ColdXClue

Jan 21, 2018
I hope it does, just for the extra salt.
Damn....don't give him any ideas. Just wanted to say that despite what we say, I and I'm sure many of the people who do criticize some of Braindrops actions love him as a developer. I say this only because it seems people in this forum love to come from everywhere and utter their favorite Phrase "He doesn't owe you anything" if you say anything negative about his actions. Damn people, can we criticize him and still like him?

dunhill

May 3, 2017
ok ok you hear him, he was busy getting his cock polished or something along them lines and added more content so Tuesday is the new date and we're taking bets..

Tuesday morning = 5:1
Tuesday noon = 3:1
Tuesday evening = 2:1
Tuesday night = 1.2:1
Wednesday = 1.1:1

will payout 2 rabbits for every 1 hamster, 1 cow for 5 sheep, 3 Kangaroos for a shark.... place your bets here place your bets here...

disclaimer: i'm not actually going to take your bets, i don't believe in gambling nor do i encourage anyone to do any additive activity like gambling, i don't even know how gambling works in terms of payout...

MadMonk

May 26, 2017
I bet 2 hamsters and a goldfish that can swim upside down + the fur of that guys dog's hind legs and bet it on a Thursday release.

• Haha
Reactions: dunhill

csmk14

Mar 12, 2020
Damn....don't give him any ideas. Just wanted to say that despite what we say, I and I'm sure many of the people who do criticize some of Braindrops actions love him as a developer. I say this only because it seems people in this forum love to come from everywhere and utter their favorite Phrase "He doesn't owe you anything" if you say anything negative about his actions. Damn people, can we criticize him and still like him?
Constructive Criticism is ok, even showing disappointment is fine, hell, I am sad about the delay, but here's the difference, tone, and you can read tone just as easily as you can hear it. As a whole we are a happy friendly group who don't like unnecessary negativity, so when we perceive people having such negativity we go on the defense of a man whom we support, both emotionally and in quite a few cases monetarily, when he lets us. A lot on this forum do not give money to BD, hell I didn't until this current month, before he paused it, so complaining that life and additional content is forcing a delay when, in all likelihood you(not you specifically, you seem decent, but the royal you) haven't given him a cent seems a little childish, IMO!

Last edited:

ProofreadingRUS

Forum Fanatic
Aug 10, 2019
My last say in this, is I hope it gets released before Thanksgiving.
Also, I'm going to wait until the 3rd update. Don't care if it's in January anymore.
That about right I think. I think that's about the estimate of the 3rd release.
Hope it's big by then, the bigger the better, bigger than big.

Banish

Mar 29, 2019
Personally idc about delays i mean some games take 6-7 months to make one. What i don't like is announcing an update at a certain date being full of expectation and see that update being pushed back several times and be disappointed as much times.

I am not talking about Braindrop in general, Superwriter is also like that. You reach a point were disappointement boils down and you're like "man, do you take us for a weathercock?!". It's best to not give a date at all and just say at the start of the month "1 or 2 update this month no specific date release". it's fairer to your audience. On a personal note i doubt i'll play before a while the update, it's been a while since wvm for me is something i have no expectation for.

Hellkinglucifer

Apr 29, 2020
Wasn't going to comment but I'll say this real quickly.
I am sorry for the delays and they're 100% on me and they shouldn't happen. And I know the rapid fire way the delays have happened has caused a ton of frustration and I'll be working on how I speak on dates in the future, and I know those frustrated just want to play the game so I hold absolutely nothing against them.

That being said I do want to reiterate a few things.

- The delays are mainly because of adding more content. The initial release on the 14th was meant to be around 270 renders with 2 animations. The release on Tuesday will have around 390 renders and 8 animations.
(The initial cause was me adding in extra stuff mid update. The latter ones were because of a change of plans I didn't want the update to end where it was planned)
So it's not like I'm just sitting here with a thumb in my ass, you're getting more content for the extra dev time.

- Despite my commitment to working as much as I can to finish the update and build a buffer I'm pausing pledges. I've only been "paid" once for the last 2000 (3500 if you count the ones that were redone) renders I've worked on.
The reason for those pauses was never for a lack of work, it was for a lack of consistency for deadlines. And I'm taking the necessary steps to work on it and if I fail future release dates then I'll continue to pause. To try and say I'm "milking" or compare me to devs who are synonymous with milking is fucking silly.

So can we stop treating this like something it isn't? Thanks :giggle:

-oh and bets are open for Tuesday
Missed Deadline always trigger people because as you know many people here have been burned by other devs before and if they are fairly new to your work then it is understandable for them to think Ah shit, here we go again. You can add 1 or 2 days to your deadlines to avoid missing them + get bonus points when you release early

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
Be thankful those who whine about delays on updates and those who bully, that I haven't got any superpowers, yet. Things like that among trolls and other lesser beings would not like the world at all if I did.

Years ago I was optimistic and knew when I got super powers I would be a hero that would be loved and respected. Now with age I know I'd be a damn villain reeking havoc on those that bump a thread to whine or to push their agenda.

Rejoice for the powers have not come yet and enjoy your freedom to whine in the meantime.

BTLD

Engaged Member
Sep 18, 2017
Be thankful those who whine about delays on updates and those who bully, that I haven't got any superpowers, yet. Things like that among trolls and other lesser beings would not like the world at all if I did.

Years ago I was optimistic and knew when I got super powers I would be a hero that would be loved and respected. Now with age I know I'd be a damn villain reeking havoc on those that bump a thread to whine or to push their agenda.

Rejoice for the powers have not come yet and enjoy your freedom to whine in the meantime.
HALLELUJAH BROTHA!
PREACH IT!
everything aside ...it is trully tiring to see people whine that they didn't get the update...but what can you do?just scroll down

Banish

Mar 29, 2019

Well, i don't wish for superpowers personally, but i wish i had mod power and i could modify your post and change the word bully..because it's a strong word and it's a bit inappropriate. I've read no one bullying here or on discord and i don't think the mods would let that pass.

Last edited:
Reactions: User1230
3.70 star(s) 642 Votes