VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
The first occurs in Day 6. The second occurs during D7 with Trans Penny. The latter is fixed on the latest version on Patreon
I know how to read. I asked where he got the code with such errors, because in the version that is on this site there are no such errors, I did not catch them. And if you check the pictures, you'll see that they don't smell like Penny at all. :KEK:

Krynh

Engaged Member
Jan 20, 2020
The WVM all-star gif Banner is missing out on Penny and Kimmy

because in the version that is on this site there are no such errors, I did not catch them
If Penny is Trans you get an error on day 7. I've never encountered a day 6 error.

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
The WVM all-star gif Banner is missing out on Penny and Kimmy

If Penny is Trans you get an error on day 7. I've never encountered a day 6 error.
I know about this error, I even fixed it. But among the mistakes of the
TheSidewinder
it is not, but there are others that I personally did not find when I passed the game.

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
Insert the file in the Data folder and there will be no more errors. Strange, I found them in the code, but no messages popped up during the game and nothing was recorded in traceback. :unsure:

TheSidewinder

Mar 31, 2020
Where you took scripts for the game that you have such errors came out? I didn't catch any such errors during the replay. I downloaded the latest version from here. :unsure:
I downloaded it from the Mega link on the first page of this topic. But I'm using Scrappy's gallery mod, the "Universal RenPy Mod", and ran Unren to get the dev and debug consoles active. I guess it's possible one of those mods caused it, but I'm not sure since it didn't throw the usual RenPy error page with the "Rollback, Ignore, Reload, (etc)" screen on it, it was just a checkerboard screen with the text I pasted in my previous post.

TheSidewinder

Mar 31, 2020
Insert the file in the Data folder and there will be no more errors. Strange, I found them in the code, but no messages popped up during the game and nothing was recorded in traceback. :unsure:
Hmm.... I don't have a "Data" folder in the directory that I can find. This is the Windows version. There's a game, lib, and renpy folder in the main directory, and I've looked at all subfolders but don't see one named Data (or data).

The Krypt Angel

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2019
standard missing images don't throw traceback you just get a blank or checkboard screen with the red text with the missing file name in the upper left of the screen

Irgendwie Irgendwo

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
Okay, it seems that I'm lacking information here, but I think I have figured it out. I'm not playing TG Shauna, so that determines that Penelope is not TG either? Not that I mind because I'm not interested in that, but I feel the TG way makes more sense in a way that Penny identifies with Shauna over this "special situation" instead of identifying over bullying - which is a bit more common.

This is one minor gripe I have with the game (days being packed too full as mentioned before being the other, but that should be remedied soon): Once you agree to a girl there is no way to back out. Wanting Penelope to feel better during the streaking and getting her a little feeling of self-worth was the sensible thing to do, but I am not really into her and wouldn't be interested in sleeping with her. Alas, the game made me go through with it.

Other than that it seems that Willow is off the table (changing your name from one tree to another, creative ;) ), the first client may have a rich back story (I suppose it's still Tali, but I may be confusing names), the two main girls still haven't signed off on Zoey and we still have some meet-ups to go before we finish the week. Looking forward to Thursday when I will likely get a feeling how big regular-sized updates are.

Reactions: Dukester1979

KinkierThanThou

Apr 19, 2020
Okay, it seems that I'm lacking information here, but I think I have figured it out. I'm not playing TG Shauna, so that determines that Penelope is not TG either? Not that I mind because I'm not interested in that, but I feel the TG way makes more sense in a way that Penny identifies with Shauna over this "special situation" instead of identifying over bullying - which is a bit more common.

This is one minor gripe I have with the game (days being packed too full as mentioned before being the other, but that should be remedied soon): Once you agree to a girl there is no way to back out. Wanting Penelope to feel better during the streaking and getting her a little feeling of self-worth was the sensible thing to do, but I am not really into her and wouldn't be interested in sleeping with her. Alas, the game made me go through with it.

Other than that it seems that Willow is off the table (changing your name from one tree to another, creative ;) ), the first client may have a rich back story (I suppose it's still Tali, but I may be confusing names), the two main girls still haven't signed off on Zoey and we still have some meet-ups to go before we finish the week. Looking forward to Thursday when I will likely get a feeling how big regular-sized updates are.
I noticed that with Emiko. If you're nice to her in the hallway it opens up further content, but if you ignore her that time it seems most of her paths are closed.

KrystofDayne

Donor
Dec 9, 2019
I noticed that with Emiko. If you're nice to her in the hallway it opens up further content, but if you ignore her that time it seems most of her paths are closed.
Well you know, I think that makes some sort of sense. I did interpret the game prompting me whether I wanted to talk to her in that instance as the game asking whether or not I wanted to have a storyline with her or not, so my answer was clearly 'YES!!'

Reactions: zVoidwalker

KinkierThanThou

Apr 19, 2020
Well you know, I think that makes some sort of sense. I did interpret the game prompting me whether I wanted to talk to her in that instance as the game asking whether or not I wanted to have a storyline with her or not, so my answer was clearly 'YES!!'
So it goes back to what Irgendwie Irgendwo said that there are only two paths for each girl for now. Love interest or distantly cordial? I can't even imagine the hassle of having to program a middle path of caring friend for each girl. Just thinking about it gives me a headache. :D

KrystofDayne

Donor
Dec 9, 2019
So it goes back to what Irgendwie Irgendwo said that there are only two paths for each girl for now. Love interest or distantly cordial? I can't even imagine the hassle of having to program a middle path of caring friend for each girl. Just thinking about it gives me a headache. :D
Agreed. I love Being A DIK, but like I wrote in my review for that game, having too many options with too many possible storylines, automatically somewhat ruins my experience because I feel like I could never see everything, which is what I mostly ultimately want.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

KinkierThanThou

Apr 19, 2020
Agreed. I love Being A DIK, but like I wrote in my review for that game, having too many options with too many possible storylines, automatically somewhat ruins my experience because I feel like I could never see everything, which is what I mostly ultimately want.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
It would add to the replayability I think. In this game there are the 3 paths, I think. Faithful/Pick'n Choose/Total Slut. And it certainly makes managing save files easier.

In BaDIK i have 2 pages of savefiles for each girl, taking all the side chicks/mini-games/DIk vs Chick dynamic into account.

Each have their merits I think. BaDIK has the depth, WVM has more of an instant gratification feel.

EDit: apparently, the more I drink the more I think haha!

KrystofDayne

Donor
Dec 9, 2019
It would add to the replayability I think. In this game there are the 3 paths, I think. Faithful/Pick'n Choose/Total Slut. And it certainly makes managing save files easier.

In BaDIK i have 2 pages of savefiles for each girl, taking all the side chicks/mini-games/DIk vs Chick dynamic into account.

Each have their merits I think. BaDIK has the depth, WVM has more of an instant gratification feel.

EDit: apparently, the more I drink the more I think haha!
Lol you drunk too? Was drinking for like 5 hours with my roommate in self-isolation today, now I'm just philosophizing about sexuality and stuff :LOL:

MysteryCrabs

Dec 15, 2019
Next stage of the client poll is up on Patreon:

Last edited:
3.70 star(s) 642 Votes