D

Deleted member 3027200

People with save file crashes, try loading the save of the start/beginning of v9.3.
Loading from where 9.3 left off is causing issues.
Something with the dialogue txt being out of sync in the script file to the images..

Loading the beginning of 9.3 should fix it.
Damn, I don't have that save. Can we load save before that?

qwsl

Jan 10, 2020
there few waves of broken saves:
0 too old saves prior total reworked 076 - must started new game
1 old saves not work because in ~0.83? (when he have covid) dev forgot split D8 and D9 and fixed it later so, latest save not work,
2 then in ~0.92 dev was ill(again but with cold) and not split? D8 and D9 again?

you don't need start from new (although I periodically replay the game from the beginning) user must load save when MC wake up or maybe before when MC going to sleep after release from prison and talked with all
P.S.: Usually, i step back twice from BD comments(enable it in game preferences) in the end each update and save - it prevent most problem except day splitting or script chanes

Last edited:

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
people are allergic to using spoilers....I didn't want to say anything but since someone else already mentioned it I might as well jump on this train/ride
Spoiler tags are a friendly courtesy, not a requirement. If you want to avoid discussion of a game, the game thread is probably not the best place to hang out. But don't let me stop you.

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
I made an assumption here regarding saving ponts that was later explained by Dev himself so I've deleted some wrong info. Nothing to see here

Last edited:

BTLD

Engaged Member
Sep 18, 2017
Spoiler tags are a friendly courtesy, not a requirement. If you want to avoid discussion of a game, the game thread is probably not the best place to hang out. But don't let me stop you.
so that's basically a go fuck yourself message for me?
how about at least for the first week try and use spoilers since there are people who are not able to play the update as fast as possible but still enjoy this thread and like to stay here .
How about that?or is that to hard for you?

Reactions: jeffersonarantes998

grumpbert

Dec 14, 2019
Welp seems the repeated save breaking rollback calls each update is even worse this update cant load a single one of the 5 pages of saves i have nice work dev.

• Angry
Reactions: pictures55

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
so that's basically a go fuck yourself message for me?
how about at least for the first week try and use spoilers since there are people who are not able to play the update as fast as possible but still enjoy this thread and like to stay here .
How about that?or is that to hard for you?
Naw, more of a go fuck yourself to the guy you were agreeing with who called people who forget to use them pricks. As I wrote, they're a nice courtesy, but no need to get enraged at people who forget or don't know how to wield them.

Vile_Mage

Oct 4, 2020
Naw, more of a go fuck yourself to the guy you were agreeing with who called people who forget to use them pricks. As I wrote, they're a nice courtesy, but no need to get enraged at people who forget or don't know how to wield them.
To forget or not to know how it works then ok but there are people that they dont use the spoiler alert just cause they think the dont have to...if they think they can just spoil everyone cause they want to then we have the right to call them pricks cause we can and we want

BTLD

Engaged Member
Sep 18, 2017
after 10 sec of using the search
https://f95zone.to/threads/spoiler.23752/
now how about you use spoilers when you talk about the new update?

Braindrop

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2019
Usually, BD ends his updates with a few lines about development. Those lines are written in what Ren'Py calls "label", a specific portion of script. But that ending label is deleted in the next update and replaced with new content. So if you save you game in those lines, next version won't have that label and you won't be able to load that save because save/load system works that way: Ren'Py first looks for the exact line where you save your game and, if it doesn't exist anymore, it tries to rollback to a previous line within that same label. As in WVM that ending label is always deleted from one version to another, game simply breaks as Ren'Py can't find anywhere to go. So NEVER save your game during those messages
No, I usually don't put them in a label and just delete the text. Starting with this update I'm adding the label and adding a jump over for the next update.
Meaning it should be safe to save there now as the text is no longer deleted.

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
No, I usually don't put them in a label and just delete the text. Starting with this update I'm adding the label and adding a jump over for the next update.
There's something you're doing wrong with them, I'm afraid. Too many people getting those issues

3.70 star(s) 642 Votes