Oghmios1337

Mar 16, 2018
My main concern regarding Millie is actually how and when are they going to tell her the truth about Jamie's pregnancy. Pretending a pregnancy and lying your own mother about it is such a weird, extreme move (about a quite sensitive topic) that honestly I can't see how BD can defuse it in a 'believable' way. But maybe that lack of imagination of mine explains why I translate games instead of writing them :rolleyes:
As MC said Jamie could already be pregnant they just don't know it yet. Depending on where she was in her cycle, we could see something in the next in game week or two.

The Krypt Angel

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2019
My apologies if it has been asked already, but, will version 1.0 be the final or at least have the route endings?
the version number as it stands is not really heading for a 1.0 end state (the game is going to be a long one) right now the version number is set up like this 0.Daynumber.Partofthecurrentday.

there's also no set number of "parts" in a given day it takes however many it takes

Last edited:

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
As MC said Jamie could already be pregnant they just don't know it yet. Depending on where she was in her cycle, we could see something in the next in game week or two.
Pregnancy weren't supposed to be an optional thing to be later implemented? Then, of course, we can think of a thousand ways to sort things out, but it doesn't change the fact that it should be a believable way out of that lie (both story and character-wise) and also one that won't make half the playerbase to get angry because they couldn't choose not to knock Jamie off just yet

I see spoilers are not longer needed, ot at least used, so I'll drop them too

The Krypt Angel

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2019
Pregnancy weren't supposed to be an optional thing to be later implemented? Then, of course, we can think of a thousand ways to sort things out, but it doesn't change the fact that it should be a believable way out of that lie (both story and character-wise) and also one that won't make half the playerbase to get angry because they couldn't choose not to knock Jamie off just yet

I see spoilers are not longer needed, ot at least used, so I'll drop them too
pretty sure BD has been transparent that at least jamie getting pregnant was not going to be optional but I agree it's too early in game to make it happen now

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
Mind Drop #9 (2/3/2021)

A rare Wednesday mind drop! I accidentally slept for way longer than intended yesterday and that's why this post is a bit behind. I don't have a whole lot to talk about but there are a few things I should mention, so let's get into it.

Game related stuff:

- Managed to get both releases out last month and that was cool but ideally they wouldn't have been both at the end of the month. The most ideal scenario is a release towards the first 7-10 days a month and a second around the 21st-23rd of the month.

- I'm working my way towards ideal but this will be another stepping stone month. The target for the next release is mid Feb with another one near the end of Feb.

- I'm considering putting out a few teaser images from the Week 1 redo soon.
Dev related stuff:
- I have both a ton and nothing to talk about at the same time. Most of the in-progress things aren't ready to be publicly discussed yet and the other things I want to talk about I go more into down below! So, onto personal stuff.

Personal related stuff:
- It was awesome being able to take the time to spend with my grandpa without it being detrimental to the game. I love the new work system. It feels really nice when everything works, my life feels a lot less robotic and I feel more rejuvenated and creative than ever before.

- A fun fact about me is that I still type like a child. I only type with my index fingers. And it's not a big deal but I type a lot... and I've been having some hand pain and it's pretty obvious it's coming from typing with two fingers.
So I've been working on how to type properly and it's been tough to fight the muscle memory and I still catch myself trying to type with two all the time but I'm getting better about it.
I've been playing some typing games in my free time (It's fun to learn a skill that will help with productivity without it feeling like a chore) and I think it'll be fun to add my average WPM to these weekly posts to see how I improve over time.
Two fingers: 71 WPM
Properly: 49 WPM (It'd be a lot faster but I make a ton of mistakes still)

Okay... time for the other topic of this post. Changes:
(WIP, NOT FINAL)(1st before, 2nd after) (Ruby is more finalized than Moon)

Ruby and Moon are the most recent to be hit with the update bat.
Ruby was one of the first characters I made for WVM and I made it work for a while but with the upcoming pool party scene it made it very apparent that something had to change. She stood out and not in a positive way.
(Not the first instance of this happening but I tweaked other scenes for her)
At first I tried to tweak her a bit and fix some of the issues but the more I tweaked the more I realized it was time for a new model... and with Moon being her sister and having similar issues she needs changed as well.
It's hard to say exactly why but I think these new models fit the respective characters / personalities way more so than the previous as well.
(Another reminder, these are not final but they are the direction they're headed in. I'll tweak throughout the week and have an update for you in the next mind drop )

Changes always bring up interesting topics and causes some to panic about more characters getting the update bat. So I want to be fully transparent and say that there are only two characters that may have some large changes in the future. Lauren (possible rework) and Katie (possible tweaks, not rework)(These are for similar reasons as Ruby and Moon) the other girls are safe.

If you hate the changes I'd say give it some time. There'll be tweaks and I think it'll grow on you.

That's all for this week! Thank you guys for everything.
I hope you all have amazing weeks and I'll see you soon, love you guys. <3

K18

Apr 19, 2018
I can imagine Lauren getting involved and help mediate the Millie's situation to come to some resolution. Lauren is a therapist, she could likely assist MC, Jamie, Liz, and Millie with her experience and possibly defuse another outburst from Millie. Get to any deeper issue with Millie with her expertise.

Also, there's plenty of people who can vouch for MC's behavior and actions, the other women living with MC and those from outside on campus who are familiar with MC. There's other mothers Harper, Wendy, Azel, Vanessa and the mature women Rachael, Belle, and WVM Staff for their impression of MC. Example like Harper, an overprotective mother who entrusted her daughter Natalie to MC, while knowing about MC's unique love life and MC supporting her personal issue with the Charles drama.

ralphie12k

Jun 11, 2020
On Millie:
I do think the path to her accepting the MC is through his Moms and the other older characters like Rachael. Millie won't listen to any of the girls because she thinks they are all brainwashed by the MC, but she might listen to the older women. A possible obstacle in that though is that Millie would say he is their son, so of course they would side with him. But that is probably where Rachael comes in. However it turns out, I imagine it will take a while.

But I hope there is no more yelling for Jamie's sake. That look she had when everyone was yelling in the theater was so sad. Even though we joke here about her being the Harem Queen that doesn't take shit from anyone, she can be really delicate at times, like when Willow made fun of her in the very beginning.

A side note, I really enjoyed how Rachael went from fairly cold business woman in the beginning, to happiness with the MC and his family. Her hugging the MC on the balcony because she didn't have to worry about Tali really anymore, and becoming friends with Belle again, are what I like most about this game.

Also I'm excited to be getting back to more school stuff after Day 9 ends. Curious which day of the week it is though.

Aioto

Oct 31, 2018
If it's day 9 than it's Monday. The game started on saturday, they got to WVM on Sunday and then had the first class on Monday. so day 7 would be Saturday, Day 8 Sunday and day 9 Monday
Check your maths dude, if the game started on saturday(day 1) then day 7(seventh day of the first week) is friday and day 8(first day of the second week) is saturday.

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
I for one think there will never be a resolution with Millie. She won't accept it and in the end she would do something so stupid that both her daughters will just have enough or her and throw her out to go back home to her asshole father and cut her off from their lives. Too me that is the most realistic solution to this. Not pretty.
1. I don't play this for the realism

2. Sadly in real life women (and men) do live in loveless and abusive marriages/partnerships so to me you are correct that your view would happen most of the time. But please refer to 1.

3. Braindrop has proved to be pretty clever with his writing so I personally believe he will come up with a plausible solution to the Millie arch.

3.70 star(s) 642 Votes