after that. They are going to be lucky to even stay at WVM after that one.

Reactions: hgooob2000

BTLD

Engaged Member
Sep 18, 2017
What? That's not happening anymore. When it was just him creeping around and spying he could come back from that, but after he gets involved in assault, kidnapping and murder no way. Him, Ryker and Kenji will 100% be off the team, no way our guy ever agrees to set foot in a court with them again.
110% AGREE. hopefully BD will agree with us or hopefully we agree with him anyhow don;'t want this to be changed....and i hope this will happen...fuck Damien...fuck him oh and lets not forget about fuck face Kenjicuntboy fuck him too..fuck both of them...with ofc leading Rykerfuckface...fuck all 3 of 'em
PS i enjoy the story alot :)

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
What murder ?
No one died during that fight. Kidnapping and Assault sure. Let's also not forget that he's being blackmailed to high heaven and is doing everything he can for his mom's medical treatment.

Also, it's like you all are missing the part where he told you to get out of dodge. He wasn't working against you, never raised an arm against you. It's well within reason that he's able to be redeemed.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
What murder ?
No one died during that fight. Kidnapping and Assault sure. Let's also not forget that he's being blackmailed to high heaven and is doing everything he can for his mom's medical treatment.

Also, it's like you all are missing the part where he told you to get out of dodge. He wasn't working against you, never raised an arm against you. It's well within reason that he's able to be redeemed.
Some people will agree with you, others will not. For those who do not Brain will have his work cut out for him to make them accept Damien in rest of game as a bro and will be likely happier if they can kick Damien out of the game anyway and will not be forced to snuggle up with him.

That is a consequence of story lines like these, they do make people feel strongly and those feelings are not per se positive for the direction a dev wants to take a game or chars and some people will leave a game over them while others will join it for same reason. You cannot make everyone happy, just accept that their feelings are as valid as yours and that you are just lucky if the dev agrees with your feelings when it comes to where to take the game. :)

Reactions: Dripping

Jack Dangers

Aug 3, 2017
Okay...here goes:

I went back and forth about whether I wanted to write this or not. Braindrop has been through a lot, so a large part of me wanted to be silent. However, my “day job” is writing professionally. As such, I realize how important constructive feedback is. So, here’s mine....

(scroll right by this if you don’t want to read criticisms of the story — you won’t like what you’re about to read)

This was, by a fair margin, my least favorite update. To be blunt, it’s changed my feelings about the story quite a bit — and not in a good way. To be fair, the e-game genre isn’t known for its realistic plot lines. This is mostly because you’re dealing with “wish fulfillment” scenarios better suited for Penthouse Letters than actual literature. In this, WVM is no exception. Still, BD has made the story enjoyable because (in my opinion) the characters in the game are incredibly charming, distinctive, and memorable.

In this release, however, I felt like a lot of the characters were presented as caricatures of themselves. The scene at the house, to begin the chapter, is a good example of this. The interminable hugging was, frankly, too much. The scene went from sweet to saccharine to awkward very quickly. Likewise, Willow’s character was originally very interesting. Now, she’s a two-dimensional prop whose main function it is to provide framework for nicknames (that have been belabored already).

This isn’t even the worst part of the update. That distinction goes to the storytelling, I’m afraid, which was formerly one of BD’s strong suits. To begin with, the Tali flashback was...stretching credulity. But the way that the fight scene unfolded was absolutely ridiculous. I could go into the way that MC acted during the fight, what was and was not occurring around him with respect to his teammates and other individuals at the bowling alley, and his mother’s sudden, ham-fisted appearance...but this is already getting way harsher in tone than I wanted it to be. Suffice it to say that not only did I dislike this update...it’s made me question the game in its entirety.

There were bright points! Zoe was (as usual) excellent. Stacy was excellent (and a nice job of the subtle storytelling that I appreciate, too) in her brief appearance. I liked getting to find out that Eden has more of a role to play in the story than I expected, too. But for every bit like that, there were two or three bits that were cringe-worthy (and this isn’t even getting into the distracting stuff like the name tagging problems).

