pwoolamea

May 17, 2020
You know, this is the first post since my return that got to me a little bit. My original reaction to it was a bit vitriolic (I blame being sick). Or it's just a reaction to the fact that I do feel guilty about how I managed this month.

I see my homie Krypt has also had my back and explained that I have been working and have been paused. But I'd like to talk a bit more about it.
I've also come to realize there's a lot of misinformation about me / things that happened so I think now would be a good time to do what I've admittedly been putting off and explain in detail exactly where my mind is at and why.

Have I been the developer I aspire to be lately? Hell no.
Why is that?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Fuck, covid sucks so much that my hands hurt from typing this much out.
Guess this is a decent ending point. I just wanted to brain vomit about some stuff and just try to explain the reasoning behind things going the way they have. I may edit more onto this post after my hands stop hurting.

Before I go though I do want to mention that I don't want you guys to be sad for me or anything. This wasn't the goal of the post. It's more of a "look at all the shit I went through and I'm still here fighting and healing so have some faith in me" kind of posts.

Sorry for the book. :giggle:
Buddy, take care of yourself and your close ones, as that's all that matters in life. The rest is all bs. These are games and should be nothing more than that. If anyone thinks that updates are more important than another person, they're the ones that have a problem, not you. I really hope you bounce back strong and appreciate everything you still have, over what you've lost.

On a different note, when did we reach this point where we are suspicious of everything? Is anyone serious about questioning a person that says they lost people dear to them? In a time when people are dropping like flies around us due to Covid, we're still cold and distant? Sad, really sad...

Trikus

May 31, 2020
You know, this is the first post since my return that got to me a little bit. My original reaction to it was a bit vitriolic (I blame being sick). Or it's just a reaction to the fact that I do feel guilty about how I managed this month.

I see my homie Krypt has also had my back and explained that I have been working and have been paused. But I'd like to talk a bit more about it.
I've also come to realize there's a lot of misinformation about me / things that happened so I think now would be a good time to do what I've admittedly been putting off and explain in detail exactly where my mind is at and why.

Why is that?

Guess this is a decent ending point. I just wanted to brain vomit about some stuff and just try to explain the reasoning behind things going the way they have. I may edit more onto this post after my hands stop hurting.

Before I go though I do want to mention that I don't want you guys to be sad for me or anything. This wasn't the goal of the post. It's more of a "look at all the shit I went through and I'm still here fighting and healing so have some faith in me" kind of posts.

Never apologise to people upset at you for being sick. You didn't ask for it, but you have it. Concentrate on getting yourself and your girlfriend better. WVM can wait a while. People who prioritize fictional lives over real lives aren't worth your time. Go rest up and forget the people who just want to stir up drama.

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017

Why is that?

Thank you for sharing, you'll have my support for as long as you want it. :)

Take care of yourself and your family, they'll get you through this.

If I can help in any way, let me know. :)

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
It was a fair question to ask in a way, if they didn't know that BD had paused his patreon from June despite people not wanting him to, and all the other circumstances. Although they could have said it nicer.
Personally I feel it's fair action if they were still getting charged on patreon. On here a pirate site it's a troll action imo. Braindrop don't owe us shit explanation wise on this site. He is just a better man than people like me.

KinkierThanThou

Apr 19, 2020

You know, I think this "book" is an important step on your road to recovering your mental health. Sometimes airing it all in public is very therapeutic, it's a form of letting it all go in a way. One day you'll read back what you just wrote and say to yourself that you have become a better person than the one you were today.

I could say you didn't need to explain yourself to me or anyone else, but you know what? Maybe it's just what you needed.

Stay strong, Braindrop and concentrate on what makes you happy.

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020

Why is that?

Well I figured it was only a matter of time before we got the post that would trigger you. I am sorry I could not jump on to defend you like I normally would have. Glad to see my friend The Krypt Angel was here to jump in right away. I hope you don't mind but I added your post to the FAQ, as I felt it was a great explanation of everything.

I am sorry you are still dealing with this kind of stuff from people here and other places as well. I know you didn't ask for any of this stuff to happen to you, but it did. Just know you have people here and on your discord that will support you no matter what. It is not just because you created a game so many of us are passionate about, it is because of the person you are. We have your back and always will. I think I am more upset that you couldn't follow through with your plan for this past weekend, I know how stressful asking someone that question can be. Hopefully you find another way to do it soon.

I know I am just another crazy fan of you and your game, but if there is ever anything you need just let me know. You helped me a lot this year in many ways and I want to return the favor any way I can.

