Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
Not a fan of the change. Liked Moon better in the original. Pretty sure it's just the hairstyle that I don't like. I'd keep her original hairstyle and color. We already have our redhead Stacy who you haven't really given us much for yet. Just my opinion but I hope you don't keep these changes.
The more I look at the new models and changes the more I know I am going to miss the old models. Now I think it is because I really liked Ruby and I also have felt for a long time she has a very important role in the story. I felt since she showed up in the first dream sequence something more might actually be there. I like how she helped the MC a few times (gazebo, stuffed animals, short shorts). I liked their first meeting with her walking the dog and wondering how a student that lived on campus had a dog (yeah I know we learned how later). Her interruption when you are in the office with Katie was good, I loved how she kept telling Moon that the MC would do the interview outside the bowling alley. She had small parts but they all stood out to me. I will be disappointed for the change, but I will get over it. I like the change that was made for Emiko so I trust BD that he will do a good job with her since we know the current look is not the final model. I hope that maybe Braindrop will keep her original hair as that may be the thing that keeps the old and the new model connected.

As for Moon she can be changed as long as she still looks somewhat related to Ruby it will be fine. I had no connection with her other than an interest in seeing how the interview would work out or if she would try to hit on the MC after it was done. So a change in model or look for her is no big deal to me.

I know the changes all have good reasons and it is not like we are getting a change for Stacy otherwise I might riot (ok not might I would riot :cautious: ). We have seen BD make several changes in the past and all of them make sense now. Natalie's hair while a lot of people loved her look, it did not make sense for a girl like her to have hair like that. It is missed but I like the new Natalie look now, even though I complained about it when the change was found during my very first play through. Emiko's whole model changed I like both models for her so no big deal to me she looks cute and both fit her personality so I am good there. Seems with the new GPU's BD has a lot of improvements have been made on the models so I guess if one model stands out a lot and it should not stand out a change is needed. I will trust BD and his decisions as long as none of those impact Stacy's Model we are good ;).

PS we need some private Stacy time soon, I miss my redhead goddess.

qwsl

Jan 10, 2020
Maybe BD lost old model presets? Or seen similar model in other VN? - no reason change them SO much, current state look really bad - like comix hero. Maybe in the next scenes they will play on the stage of the theater - otherwise, such an amount of bright makeup (more than Rain's in a Gothic makeup) does not make sense. The Moon is the TV presenter one, and they don't use too bright makeup, on the contrary, they try to make it look more natural - this is not the 60s, when they used GREEN lipstick and shadows for everyone in the frame so that it is better displayed on black and white TV. Mediane somewhere between old and new will look much better. :coffee:

However, the Insidious Villain is unlikely to correct anything or make it worse - as usual, due to the harmful stubborn nature. :giggle:

Jun 1, 2020
I'm just going to wait for the next update I suppose. Can't get this one to work. I download it off Mega for my Android device just fine. But when I try to install it, it almost completes the install then says App Not Installed. No idea why. This has happened to me with other games before and whenever the following update comes out, everything downloads and installs just fine.

Braindrop

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2019
I'm just going to wait for the next update I suppose. Can't get this one to work. I download it off Mega for my Android device just fine. But when I try to install it, it almost completes the install then says App Not Installed. No idea why. This has happened to me with other games before and whenever the following update comes out, everything downloads and installs just fine.
I updated my renpy version so I could retroactively "fix" saves. That's the reason for the issue.
To fix all you have to do is uninstall and then install the new one but before you do so backup your save file so you can transfer it into the new version.
To do so go to "Android/Data/com.domain.program/files/saves" copy your save somewhere else and after you install again put them back in that folder.

(And remember that folder as it'll be changing soon and you'll have to transfer again) :giggle:

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
The more I look at the new models and changes the more I know I am going to miss the old models. Now I think it is because I really liked Ruby and I also have felt for a long time she has a very important role in the story. I felt since she showed up in the first dream sequence something more might actually be there. I like how she helped the MC a few times (gazebo, stuffed animals, short shorts). I liked their first meeting with her walking the dog and wondering how a student that lived on campus had a dog (yeah I know we learned how later). Her interruption when you are in the office with Katie was good, I loved how she kept telling Moon that the MC would do the interview outside the bowling alley. She had small parts but they all stood out to me. I will be disappointed for the change, but I will get over it. I like the change that was made for Emiko so I trust BD that he will do a good job with her since we know the current look is not the final model. I hope that maybe Braindrop will keep her original hair as that may be the thing that keeps the old and the new model connected.

