PrimeGuy

Dec 16, 2019
If I may be so kind, considering how borderline hostile this thread has become with the live-ins and with anyone who simply questions BD on anything, expressing doubt on him on actually releasing the update (which to be fair, has happened since the beginning of February and sure with everything in real life happening it's understandable and such), or simply being new to the game and thread and asking if there is incest, only be rewarded with hostility, facepalms, and shamed simply because they happen to not read the OG post or some FAQ or go through the 2000+ pages that mention that there won't be any or even the 2000+ pages of repetitive talk...

Maybe I'm different in thinking that any feedback or criticism, be it good-bad-neutral, is truly fair play. Because that same feedback could make a difference down the road. In this case, it's been almost half a year since the supposed update was supposed to drop and in that time this game has lost patrons as well as fans of the game because of that, and yet even though we have been updated (Some of us at least, not everyone as is the case it seems) we can't doubt or question if the update will happen? That we are supposed to have no criticism at all? Not sorry for saying this, but I and certain others who are still here who feel the same as I do will keep expressing doubt and concern, even though he hasn't milked his paterons to which I commend.

If I'm being honest, I still am a fan of BD and of WVM. I love the characters, the fun of the story, and the number of possibilities there are. But at the same time of late I, and others, have been starting to lose interest in the game, if not the game entirely. And even when I hear that there could be a chance where the update "could happen by the end of the month", I can't help but express doubt because of how things have gone so far. Sure, real-life takes precedent and is entirely uncontrollable, but you can't expect everyone to fall into line and have patience or question how things have gone on.
I would agree that constructive feedback is useful, regardless of whether it's positive, negative, or neutral in flavour. I would also say, however, that a lot of the complaints that happen aren't constructive feedback.

People just say "I don't like this" without giving much indication of how it might be improved, or without looking to see whether or not it's something that's been brought up and discussed before. Or they talk about the delays in the update coming out, and how it reminds them of other Devs who've acted horribly - even if the comparison in this case was fair (which it is not since Braindrop routinely pauses donations when there are delays), I don't see how that's supposed to be constructive. No Dev is going to come out and admit that they're just stealing money from their patrons, they're going to say they're working on it, and whether or not an individual believes them is generally not going to be influenced by other people telling them they're wrong, or talking about what's happened to other games.

I definitely agree that there have been instances where people legitimately wanted to give feedback, and they were treated poorly. I don't like when that happens either. I think it's a symptom of dealing with the other stuff I mentioned in the last paragraph too frequently. It still isn't something that should happen, it's an explanation, not an excuse.

Does it suck to have to wait longer? Sure, but I'll wait as long as I have to. Do I personally think BD deserves the benefit of the doubt? I do, but everyone else has to make up their own minds about that. If you don't feel the same, that's your prerogative, but what gain to anyone comes out of saying "there's never going to be another update" or trying to get people to drop pledges (not saying this was anyone in particular's goal, but it's been brought up on the forum before so I thought I'd include it)?

If another update never comes, you get to say I told you so, sure. But there will always be people who will say "well there's still tomorrow" or next week, or next month, etc. And if you actually like the game, and want it to continue, making pledges drop might cause delays, or stop production entirely if you're wrong about the Dev's intent (since they might have to start looking for other ways to earn money).

To be clear, the "you" in the above statements isn't meant to be directed at anyone specific, but to people who call for this kind of thing in general. I don't know any specific person's motivations, or goals.

Anyway, I hope we can all have friendly discussions, regardless of differing opinions in the future.

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
... In this case, it's been almost half a year since the supposed update was supposed to drop and in that time this game has lost patrons as well as fans of the game because of that, and yet even though we have been updated...
Constructive criticism is a great thing. Lying and making up facts to make your point is not. In the last 6 to 7 weeks patreon numbers have grown.

