jasont123

Aug 14, 2020

View attachment 2003339

Hello all!

There has been a lot happening behind the scenes and I'm here to tell you about some of it.
First off, let me introduce myself.

I'm Mackenzie. (Actually, that's my real name.)

Braindrop has hired me to be his community manager and it's nice to meet all of you.

I will be the one making all of the posts as well as answering any questions that I can. Additionally, I have some other roles that we'll get into later in this post.

Let us start with explaining our plan for these Mind Drops going forward.

Mind Drops

With Braindrop stepping away from his public role to focus on the game, you may be left wondering how we plan on keeping you all informed on the progress of his development.

Our current plan is to have bi-weekly Mind Drops. (So the next one will be on September 7th)
In these posts I will relay the information I have received from Braindrop about how much he has accomplished as well as any relevant info that needs to be shared.

We intend to share the usual as far as render counts and such but we also plan to add additional things like detailing a lot of the work that can go unnoticed.

We want to keep this first Mind Drop relatively short so we can focus on the necessary information but in the following one we plan on showing a lot of the work that went into making the background characters for the upcoming basketball game.

Updates

So, let me be blunt.
One huge thing that Braindrop made clear to me when offering me this role was that he did not want a PR person to hand wave away all of the mistakes that have been made and all future mistakes.

His words were that he wanted someone to "Keep it real".

A big fear of his was that if he stepped away he would lose a lot of "pressure" or "sense of accountability".

So, a big part of my job is holding him accountable to the things we've discussed and planned out behind the scenes.

Let's be honest. As far as the update schedule has gone... it's been awful. I know it, you know it, Braindrop knows it.
That goes for game updates as well as side content.

We have both sat down and planned out the next few months.
Another role of mine is helping organize out the files and what not for the updates. I've been given access to all of the files for Days 32-38.

Our plans change mostly everything that had been stated before. So forget everything that was said previously. We feel it is best to start fresh.

We will share that our plan is to start small but consistent to build up some momentum.

We will not be sharing any release dates yet... but be on the lookout for something very soon.

Side Content

Our plan is to get start releasing side content again sooner rather than later.
Birthday renders and client polls will be starting back very soon.

We also plan on adding a few different things that won't take much time away from development. Things such as "Additional teasers" posts as well as more silly things like hair swap renders.

There are a few other side things in the works but our focus is on getting the main game back up and running before delving any further into side things.

One final note on side content is that the Character Sheets will be updated after Days 32-38 are finished and released. They will be updated to the end of Day 38 and the intention is to update them after every in-game week.

Thanks for reading

That's all we have to share for this first Mind Drop.

We do apologize for how long this took to get out, there were plenty of issues with granting me access to the patreon and SS accounts. Things won't take as long moving forward.

We understand the situation we are in and how we're perceived right now. Our goal right now is just to get back on track however we can. Braindrop and I are forever grateful for all of the support through some of his worst times.

It's a new day and we want to fix things.

More soon.

Thank you guys and it's nice to meet you all. I will do my best to answer any questions you may have.
It's good to finally get an update, but this Mind Drop seems no different than the ones prior.

"It's a new day and we want to fix things"... that's great, but actions speak louder than words and we've still yet to see over 2,000 promised renders, not to mention the 400 render update that was supposed to be released just a few days after this recent update. If you want to fix things, let's see all the work that's been done this year because we're still waiting for it months later.

"We intend to share the usual as far as render counts and such but we also plan to add additional things like detailing a lot of the work that can go unnoticed". I don't think sharing the amount of renders is a good idea for a good few reasons. BD has a damn long history of saying he has 100s to over 2,000 renders ready to go for an update, but yet, nearly a year later, we've barley seen 1/5 of the renders that were said to be made. Start releasing updates with the renders before continuing to say as an example: "200 renders were made this week which brings the total of the update to 750 renders". We're still waiting on over 2,000 renders so saying that more and more renders are being made gives people no reason to start believing you. We need to see the renders; see an update. The amount of renders "created" can very well be a lie, and from BDs history, they're likely no where to be found. And I don't think you should be sharing "work that goes un noticed" either; you're just going to give people more fuel to add to the flames, because at this point, there is no work being produced! Just an image here, and one there, a message once in a blue moon with false promises, we need to SEE an actual update. If you do intend to share the render count, start updating WVM to prove that BD isn't breaking his word for the hundredth time... Like I said, actions speak louder than words

"So forget everything that was said previously. We feel it is best to start fresh'. Of course BD wants people to forget everything, this years development of WVM has been in layman's term... a complete shit show. People can't exactly forget what BD has said time and time again for months, it doesn't work that way. You have to build back trust before asking people to forgive BD for breaking his word numerous times. Once BD has regained the trust of WVMs following is when you can start asking for people to give BD a break.

