Feb 18, 2019
UH OH now look what you all have done. Bringing down the wrath of the MODS. Anyway out of reactions
so for the last page and a half here it is....2 haha and 6 likes

qwsl

Jan 10, 2020
After the #Canned Troll, who committed the stupidest suicide on the forum, we were visited by #Captain Obvious, with the revelation that the VN characters are NOT REAL!!!1111 I'm shocked! How to live now? hmm.. Who next? :unsure:

I bet that wasnt the last one. I think we dont get the Update anymore
Even if this happens, the happiness of a few real people, who have gone through a lot of shit in their lives is more important than VN :coffee: Although, it will upset me if WVM slows down too much or stops completely.

Recently, I have not been following the updates of the game mostly, but the events in the author's life - this Insidious Villain made us turn from ordinary perverts looking for fap content into people who empathize with other people's grief

P.S.: It would be great if the admins cleaned the forum database from Canned Trolls - I'm sure it's not too difficult. They are all created according to the same template. Possible, used same pool of IP \ VPN and mails

Sotak

Nov 9, 2017

Okay so the last "Change of plans" was posted late at night and I was very tired but wanted to get my thoughts out, so I wrote it out as quickly as I could and I didn't go into much detail so that's the goal of this post. This is hopefully my last brain vomit post for a while.

Before I start with that I do want to mention that I proposed to my girlfriend last night and she said yes. I didn't plan to propose (Had another plan for it in mind) but I brought the ring just incase the perfect moment happened... and it did. So I'm now engaged and that's pretty fucking cool.

Okay, now the post starts for real.
After my hiatus I made a few changes that I thought would be enough to guarantee consistency. Those included getting rid of making a set of weekly renders, changing to a bi-weekly schedule, and changing from a hard deadline date of Thursday to Thurs-Sat.
While those changes do help it also kind of showed me what the real issue was... and I already knew it was an issue but I thought those changes would make it way easier to manage.
The issue is how I approach the work and how I deliver it.

The issue:
I'm not a robot. I'm a human that makes mistakes.
So with my current schedule and how I release things I have little room for fuck ups or basically anything other than the initial plan. It's super structured and if one thing falls out of place then everything falls with it.

Why is that?
When I release an update I release 100% of everything I have. Meaning the day after the update I'm back to square one.

Why is that a problem?
It leads to volatility. If I have a bad week then it basically always leads to a delay.
Another reason and it's a self imposed problem is that I always try to one up myself. "I did 180 renders last week, I can do better this week!" and that just keeps happening and the number keeps growing. When I first set out to work on WVM I had said I'd do 80-100 renders a week. Then the goal was 120, then 140, then 150...
I always want to do more and more... and that leads to delays because it only takes one fuck up to cause one... and the delay leads me to want to do better the next time and deliver even more. That cycle just repeats and repeats.
How do you fix it?
There's a few approaches. I could switch to a "it's out when it's out" schedule but I think I'd still have the same issue of trying to over deliver (see day 7 final).

I could stop giving hard deadlines but still have two releases a month. (This may be a thing, but not sure how to implement it)
I could build a buffer of renders so it isn't a mad dash for content after every single update and I can pull from it whenever I have fuck ups or need some time off for real life stuff. (This is 100% happening. After this update I'll be spending some time building up a stash of renders)

Set a soft cap of renders per update. (This is also happening. The number in my mind right now is 240 because I think that's a number I can reliably hit and overshoot a little to help build up the buffer. And when the buffer is large enough I'll have slightly larger updates.)

Conclusion:
A soft cap and a buffer of renders is the only path I see to me being 100% consistent barring any major tragedies. I maintain all the good about the work and updates while getting rid of almost all of the bad.
It takes some time to build but it's the perfect time as pledges are paused. It's kind of too obvious a solution to not take advantage of.

Other benefits of the buffer include giving me the time needed to work on some of the things that benefit WVM that can be a pain to work on mid update like building scenes, working on characters or custom textures, and things like the character sheet.

