Sotak

Nov 9, 2017
As I understand it you aren't jumping from day 10 to 31. Its that all the events will have taken place over 31 days instead of 10
[/QUOTE

Yes, I am aware. And I made a statement along those lines in my comment, though some apparently didn't read that far. My point was that instead of releasing the rework first BD makes the player play through the original first "10 days" and then makes the matrix glitch and tosses them into the "new universe at day 32" with diolague and characters that don't fit without the 31 day rework (like, we knew Charles was gone but now we are supposed to just accept that the MC and everyone already knew that Lauren took over? Or what happened that now people aren't supposed to talk to the MC in the halls?)

BD handled the last couple updates wrong...that's all I was saying.

armion82

Message Maven
Mar 28, 2017
Nope, but back around the end of 2021 Braindrop did claim he had 2000+ renders completed. This was back when he was "debating" about one big update or several chunks. And he did the Patreon poll on it, etc. Instead we got the "beta" which was v0.10.0.1. Then it was back to radio silence, much more of the sky is falling "drama". Then more talk about about big update or small ones around April. Then the turd that is DITLO dropped. More months and just before a complete year had passed since the previous actual update (July 2021), we get the Season 2 bit.

For those with short memories, the July 2021 release was also delayed for almost a year, with the same debate on big release or small ones and Braindrop worried if it was up to snuff quality wise, with much of the delay "reworking" the renders, etc.

I don't doubt that Braindrop has gone through a lot the last couple of years, but he has been so dishonest during that time that it's really hard to believe anything he posts at this point. I can understand why some blindly accept what he says because they really want the game to continue and hopefully be finished. For Braindrop's sake, I hope he gets to finish it. He started this as a personal passion project, and it showed in the game, despite some ups and downs. I hope he recaptures that spark and joy from making the game and gets to finish it.
You mean 2000 is almost same thing as 8000?
You guys really have strange perception of maths.

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
In retrospect, reworking the whole game i think was a bad decision, but its easy to say now. Now the timeline will be a mess for at least 6 months, if we are lucky, but probably a lot more

Although, most of the reworks have been bad decisions from the Devs, specially when enough content is out already. I dont remember a single game with a succesful rework that was started after over a year of content

Kassan06969

Apr 14, 2022
In retrospect, reworking the whole game i think was a bad decision, but its easy to say now. Now the timeline will be a mess for at least 6 months, if we are lucky, but probably a lot more

Although, most of the reworks have been bad decisions from the Devs, specially when enough content is out already. I dont remember a single game with a succesful rework that was started after over a year of content

Nope, past about the 3rd release it's always a bad idea. Nobody wants to have to start over all the way from the beginning. Then the characters everyone liked get changed, etc. Recipe for disaster.

Reniere

Aug 5, 2019
Im only wondering about the second half of the update he mentioned. He said after this one he will be dropping another one which is the 400. one very soon that means either within days or within a weeks but not months so lets see about that one

Reactions: JGoat

leo_grouch

May 18, 2019
Dev should add a scenario where every female suddenly realizes that they have a duck face, and the MC sends them all for surgical correction, or they find out something was in their water that turns female faces into duck faces and they find a medication that fixes it.. As well as his lost sister suddenly bumping her head and falling unconscious, when waking she finds she has lost the ability to say BRU BRU anymore.

Last edited:

JoeAngel

Oct 16, 2020
Yup, you're the first person to ever even mention her. I don't think most people even realize he has a family.
hmm still it's sad though I mean She have the sun smile and the Ocean eyes and the warmth of kind soul

BeingADikDik

Engaged Member
Apr 17, 2021
Dev should add a scenario where every female suddenly realizes that they have a duck face, and the MC sends them all for surgical correction, or they find out something was in their water that turns female faces into duck faces and they find a medication that fixes it.. As well as his lost sister suddenly bumping her head and falling unconscious, when waking she finds she has lost the ability to say BRU BRU anymore.
Evil genie grants your wishes:
Botox goes wrong, all girls now have massive fish lips.
Cedeh now says UWU instead of BRU BRU.

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
It is by design. He had to rework the story. Otherwise he would have to actually make the effort to think of new content for the story. How else is he going to keep the donations coming indefinitely?

Sometimes the simplest explanation is the right one. Why do so many devs decide to rework their games after years of development? Less work, more money.

There are a small handful of devs (Caribdis, Philly, Perverteer, Daniels K, ILS Prod., Lockheart) that work on their games steadily, release on a reasonable schedule, and actually complete their games where it makes sense in the story, and then move on and make their next game. Rather than play games with the fans with reworks, repeated sudden illness, or non-sensical changes in the story to drag it out, etc, etc. These devs are worth their weight in gold.

Last edited:

Black Mamba24

Oct 7, 2018

'Shut up and Dance' is a good example where a rework was succesful and still going, check it out if you haven't yet. But I agree that it is pretty rare in general.

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
this game has stated and stands by ... there will not be incest in this game ... literally from day 1 :)

Reactions: affque
3.70 star(s) 642 Votes