Jondoen88

Jan 25, 2021
Much wind, no promises past "things sucked and we are fixing it" well that's better than not even acknowledging it at least so credit were credit is due.

Would of been nicer to get an itemized list of "What was promised and failed to deliver on" so we can be unambiguously be on the same page instead of what feels like a full unmasked brushing under the rug event.

So again, more detail on what exactly is being asked forgiveness for.

Again hearing claims of said threats and bullying but no show of such rancor. Forgive me if I also call this claim wind but no proof, no pudding.

Even the most rancorous of this thread has been of promises broken and disappointment with yes, unkind words and uncharitable terms used, but not threat grade.

Now, here's the situation in a reductive nutshell. We waited 2y for a main game update, when it did FINALLY drop, it was only a month's effort shown (200 or so new renders) that's not worth the amount of even lip service I've given. Even charitable to say 1y for 1m work is still simply too little and far far too late.

You want people to believe again now that ~180K USD ish has been pissed away and the player base is generally pissed enough. I'm not sure how much accountability the paypigs want but I wouldn't be surprised if this has a "huh, well it ain't nothing" grade response. No hype, no disappointment. Just "oh the officials said a thing"

More Show, Less Tell. Show us plans, show us progress, show us with beta releases. Keep the paypigs happy or else you'll have an Animal Farm on your hands.

Recommendations...
Itemized Task List? Public Trello/Jira/Github?
Monthly Beta?

Side Content is "fine" but considering the shitstorm the last major "side content" was that MIGHT need to be downplayed until a reasonable cadence is shown (like 3 betas or a major release) cause right now BD hasn't proven he can handle doing side content while maintaining main game cadence. If there were more cooks in the kitchen or an explanation of why this happened would also go far. Or a plan that shows how work is going to be divided up to allow progress on both ends but slower.

Vernalcash

May 20, 2017
even if ppl are talking in a way that they are directly addressing the PR person, it still reaches its destination aka to the intended person.

im pretty sure both BD and MacKenzie are reading this.
Why would BD hire someone to interact with the fanbase then continue to interact with the fanbase himself? I don't think he's reading anything and I really hope he's not since it seems to have a very negative effect on his mental health.

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
even if ppl are talking in a way that they are directly addressing the PR person, it still reaches its destination aka to the intended person.

im pretty sure both BD and MacKenzie are reading this.
If they are different people, then at least MacKenzie should be reading it.

Even if they dont like it, this is the biggest forum where this game is being discussed, and ignoring such a place would be another huge mistake

Staying with Patreon echo-chamber where everyone that says something slightly differenty to what they like is banned as the only feedback is setting the Titanic in direct course to the iceberg

Hellster

Engaged Member
May 18, 2019
Why would BD hire someone to interact with the fanbase then continue to interact with the fanbase himself? I don't think he's reading anything and I really hope he's not since it seems to have a very negative effect on his mental health.
When it comes to making AVN's (or any game for that matter), devs need to be able to deal with a certain level of criticism/flac, because if they can't, then they won't be around for long.
They could make the greatest game in the world but there will always be someone who doesn't like it/has some criticism, so they need to be able to deal with it.

Eticketjedi

Jul 15, 2022
When it comes to making AVN's (or any game for that matter), devs need to be able to deal with a certain level of criticism/flac, because if they can't, then they won't be around for long.
They could make the greatest game in the world but there will always be someone who doesn't like it/has some criticism, so they need to be able to deal with it.
If they can't handle criticism and vitriol, and not everyone can, then they should at least hire or delegate someone to handle it for them.... wait...

BeingADikDik

Engaged Member
Apr 17, 2021
unless of course he's into that kind of thing. Ironic if F95 could become the kink itself for some devs. Actually, that gives me an idea for a new meta genre ...

bluetack_man

Nov 25, 2016
Feels like a rug-sweep.

"Forget everything that was said previously" - but, no?

Honestly reads like a big reset button has been pressed, and they want to just rewind to a year and half ago and start from there. Any content that was days away from being released just gone?

Some kind of bullet point planned list of things to work on would be really good, like other devs do in their update posts.

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
Feels like a rug-sweep.

"Forget everything that was said previously" - but, no?

Honestly reads like a big reset button has been pressed, and they want to just rewind to a year and half ago and start from there. Any content that was days away from being released just gone?