So basically the Mind Drop says to continue to support BD while getting nothing to show for it. It looks like very little is changing with BDs new "community manager". I hope to be proven wrong; I hope that we get an update and we can start believing in BDs word again, but that will take a lot of time and a lot of ACTION. We don't want to read the same crap every other week, we want to SEE updates, whether they're small or large, we want to KNOW for a FACT that BD is actually working on WVM.

TarikDB

Feb 24, 2018
A year ago BD said a lot was already done, excuses after another and then finally some side story got posted, dont think many wanted or asked for it? I personally never played i didnt see the point.
And now he hired someone and sent all the files to him/her/it? but not release it to his paying fans?
What worries me most is this mind drops BS and more side content..
They say it like its good news.

Lord Bradley

May 28, 2019
So at genre it says Cheating (avoidable). Could someone please tell me if it is MC who cheats on someone or the girl you can be involved with can cheat on you? And if so which character/-s are for this. Thanks in advance for any info! :)

Settum

Jan 10, 2019
So at genre it says Cheating (avoidable). Could someone please tell me if it is MC who cheats on someone or the girl you can be involved with can cheat on you? And if so which character/-s are for this. Thanks in advance for any info! :)
If someone cheats on you there's usually the ntr or cuck tag. In the very first chapter, if I remember correctly, MC gets a suggestion from his girlfriend... from then on you can choose to cheat on her or not.

Lord Bradley

May 28, 2019
If someone cheats on you there's usually the ntr or cuck tag. In the very first chapter, if I remember correctly, MC gets a suggestion from his girlfriend... from then on you can choose to cheat on her or not.
Tags are often inaccurate to be honest. For a game that initials are ORS cheating tag is for both male and female parties. So I always like to ask people that played the game for some tag info just to be clear. Thanks for info :)

Steinchen

Mar 3, 2017
1st. no girl the mc decides to be in a relationship with will ever cheat on him they cling to him like he is the only male left on earth.

2nd. the cheating happens only once when you decide to fool around with shauna behind jamies back.later when jamie gets to hook him up with other girls they will confess to jamie,but she knew it already because she saw them.After that he gets to bang everybody he wants,as long his main girlfriends Jamie and Shauna knows and aproves of them.

something like that happend if i remember correctly.Don´t know if it will still be like that AFTER or when the rework is finally out (if it will ever be),but for now it goes like that.

Reactions: Lord Bradley

mupp778

Sep 22, 2017
So don't know if anyone else has mentioned it yet, but what are the odds that the MC in the game and BD would both end up with a media/pr person by the name of Mackenzie? Honestly I think BD is taking the mickey yet again. And having read the post from the 24th, well it just seemed like BD word for word to me. Well thats my take on it.

mightybored

Jul 5, 2021
Their name is probably not Mackenzie IRL, it's just for the sake of this project. They probably want their ID a bit of a better kept secret since this isn't technically their project.

bluetack_man

Nov 25, 2016
So don't know if anyone else has mentioned it yet, but what are the odds that the MC in the game and BD would both end up with a media/pr person by the name of Mackenzie? Honestly I think BD is taking the mickey yet again. And having read the post from the 24th, well it just seemed like BD word for word to me. Well thats my take on it.
Its almost definitely a psudonym, Mackenzie is not their real name. That said, it absolutely could just be BD... I'm not saying it is, and I think its early days. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt, mostly cuz I just don't care anymore.

I wonder what the next blog post will say, because the last one pretty much covered everything up to now. The next post has to contain new information (what BD is working on, number of renders, etc.). The last post has said everything, theres nothing new to say at this point, unless the update specifically mentions what hes working on.

Riggnarock

Jun 17, 2020
Hey what happens if you refuse to have sex with Rachael when you meet her first in the meeting room when waiting for Azel?

I know how the game turns out since ive played it before but ive always felt that cheating on Jamie with Rachael like that is just stupid and nonsensical and the "excuse" for him being ok with it is that he is learning things so that the first time with Jamie will be better? Oh please ... .

So, if you refuse her, does that mean you dont get to have fun with her in the game? What about the "jobs" she'll be giving you? Is there another point further into the game where you can revisit this decision if you refuse her at the beginning?
if you refuse her in the beginning there is only 1 thing you miss, and that is banging ur future lawyer, aside from that once Jamie alows you to date Shauna, Rachael will learn about it and offers you the same deal, only then Jamie increases ur income directly and makes the deal much to your favor.

and you still get to have fun with her after that.

but let me point out.
the straith path = missing out on sex with Anna, ur future lawyer (the one that bails you out of jail).
= Alexis: Sex scene in the toilets
= Shauna: same as Alexis, some missed sex scene's but you get her eventualy as well.
= Rachael: Some sex scene's but you'll get her eventualy as well.
= Katie: A missed sex scene, but you get another chance with her.