I know this chapter was difficult for BD to write. I give him major credit for pushing through what sounds like a horrific time in his life. Still, he has always seemed to value our honest, unfiltered opinions on his game. That means celebrating him when he’s excellent (as he usually is), but being critical when he’s not.

So, though it pains me to say: In my opinion, this last release was his poorest work.

JD

KinkierThanThou

Apr 19, 2020
Okay so I've played a complete game from scratch to the end of this update, and I don't know yet how to express in words how I feel. It'll take me a few days to completely wrap my head around it.

Now Braindrop I feel that from past interactions, you won't take what I'll have to say personally. I love this game and want it to succeed, more than any other game and I hope you know that. But I have also been critical of certain aspects in the past and that's not about to change. Just know that it is intended as constructive critisism to help you grow as a writer. Think of me, of us, as your editors. We're not trying to dictate your story, we're just trying to help you tell the best story you can. :)

Believe me, I've butted heads with editors in the past, but at the end of the day, they always had my best interests at heart and this is a similar situation.

Not today though. Earliest I can promise is Saturday, but I WILL get to it. Let's just say that my love/hate ratio is about 75/25 and you can take the hate part with a grain of salt. It's not really that black or white, more greyish.

And before I forget, THANK YOU for this massive update. I love you and I am glad to see you back to form. :love:

Reactions: Braindrop

Jacktheripper5060

Oct 1, 2020
Can someone give me a download link to the Italian translation? When I click on it, it just redirects me on a the page 425 and I can't see the link there. And is it up to date?

KinkierThanThou

Apr 19, 2020
Okay...here goes:

I went back and forth about whether I wanted to write this or not. Braindrop has been through a lot, so a large part of me wanted to be silent. However, my “day job” is writing professionally. As such, I realize how important constructive feedback is. So, here’s mine....

(scroll right by this if you don’t want to read criticisms of the story — you won’t like what you’re about to read)

This was, by a fair margin, my least favorite update. To be blunt, it’s changed my feelings about the story quite a bit — and not in a good way. To be fair, the e-game genre isn’t known for its realistic plot lines. This is mostly because you’re dealing with “wish fulfillment” scenarios better suited for Penthouse Letters than actual literature. In this, WVM is no exception. Still, BD has made the story enjoyable because (in my opinion) the characters in the game are incredibly charming, distinctive, and memorable.

In this release, however, I felt like a lot of the characters were presented as caricatures of themselves. The scene at the house, to begin the chapter, is a good example of this. The interminable hugging was, frankly, too much. The scene went from sweet to saccharine to awkward very quickly. Likewise, Willow’s character was originally very interesting. Now, she’s a two-dimensional prop whose main function it is to provide framework for nicknames (that have been belabored already).

This isn’t even the worst part of the update. That distinction goes to the storytelling, I’m afraid, which was formerly one of BD’s strong suits. To begin with, the Tali flashback was...stretching credulity. But the way that the fight scene unfolded was absolutely ridiculous. I could go into the way that MC acted during the fight, what was and was not occurring around him with respect to his teammates and other individuals at the bowling alley, and his mother’s sudden, ham-fisted appearance...but this is already getting way harsher in tone than I wanted it to be. Suffice it to say that not only did I dislike this update...it’s made me question the game in its entirety.

There were bright points! Zoe was (as usual) excellent. Stacy was excellent (and a nice job of the subtle storytelling that I appreciate, too) in her brief appearance. I liked getting to find out that Eden has more of a role to play in the story than I expected, too. But for every bit like that, there were two or three bits that were cringe-worthy (and this isn’t even getting into the distracting stuff like the name tagging problems).

I know this chapter was difficult for BD to write. I give him major credit for pushing through what sounds like a horrific time in his life. Still, he has always seemed to value our honest, unfiltered opinions on his game. That means celebrating him when he’s excellent (as he usually is), but being critical when he’s not.

So, though it pains me to say: In my opinion, this last release was his poorest work.

JD
I kind of get you, but I also disagree, but that will be elaborated on later. To me his poorest work was the original Tali reveal, I had major issues with that and luckily that was course-corrected.

Reactions: Jack Dangers
3.70 star(s) 642 Votes