Taureum

Jul 1, 2018

Why is that?

Hope to vent out helped you. We are here if you need us and the Health of you and your GF and Grandpa, Family and Friends comes first. This here, WVM comes on the list somewhere later.
Take the Time you need and i hope too that your soon to be Fiancée says Yes.
Like allready mentioned, a Pet helps with Emotional stress but to be fair, to snuggle up on the GF has a pretty similar effect.
So get well soon together and may the rest of the year be better and good to you and your Family/Friends. We will be here, waiting well-behaved.

Last edited:

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
Hope to vent out helped you. We are here if you need us and the Heakth of you and your GF and Grandpa, Family and Friends comes first. This here, WVM comes on the list somewhere later.
Take the Time you need and i hope too that your soon to be Fiancée says Yes.
Like allready mentioned, a Pet helps with Emotional stress but to be fair, to snuggle up on the GF has a pretty similar effect.
So get well soon together and may the rest of the year be better and good to you and your Family/Friends. We will be here, waiting well-behaved.(y)(y)
Whoa whoa whoa!!!

That is not my batman glass Lois!!!

I never agreed to be behaved. :p

BeoWoolF

Apr 17, 2020
I see my homie Krypt has also had my back ...
I guess I am not wrong stating that he was but the first to answer and put out some truth...
Knowing he was one of those who you could lean on through the mess I just want to add that there are more here that will jump the same wagon within a heartbeat. As our Lurker in Chief he just is so darn fast..

Why is that?

It does not just rain, does it? :cry:

While there will be honest questions and even complaints that might be valid, there will always be people who will be butt hurt just for the fun of it. It`s the internet after all.
Problem is to differ between those who might just not be able to express their views correctly, language barrier is a bitch after all.
If in doubt, ignore. Not easily done, I know.

Ahh, ok. Just asking:

WHO THE EFF has the right to say you are not entitled to some time off??
Every job hands you vacation days. To be more specific, paid ones!
Just because you work "in the net" does not mean you have to be online 24/7.
Does not mean you cannot go on vacation, take some days off and have quality time.

Oh by the way, could you finally shut up and take my money?

Again.. wait. what ?

You are "back" from what only can be called a shit ton of bad that was thrown in your lap.
Really, who did expect you would go 100% right from the start? No hiccups, no fall backs, all is fine now, let`s move on and don`t you dare do less than before?

Maybe here your own expectations to yourself are in your way also.

Slow down, take life as it comes. As you see, it keeps coming. It is what happens while you make plans.

Sometimes you just need to vent.
I know you do on private comm channels already, again, just offering you an open ear or 2.

So now, take a step back, relax, breath deep ( filtered ) and have some quality time.

Just an idea, instead of posting a release date, maybe just give a % value of how far in developing the next update you are?
Hmm but again, this is the internet after all, then the next bunch of trolls will appear who think it is a cop out idea...

Last edited:

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019

Why is that?

urghh .. its like we have nice asses / smart asses / dumb asses / sweet asses / tiny asses / very large asses / sexy asses / young asses / old asses (me :ROFLMAO: ) .... now i know what your thinking ....
whats with the talk about all these asses ??? ....
well thats where i was heading ... the lastest category ( wait lastest ? ) urgh you know what i meant .... [ the really really ignorant asses ] ( like the person that posted that really really fucking stupid remark .. )
i mean it wouldn't be that hard to look shit up before the opened their mouths and inserted their feet in there .. PLEASE don't let that person ruin your day ...

pictures55

Mar 14, 2019

Why is that?

I guess I am not wrong stating that he was but the first to answer and put out some truth...
Knowing he was one of those who you could lean on through the mess I just want to add that there are more here that will jump the same wagon within a heartbeat. As our Lurker in Chief he just is so darn fast..

It does not just rain, does it? :cry:

While there will be honest questions and even complaints that might be valid, there will always be people who will be butt hurt just for the fun of it. It`s the internet after all.
Problem is to differ between those who might just not be able to express their views correctly, language barrier is a bitch after all.
If in doubt, ignore. Not easily done, I know.

Ahh, ok. Just asking:

WHO THE EFF has the right to say you are not entitled to some time off??
Every job hands you vacation days. To be more specific, paid ones!
Just because you work "in the net" does not mean you have to be online 24/7.
Does not mean you cannot go on vacation, take some days off and have quality time.

Oh by the way, could you finally shut up and take my money?

Again.. wait. what ?

