Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
I see where he is coming from. The girls in this game adore MC, which on one hand is understandable. He is the star athlete who is going to rescue their basketball team from the depths of oblivion. But at the same time, they allow him to do basically anything he wants, especially Jamie (as it was her idea). Now, I like Jamie (she is my best girl) but she isn't a realistic character at all. Would other girls, because MC is the star, let him do what he wants? Perhaps, but I feel like the GF of those star athletes would be more protective of him. Maybe she is actually a cuckqueen, as I have mentioned a few times before. They are too accepting at times. They previously said they'd (Jamie/Shauna) have to approve of the harem girls, but Jamie didn't mind at all when MC told her that Willow kissed him. Can she be ok with him helping her? Sure, but that doesn't mean she should be ok with Willow (a girl who insulted her) kissing him. MC up to this point has faced 0 consequences and can do no wrong.

Now, MC in this game is as I've said before is a bit refreshing. He isn't the standard creepy old man or perverted teen of most games. He isn't some bonehead "alpha" jock either or "beta" loser. He is a good character, but again isn't the most realistic character. He doesn't believe he is gods gift to women, but he absolutely is. He seemingly has no flaws at all.

Those things can be and are critiques, but that doesn't necessarily mean they are bad. This game has gotten very popular very quickly partially due to those things. Relatively drama free, ultimate harem game with a non-douche MC.
I don't really agree with the commonly held opinion that characters have to have flaws. Sure, if every character you write is flawless that's not good writing, but some people are just nice.
And I totally believe that Jamie gets off on us being with other girls, once you take that into account she makes perfect sense. Maybe a little uncertainty about her feelings on her part would be good, though; she has pretty much the whole of society telling her her feelings are wrong.

3.70 star(s) 642 Votes