Eticketjedi

Jul 15, 2022
Mind Drop #49 (09/07/2022)

More promises with no intention of keeping.

But they want the money up front, right?
I mean, she specifically says the opposite regarding money.
It's clear that they expect people to be skeptical and instead of the usual 'just hold on' bs, they're telling people to stop paying if they want to. Remember, the supporter/patron is in control of the money. If you're paying for something and you're not happy with it, then pull the plug. I'm not supporting BD but I may consider it if this actually starts to turn around.

I get the skepticism in thinking that the posts are made by someone new as well, though I personally believe it for a number of reasons. I don't really care either way. Communication is better than none, and so far they're holding to the schedule they set. I've done a ton of customer service work and most of this feels like an actual professional trying to help restore someone's reputation.

As for the render count, I don't know. I've seen a few devs post numbers that don't add up. I've been following one that took a year to update and didn't include most of the content that was previewed during the year. They never addressed why either. If I was to guess, in BD's case at least, I would guess that he trashed the work at some point. It's also likely there wasn't anything to begin with, like some have surmised. I think though that he started to have his breakdown or whatever you want to call it midway through the work and just trashed it. I doubt we'll ever know.

AlexTorch

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2017
A lot of those members have moved to a safe environment where we don't get posts deleted by mods, and don't have to look at the hate getting worse and worse.
The main problem was in the past there was a lot of knights here, and i mean a lot, you cannot say anything bad from the dev that where as a fuck ton of facepalms and people defending him even when he was wrong.

Jun 30, 2020
There is far too much whining on this thread. It’s simple, if you’re tired of waiting for updates, stop your pledge and find other games to enjoy. Then if a significant amount of progress is eventually released and you’re happy with them, THEN make a payment or two here and there that represents your perceived value of what you’re receiving. People here are way too involved with speculating “what’s REALLY going on” with BD. I suggest don’t worry about it. As far as the thousands of completed renders my guess is that he got analysis paralysis figuring out the direction of the story so instead of planning he kept creating images that he thought might possibly fit somewhere eventually, confusing activity with productivity. Is Mackenzie real? Who cares? If it’s really just BD, but having an imaginary friend is helping him to get organized or to cope with his self-inflicted pressure, then so be it.

Just lighten up and move on everyone. Set your expectations to nothing for all games on here, and then be surprised when something does get released. But please stop sending money to devs based on what you hope they may do someday, or to devs you’re not happy with. You’re just torturing yourself doing that. And don’t even spend too much time on threads like this. I only jump on this thread about once a month out of curiosity, but I never expect anything new. I’ve probably paid a total of $300 to various devs over the past two years and it was only AFTER I had enjoyed an entire game or a major release.

unavailable777

May 9, 2018
There is far too much whining on this thread. It’s simple, if you’re tired of waiting for updates, stop your pledge and find other games to enjoy. Then if a significant amount of progress is eventually released and you’re happy with them, THEN make a payment or two here and there that represents your perceived value of what you’re receiving. People here are way too involved with speculating “what’s REALLY going on” with BD. I suggest don’t worry about it. As far as the thousands of completed renders my guess is that he got analysis paralysis figuring out the direction of the story so instead of planning he kept creating images that he thought might possibly fit somewhere eventually, confusing activity with productivity. Is Mackenzie real? Who cares? If it’s really just BD, but having an imaginary friend is helping him to get organized or to cope with his self-inflicted pressure, then so be it.

Just lighten up and move on everyone. Set your expectations to nothing for all games on here, and then be surprised when something does get released. But please stop sending money to devs based on what you hope they may do someday, or to devs you’re not happy with. You’re just torturing yourself doing that. And don’t even spend too much time on threads like this. I only jump on this thread about once a month out of curiosity, but I never expect anything new. I’ve probably paid a total of $300 to various devs over the past two years and it was only AFTER I had enjoyed an entire game or a major release.
Agreed

armion82

Message Maven
Mar 28, 2017

I seriously doubt,even half of the complaining people, are really supporting the dev.
So sadly stop paying won't work:)

3.70 star(s) 642 Votes