You are "back" from what only can be called a shit ton of bad that was thrown in your lap.
Really, who did expect you would go 100% right from the start? No hiccups, no fall backs, all is fine now, let`s move on and don`t you dare do less than before?

Maybe here your own expectations to yourself are in your way also.

Slow down, take life as it comes. As you see, it keeps coming. It is what happens while you make plans.

Sometimes you just need to vent.
I know you do on private comm channels already, again, just offering you an open ear or 2.

So now, take a step back, relax, breath deep ( filtered ) and have some quality time.

Just an idea, instead of posting a release date, maybe just give a % value of how far in developing the next update you are?
Hmm but again, this is the internet after all, then the next bunch of trolls will appear who think it is a cop out idea...
Good on you BD, I know meeting and, eventually, proposing to my wife was one of my better decisions, so congratulations!!!
I know she hasn't said yes yet, but if she's moved in she sees the potential and wants to make a go at it so I'm sure she is just waiting for that moment :).

@ Beowolf, she does know, it was discussed back in April / May I think; we all thought she was a keeper at that point.

As always, take the time you need; being creative takes more out of us than we realize.

csmk14

Mar 12, 2020

Why is that?

First of all, as far as I am concerned, you have NOTHING to be sorry for as far as the game goes at least as I cannot and would not tell you so on matter not related to this game because they are part of your private life, something some select ASSHOLES don't get.

Second, THANK YOU! Thank you for this amazing game, for caring so much about your supporters and for sharing this with us, even though you rightfully didn't need too.

Finally, PLEASE do not feel you need to rush content as I think it's safe to say most of us here would be ok with less as long as you were healthy and happy. Take care of yourself, you GF and GP, may you all get through this quickly and with as little impact as possible for you all!

Krynh

Engaged Member
Jan 20, 2020
First of all, as far as I am concerned, you have NOTHING to be sorry for as far as the game goes at least as I cannot and would not tell you so on matter not related to this game because they are part of your private life, something some select ASSHOLES don't get.
1603723802436.png

Braindrop It's a shame Covid put paid to your plans to propose to your excellent girlfriend. I hope you get another opportunity soon and look forward to the next update.

Feb 18, 2019
After what BD posted it reminded me of a joke... how do you make GOD laugh... you tell him your plans.
Anyway GOD bless you BD and your family, take care of yourself and your family, ignore the trolls
and most important we will be here waiting for an update whenever you feel the time is right.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020

Why is that?

Ah, man...

I'm so sorry that there are so many entitled people that you felt a need to tell us all of this. I mostly lurk but I have nothing but respect for you and this community.

This year is a special bit of Hell on Earth - I've seen 4 year olds suffering through covid, people dying alone behind layers of plastic, and much worse this year. And I am lucky compared to other people out there. My immediate family is safe and sheltered. The toll exacted by this year is immeasurable right now...

My point is that you need to focus on getting better, ensuring that you and your wonderful girlfriend get better, and not on whether some perverts on the internet get their fapping material. I love the story you are telling us, it's a heartwarming and sweet lewd tale, but I don't want to lose you when this year has already taken so many talented people. So rest up, relax, take care of yourselves, and "don't let the trolls near your goals" (actual fortune in a cookie that I received a decade ago).

❤❤

dahwookie

Jul 30, 2018
your doing a great job braindrop thank you for your hard work and understanding.

honestly if people enjoy these types games then they probably enjoy milf city and if I can stand waiting for that game then waiting for your game has been a breeeeeeeeeeeze. you communicate just fine with your community and even pause your patron when you feel you wont deliver. that level of customer care is just unheard of here and anything on patron to me. really shows your character, how much you care about the product, and your community.

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
Ok let's move onto something different now. Let's get back to game talk and theory crafting.

Ok so I have been thinking about the whole car/fight scene incident from day 7 final and I wonder where we are going from here. It seems pretty clear that Kenji has a broken leg at the very least, Gorg was hit by the car but he was able to wobble over to attempt another attack. Thankfully Skye was there to take care of him. Now the most curious case is with Ryker. Now don't get me wrong at all he got what he deserved for what he did and threatened to do, but something didn't quite sit well with me. He seemed like a big tuff guy right up to the point the MC took action. You could see the look on his face like he did not think the MC would attack him. It's almost felt like the whole thing was planned out to work out almost exactly like it did.