Trikus

May 31, 2020
I hate the idea of billing people before I've delivered what I promised... and that should be shown by the fact I've paused I believe 9 out of the last 13 months even though I worked throughout them all. I normally would just pause and not even think about it.

former patrons - Access along with tier 0 (through a channel on discord, so make sure you're in the discord before unpledging.)
(To join the discord all you have to do is link a discord account to your patreon account and it will automatically join my server.)

I'm sure this post will lead to a lot of people calling me a 'milker' and comparing me to other devs... but I've done my best to show that I'm not here to take advantage of anyone.
So, he has been working on this without pay for nine months, and he is opening downloads to former patreons for free (without coming here to pirate it). How is he a milker? Those people don't deserve your time Braindrop. I'm looking forward to the release.

lonelyk

Feb 12, 2019
If I may be so kind, considering how borderline hostile this thread has become with the live-ins and with anyone who simply questions BD on anything, expressing doubt on him on actually releasing the update (which to be fair, has happened since the beginning of February and sure with everything in real life happening it's understandable and such), or simply being new to the game and thread and asking if there is incest, only be rewarded with hostility, facepalms, and shamed simply because they happen to not read the OG post or some FAQ or go through the 2000+ pages that mention that there won't be any or even the 2000+ pages of repetitive talk...

Maybe I'm different in thinking that any feedback or criticism, be it good-bad-neutral, is truly fair play. Because that same feedback could make a difference down the road. In this case, it's been almost half a year since the supposed update was supposed to drop and in that time this game has lost patrons as well as fans of the game because of that, and yet even though we have been updated (Some of us at least, not everyone as is the case it seems) we can't doubt or question if the update will happen? That we are supposed to have no criticism at all? Not sorry for saying this, but I and certain others who are still here who feel the same as I do will keep expressing doubt and concern, even though he hasn't milked his paterons to which I commend.

If I'm being honest, I still am a fan of BD and of WVM. I love the characters, the fun of the story, and the number of possibilities there are. But at the same time of late I, and others, have been starting to lose interest in the game, if not the game entirely. And even when I hear that there could be a chance where the update "could happen by the end of the month", I can't help but express doubt because of how things have gone so far. Sure, real-life takes precedent and is entirely uncontrollable, but you can't expect everyone to fall into line and have patience or question how things have gone on.
I agree.

Real life issues take precedence, I won't argue with it. Some other devs have lost all goodwill because their constant excuses were clearly BS. As far as I'm concerned, the multiple delays of WVM despite Braindrop's promises are disappointing but Braindrop still has all my goodwill because he has paused pledges during the entire time, so there is no reason to accuse him of milking his patreons and every reason to believe him. It is his livelihood and I've always found he has been extremely respectful of his patreons' financial support. Too respectful even considering he works, and just feels he did not do enough. That's quite the impostor syndrome if you ask me :) He also had a history of releasing regularly (on a weekly basis!) and is known to have a great work ethic and love for his game. But this is the first update since the change of release schedule to "release big updates when they're ready", and I don't think this is a coincidence. I had warned back then that this was the risk: delays (for multiple reasons), frustration and loss of fans by making the game "live" punctually instead of constantly with weekly releases. And if you believe that real life is going to be calmer in the future, you probably have not had a newborn to take care of. ;) All I hope is that Braindrop finds a recipe that works for him and the community so he does not get shitstorms anymore and can get back to having a positive community like his game is. The situation must be quite stressful for him.

Riggnarock

Jun 17, 2020
Well even though i am on Braindrop's side, i can understand the milk sayers as well.
The latests posts are for patron's only.
While i can understand it if he makes his releaseses and extra content for patron's only, I for one would like to be able to read the latests of his updates, wether its an update to the game, or an update on how he is doing or what's going on in his life, I would like to read em just the same.

