Shouki

Jul 30, 2020
In short, shit happens and that back draft of renders was all bullshit.
And, as based on what he wrote, these are "additional" stuff he is facing issues with.
He could release with the original plan and add these to the next release (I can't call this weekly after all these). So yeah, I am personally calling BS to like half the things he writes, not just the excuses at this point.
Or he could have added these mid-update, but then the problem would be with the story-board. Concerning either way.

Reactions: VOYEUR and Issikka

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
Bad Week,New Plan
So, things have been fucky.

I mentioned in the dev report that I had a hell week of crashes and errors but things were more stable... well that was only temporary as crashes started happening again and have slowed me down a lot.
When things were stable, I was having a lot of fun with a certain scene in this upcoming beta and I decided to expand on it and take it further as I thought I would have time but boy was I wrong. (Though I'm still happy with how the scene is turning out.)
As it stands at this moment, I have around 17 renders left to make and 6 to re-render. And I have 2 animations that were supposed to render overnight and for half of today but I woke up to one of them crashing 8 frames in and the other one made it to 29 frames in. So there's still a good chunk of work remaining.
This beta will be north of 150 renders (likely around 170 when it's all said and done.) and will have 8 animations.

I had a plan in place that I was going to release this first beta and then wait until next Friday to release the second beta and then see how long I could stick to Friday releases as that was the day that was voted on a while ago. I think with the buffer I've built these past few weeks alongside what I've learned in the past few months that I could hit it more than I miss it at this point. I just have to stop adding on to scenes at the last minute.

But with the current situation, I think I'm going to make the call to hold off on this first beta until this upcoming Friday (The 16th) and take the time to properly finish this beta and bug test and with any additional time I have I'll spend on continuing to build the buffer and to hopefully fix my crash issues. I also just need a little time to mentally reset after all of these crashes, shit has been infuriating lol

So, the release date for this beta is now June 16th at 12pm EDT. All tiers down to Fan will receive it in increments of 2 hours. So it will be fully out to all tiers at 10pm EDT on Friday.
Then a release every Friday after hopefully for as long as I can. Due to these changes there may not be a monthly release in June but all weeklies will be available to all tiers to make up for this. Though after this first beta the releases will follow the usual 24 hours between tiers timing.

And side content, I plan to move forward with the original plans for Client polls, Birthday Renders, and the Character Sheets. There will be a client poll soon after this post still as well.
But I will be putting the DITLO and Sexy Renders on hold until I am caught up on both Bday renders and the Character Sheets.
The main reason for putting the DITLO on hold is so I don't have to release another censored version of one. So I'd like to wait until Jasmine's time to release that DITLO. And Harper's uncensored one will be posted alongside Jasmine's.
And Sexy Renders is just the easiest thing for me to pull back from for the moment to help alleviate the amount on my plate.

That's all I wanted to share.
I apologize for all of the changes to things recently, I've really been trying to protect myself and to find solutions for the problems I've been facing so I can keep this going and make it as sustainable as possible and prevent burnout. I've been having so much fun making all of these scenes but I have felt really bad about how much everything has started to slip from me so I'm making these changes now to stop things from spiraling out from underneath me. I've been working really hard and I still feel like I'm slowly falling further and further behind where I want to be so I hope to reverse that with these changes.
I hope you guys understand and I'm forever grateful for the patience I've been shown and given.
I'm trying my best to achieve a balance of things that I can keep going for a long time and it's taking some trial and error but I truly believe we're close to it.
I hope I've properly illustrated why I'm making these decisions. I've tried not to be too hard on myself and ultimately I'm proud of the amount of content I've made but I'm still very disappointed that I haven't achieved consistent releases yet.
I hate delaying but it makes the most sense to take this time to properly prepare and get everything ready to hit the ground running with these Friday releases and see how that works for me.

Sorry for the book.
If you have any questions about things, feel free to ask!
Thank you for reading this and I'll talk to all of you later.
Take care.
I can't decide. Is it
1000278857.gif
or is it
1000278859.gif

I honestly hoped he'd make it longer before falling back into the old habits.

Last edited:

Zemax

☠︎︎ The real world is where the monsters are ☠︎︎
Modder
Uploader
Donor
Aug 19, 2022

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
Nah Mac is out of commision already, it's time for a new one. Perhaps Charles found employment under him, now that he was booted from his role?
Charles is going to come back mid-semester as Charlie, a middle-aged, post-op, trans-woman whos into the MC... The reason that he was such a tool was because she couldn't be her true self in that man's body...:eek::eek::eek:

TRKaiser

Apr 11, 2023
Man with McKenzie he should have said he was playing the character since McKenzie is literally the character that runs Blockheads socials....like....it was a perfect way to "entertain" and detach to an extent without saying it was a mental breakdown and an alternate persona... When Mckenzie first popped up that's what I thought it was him just "playing" the WVM character in RL.

Reniere

Aug 5, 2019
Nah. There's still hope. It's not considered incest if it's your adoptive mother. The author's been hinting at it since the early chapters in season 1.
My man Patreon Says that Adoptive mother, step mother, Guardian is all incest there's no hope even the dev himself has said there is no chance thats also why he wanted to remake the first half of the game and take that interaction out also.

RegAdd

Jan 25, 2022
Nah. There's still hope. It's not considered incest if it's your adoptive mother. The author's been hinting at it since the early chapters in season 1.
Braindrop himself has explicitly said that season 1 is being reworked. It's one of the things that gets mentioned here constantly. None of the original early chapters should be considered canon (e.g., originally Rachel met the MC for the first time when Azel quit her job, but the retcon is that Rachel has been a lifelong family friend (this version is already in the game in season 2)), and he is actively removing the implications of incest. I'm pretty sure someone pasted his words from Patreon or Discord here within the past 2 months regarding the removal of teasers. There was the possibility of the MC's extended family (blood and Azel) having relations with other female characters, but not the MC.

mofonistik

May 19, 2020
What I don't get about the rewrite is, he knows almost everybody wants to bang Azel, so...why not write her to be more Patreon friendly (perhaps a very close family friend who always made sure MC was being taken care of, but wasn't a full on guardian) and then let them, rather than just get rid of all the early hints?

Reactions: Teqwuquio and EJW

Shouki

Jul 30, 2020
What I don't get about the rewrite is, he knows almost everybody wants to bang Azel, so...why not write her to be more Patreon friendly (perhaps a very close family friend who always made sure MC was being taken care of, but wasn't a full on guardian) and then let them, rather than just get rid of all the early hints?
He would have to rewrite the whole story in that case, as either he would remain with his mom, than there is the sister story as well with that. Or introduce a new character as his Guardian. So probably more work than it is worth it for him. Or he is basing the character on someone and don't want to "defile" her. Only he knows.

My concern with the early rework is that part of it was due to having the events over a longer period to make it more realistic (as far as I know at least). But he now does the same, with 4-5 (longer) events per day, or the MC straight up sleeps through 1-2 days. So if he really does that, then newer players will be probably weirded out with the increase in scenes/day.
If he gets to complete the rework. Who knows.

Reactions: Waynew91
3.70 star(s) 642 Votes