Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Also don't forget the Tali story was re-written during day 7 final. The original story made it much scarier for her to be in public. Considering this render was not changed from the original story I feel it is Tali (it may have been confirmed as well) and they are on the way to the new house. It is probably not Wendy. I would think knowing the person Rachael is she would have noticed someone fitting Wendy's description, and also would have notified the MC.
Actually I went through quickly to have a look and unless I missed it there isn't anyone there but Rachael now. It was at the bus station right after we met Charles and Ryker together, right?

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
I have been trying to figure out what trigger the first dream event and the first sleep walking event. those two events are his first time back to his home town other than that I can't figure it out. Others seemed to be tied to seeing his real mom, seeing cedey , or going into a guided dream.

That first two still bothers me, what really trigger those events. That first time was after the groin shot. Depending on the route you take you only see Azel, Jamie, Shauna, Jasmine, Bailey, Zoe, Liz, Damien, Harper, and Natalie. Is there a connection to anyone there? Process of elimination knocks out Jamie, Shauna, Bailey, Zoe, and Liz since all of them can be in the harem. Now there is no indication that these dream events happened prior to moving to WVM. Ok so that leaves Natalie, Harper, Damien and Jasmine .

Now the second event sleepwalking after sleeping on the couch with Azel. Prior to that the MC interacted with Charles, Jamie, Shauna, Liz, Jasmine, Ruby, Anna and Azel. We can again eliminate Jamie, Shauna, Liz and for the sake of time Azel. We should also be able to eliminate Anna. That leaves Charles, Jasmine and Ruby.

Now if we look at both lists one name shows up on both and that is Jasmine. What is her significance in the dream sequences if anything. Well time will tell if I am onto something or if this is just a crazy Loco theory.

preglovr12

Salt is a Way of Life
May 1, 2018
I have been trying to figure out what trigger the first dream event and the first sleep walking event. those two events are his first time back to his home town other than that I can't figure it out.
That's probably the trigger. Hell, even just being in a new location could trigger a dream like that in people.

AmIReal

Jan 21, 2018
I have been trying to figure out what trigger the first dream event and the first sleep walking event. those two events are his first time back to his home town other than that I can't figure it out. Others seemed to be tied to seeing his real mom, seeing cedey , or going into a guided dream.

That first two still bothers me, what really trigger those events. That first time was after the groin shot. Depending on the route you take you only see Azel, Jamie, Shauna, Jasmine, Bailey, Zoe, Liz, Damien, Harper, and Natalie. Is there a connection to anyone there? Process of elimination knocks out Jamie, Shauna, Bailey, Zoe, and Liz since all of them can be in the harem. Now there is no indication that these dream events happened prior to moving to WVM. Ok so that leaves Natalie, Harper, Damien and Jasmine .

Now the second event sleepwalking after sleeping on the couch with Azel. Prior to that the MC interacted with Charles, Jamie, Shauna, Liz, Jasmine, Ruby, Anna and Azel. We can again eliminate Jamie, Shauna, Liz and for the sake of time Azel. We should also be able to eliminate Anna. That leaves Charles, Jasmine and Ruby.

Now if we look at both lists one name shows up on both and that is Jasmine. What is her significance in the dream sequences if anything. Well time will tell if I am onto something or if this is just a crazy Loco theory.
It's crazy but plausible but I have a feeling it's because it is where he used to live and he just had buried memories from his actual home town but it's hard to say until we get deeper into the story.

AceOfNiagara

May 1, 2020

Could be onto something but I'm inclined to think it might be a sight (location) or smell related not a person who triggered it.

Edit: different wording but same as what Preglovr12 said.

Englen

Mar 17, 2019

I tried to do a little too much, dumb moves on my part.

