Sinyu

Jun 13, 2017
Braindrop you should stop giving out 'exact' dates if it causes you this much stress every day after the game is 'delayed'. Most of us are aware the game gets updated every 2-3 weeks. It will be much more mentally peaceful if you just adopt this release schedule format.

I don't actively follow any game on here (I'm more of a 'check for updates/read last page every 2-4 weeks and get on with life') but whenever I check this thread it's usually the same core group of people supporting you no matter what, that should tell you to release an update when YOUR happy with it, not because of some random numbered day you came up with off the top of your head right after an update is released. Remember just like you have a life outside of being a dev, all of your patreons have a life outside supporting your game, so having some delays is never going to ruin someone's day (well except for entitled freeloaders, but no one cares about them :LOL:)

For the sake of consistency of my posts in this thread I MUST say more Rainn! and to all that has read this far; Have a terrible day and a worse night!! :giggle:

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
I don`t feel like I have much of a place to say anything so I`ll keep it short: BD although I have been critical of some things and have voiced them lately that does not mean I don't care for the game or you, so take care of yourself, and take your time, updates should come when you are satisfied with them, and yeah if deadlines create stress but you want to have somewhat of a finishing line go with the release window, give yourself some extra time, and more importantly try and do things in a way that makes you feel good about it, most people here will support you no matter what, just relax and remember that a lot of people love your game and appreciate you, and are willing to wait until you are satisfied with it, so try and not stress yourself out too much, yeah, I hope this helps I'm bad at this.

AmIReal

Jan 21, 2018
I for one hope that anything that I say in this thread is ever taken as a negative for BD or this great VN. I will agree with others that BD needs to be taking it easier especially with him dealing with the virus at this point in time.

BD needs to stop stressing at this point in time and don't try to keep up with a regular schedule get it done when you get it done whether it be two weeks, three weeks, or even four weeks.

We all want it fast but will live with when it gets too us. So just relax your body and mind and get better and don't rush things.

Thanks for listening to my rambling. ;) :D

mjzeigle

Nov 30, 2018
Braindrop....

I have been playing games for a little over a year now and WVM quickly became one of my top three games. I am always excited when the new updates come out and when I am done playing I can't wait for the next update. You were the first developer that I started supporting on Patreon. You have never let me down with content or release dates or time between releases/updates. You are doing a great job with the renderings and the story telling.

Knowing what you have gone through this year, only someone without a soul could bitch about a few days delay when it is because you are trying to add to the game and put out a product that you are happy with and developing the story in the direction you have in your mind for the game.

Please don't feel bad for "letting us down". Your health and the health of your family comes first and the rest falls in order behind that. Keep up the great work!!!!

Englen

Mar 17, 2019

Okay, so after an initial wave of feedback from the last post I think I'm going to do something you guys might not like but it's the best path to take moving forward.
It's a long term move.

So let me think of the best way to explain it.
Firstly due to the change in plans the update may be out on the 19th. More on why further down.

Secondly it will be the only release this month. It wasn't initially planned this way but due to me pausing pledges there's really not a better time to do this.
The rest of this month after this update will be spent building a buffer of renders.
So as it works right now I work as hard as I can to get out as much as I can and I put out 100% of everything I do. Which can lead to awesome things and huge updates and that's awesome when it works, but what happens that next week when life gets in the way and all of a sudden I can't hit the deadline?
So to rectify this issue moving forward all updates will be around 240-260 renders long despite how much work I'm able to do, the rest of this month will be spent building a buffer so when I do have life or anything like a pc malfunction happen I'll still be able to deliver an update of around 240 renders.

Consistency is important to me, being able to hit deadlines is important to me. This is a super simple solution to help achieve those things but it takes a bit to build it up. Hence why I'm doing it now.
I'm also going to try and build myself a better day schedule, just a few things to help me be efficient with my time.
Another issue is work on WVM that doesn't always show in render counts. Like building scenes or working on the character sheet, these things can feel bad to work on because of the current way I release. But I'll be able to do more without any guilty feelings with a buffer.

So why the 19th for the update?
Honestly tomorrow was a planned "day off". Me and the gf were going to spend the first half of the day with my nephew and then I was going to surprise her and take her out for a date night. We've been stuck inside for a long time and she could use some fun. I planned to move the date night back to Thursday but due to the changes I'm going to take her out tomorrow and put the update out Thursday.

I hope this makes sense, I'm half asleep right now.
Just to say it again but shorter.
After the release on Thursday I will be working on building a buffer of renders for the rest of the month. So instead of releasing 100% of everything I've done I'll only be releasing around 240 renders every release day and adding whatever extra into the buffer. So whenever I have a bad week I can just pull from the buffer to hit 240. It's reliable and consistent and helps free up my life a bit for random events.

