Jace325

Dec 27, 2019
I'd much rather it be a smithing competition if there's any bludgeoning involved. There's just something about steel being beat into submission, literally being bent to someones will… so yeah, I like watching Forged in Fire.

Like Spfjolietjake said: he chose to remain passive, to let events unfold whilst knowing of their dark intent. This is the worst kind of bystander (or rather non-participant) in my book, the one that ends up being an accomplice by their inaction. I realize that my views may be heavily biased by my upbringing as the first generation of Germans that had no direct ties to the people responsible for the atrocities committed prior and during the second world war, but judging by the reactions in this thread at least some of my views do seem to be universal.

Now, there may be some way or even ways for Damien to possibly redeem himself in the future, but at the moment with what he did prior to the alley scene and him just having cooly walked away instead of trying to talk sense into Ryker there is none.
I see your point, and you absolutely right. However, let's not forget Damien's point of view, he's just trying to protect his family (and without the resources of someone like MC). I'm sure y'all have people you care about, how far would you go to keep them safe? Does that excuse Damien from the wrong things he did? hell no, but I'm gonna put him in the same bucket as Ryker and Kenji who are actively doing evil things for (probably) personal gain without remorse.
Also this is still the intro to the story, and we've barely learned anything about this Ryker plot/Damien's story. There could be way more nuance/blackmail than we could've known. you wouldn't watch the first couple episodes of a show and draw conclusions from that.

Reactions: Hordragg

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
yeah I was a little harsh it does seem like she only cares about her charity. Heck it came across like she was only at the bowling event to try and recruit the mc to her influencers team since he is a huge draw.
Who knows your first thought maybe right. But I hope she has just been too focused on the charity. Mainly cause I'd rather be inside her than against her :p

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
I see your point, and you absolutely right. However, let's not forget Damien's point of view, he's just trying to protect his family (and without the resources of someone like MC). I'm sure y'all have people you care about, how far would you go to keep them safe? Does that excuse Damien from the wrong things he did? hell no, but I'm gonna put him in the same bucket as Ryker and Kenji who are actively doing evil things for (probably) personal gain without remorse.
Also this is still the intro to the story, and we've barely learned anything about this Ryker plot/Damien's story. There could be way more nuance/blackmail than we could've known. you wouldn't watch the first couple episodes of a show and draw conclusions from that.
That's what I'm afraid of most tbh. I hope that much time and vn is not spent on that wanker, and being forced to forgive him.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
I thought they were detained as there was no booking of them into jail?
Nope, booking is a procedural thing they do after arresting someone. Detained is when they stop you to investigate something, they can stop you leaving but typically not take you anywhere, if they do that it usually becomes an arrest, even if the officer doesn't intend it to. The standard for detaining someone is lower, to arrest someone they have to have cause to think you probably committed a crime, to detain someone they just need a reason to suspect you might have.

Reactions: MrFriendly

ben_sylar

Apr 26, 2019
I'd much rather it be a smithing competition if there's any bludgeoning involved. There's just something about steel being beat into submission, literally being bent to someones will… so yeah, I like watching Forged in Fire.

Like Spfjolietjake said: he chose to remain passive, to let events unfold whilst knowing of their dark intent. This is the worst kind of bystander (or rather non-participant) in my book, the one that ends up being an accomplice by their inaction. I realize that my views may be heavily biased by my upbringing as the first generation of Germans that had no direct ties to the people responsible for the atrocities committed prior and during the second world war, but judging by the reactions in this thread at least some of my views do seem to be universal.

Now, there may be some way or even ways for Damien to possibly redeem himself in the future, but at the moment with what he did prior to the alley scene and him just having cooly walked away instead of trying to talk sense into Ryker there is none.
"Evil triumphs, when good man stand by and do nothing." I believe that was the quote we were both thinking of. I'm austrian and I was raised by my grandfather, who fought in the wehrmacht, and he said a lot of things along this line.

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
I think there are a lot of great points all around for the Damien arc. So much we don't know too.

While I am interested in that sub plot there are so many other topics that have my attention. First off we need to know more about the below person.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I know I know there are way more important things then my latest digital crush, but I have been replaying the final few scenes so much these past few days that this one keeps catching my eye. I just wanted to throw out something else fun tonight.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
I think there are a lot of great points all around for the Damien arc. So much we don't know too.

While I am interested in that sub plot there are so many other topics that have my attention. First off we need to know more about the below person.

I know I know there are way more important things then my latest digital crush, but I have been replaying the final few scenes so much these past few days that this one keeps catching my eye. I just wanted to throw out something else fun tonight.
Just like Stacy she's your long lost cousin Abigail, :ROFLMAO:

Eh, that's not a suggestion BD...

