May 15, 2022
He said one more week in November :ROFLMAO:. Seems like whenever something happens to him all his renders for the update vanish. Where the hell did those "over 2000 renders" go? Oh well, let's see what excuse he comes up with next.
I looked into my crystal ball and found the next excuse.

Braindrop just watched The Notebook and was so sad and upset from it that he ripped out his hard drive to help his mood.

StantheMan69

Aug 10, 2017
Wow, I'm so shocked! He's delayed the update yet again for completely nonsensical reasons, who would have thought?

Literally in the last update they said they picked this date because they were sure it'd work and they made sure to carefully choose it so that it'd go along with their schedule. It's actually insane that this update was supposed to come out mid-November and is still being pushed further into February. Braindrop banned me from his Discord for claiming that this exact thing would happen.

They're trying to spin this as "it's not a long delay so it's not that big of a deal" well I remember the time in November when they said the game would be done in another week and after that week was up, they said it'd only be a few more days. Now it's almost February and we yet again have no release date and will be lucky if this update comes out this year at all. It's actually sad that everyone was able to see this coming from a mile away because the developer is seriously just that untrustworthy. If you're still subscribed, unsubscribe. The update isn't coming out any time soon so you might as well cancel your subscription and save your money.
But...But...But... It needed to be done now because he is at that point in the rework of week 1 as it effects the current update. Good old BD and his excuses. To everyone it would probably be better to just ignore everything BD and Mac has to say. Update will come when they come. BD has kind of became a joke and his post are more entertaining than his game anymore. Wonder what will be the next excuse. Tune in same BD time, Same BD channel.

not even pausing pledges recently when he obviously couldnt work on his game if he was hospitalized, no accountability whatsoever
He has already stated he needs the pledges to support his family. So yeah of course he isn't going to pause them. Secondly this is a passion project (Not a Job) to BD. So no one should hold him to his word on update releases statements. Nor criticize him on if he is working on the game, out having fun, or deathly ill in the hostpital.

Braindead can't even keep up with yearly small updates, how could he possibly manage weekly small updates???
So true :( Back in July we was suppose to get 4 update around 400 renders each that was part of the update for December 2021. Think we got two of those updates over 3 months period. Now it looks like it back to excuses until July this year.

Last edited:

bluetack_man

Nov 25, 2016
So true :( Back in July we was suppose to get 4 update around 400 renders each that was part of the update for December 2021. Think we got two of those updates over 3 months period. Now it looks like it back to excuses until July this year.
Just to refresh you on the timeline.

BD announced a big 2k update which was "days away from being ready" in March 2022. This was the update which was originally scheduled for release end of 2021, but was delayed for numerous reasons.

This was was "chunked" down into 5x400 updates, which would be released monthly starting from July 2022. The first of these 5x400 chunks was a 359 render update released in July 2022 (this was the first update to the game since October 2021). The second chunk was a 351 update released in September 2022. The third was a 428 update released October 2022. The fourth was planned for 19th November, rescheduled to 26th January after a 2 month no-contact period, and has now been rescheduled again.

Since October 2021 there has been 3 updates, totalling 1138 renders. Its not terrible, but its a long way from what his patreons have been paying for.

Edit: If Patreon earning tracking websites are correct (which tbf they probably aren't), BD has earned between $112,000 - $320,000 since October 2021 for 1138 renders of released content. Let that sink in.

Last edited:

kcaldw

Feb 19, 2021
Some of these comments to BD are classic it just keeps getting better and better. It shows that fans are truly pissed at his scamming BS. But it ain't going to mean shit to BD (McKenzie) mainly due to the simple fact that there are some fans (fucktards) who are willing to continue to support his scamming ass. Until this changes he will continue to come up with excuses and delays forever.

Individual

Oct 4, 2022
Seems like the majority of people have finally caught on to his stupidity. Sad that there are still a few people who are waiting on an update that's been delayed for years now. People keep thinking it's going to be out any day now, it's not. Dude has been working on this update for years now, it's not coming.