If this is gibberish I'll make another post when I wake up
and if you have any questions feel free to ask.

AceOfNiagara

May 1, 2020

Okay, so after an initial wave of feedback from the last post I think I'm going to do something you guys might not like but it's the best path to take moving forward.
It's a long term move.

Firstly due to the change in plans the update may be out on the 19th. More on why further down.

Secondly it will be the only release this month. It wasn't initially planned this way but due to me pausing pledges there's really not a better time to do this.
The rest of this month after this update will be spent building a buffer of renders.
So as it works right now I work as hard as I can to get out as much as I can and I put out 100% of everything I do. Which can lead to awesome things and huge updates and that's awesome when it works, but what happens that next week when life gets in the way and all of a sudden I can't hit the deadline?
So to rectify this issue moving forward all updates will be around 240-260 renders long despite how much work I'm able to do, the rest of this month will be spent building a buffer so when I do have life or anything like a pc malfunction happen I'll still be able to deliver an update of around 240 renders.

Consistency is important to me, being able to hit deadlines is important to me. This is a super simple solution to help achieve those things but it takes a bit to build it up. Hence why I'm doing it now.
I'm also going to try and build myself a better day schedule, just a few things to help me be efficient with my time.
Another issue is work on WVM that doesn't always show in render counts. Like building scenes or working on the character sheet, these things can feel bad to work on because of the current way I release. But I'll be able to do more without any guilty feelings with a buffer.

Honestly tomorrow was a planned "day off". Me and the gf were going to spend the first half of the day with my nephew and then I was going to surprise her and take her out for a date night. We've been stuck inside for a long time and she could use some fun. I planned to move the date night back to Thursday but due to the changes I'm going to take her out tomorrow and put the update out Thursday.

After the release on Thursday I will be working on building a buffer of renders for the rest of the month. So instead of releasing 100% of everything I've done I'll only be releasing around 240 renders every release day and adding whatever extra into the buffer. So whenever I have a bad week I can just pull from the buffer to hit 240. It's reliable and consistent and helps free up my life a bit for random events.

Makes senses to me BD, and I 110% endorse this.
Enjoy the "day off" with your GF and nephew. Build a buffer of renders. And for gosh sake, stop beating yourself up already. Your a good person who occasionally miscalculates. Not a problem.

Last edited:

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019

It's a long term move.

Thanks again Englen for always keeping us informed. :)

have a great day with your Gf Braindrop:)

Reactions: Braindrop

godkingxerxes

Sep 27, 2020
Reading the new status update makes good sense, I haven't been following this game that long but it seems a lot smarter to have content made them release it, instead of forcing yourself to finish x content for a specific date. That will just lead to burn out

csmk14

Mar 12, 2020
So having said my peace of mind on the current update (I hope you have a great day tomorrow Braindrop ) I will glady do what LocoGringo78 asked!

Why do I love WVM? So many things: The Renders are beautiful, the Animations are great, the story is enthralling and the characters are well done. In addition it was created by a great Dev who actually cares about being consistent in his updates, even to his own detriment sometimes! So thank you BD

Dazzier31

Jul 24, 2019
Braindrop, for what is worth, you are not an asshole for delaying the update, shit happens, I know how much it sucks missing a self-imposed deadline but at the end is something that can happen to everyone. We love your game and we love you, every single update that you put out is a highlight of the day and never disappoints, so take as long as you need to finish, we will be here waiting man. Have a great day tomorrow!

And about what Loco asked, saying something nice about the game? Easy enough, the writing is amazing, the characters are lovable (All hail Queen Jamie!) and all the renders are beautiful.

WheresLucifer

Sep 1, 2018
Braindrop, we lives in a world that majority of the project schedules get change due to numbers things.

1. You, your GF, your grandfather, and any close relatives lives are the most important thing than the WVM game.

2. Once in a while need to reward yourself break. Being in same location for a long period of time is not really good, need to get some fresh air once in a while.

3. Keep in mind you are unique and you are running this WVM as one person job. That is impressive. You are still doing trial and error how to deal with your project schedule. You will find a better routine as time goes on. Even when you got hit by COVID-19, the schedule have been impacting you and your life. Saw someone's posting that you are planning a buffer, which it is not a bad idea. You will find the rhythm soon and may ended up tweaking it over time. The positive thing that you announce if the schedule would be delayed or on time. Some developers may not even communicate often to the users/supporters/fans.

4. There are a good number of supporters and fans in this forums are supporting you even if you have to extend the date of the release. Number of them also letting you know that your health and life is more important than the WVM game.

Wish you, your GF, and your nephew a great day on Thursday.

Have a great day and be safe... (y)

3.70 star(s) 642 Votes