Some kind of bullet point planned list of things to work on would be really good, like other devs do in their update posts.
This. Braindrop said he had 400 renders that were 3-4 days away from being completed (and i am not even talking about the 2k renders "almost completed"). That was over a month ago. And now they want to pretend everything said should be forgotten?

snakeplisskin

Mar 19, 2018
This. Braindrop said he had 400 renders that were 3-4 days away from being completed (and i am not even talking about the 2k renders "almost completed"). That was over a month ago. And now they want to pretend everything said should be forgotten?
Regardless i wouldnt want to be his PR person, they are in a show dont tell sitution. There isnt any trust left in words they need to show us with updates that the game is back on track to start rebuildng trust

kcaldw

Feb 19, 2021
The old now you see it now you don't maneuver. Or is it the what you were told was all a figment of your imagination kinda deal? As far as I'm concerned everything that BD and his lackey have been communicating is just BS until they actually put out an update to appease the fans who were promised updates and got shit. Until that happens I won't believe a single word out of anyone involved with BD. But it's also gonna take a lot to win back the trust of all the fans that BD has been shunning and pissing off for all these months I hope that he and his lackey both understand that and try to make things right.

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
Hiring a PR person to manage some of the communication is fine and all. But what BD needs is someone to manage himself and hold him accountable. That's the only way a "sense of accountability" will be achieved.

Normally, that role could be his patrons. But seeing how his discord and patreon are echo-chambers, as multiple people have posted their critiques/questions got deleted, that isn't possible.

That is the opposite of having a sense of accountability. In order to have a sense of accountability, there has to be actual consequences.

Pause payments. Hire a project manager who'll post the 2k update that was supposedly already done and enforce the deadlines. Make yourself a work schedule. Get into a routine. Provide proof of what you're doing, not just the usual personal diary logs.

StantheMan69

Aug 10, 2017

View attachment 2003339

Hello all!

There has been a lot happening behind the scenes and I'm here to tell you about some of it.
First off, let me introduce myself.

I'm Mackenzie. (Actually, that's my real name.)

Braindrop has hired me to be his community manager and it's nice to meet all of you.

I will be the one making all of the posts as well as answering any questions that I can. Additionally, I have some other roles that we'll get into later in this post.

Let us start with explaining our plan for these Mind Drops going forward.

Mind Drops

With Braindrop stepping away from his public role to focus on the game, you may be left wondering how we plan on keeping you all informed on the progress of his development.

Our current plan is to have bi-weekly Mind Drops. (So the next one will be on September 7th)
In these posts I will relay the information I have received from Braindrop about how much he has accomplished as well as any relevant info that needs to be shared.

We intend to share the usual as far as render counts and such but we also plan to add additional things like detailing a lot of the work that can go unnoticed.

We want to keep this first Mind Drop relatively short so we can focus on the necessary information but in the following one we plan on showing a lot of the work that went into making the background characters for the upcoming basketball game.

Updates

So, let me be blunt.
One huge thing that Braindrop made clear to me when offering me this role was that he did not want a PR person to hand wave away all of the mistakes that have been made and all future mistakes.

His words were that he wanted someone to "Keep it real".

A big fear of his was that if he stepped away he would lose a lot of "pressure" or "sense of accountability".

So, a big part of my job is holding him accountable to the things we've discussed and planned out behind the scenes.

Let's be honest. As far as the update schedule has gone... it's been awful. I know it, you know it, Braindrop knows it.
That goes for game updates as well as side content.

We have both sat down and planned out the next few months.
Another role of mine is helping organize out the files and what not for the updates. I've been given access to all of the files for Days 32-38.

Our plans change mostly everything that had been stated before. So forget everything that was said previously. We feel it is best to start fresh.

We will share that our plan is to start small but consistent to build up some momentum.

We will not be sharing any release dates yet... but be on the lookout for something very soon.

Side Content

Our plan is to get start releasing side content again sooner rather than later.
Birthday renders and client polls will be starting back very soon.

We also plan on adding a few different things that won't take much time away from development. Things such as "Additional teasers" posts as well as more silly things like hair swap renders.

There are a few other side things in the works but our focus is on getting the main game back up and running before delving any further into side things.

One final note on side content is that the Character Sheets will be updated after Days 32-38 are finished and released. They will be updated to the end of Day 38 and the intention is to update them after every in-game week.

Thanks for reading

That's all we have to share for this first Mind Drop.

We do apologize for how long this took to get out, there were plenty of issues with granting me access to the patreon and SS accounts. Things won't take as long moving forward.

We understand the situation we are in and how we're perceived right now. Our goal right now is just to get back on track however we can. Braindrop and I are forever grateful for all of the support through some of his worst times.

It's a new day and we want to fix things.

More soon.

Thank you guys and it's nice to meet you all. I will do my best to answer any questions you may have.
I am sorry to say I can't help but laugh at the comment about "pressure" or "sense of accountability" I think the last time he felt any pressure or accountability was over a year ago or more. Hell I kind of think he hasn't felt any since his patreon started to grow. Just my opinion, I'll check back in 6 to 12 month from now maybe the update we was suppose to get in a few days will finally be release as a part 1 of 2 cutting it in half update.

3.70 star(s) 642 Votes