I can almost guarantee in a week Braindrop will find an excuse to push the update into March and then in March he'll come up with a genius excuse as to why he won't be able to release it in April. Then in April he'll set a release date for the first half of May. In May, he'll say he decided to retexture the basketball used in the exhibition game so he'll have to remake like half the update and he'll need like two more months and will claim that'll it come out in August. In August he'll release like 200 renders and introduce his new sidekick "Rachel" who is going to be working alongside Mackenzie Braindrop to ensure he gets the rest of the update out. Then he'll go radio silent for a while and in the beginning of January he'll make more empty promises of finally getting back on track with his new team of Rachel Braindrop, Mackenzie Braindrop, and Braindrop. How do I know this is what will happen? Because he pulled the same stunt last year. If he does it for long enough new people will find the game and won't remember what happened the year before and the cycle will continue.

Braindrop must really hate his wife and son. He's risking his income source by being lazy and indecisive year after year. Eventually people will start unsubscribing more and more. I'm sure this delay has upset even his most devout cult members. Maybe he'll start releasing content when enough people unsubscribe and he loses the ability to feed his child.

Last edited:

swills13

May 4, 2019
Seems like the majority of people have finally caught on to his stupidity. Sad that there are still a few people who are waiting on an update that's been delayed for years now. People keep thinking it's going to be out any day now, it's not. Dude has been working on this update for years now, it's not coming.

I can almost guarantee in a week Braindrop will find an excuse to push the update into March and then in March he'll come up with a genius excuse as to why he won't be able to release it in April. Then in April he'll set a release date for the first half of May. In May, he'll say he decided to retexture the basketball used in the exhibition game so he'll have to remake like half the update and he'll need like two more months and will claim that'll it come out in August. In August he'll release like 200 renders and introduce his new sidekick "Rachel" who is going to be working alongside Mackenzie Braindrop to ensure he gets the rest of the update out. Then he'll go radio silent for a while and in the beginning of January he'll make more empty promises of finally getting back on track with his new team of Rachel Braindrop, Mackenzie Braindrop, and Braindrop. How do I know this is what will happen? Because he pulled the same stunt last year. If he does it for long enough new people will find the game and won't remember what happened the year before and the cycle will continue.

Braindrop must really hate his wife and son. He's risking his income source by being lazy and indecisive year after year. Eventually people will start unsubscribing more and more. I'm sure this delay has upset even his most devout cult members. Maybe he'll start releasing content when enough people unsubscribe and he loses the ability to feed his child.
It's bold of you to assume that Braindrop's wife and son exist. I am 99% sure they were made up to give him a series of ready-made excuses for why the releases are delayed.

Fragmandk

Game Developer
Jul 3, 2017
It's bold of you to assume that Braindrop's wife and son exist. I am 99% sure they were made up to give him a series of ready-made excuses for why the releases are delayed.
I think everything is made up and was there not suppose to drop an update on January 26 or did he forget to post it or he is gonna move the release date again :D

Noid42

May 19, 2018
When I was young and had to do homework I really didn't want to do, i'd do pretty much ANYTHING else.
I'd sit there and draw, sit and spin around in an office chair, walk around my room and mess with random things. just ANYTHING over doing my homework.

This is what is happening in a long ass while around here.
It started with reworking the first week, which is honestly reasonable as long as it doesn't take more time and effort than creating a new VN.
Then we got DITLO, which not a single person asked for or wanted, but we got it, which could have been fine if it wasn't delivered instead of a 2K renders update that was supposed to be out 10 months earlier.
Now it's interior decoration time! WOHOOO!! again, something that might have been reasonable if everything else went great, or even just ok.

BD does not want to do his homework and it should be pretty clear at this point, he'll do ANYTHING over actually progressing with the story. it might be because he have no desire to develop WVM anymore, or maybe because he can't find a way to move out of the corner he wrote himself into story-wise, personally I think it's both.
I don't think he has bad intentions at all, but it's obvious he can't and or does not want to work on WVM anymore, but can't bring himself to let it go. after all the backlash he was pretty much forced to try and deal with things and still, here we are.
If you don't see it, I'm not sure what to tell you.
If you keep supporting this, well, that's your money, good for you.

3.70 star(s) 639 Votes