Oct 29, 2017
Anyone know what causes this issue or how to fix it? I tried reducing font size, but only place I could find where it seemed to be set is 00themes.rpy, and changing the text_size and deleting the .rpyc file so it rebuilt it did nothing.
2020-10-08-22-13-44-WVM.png

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
Anyone know what causes this issue or how to fix it? I tried reducing font size, but only place I could find where it seemed to be set is 00themes.rpy, and changing the text_size and deleting the .rpyc file so it rebuilt it did nothing.
I don't think there is anything you can do for that. It happens on a few long lines of text but not that many.

The ArcKnight

Nylon enthusiast, Harem enjoyer.
Donor
May 19, 2018

I 100% agree. I really need to add this girl to the harem. I fucking love her look and want to get to know more about her.

genericusername1

Feb 23, 2018
I'm sure everyone is done hearing about Damien, but here are my feelings on him.

While I can completely understand doing anything for your families health, and I would do whatever I could for my family. I can honestly say that if I was doing the things he has done, I would not expect the people whos trust I had betrayed to forgive me. I know BD has this story worked out years in advance, so we will just have to wait and see where he takes it, but my hope is that Damien decides to bow out graciously and that is that. I wouldn't mind a choice based option for him to redeem himself, but I hope we don't get the forced to redeem him story arc.

I suck at paragraphs, so I am sorry if your eyes are bleeding from reading my dribble :LOL:

JustPeekin

Mar 21, 2020
Well I can see he has trouble looking MC in the eyes, he knows what he did was terrible (If not unforgivable). Perhaps when the money/insurance comes though, he will do as you say and just bow out and spend time with his family.

Reactions: genericusername1

JustPeekin

Mar 21, 2020
One other thing, hope it's not that the crooked cops are just planting drugs/false arresting Nathans father. I need to go back and play the new content on earlier days but, his mom is quite the milf. MC needs to hit that.

The Krypt Angel

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2019
Hey we made it to page 1337. Nice job everyone.

Ok this is what I want to know. What did Damien do?

Facts:
  • He spied on you and gave information to Ryker. (we do not know what he told Ryker and what he held back)
  • Ryker or someone Ryker works for pays the bills for his sick mother.
  • He was at the event and took the guy that was knock out away from danger.
  • He told the MC to leave in the only way he could with out angering Ryker.
Outside of this what did he do? Now before you say he didn't stop the fight or try to help the MC. First he was not there during the fight. Second he made an attempt to get the MC out of there, a weak attempt but still an attempt. Third we have no clue what he did when he took the other guy in the bowling alley. By not helping Ryker or the MC he made a choice a choice that could cause his mother to lose her health care. Now I don't know about you but for family I would do whatever I can to keep them safe. I get we are mad at him, but I don't understand how we can say he has no chance to redeem himself. Now I was never really a fan of Damien, but I still think he can redeem himself somehow.

I am sure this is an unpopular opinion, but I am sticking be this one and say he has some chances to redeem himself.
Damien's one of the only things you and I never saw eye to eye on lol. My reasons for not liking him aren't very deep I'm simply greedy and want jasmine and he is/was an obstacle in that. But that's fine you can take the moral high road bro. I'm perfectly happy to follow my broken moral compass down the path of the asshole. At least we balance each other out that way ;)

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
Damien's one of the only things you and I never saw eye to eye on lol. My reasons for not liking him aren't very deep I'm simply greedy and want jasmine and he is/was an obstacle in that. But that's fine you can take the moral high road bro. I'm perfectly happy to follow my broken moral compass down the path of the asshole. At least we balance each other out that way ;)
I agree we balance each other out here with you going that way and me more of the nice guy path. I think that balance is needed here sometimes.

I can see the Damien thing going either way for me. As a good friend nope he is out. As a needed team mate that we know can actually play basketball I want him in. Can he be trusted to actually play that is yet to be determined. I want him to come out and prove himself that he wants to earn the MC trust and we are willing to give it to him. However, I don't think we will be given that chance based on who he is associated with and what he knows. He can redeem himself by doing the right thing and setting things straight with the police and the MC. Time will tell.

thorin0815

Apr 16, 2020
But that's fine you can take the moral high road bro. I'm perfectly happy to follow my broken moral compass down the path of the asshole. At least we balance each other out that way ;)
Better not be a complete asshole, or you'll catch Skye's kicks in yours instead of pleasing his. ;)

3.70 star(s) 642 Votes