As for Moon she can be changed as long as she still looks somewhat related to Ruby it will be fine. I had no connection with her other than an interest in seeing how the interview would work out or if she would try to hit on the MC after it was done. So a change in model or look for her is no big deal to me.

I know the changes all have good reasons and it is not like we are getting a change for Stacy otherwise I might riot (ok not might I would riot :cautious: ). We have seen BD make several changes in the past and all of them make sense now. Natalie's hair while a lot of people loved her look, it did not make sense for a girl like her to have hair like that. It is missed but I like the new Natalie look now, even though I complained about it when the change was found during my very first play through. Emiko's whole model changed I like both models for her so no big deal to me she looks cute and both fit her personality so I am good there. Seems with the new GPU's BD has a lot of improvements have been made on the models so I guess if one model stands out a lot and it should not stand out a change is needed. I will trust BD and his decisions as long as none of those impact Stacy's Model we are good ;).

PS we need some private Stacy time soon, I miss my redhead goddess.
I've seen other artists make changes to character models in the middle of a game but it's usually tiny tweaks that you need to see side-by-side to notice. This completely changing the entire model thing I don't get.

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
I've seen other artists make changes to character models in the middle of a game but it's usually tiny tweaks that you need to see side-by-side to notice. This completely changing the entire model thing I don't get.
I'm just thankful Braindrop is only changing a couple of characters (not liking it personally) and is not pulling an WIAB. That would gut me with this one.

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
Ok guys I am testing this for a new WVM project I am working on for next month. I set this up for the proposed Ruby model change. Just a quick survey, if you are interested. If we get a lot of votes I will share the results with Braindrop

i mean seriously .... the new Ruby blows the older Ruby away ... hands down ... i can understand why some would still like the older Ruby .. but my vote goes to the newer Ruby ... i mean god dam shes soooo fucking hot now compared to the old one ... :love:

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
I do like the new Ruby very much, model and artwork.
The thing is, I did like the, hmm.. more rugged appearance of old ruby, too.
Maybe some of the old features in her new form?
to each his own .. but i'd rather see the newer Ruby with my baby in her belly ... i meant to say my MC's .. heh ;)

BTLD

Engaged Member
Sep 18, 2017
i mean seriously .... the new Ruby blows the older Ruby away ... hands down ... i can understand why some would still like the older Ruby .. but my vote goes to the newer Ruby ... i mean god dam shes soooo fucking hot now compared to the old one ... :love:
Preach it brotha!

• Red Heart
Reactions: ImperialD

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
The model is gorgeous that I will admit, but to me that ain't the character Ruby. Ruby to me is that wonky eyed sweet but clumsy model. This model has none of that feeling for me.

The Krypt Angel

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2019
The model is gorgeous that I will admit, but to me that ain't the character Ruby. Ruby to me is that wonky eyed sweet but clumsy model. This model has none of that feeling for me.
that's my main problem the change turns her into just another pretty face and totally kills her original cute slightly frumpy klutz vibe which was the only reason I even liked her. But whatever as long as he doesn't alter Bailey again we're all good....never mess with perfection :p

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
that's my main problem the change turns her into just another pretty face and totally kills her original cute slightly frumpy klutz vibe which was the only reason I even liked her. But whatever as long as he doesn't alter Bailey again we're all good....never mess with perfection :p
now Bailey is a girl that should be fixed .. i mean shaved one side of her hair .. she kinda looks odd ....

jk jk :ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

The Krypt Angel

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2019
now Bailey is a girl that should be fixed
Funny i was just thinking the same thing about you.... Maybe without all that testosterone floating through yer poor age addled brain you wouldn't blurt out the first stupid thing that comes to mind that might get you killed :p

SB: I'll go out to the shed and find the pruning shears!

BB: make sure to grab the rusty set we'll give him tetanus as a parting gift :devilish:

3.70 star(s) 642 Votes