Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
Who cares if there are delays at this point? I mean really we have tons of content for this game. BD has been better than a lot of other developers with communication. He also paused donations unlike other developers that milk their patreons month over month with little or no communication on delays. He doesn't need to give multiple updates each month, most games get some content every month or two. It's almost like some of you feel he owes you something that he has to get content out when you want it. Unfortunately that is not how this works have you tired to build your own game or even make a render. This stuff is not easy especially at the quality BD puts out.

I know no matter what I say we are still going to get people who complain about every delay, every update without the content you wanted, or the length of the updates. I can't stop you, but the complaing doesn't help. It is not going to make the update come out faster. Just go play something else and relax. Sure some of us only play a handful of these games or really only get excited for a few games, but just relax you will get content soon. A few days or a week delay is not a big deal.

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
Who cares if there are delays at this point? I mean really we have tons of content for this game. BD has been better than a lot of other developers with communication. He also paused donations unlike other developers that milk their patreons month over month with little or no communication on delays. He doesn't need to give multiple updates each month, most games get some content every month or two. It's almost like some of you feel he owes you something that he has to get content out when you want it. Unfortunately that is not how this works have you tired to build your own game or even make a render. This stuff is not easy especially at the quality BD puts out.

I know no matter what I say we are still going to get people who complain about every delay, every update without the content you wanted, or the length of the updates. I can't stop you, but the complaing doesn't help. It is not going to make the update come out faster. Just go play something else and relax. Sure some of us only play a handful of these games or really only get excited for a few games, but just relax you will get content soon. A few days or a week delay is not a big deal.
This discussion happens in almost every thread, unfortunately there isn't really much we can do. Most people underestimate the amount of work that goes into making these game, it doesn't matter what the devs say. It's better to ignore those comments and wait until the mods come and do their regular clean ups.

cakeny

Jul 23, 2020
Like I said I don't personally mind delays. My initial point still stands though. There's nothing stopping something else from coming up in BD's life as mentioned in that screenshot that could delay it further. Ideally people would just chill out and wait, but setting dates is what's causing the fuss in my opinion.
That and last minute changes that cause big delays.

Reactions: User1230

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019

i agree ... i also agree that i wish people would stop talking about incest .. there will never be any in BD's game ..... get over it people !!!
and as far as BD being somewhat late in his update .. be patient ... i'm willing to bet it will be worth it :)

Call190Now

Feb 4, 2019

I need a clapping reaction to this so I'll just clap irl ig

Reactions: csmk14

Braindrop

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2019
Wasn't going to comment but I'll say this real quickly.
I am sorry for the delays and they're 100% on me and they shouldn't happen. And I know the rapid fire way the delays have happened has caused a ton of frustration and I'll be working on how I speak on dates in the future, and I know those frustrated just want to play the game so I hold absolutely nothing against them.

That being said I do want to reiterate a few things.

- The delays are mainly because of adding more content. The initial release on the 14th was meant to be around 270 renders with 2 animations. The release on Tuesday will have around 390 renders and 8 animations.
(The initial cause was me adding in extra stuff mid update. The latter ones were because of a change of plans I didn't want the update to end where it was planned)
So it's not like I'm just sitting here with a thumb in my ass, you're getting more content for the extra dev time.

- Despite my commitment to working as much as I can to finish the update and build a buffer I'm pausing pledges. I've only been "paid" once for the last 2000 (3500 if you count the ones that were redone) renders I've worked on.
The reason for those pauses was never for a lack of work, it was for a lack of consistency for deadlines. And I'm taking the necessary steps to work on it and if I fail future release dates then I'll continue to pause. To try and say I'm "milking" or compare me to devs who are synonymous with milking is fucking silly.

So can we stop treating this like something it isn't? Thanks :giggle:

-oh and bets are open for Tuesday

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
Wasn't going to comment but I'll say this real quickly.
I am sorry for the delays and they're 100% on me and they shouldn't happen. And I know the rapid fire way the delays have happened has caused a ton of frustration and I'll be working on how I speak on dates in the future, and I know those frustrated just want to play the game so I hold absolutely nothing against them.

That being said I do want to reiterate a few things.

- The delays are mainly because of adding more content. The initial release on the 14th was meant to be around 270 renders with 2 animations. The release on Tuesday will have around 390 renders and 8 animations.
(The initial cause was me adding in extra stuff mid update. The latter ones were because of a change of plans I didn't want the update to end where it was planned)
So it's not like I'm just sitting here with a thumb in my ass, you're getting more content for the extra dev time.

- Despite my commitment to working as much as I can to finish the update and build a buffer I'm pausing pledges. I've only been "paid" once for the last 2000 (3500 if you count the ones that were redone) renders I've worked on.
The reason for those pauses was never for a lack of work, it was for a lack of consistency for deadlines. And I'm taking the necessary steps to work on it and if I fail future release dates then I'll continue to pause. To try and say I'm "milking" or compare me to devs who are synonymous with milking is fucking silly.

So can we stop treating this like something it isn't? Thanks :giggle:

-oh and bets are open for Tuesday
Thanks for posting this, but you don't owe us any explanation. You are one of the good developers out there that actually seem to care about all their fans, not just the patreon supporters. Take all the time you need. No matter how much so of these people complain they will be here playing the next update. Don't ever feel like you have let us down either. You have always been one of the good ones and I really respect your work. Take all the time you need add or remove whatever you want. There is no rush for the update, your true fans will be here waiting patiently for the update when it is ready.

AceOfNiagara

May 1, 2020
Thanks for posting this, but you don't owe us any explanation. You are one of the good developers out there that actually seem to care about all their fans, not just the patreon supporters. Take all the time you need. No matter how much so of these people complain they will be here playing the next update. Don't ever feel like you have let us down either. You have always been one of the good ones and I really respect your work. Take all the time you need add or remove whatever you want. There is no rush for the update, your true fans will be here waiting patiently for the update when it is ready.
Doubt I could of said it any better.

ColdXClue

Jan 21, 2018
I definitely would not say he is even close to "milking" as he does pause pledges when he doesn't come through on his promises which makes him a lot better than most devs. I think it's just frustration that his promises related to releases seem to hold very little weight as there more often broken than kept and betting on them happening would probably bankrupt you.

fedorov51

Jan 27, 2019
I definitely would not say he is even close to "milking" as he does pause pledges when he doesn't come through on his promises which makes him a lot better than most devs. I think it's just frustration that his promises related to releases seem to hold very little weight as there more often broken than kept and betting on them happening would probably bankrupt you.
Won't be surprised by Tuesday it gets delayed again smh

3.70 star(s) 642 Votes