OfficiallyGames

Game Developer
May 23, 2020
Great game but now that dev has a more active personal life, I fear the game will be closing down or end up with 1 update every 3 or 4 months. It is understandable especially when a baby comes along. Still sucks.
Been like that for the last few updates (3-4months). Also BD has said updates soon will contain multiple days (even a week) and only take a few month. So you get more content for the same amount of wait time.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Dev sure has a process .. and being happy and driven to bang out the renders from
a good place at home and also in the family, this has to get better. For everyone.

Reactions: tothadam1998

K18

Apr 19, 2018
MD27.png

Yo, it me.

Game / Dev related stuff:
- I'm back on track after that unfortunate week. I'm feeling amazing about my work flow and productivity lately. I feel really in tune with everything and am making minimal mistakes and everything is going smoothly. So really nothing to complain about.
:blush:

- Since this is a shorter mind drop I figure it's a good time to share this real quick. One source of frustration of mine has always been me struggling to keep up with some of the productivity numbers from the early days of WVM. It takes a lot more effort to reach those numbers and I've been susceptible to falling into a trap where I doubt myself and think I'm falling off or that my heart might not be in it as much as it once was. But the simple reality is that my renders have improved drastically and even though I have a lot more improving to do, what I do now takes a lot more time than it used to.
It used to just be me rendering a background and then posing the characters separately and being able to do 10+ poses with that same background. So outside of render times it was very little hands on work compared to now. I think with my current worklow and skills I could crank out 80+ renders a day if I reverted back to my beginner mode. Not really sure why I felt like sharing that tbh... guess it serves as a healthy reminder that self comparisons are pretty lame and can get toxic real quick and most of the time they're bullshit anyway.
:grin:

And also, I think I'm more in love with making this game than I've ever been. Nothing has really held my attention for 2 years before and I've never put this many hours into a single thing but I wake up every single day excited and giddy for what I'm going to make. Especially with everything I'm learning with blender... I'm super excited for what I can make in the future.

Renders made this prior week:
(11 days since last mind drop)

New - 168 renders and 2 animations
Week 1 redo - 115 renders and 0 animations
(Currently working through a tough to make scene in the redo)
My goal is 20 renders a day, accomplished 25 a day even though I'm working in a tough scene so I feel really good about that.

Personal related stuff:
- Really boring week as far as personal life is concerned. My wife had a minor injury while we were at the gym earlier this week so I've been helping her out and we haven't left the crib much while she heals up.

- Recently have gotten into the whole custom mechanical keyboards hobby and built my own. I miss my numpad, it's been 5 days and I still phantom type on it all the time.
:cry:

Upcoming content:
- Not upcoming but I put up the birthday renders on discord for tiers 1 and above. I decided to do 2 renders for each girl. So... so far there's been 8 total renders with 2 more coming on the 30th for Fyona. Here's an extra example

Vanessa2.png
(Vanessa's second render. The discord version is in 4K, patreon really kills the quality when I upload directly like this.)

- Updated Character Sheet
(Was supposed to be last week but was focused on making up some renders that I missed out on. Will be up early tomorrow.)(Will add Fyona, Ivory, and Yellow)

- Alanah polls
On Tuesday at noon est - Monthly render set Hopefully before the end of the month

- First Beta?
I said I'd have more concrete info last week but I'm afraid I don't have much to share today but I will have more to share soon.
I will say that the first beta will be a smaller one and it should be out soon but it will not be in August. I have all the renders and code, but there's some other things I have to work out that I cant talk about publicly yet.

- Next mind drop
Mind drops every Friday at noon est

Okay, that's all for this week.
:sunglasses:

Thank you guys so much for everything and I'll talk to you all soon.
Love you guys
:heart:

BTLD

Engaged Member
Sep 18, 2017
View attachment 1362479

Yo, it me.

Game / Dev related stuff:
- I'm back on track after that unfortunate week. I'm feeling amazing about my work flow and productivity lately. I feel really in tune with everything and am making minimal mistakes and everything is going smoothly. So really nothing to complain about.

- Since this is a shorter mind drop I figure it's a good time to share this real quick. One source of frustration of mine has always been me struggling to keep up with some of the productivity numbers from the early days of WVM. It takes a lot more effort to reach those numbers and I've been susceptible to falling into a trap where I doubt myself and think I'm falling off or that my heart might not be in it as much as it once was. But the simple reality is that my renders have improved drastically and even though I have a lot more improving to do, what I do now takes a lot more time than it used to.
It used to just be me rendering a background and then posing the characters separately and being able to do 10+ poses with that same background. So outside of render times it was very little hands on work compared to now. I think with my current worklow and skills I could crank out 80+ renders a day if I reverted back to my beginner mode. Not really sure why I felt like sharing that tbh... guess it serves as a healthy reminder that self comparisons are pretty lame and can get toxic real quick and most of the time they're bullshit anyway.

And also, I think I'm more in love with making this game than I've ever been. Nothing has really held my attention for 2 years before and I've never put this many hours into a single thing but I wake up every single day excited and giddy for what I'm going to make. Especially with everything I'm learning with blender... I'm super excited for what I can make in the future.

Renders made this prior week:
(11 days since last mind drop)

New - 168 renders and 2 animations
Week 1 redo - 115 renders and 0 animations
(Currently working through a tough to make scene in the redo)
My goal is 20 renders a day, accomplished 25 a day even though I'm working in a tough scene so I feel really good about that.

Personal related stuff:
- Really boring week as far as personal life is concerned. My wife had a minor injury while we were at the gym earlier this week so I've been helping her out and we haven't left the crib much while she heals up.

- Recently have gotten into the whole custom mechanical keyboards hobby and built my own. I miss my numpad, it's been 5 days and I still phantom type on it all the time.
:cry:

Upcoming content:
- Not upcoming but I put up the birthday renders on discord for tiers 1 and above. I decided to do 2 renders for each girl. So... so far there's been 8 total renders with 2 more coming on the 30th for Fyona. Here's an extra example

View attachment 1362480
(Vanessa's second render. The discord version is in 4K, patreon really kills the quality when I upload directly like this.)

- Updated Character Sheet
(Was supposed to be last week but was focused on making up some renders that I missed out on. Will be up early tomorrow.)(Will add Fyona, Ivory, and Yellow)

- Alanah polls
On Tuesday at noon est - Monthly render set Hopefully before the end of the month

- First Beta?
I said I'd have more concrete info last week but I'm afraid I don't have much to share today but I will have more to share soon.
I will say that the first beta will be a smaller one and it should be out soon but it will not be in August. I have all the renders and code, but there's some other things I have to work out that I cant talk about publicly yet.

- Next mind drop
Mind drops every Friday at noon est

Okay, that's all for this week.
:sunglasses:

Thank you guys so much for everything and I'll talk to you all soon.
Love you guys
:heart:

thank you friendo for letting us know :)

• Red Heart
Reactions: MadMonk and K18
3.70 star(s) 640 Votes