In case you want to have those sex scene's simply cheat, if not then stay loyal untill Jamie gives you the All Clear,
There is one major downside to cheating though, Alexis might not be as tight lipped, so if Jamie or her mom finds out about the cheating, it might be that the end of the Jamie path, for her mom will obviously have no trouble convincing Jamie to come with her then, seeing you cheated on her.

This all is offcourse in the hands of Braindrop, he might choose to get some payback for all the negative posts in here and create some heavy drama instory, or he may not.

Riggnarock

Jun 17, 2020

View attachment 2003339

Hello all!

There has been a lot happening behind the scenes and I'm here to tell you about some of it.
First off, let me introduce myself.

I'm Mackenzie. (Actually, that's my real name.)

Braindrop has hired me to be his community manager and it's nice to meet all of you.

I will be the one making all of the posts as well as answering any questions that I can. Additionally, I have some other roles that we'll get into later in this post.

Let us start with explaining our plan for these Mind Drops going forward.

Mind Drops

With Braindrop stepping away from his public role to focus on the game, you may be left wondering how we plan on keeping you all informed on the progress of his development.

Our current plan is to have bi-weekly Mind Drops. (So the next one will be on September 7th)
In these posts I will relay the information I have received from Braindrop about how much he has accomplished as well as any relevant info that needs to be shared.

We intend to share the usual as far as render counts and such but we also plan to add additional things like detailing a lot of the work that can go unnoticed.

We want to keep this first Mind Drop relatively short so we can focus on the necessary information but in the following one we plan on showing a lot of the work that went into making the background characters for the upcoming basketball game.

Updates

So, let me be blunt.
One huge thing that Braindrop made clear to me when offering me this role was that he did not want a PR person to hand wave away all of the mistakes that have been made and all future mistakes.

His words were that he wanted someone to "Keep it real".

A big fear of his was that if he stepped away he would lose a lot of "pressure" or "sense of accountability".

So, a big part of my job is holding him accountable to the things we've discussed and planned out behind the scenes.

Let's be honest. As far as the update schedule has gone... it's been awful. I know it, you know it, Braindrop knows it.
That goes for game updates as well as side content.

We have both sat down and planned out the next few months.
Another role of mine is helping organize out the files and what not for the updates. I've been given access to all of the files for Days 32-38.

Our plans change mostly everything that had been stated before. So forget everything that was said previously. We feel it is best to start fresh.

We will share that our plan is to start small but consistent to build up some momentum.

We will not be sharing any release dates yet... but be on the lookout for something very soon.

Side Content

Our plan is to get start releasing side content again sooner rather than later.
Birthday renders and client polls will be starting back very soon.

We also plan on adding a few different things that won't take much time away from development. Things such as "Additional teasers" posts as well as more silly things like hair swap renders.

There are a few other side things in the works but our focus is on getting the main game back up and running before delving any further into side things.

One final note on side content is that the Character Sheets will be updated after Days 32-38 are finished and released. They will be updated to the end of Day 38 and the intention is to update them after every in-game week.

Thanks for reading

That's all we have to share for this first Mind Drop.

We do apologize for how long this took to get out, there were plenty of issues with granting me access to the patreon and SS accounts. Things won't take as long moving forward.

We understand the situation we are in and how we're perceived right now. Our goal right now is just to get back on track however we can. Braindrop and I are forever grateful for all of the support through some of his worst times.

It's a new day and we want to fix things.

More soon.

Thank you guys and it's nice to meet you all. I will do my best to answer any questions you may have.
Well I for one am delighted with this news, and its nice to meet you as well Mackenzie.
I for one agree that if he spends less time reading all these comments he'll be able to focus more on his work, and yeah lets face it, everyone bogging down on him won't make it any more fun for him to continu especialy with the negative time he had in the past 2 years.

What i do wanna know, and if you can relay this question to him, will his work end up on Steam?
There are several other Ren'py's out there, Being a Dik, Leap of Faith and several others as well, and I for one would love to see WVM in that list as well.
and if he needs an incentive for doing so, well it means a extra form of income, an extra push to actualy Hold him accountable just like you're doing for him now.
Plus I don't have a creditcard, so it means I rely on iDeal here in holland, and steam supports that.

Last but not least, i know that braindrop had a difficult time the last 2 years, and it kinda showed in WVM as well, the big fight that i was worried about before it even happened, heck everyone even said, no he is a pushover, he doesnt have the power, dont worry about it, but it happened anyways, just as i feared.
Will WVM reflect more positive times now as well seeing things are looking up for Braindrop?

Greetings Riggnarock.

3.70 star(s) 642 Votes