I'm not saying he should unlock everything, but having us pay for an update kinda looks like milking (not the releases, or extra pictures he shares offcourse :D).
And I would love for WVM to hit Steam, Being a Dik is on it, several other renpy games as well, so i hope that he at least thinks about putting WVM on Steam as well

Braindrop himself: or if you could simply post here how its going with you i would be fine with that as well. or drop me myself a message from time to time :D

Last edited:

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
Well even though i am on Braindrop's side, i can understand the milk sayers as well.
The latests posts are for patron's only.
While i can understand it if he makes his releaseses and extra content for patron's only, I for one would like to be able to read the latests of his updates, wether its an update to the game, or an update on how he is doing or what's going on in his life, I would like to read em just the same.

I'm not saying he should unlock everything, but having us pay for an update kinda looks like milking (not the releases, or extra pictures he shares offcourse :D).
And I would love for WVM to hit Steam, Being a Dik is on it, several other renpy games as well, so i hope that he at least thinks about putting WVM on Steam as well

This is getting ridiculous, do you honestly think he can be called 'milker' because he keeps informed his patrons (who are not paying a dime since forever and then spread the word in this pirate forum) instead of writing yet another public post? Oh my

Riggnarock

Jun 17, 2020
This is getting ridiculous, do you honestly think he can be called 'milker' because he keeps informed his patrons (who are not paying a dime since forever and then spread the word in this pirate forum) instead of writing yet another public post? Oh my
I already gave braindrop a personal message with an explenation on my point of view.
But what i wonder is, why arent you looking further then the milking part, its like you saw Milking and didnt wanted to read further but do wanna judge directly.

besides, i said im on braindrop's side, but can understand the others as well, im not siding with them, like you seem to asume.

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
I already gave braindrop a personal message with an explenation on my point of view.
But what i wonder is, why arent you looking further then the milking part, its like you saw Milking and didnt wanted to read further but do wanna judge directly.

besides, i said im on braindrop's side, but can understand the others as well, im not siding with them, like you seem to asume.
Well, excuse me sir, but then I just don't get what your point is. You literally said "i can understand the milk sayers as well. The latests posts are for patron's only (...) I'm not saying he should unlock everything, but having us pay for an update kinda looks like milking".
So you think keeping his supporters updated looks like milking, just because you "would like to be able to read the latests of his updates". Updates you get here for free nevertheless because that's what a pirate forum is for, among other things. My take on your words is that you would like to have absolutely everything for free, and just can't understand why a developer would be interested in keeping his actual supporters informed before anyone else, especially when it's some billing related news.

Also, not sure why you think BD might be interested in knowing your opinions via direct message. That's so self absorbed that almost creeps me away

Riggnarock

Jun 17, 2020
Well, excuse me sir, but then I just don't get what your point is. You literally said "i can understand the milk sayers as well. The latests posts are for patron's only (...) I'm not saying he should unlock everything, but having us pay for an update kinda looks like milking".
So you think keeping his supporters updated looks like milking, just because you "would like to be able to read the latests of his updates". Updates you get here for free nevertheless because that's what a pirate forum is for, among other things. My take on your words is that you would like to have absolutely everything for free, and just can't understand why a developer would be interested in keeping his actual supporters informed before anyone else, especially when it's some billing related news.

Also, not sure why you think BD might be interested in knowing your opinions via direct message. That's so self absorbed that almost creeps me away
well i'm glad that you are progressing. except for the fact that i said that he didnt have to unlock everything, only the updates on his life itself, mainly meaning that i'm interested in how things are in his life, like happy times, sad times. and I also said that i hope his game comes out on steam, meaning i wouldnt mind paying for the game itself. and the message i send him directly was more of an apology in case i did hurt his feelings. and to also plead to him to think about releasing his game on steam.

and what i said to you might have been over the top, i take full responsibility for that if i did, i meanth no disrespect to braindrop or his community or you at all, but i find it verry hard that you asumed i was blaming braindrop or lashing out on him, wich i didn't, and i am sorry if it looked to you like that. I was merely pointing out my desire to hear from him from time to time. mostly as an support note to him.

can you at least try to understand that part?

