johnmnf692

Jun 20, 2022
When was the last time he set an date and kept it im generally intrigued ?
For a while during the course of 2023 he actually was meeting his dates, but they were small updates, and he missed the original date when he said he was going to start doing the small updates.

Reactions: VOYEUR

333Playing

Oct 15, 2019
There was, on Discord. He originally said that part 2 would be released the 27th and part 3 would be released on the 31st. After missing the date for part 1, he went back and edited that post to just say he was working on part 2 now.
Those were the dates set if no delays would come

Drevanomaly

Aug 12, 2021
There seems to be a lot of misdirecting with delays. There was another dev that delayed for a few months then switched to a reboot for a few months, then swapped back to finish the update which took a few more months but everyone seemed to forget it was delayed from the original chunk. I haven't been a dev so i don't know the struggle but it seems to be easy to dig yourself in a hole and most try and solve it by digging deeper.

With pausing pledges on the line, I could see the last 2 parts being released on the 31st as some big gesture and impressive gift trying to get people to forget how delayed they are to begin with. Then again there are football games tomorrow so who knows

Wolfeszorn

Jul 24, 2021
There seems to be a lot of misdirecting with delays. There was another dev that delayed for a few months then switched to a reboot for a few months, then swapped back to finish the update which took a few more months but everyone seemed to forget it was delayed from the original chunk. I haven't been a dev so i don't know the struggle but it seems to be easy to dig yourself in a hole and most try and solve it by digging deeper.

With pausing pledges on the line, I could see the last 2 parts being released on the 31st as some big gesture and impressive gift trying to get people to forget how delayed they are to begin with. Then again there are football games tomorrow so who knows
Or he does the same exact thing he always does. Miss another deadline he set himself, pause pledges and act as if he did something that deserves applause or a pat on the head. Like…. With the amount of money he gets, do you really think he cares if he doesn‘t get paid for a couple of months?
But as always, you can only pull that stunt until ppl start to realize that it‘s just another scheme.

Wen I Say

Mar 17, 2019
I hundred percent agree with you there. The writing was never very good. But that is par for the course on 95% of AVNs around here. I can only think of about a handful that have good writing. But for me at least, it was interesting meeting the initial cast of characters, Shauna, Bailey, Natalie, and Harper come to mind (though I never liked Jamie, she has always been annoying and unattractive to me and many others) and I wanted to hear more about their story and watch their relationships develop with the MC. And the plot of a starting basketball player, wanting to turn-around a failing basketball team for his small college seemed like it might be interesting. For the first, maybe 10 updates, that is mostly what happened. BD did throw a large cast of increasingly uninteresting, to me, characters, most of which I can't remember the names of, but he did keep enough of the story with the ones I was interested to keep me wanting to see what came next, just to see more of their story. But, BD just kept going, with every episode introducing dozens of new characters, that are more empty and boring than the last group, and he decided he original story wasn't interesting to him, so he threw in all these extra hidden-forces conspiracy themes that make no sense at all. Eventually, I just couldn't be bothered. Plus, it was clear BD never went anywhere with Bailey's character other than make her always DTF, and I guess decided to keep Natalie and Harper on the back-burner indefinitely.
95% is a seriously gross overestimate i'd also like to hear your handful, obviously one is Artemis i'll give you credit if you can name Four more. Agreed the writing in this is 0 teir a story created by a dude in which he plays out his main character syndrome, where the MC wants for nothing, where every man wants to be him and every woman wants to sleep with him, and in which he has no rival for their affections as other men in this universe are either gay or married or cucked by the MC. This game's main allure was the sports aspect that never truly went anywhere or is likely to at this rate. Pivoted, to a gotcha sex sim/cult/herem/ where everything takes place except the main story which is college, basketball, and the growing pains of managing the MC's life in college while being the GUY in a terrible failing basketball program. So instead of us getting a great story-driven VN with a healthy splash of college sex and hijinks, we got a hold right ctrl is really only good for spanking VN, where its dev more than periodically insults everyone's intelligence.

Last edited:

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
95% is a seriously gross overestimate i'd also like to hear your handful, obviously one is Artemis i'll give you credit if you can name Four more.
WVM is on the low end for writing and story, and I think it's gotten substantially worse as the dev started to get too much money each month whatever he does to care anymore.

With the 95% figure, I didn't do an exhaustive mathematical analysis. However, I would quantify most of the games I have played here as having passable to poor writing. Some are obviously translated, so use the most basic level English, and some are barely readable or overly trite and repetitive and hard to get through.

But, there are many qualities in AVNs I like other than just the writing. If the story is interesting, or the characters have some depth to them, I can look past it. So even games like Sunshine Love, where the writing is not great and the story is pretty thin, I still enjoy (Melody is better).

But there are many exceptions with good writing, complex dialog and characters, and an in-depth story. Artemis is definitely one example (see my avatar).

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Skode

Mar 9, 2020
So, is there pregnancy or not?
There bloody well should be given several characters are only even in the plot because the MC is supposed to be a breeding stock for horny single older ladies and lesbians to get preggers from. Mind you the dev is full of shit. This is the dev who amongst other things was dropping winking face emojis here talking about a "modder" who would add in the Azel content and was telling us all that female Shaunna would get her own story not just a copy paste of the Trans version. As such regarding pregnancy, i would almost certainly say NO pregnancy content will ever come.

Akabakka

Jul 12, 2023
WVM is on the low end for writing and story, and I think it's gotten substantially worse as the dev started to get too much money each month whatever he does to care anymore.

With the 95% figure, I didn't do an exhaustive mathematical analysis. However, I would quantify most of the games I have played here as having passable to poor writing. Some are obviously translated, so use the most basic level English, and some are barely readable or overly trite and repetitive and hard to get through.
I think that the major difference with similarly badly written games , is if they can have decent pacing , or not . And if they spend their time glorifying you . There are plenty Gary Stu/Cult Leader games , where the MC gather easily a harem but their author at least got the good sense of spacing dates through a week , even with multiples per day . The latest one i tried " My dorm" is basically that , with incest in the mix . It's probably guilty of the same stuff than WVM , with a slow burn within 10+ girls simultaneously over you , but the pace of the encounters makes a world of difference . And your their hero , their perfect guy , but you can still disappoint and annoy them .

3.70 star(s) 642 Votes