Ok hear me out a little on this one. Here are the facts we know.
  1. Prior to the event we got new information that Charles was behind some action that got Vanessa's now ex-husband put in jail.
  2. When we see Charles for the first time he scared someone and apologized to them (this was Wendy).
  3. Charles was at the event and he was messed up on something and clearly was not in any kind of mind set to lie easily.
  4. Charles seemed to have no clue as to the actions Ryker was taking.
  5. Katie was there with him and took him to god knows where after the brief meeting with the MC.
  6. The power at the event was taken out (how is not clear at the moment could be an inside job)
  7. Someone outside screamed for help (I assume it was the guy who was knocked out, but don't forget the MC said someone else ran out there first)
  8. Damien tried to stop Ryker from attacking the already unconcise person further (see picture 1)
  9. Damien tried poorly to get the MC to leave before he got hurt while taken the injured person into the bowling alley. (see picture 2)
  10. Kenji, unnamed bouncer, Gorg and Rkyer attacked the MC and did some damage.
  11. As we find out later all damage done seemed to be on the left side where Kenji the bouncer and Ryker where attacking from. (See picture 3)
  12. As Ryker swung the bat at Harper the MC got away from Gorg in time to catch the bat (hmm seemed like timing was on someone side or was it?)
  13. MC hit Gorg with the bat and he drops pretty quick. (Sure he gets up only to be hit by a car)
  14. Round 2 is about to start when Wendy is there to save the day (hits 3 of the 4 with a car leaving only Ryker)
  15. There is a moment shared between the MC and Wendy
  16. Ryker punches Wendy (cringe moment)
  17. Then the MC attacks Ryker his reaction is what caught me off guard, it like he didn't think the MC would take action (see picture 4)
Now to me the pieces line up, but it does not sit well. It feels like the actions were planned out by someone, but who? Was this event staged or was it just Ryker is dumb and realized he was going to lose?

BTLD

Engaged Member
Sep 18, 2017
Ok let's move onto something different now. Let's get back to game talk and theory crafting.

Ok so I have been thinking about the whole car/fight scene incident from day 7 final and I wonder where we are going from here. It seems pretty clear that Kenji has a broken leg at the very least, Gorg was hit by the car but he was able to wobble over to attempt another attack. Thankfully Skye was there to take care of him. Now the most curious case is with Ryker. Now don't get me wrong at all he got what he deserved for what he did and threatened to do, but something didn't quite sit well with me. He seemed like a big tuff guy right up to the point the MC took action. You could see the look on his face like he did not think the MC would attack him. It's almost felt like the whole thing was planned out to work out almost exactly like it did.

Ok hear me out a little on this one. Here are the facts we know.
  1. Prior to the event we got new information that Charles was behind some action that got Vanessa's now ex-husband put in jail.
  2. When we see Charles for the first time he scared someone and apologized to them (this was Wendy).
  3. Charles was at the event and he was messed up on something and clearly was not in any kind of mind set to lie easily.
  4. Charles seemed to have no clue as to the actions Ryker was taking.
  5. Katie was there with him and took him to god knows where after the brief meeting with the MC.
  6. The power at the event was taken out (how is not clear at the moment could be an inside job)
  7. Someone outside screamed for help (I assume it was the guy who was knocked out, but don't forget the MC said someone else ran out there first)
  8. Damien tried to stop Ryker from attacking the already unconcise person further (see picture 1)
  9. Damien tried poorly to get the MC to leave before he got hurt while taken the injured person into the bowling alley. (see picture 2)
  10. Kenji, unnamed bouncer, Gorg and Rkyer attacked the MC and did some damage.
  11. As we find out later all damage done seemed to be on the left side where Kenji the bouncer and Ryker where attacking from. (See picture 3)
  12. As Ryker swung the bat at Harper the MC got away from Gorg in time to catch the bat (hmm seemed like timing was on someone side or was it?)
  13. MC hit Gorg with the bat and he drops pretty quick. (Sure he gets up only to be hit by a car)
  14. Round 2 is about to start when Wendy is there to save the day (hits 3 of the 4 with a car leaving only Ryker)
  15. There is a moment shared between the MC and Wendy
  16. Ryker punches Wendy (cringe moment)
  17. Then the MC attacks Ryker his reaction is what caught me off guard, it like he didn't think the MC would take action (see picture 4)
Now to me the pieces line up, but it does not sit well. It feels like the actions were planned out by someone, but who? Was this event staged or was it just Ryker is dumb and realized he was going to lose?

I don't know what to say about #13...gorg got hit in the head..no matter how big you are...baseball bat to the head..will put you down..
I'll be honest....feels..flimsy this theory
No offense

Reactions: cakeny
3.70 star(s) 639 Votes