Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
The MC has only known the guy for a week and in that time Damien has spied on him, reported to Ryker about the MC, and aided criminals in carrying out an assault on people including the MC. Why would the MC invest more time in Damien?
Because the MC has shown he cares about everyone especially when it comes to family. He said he would do anything to keep them safe. The MC has helped out so many people that he just met that week. Even people who upset his GF, because he is a nice guy and nice guys always look for the best in people even when they do something wrong.

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
I think that at least we can all agree that Ryker needs to die soon. He tried to hit harper with a bat and he punched wendy.
While I hate the actions he took against women, I do not wish death upon anyone even Ryker. I would rather see him suffer more slowly like in prison where Bubba takes a liking to him in the shower and shows him why you don't mess with women.

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
While I hate the actions he took against women, I do not wish death upon anyone even Ryker. I would rather see him suffer more slowly like in prison where Bubba takes a liking to him in the shower and shows him why you don't mess with women.
Fine 80% agree then :p

but if ryker happened to die i wouldn't flinch or shed a single tear, just saying :p

Reactions: Oghmios1337

thorin0815

Apr 16, 2020
No judgments on your personal choice.

Most people don't have other options for medical treatment it is either you have the money/insurance or no treatment. When you don't have the money or insurance you look for any means necessary to get it taken care of for a family member (well for those family members you love).
So does being poor justify any crime/deed? If someone threatens the lives of my loved ones, I would be the first to take countermeasures, but the MC never harmed him, on the contrary, he welcomed him warmly into his circle of friends. Of course, I can theoretically understand his concern for his mother, but that doesn't justify his behavior.

Dazzier31

Jul 24, 2019
Because the MC has shown he cares about everyone especially when it comes to family. He said he would do anything to keep them safe. The MC has helped out so many people that he just met that week. Even people who upset his GF, because he is a nice guy and nice guys always look for the best in people even when they do something wrong.
On the other hand, one of the lessons the MC needs to learn and that the girls keep telling him is that he ain't Atlas to carry the world in his shoulders, so I think that may come into play with that choice of forgiving him or not, specially since at the end of the day, he was among those who put Mama Azel in danger.

I really love the debates here, always nice.

Jace325

Dec 27, 2019
The MC has only known the guy for a week and in that time Damien has spied on him, reported to Ryker about the MC, and aided criminals in carrying out an assault on people including the MC. Why would the MC invest more time in Damien?

Yes, Damien’s family is more important than the MC but at the same time the MC has to think the same thing about his family. Damien may be redeemable but why would the MC be the one to redeem him? A week isn’t enough time to build that deep a connection that would allow the MC to trust him a third time. And the MC has some very vulnerable people in his family.
Damien probably doesn't deserve MC to redeem him, but MC may be the one person with the resources and motivation to do it. MC is also the fictional wish-fulfillment of being the nicest most caring person on the planet.

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
Fine 80% agree then :p

but if ryker happened to die i wouldn't flinch or shed a single tear, just saying :p

I am still worried about what kind of damage the MC did to Ryker. It wouldn't surprise me if he broke his neck with that wicked wrestling move into the face pummel.

Reactions: csmk14

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
The thing about the prison is that eventually he will come out of there, unless he is caught doing something so bad that he gets a life sentence. The guy is a lunatic, he was trying to swing the bat at harper's face, that can easily kill someone, so yeah I wouldn't take any chances with him.

Nov 18, 2018
Clearly opinions differ on the matter, but from my point of view, Damien did not "aid in an assault". He got dragged into and caught up in a shit-fest and did what he could to protect as many people as he could. He hauled the injured guard to safety, warned the MC to get clear, and (again, in my opinion) tried to keep the people inside from going out into danger.

But I freely admit that, given BD's track record so far, it's entirely possible that new evidence will come to light that shows my interpretation of the facts to be less than accurate.

"I have never killed any one, but I have read some obituary notices with great satisfaction." -- Clarence Darrow

AceOfNiagara

May 1, 2020
After the pummeling MC gave him I think it's going to be a while before Ryker spends time with Bubba ;)

Reactions: Uncle Loco

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
The thing about the prison is that eventually he will come out of there, unless he is caught doing something so bad that he gets a life sentence. The guy is a lunatic, he was trying to swing the bat at harper's face, that can easily kill someone, so yeah I wouldn't take any chance with him.
He did assault the MC, assault with a weapon (not sure if that counts as a deadly weapon or not) attempted kidnapping damage to private property, rigging sporting events, illegal gambling just to name a few. I think if he gets jail time it will be plenty to keep him there for a long time.

WheresLucifer

Sep 1, 2018
I'm new to the thread and you guys have probably have talked about this a lot, but what do you guys think of Damien? It's kinda shitty that he works for Ryker. But it's not like he is taking any pleasure in what he is doing or at least it seems like he doesn't. I could see the mc in the future forgiving him once Ryker is out of the way.
I had some notes about Damien...
I notice that some of his choices were not good decisions. Being a star of college can have some weakness. Damien had some weakness, mostly due to his mother medical condition. Ryker was able to take advantage of that against Damien. Someone in the organization is tied with Ryker to able to help pay Damien's mother medical bills as return favors that Damien may not what to do. During the first week, Damien had spied on MC in different area, He tried very hard to avoid MC's home locations.

I believe MC may forgive Damien, however it may take time time to rebuild their trust to each other. However, I believe MC is trying to figure out what he can do to help Damien out of the situation to get Damien out of Ryker's control. It may be a complex situation that MC may need additional help from Rachael and possible other people to help MC resolve this one.

However, I can be incorrect. I only have done day 01 to 07. I have not check out Day 08 at this moment.

Have a great day and be safe... (y)

thorin0815

Apr 16, 2020
Clearly opinions differ on the matter, but from my point of view, Damien did not "aid in an assault". He got dragged into and caught up in a shit-fest and did what he could to protect as many people as he could. He hauled the injured guard to safety, warned the MC to get clear, and (again, in my opinion) tried to keep the people inside from going out into danger.
Do you seriously believe that if the MC had gone back in, that Ryker and his thugs would not have followed and might have caused a lot more harm? Failure to provide assistance remains failure to provide assistance and in my country that is also a crime. He should have called the police / ambulance at the latest after the guard was beaten up.

Reactions: Master of Puppets
3.70 star(s) 639 Votes