preglovr12

Salt is a Way of Life
May 1, 2018
I've said it before and I'll say it again. I think it would be better for the game and also for his mentality to rework the first part of the game before he starts bringing more content after the "big update".
While this may seem like the obvious choice to most of us, working on the rework for Braindrop is an admittance of failure. With him moving forward as if everyone's played the rework, he can have his cake and eat it too. He likely views working on the rework as going back and "wasting time" putting out "old" content despite the fact that's the logical choice.

Easylovin84

Jul 2, 2022
While this may seem like the obvious choice to most of us, working on the rework for Braindrop is an admittance of failure. With him moving forward as if everyone's played the rework, he can have his cake and eat it too. He likely views working on the rework as going back and "wasting time" putting out "old" content despite the fact that's the logical choice.
Also wasn't part of the reason for the rework to break apart the days so the weren't so long? Then it would pick up on the current day that is still only halfway done after a year and a half of development, thing is this day will be 3500 renders if the numbers provided are true so it's just as long as the previous days. Seems counter intuitive to the rework that was supposedly being done to fix that issue.

Reactions: G2299

aaachris

Oct 26, 2019
Could care less if it was one month or one day in the game. Some insane fans points out these stupid things to bring more sanity to an insane story of an adult vn. And milking devs get trying to perfect their game card in their excuse bingo list.

derpmcderp

May 30, 2020
True, he tells far better tales to his patreons lol...
I disagree, I feel like it's way more believable than the novels he posts on Patreon

I feel like the remake is his way of delaying future content and always has been. "I didn't hit my deadline because I'm trying to reorganize the story that wasn't broken into being more like the present narrative mess!"

StantheMan69

Aug 10, 2017
I disagree, I feel like it's way more believable than the novels he posts on Patreon

I feel like the remake is his way of delaying future content and always has been. "I didn't hit my deadline because I'm trying to reorganize the story that wasn't broken into being more like the present narrative mess!"
I kind of feel like the remake is a copout. Was there to much shit happening in to short of time? Yeah absolutely, but its an adult visual novel. It doesn't have to have realistic time frame. If BD wanted to be real smart about shit. He could of just pushed forward finished the game and then go back an remake the game changing the timeline up and added more content or tweaking the story a bit. That way he would not be splitting his time up by trying to work on both at the same time. While also keeping his patreon subs longer because most would of probably stuck around while he reworked the game.

StantheMan69

Aug 10, 2017
Are there any cuck left in the public who still say "perfection can't be rushed"? Hh?
Don't know but BD was never delivering perfection to begin with good to solid at best. I am still sure there are some out there though. As he has plenty of supporters on Patreon throwing money at him for nothing in return. Also looks like his ploy of pausing patreon for not meeting February 23. Was all a hoax as he paused it and going to un-pause it later this month before April so he will get march's and April's money anyway. Should pause it until he has delivered a few of his weekly updates if you ask me. That would be a better show of faith.

Reactions: char_2.0

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
Don't know but BD was never delivering perfection to begin with good to solid at best. I am still sure there are some out there though. As he has plenty of supporters on Patreon throwing money at him for nothing in return. Also looks like his ploy of pausing patreon for not meeting February 23. Was all a hoax as he paused it and going to un-pause it later this month before April so he will get march's and April's money anyway. Should pause it until he has delivered a few of his weekly updates if you ask me. That would be a better show of faith.
Patreon doesn't let you pause pledges indefinitely (unless you switch the billing method to 'per release'), so the charging system has to be disabled monthly. If he actually paused after Feb 23, then March 1 payments weren't processed (and they will never be, this month he'll only get money from the new patrons signing in), but he'll need to hit pause again sometime in March if he wants to pause April's too. No shady movement there yet, it's just how Patreon works. JFYI

---
I said months ago I was going to leave the thread but you know how you can't just take your eyes off trainwrecks. Holy shit.

SteelToRust

Dec 13, 2021
He is going to do an update this month 100%. He needs to deliver something to let this insane scam or whatever going on.
At this point, he knows the only people that will keep paying him are the long-standing patreons that didn't quit on him yet.

The plan is going to be: a release this month ( I doubt on the 13th or the 2500 renders he has promised for the last 10 months or so ), billing for April with the small chunk beta bs which is going to transform in another large chunk vs small chunk debate that will finish with another 400 render update in late summer, maybe August.

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
With the amount of hate the dev gets, I'm kinda surprised, but relieved, they haven't gotten doxxed yet. Like someone finding out who they really are and how much of what they ever say is true

derpmcderp

May 30, 2020
He is going to do an update this month 100%. He needs to deliver something to let this insane scam or whatever going on.
At this point, he knows the only people that will keep paying him are the long-standing patreons that didn't quit on him yet.

The plan is going to be: a release this month ( I doubt on the 13th or the 2500 renders he has promised for the last 10 months or so ), billing for April with the small chunk beta bs which is going to transform in another large chunk vs small chunk debate that will finish with another 400 render update in late summer, maybe August.
He has released content *3* times in 24 months. You're a lot more confident than I am, and I'm pretty damn confident.

SteelToRust

Dec 13, 2021
He has released content *3* times in 24 months. You're a lot more confident than I am, and I'm pretty damn confident.
Let me put it this way: at this point, it seems pretty obvious he is in for the money. While I personally have a very low opinion of humanity in general, after 1-2 years of all this bs people will start leaving. From what I read here he is bleeding patreons, but not as much as it should be.

Every scam either needs some godlike charisma to work or some carrot to hang in front of people in the form of hope from time to time. I just believe it's time to receive some of the carrot, that's all.

Fragmandk

Game Developer
Jul 3, 2017
With the amount of hate the dev gets, I'm kinda surprised, but relieved, they haven't gotten doxxed yet. Like someone finding out who they really are and how much of what they ever say is true
Stop giving him excuses to use we all know he has a spy account on this site and uses the good excuses we come up with that he could use, and use them.

Last edited:
3.70 star(s) 642 Votes