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
well i'm glad that you are progressing. except for the fact that i said that he didnt have to unlock everything, only the updates on his life itself, mainly meaning that i'm interested in how things are in his life, like happy times, sad times. and I also said that i hope his game comes out on steam, meaning i wouldnt mind paying for the game itself. and the message i send him directly was more of an apology in case i did hurt his feelings. and to also plead to him to think about releasing his game on steam.

and what i said to you might have been over the top, i take full responsibility for that if i did, i meanth no disrespect to braindrop or his community or you at all, but i find it verry hard that you asumed i was blaming braindrop or lashing out on him, wich i didn't, and i am sorry if it looked to you like that. I was merely pointing out my desire to hear from him from time to time. mostly as an support note to him.

can you at least try to understand that part?
No, look, what I can't understand is why on Earth you could 'understand' people calling him milker (those were your words, not mine) when he's everything but a milker, and you seem to know this quite well. Back to my first reply, do you HONESTLY think he can be called MILKER just because after 7 months of pausing pledges he writes some 'patron-only' post about what is coming next for those who are willing to pay him as soon as he press the charge button again? Because if you think so, then I guess the problem lays in our very different concept of what a milker is

ProofreadingRUS

Forum Fanatic
Aug 10, 2019
The wait is almost over, he says.
I wonder if it's worth the wait, I mean it can't bet that big, can it?
I'll just add it to the other 2 updates I didn't play, maybe that will help it's size.
Yes big is cool, make it big, bigger than big, the bigger the better

Riggnarock

Jun 17, 2020
No, look, what I can't understand is why on Earth you could 'understand' people calling him milker (those were your words, not mine) when he's everything but a milker, and you seem to know this quite well. Back to my first reply, do you HONESTLY think he can be called MILKER just because after 7 months of pausing pledges he writes some 'patron-only' post about what is coming next for those who are willing to pay him as soon as he press the charge button again? Because if you think so, then I guess the problem lays in our very different concept of what a milker is
Like i said, what i said might have been over the top, and i dont think he is a milker, (or milk drinker if you play skyrim :D).
and okey i can go on about understanding them doesn't mean i take their side, wich you now can see i dont. and i guess i shouldnt have said that, ill give you that.

but seriously, lighten up on me okey?
I only meanth that i wanna hear about him and what keep him busy, mainly out of worry or out of support for him, when i heard the first time about peaple calling him a milker i didnt agree with him at all (unless he is a farmer, then he might be a milker, but that a different point all toghetter, and then you and i are on da wrong side of things, making braindrop laughing his arse off while he thinks, hehehehe they dont even know that i milk cows :D)

but enough about this dispute.
I am sorry for saying milker, or that i understand them, and i am sorry if i offended you in any way.

And for future replies from anyone else, no i dont want this game for free, i want the game, but i am willing to pay for it. but i dont have a creditcard, so even paypal is out of da question.
But would totaly be fine if i pay 10 euro (or more) for each episode he brings out if he desides to bring it out on steam.

OfficiallyGames

Game Developer
May 23, 2020
The wait is almost over, he says.
I wonder if it's worth the wait, I mean it can't bet that big, can it?
I'll just add it to the other 2 updates I didn't play, maybe that will help it's size.
Yes big is cool, make it big, bigger than big, the bigger the better
Biggest update yet, around 2000 renders so plentiful of content and play time. And considering you havent played last 2 updates then you will have loads of content. I think an entire ingame day.

Riggnarock

Jun 17, 2020
Biggest update yet, around 2000 renders so plentiful of content and play time. And considering you havent played last 2 updates then you will have loads of content. I think an entire ingame day.
Also. while the 1st day might be short in content. a moment with your future GF's, some basketball, a moment with ur mom, and a moment with your driver, and a few scene's in between. the last day so far is wayyyyyy longer, with way more moments so yeah you are getting alot of content, even without the update that comes out next NOTABROGAMEUNMANLYHUEVOS.