And finally news about the update:
I'm just gonna give it to you straight. The update ends in a mini cliffhanger currently. (The kind of playful ones I do on occasion which would be fine with the normal schedule) but I think I should see that scene through as there won't be any update past this for around a month. So trading a few days for a hot scene that wouldn't be seen for a month otherwise. I know my last few posts have been titled "I'm an asshole" but I guess it turns out I'm not big enough of one to hit you guys with a cliffhanger before going on with this plan.
The scene will take a few days, so the update will be out this weekend. Likely Sunday as I'm going to be celebrating with the fiancée for a bit today. I'm quite excited about things.

That's all I had planned to touch on. If you guys have any questions or advice feel free to leave a comment and I'll get to it when I can.

Love you guys <3
Ok. I was going to gripe a tiny bit about the update (8.3, or 9, or whatever its going to be) being a week late (based on the message at the end of 8.2), but since I absolutely love the game, and since you have awesome things happening for yourself, I will happily wait till its ready. This game hasn't stopped being great and has so much potential for lengthy story (and many, many, MANY, lewd scenes with an ever expanding cast of ladies) that I can't see an end for such a long time. You are doing great. You don't have to "one up" yourself since each update is excellent anyway...but you do you. Congrats on the fiance and best wishes to you both. If you put half as much effort into your life with her as you do with WVM, you two will have a great life together. Thanks for the great game, can't wait for more, and best of luck to you for your life.

OfficiallyGames

Game Developer
May 23, 2020
Based on that last post, the next update may be the last in quite a while, maybe until late next year or so or on hold or abandoned. Reminds me of another great game developer with a game put on hold cause of the same issues. I hope he finds the time or gets more help to do the updates before the inevitable happens. I wish I could help, but I know nothing about making games other than fixing proofreading issues. I wish him luck, he's going to need it.
Literally says 'won't be any updates past this for around a month' (Which isn't a while, pretty good considering the quality of the game) so probs be January when we get the update after this one coming out. Not late next year.

Reactions: cakeny and csmk14

Argh!MySpleen!

Nov 13, 2020
Things I look forward to:
I wanna see what happens with Jasmine next more than any other girl.
I understand that Harper is a slow-burner, but I love the moments she has with MC and I would like to see that develop slowly, teasingly.
I absolutely love Tali as a comic relief.
I would love to see Zoe get over her inhibitions and just embrace being a part of the harem.
I love Cedey as a sister and Azel as a mother and I hope that never changes.

Things I'm not looking forward to:
I think Kimmy is just such a confusing character. I really don't know what to think about her.
I think Natalie is just bland. Nothing about her stands out and if I'm honest in my next playthrough I'm probably not going to make a pass on her.
I have zero interest in Damien. Just move out of the way and let me have Jasmine, you had your chance and blew it.

Reactions: Spfjolietjake

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
Things I look forward to:
I wanna see what happens with Jasmine next more than any other girl.
I understand that Harper is a slow-burner, but I love the moments she has with MC and I would like to see that develop slowly, teasingly.
I absolutely love Tali as a comic relief.
I would love to see Zoe get over her inhibitions and just embrace being a part of the harem.
I love Cedey as a sister and Azel as a mother and I hope that never changes.

Things I'm not looking forward to:
I think Kimmy is just such a confusing character. I really don't know what to think about her.
I think Natalie is just bland. Nothing about her stands out and if I'm honest in my next playthrough I'm probably not going to make a pass on her.
I have zero interest in Damien. Just move out of the way and let me have Jasmine, you had your chance and blew it.
Really? I think Kimmy is actually pretty easy to understand. Before the mc arrives she was the one getting all the special treatment and she was able to take care of her family that way. Once the mc arrives and all that good stuff is gone she gets frustrated and blames the mc for it. She doesn't really hate him she just wants to make sure she is able to take care of her family.

ProofreadingRUS

Forum Fanatic
Aug 10, 2019
Literally says 'won't be any updates past this for around a month' (Which isn't a while, pretty good considering the quality of the game) so probs be January when we get the update after this one coming out. Not late next year.
Yeah. that's what it says, but people can't stand the truth of reality cause they can't handle the truth.
We'll see what happens in the next few months. It won't take long to notice the big change coming.

3.70 star(s) 642 Votes