So, like I said yesterday the thing I added needed 30 renders. I had a super good start to it and had over 20 done yesterday, which led to me feeling comfortable enough to add in a joke that took a while to make and I decided to go back and try to find out what was taking the animations so much longer than I thought they would. Which I changed some things and the render times were back to normal so I said fuck it and ran the animations again from a different angle.
They're some reasons as to why my time was cut short today but it's personal shit and it'd feel weird to run you guys through it all.

So long story short. The update is now 310 renders and 4 animations but I wasn't able to get all the rendering done today.
Which does mean I'll be keeping my word and pausing pledges. I tried to move the goalpost at a stupid time and it bit me in the ass.

Feeling pretty shitty about it tbh. I wanted the extra shit to be a little surprise but it turned out to be a detriment. But it's all going to be good, we gonna be okay.
The update will 100% be out tomorrow, I'm not going to randomly add shit this time.

The "call Braindrop an asshole for free" pass is active for one more day lol.
I normally would stay up for however long it took but I just can't right now. I'm so fucking fatigued out that there's no way I'd be able to stay awake. I have my nephew visiting in the morning and I need to be somewhat alive for that.

This was a hard post to make similar to last months. It's one thing to say "The cookie didn't crumble our way" but it's another to say "I did something unnecessary and it led to a delay".
I'm sorry guys.

I'm not one to share videos or anything but I was talking about this to a friend and he sent me this video.

It touches a lot on the whole "move the goalpost" and "trying to make up for lost time" issues. And it helped me a lot so maybe it'll help one of you.

But yeah, update will be out tomorrow. Client poll will be as well. I'll likely need to move the second release date back a bit as it's not very far away now. I don't know yet.
Anyway, thank you guys for understanding. I'll likely nuke these posts after the update is out.

AmIReal

Jan 21, 2018
Another night of sleeplessness thinking of what those crazy kids at WVM are going to be getting into this is going to haunt me all night long DAMN YOU BD. :ROFLMAO: :p:LOL:;)

Reactions: Qmil679

csmk14

Mar 12, 2020
If you have a problem with his delay, beyond being a little disappointed, I'm talking entitled lvl issue, F OFF! Braindrop I doubt you'll see this, and if so not for a bit I recon, but I hope you get a good nights rest and have fun with your nephew and DO NOT WORRY, I know it's hard, but the fans and followers that actually care just want you healthy and mental good, and if you are, the game is a GREAT bonus.

As for pausing patreon payments, I would glady continue to give my dollar every month regardless.

Last edited:

csmk14

Mar 12, 2020
Also, on a positive note, for me anyway, I can update another game that I was putting off so I didn't run into the Mega limit when WVM was going to come out.

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
I almost hope he keeps up with the "I am an asshole" delay thing all the way to christmas.

Think about the almost beautiful nature of giving people the ability to release all their pent up blues just in time for christmas.
By the time we get there we'll have several characters like Jasmine, Stacy and Nat who all get some form of developement.
keikaku.jpg

Reactions: Lockwood

Geoff96

May 28, 2020

In regards to the first trigger after the nutshot. I wondered if that was actually his previous school as it later turns out he's from that area and being in the nurses offce triggered the event. Being in an abusive family its not surprising he'd have had visits to the school nurse as a small kid. I'm just spitballing but a possibility.

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
Ok guys I know most of you that come here are actually fans of BD and his game. So I am going to ask for a favor show him some love here tonight. Post something anything about why you enjoy his game so much, and a few day delay is no big deal. He is beating himself up about making a decision to add a few extra things in this release and that's what is causing the delay. I know I haven't been as active as much as I used to be, but I still consider myself one of the core regulars here. I think you all can take a moment or two to write up something nice.

Braindrop hey man I know you are beating yourself up about missing a release date, but don't let it get to you too much. It doesn't matter if the game was released tonight days ago or tomorrow we all look forward to experiencing it. For most of us it is not did he release the update on time, it's how much that update means whenever we can experience it. You have not let me down in the past you have always delivered a high quality update and that means more then meeting a deadline. Looking forward to experiencing the update when you and it are ready to be shared

3.70 star(s) 642 Votes