Reactions: OfficiallyGames

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
Like i said, what i said might have been over the top, and i dont think he is a milker, (or milk drinker if you play skyrim :D).
and okey i can go on about understanding them doesn't mean i take their side, wich you now can see i dont. and i guess i shouldnt have said that, ill give you that.

but seriously, lighten up on me okey?
I only meanth that i wanna hear about him and what keep him busy, mainly out of worry or out of support for him, when i heard the first time about peaple calling him a milker i didnt agree with him at all (unless he is a farmer, then he might be a milker, but that a different point all toghetter, and then you and i are on da wrong side of things, making braindrop laughing his arse off while he thinks, hehehehe they dont even know that i milk cows :D)

but enough about this dispute.
I am sorry for saying milker, or that i understand them, and i am sorry if i offended you in any way.

And for future replies from anyone else, no i dont want this game for free, i want the game, but i am willing to pay for it. but i dont have a creditcard, so even paypal is out of da question.
But would totaly be fine if i pay 10 euro (or more) for each episode he brings out if he desides to bring it out on steam.
it's OK, I wasn't offended, it's just that after all the stupid criticism we have read on here, I couldn't understand that you used this post of him to say you understand those calling him milker. But everything is solved now

Riggnarock

Jun 17, 2020
it's OK, I wasn't offended, it's just that after all the stupid criticism we have read on here, I couldn't understand that you used this post of him to say you understand those calling him milker. But everything is solved now
Thank you :D

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
In an attempt to limit the excessive number of "I'm new here, and I don't want to read through 2000+ pages of posts I will ask my question anyway"s

I would like to propose an albeit ridiculous suggestion, perhaps on the first post in the thread, include an area for FAQ's? And perhaps one of the trusted fans or mods can keep it updated?
Thanks for thinking about suggestions to clean up this thread to actual useful discussions, but unfortunately you miss one tiny point.

These users can't read. If they can't be bothered to look at the original post, at the mini-faq, or just one or two of the last pages of discussion, or use the search function, they will not look at your bullet points, or paragraph of text. The only thing that might work, would be a full screen of flashing text before everyone can post with the text:

***** WVM DOES NOT HAVE AND WILL NEVER HAVE INCEST, DON'T ASK *****
***** UPDATE WHEN IT IS READY, BEST ESTIMATE: 6/30/21 ******

That still won't work, who am I kidding.

And for all those accusing Braindrop of milking: He has paused his Patreon. Read this again. He has paused his Patreon. Meaning zero money coming in. He has done this many times, and even offered to give the latest release for free to any subscriber ever, even if it was last year, because of the delays, just as an act of goodwill. Because that is the kind of guy Braindrop is.

Milking = Charging supporters for a release without any intention of releasing it, just to get money as long as possible.

Normal development = Charging supporters, working on the game, and releasing occasionally, whether it is 1 month, 6 months, or longer. If you think releases are too slow, don't pledge.

Opposite of milking = Not-charging supporters for a release, and releasing anyway.

It is very obvious, so with all due respect to those that still accuse Braindrop, seriously stop. Braindrop is the exact opposite of the supposedly milking devs you are talking about.

Last edited:

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
Braindrop If you had a SubStar I would sub you. I might have to go to freakin' Patreon-shitzville and patron you just because you deserve patrons/subs more than 92% of the games on here. (Estimated - might be more accurate to be higher %)

Reactions: _13_

PrimeGuy

Dec 16, 2019
On interesting topics: What is the biggest mystery of WVM for you? For me it is: What happened to Penny's sweater? Or was this mystery solved and I just forgot about it?
For me it's just how bad did the MC beat Ryker. Like, is he in a coma? Is he dead? I feel like they're keeping the details from the MC for a reason.

Reactions: Oghmios1337
3.70 star(s) 642 Votes