ProofreadingRUS

Forum Fanatic
Aug 10, 2019
Well, the Charles Party morphed into the charity bowling thing I thought, right?

Day 7 concludes with the Bowling, Jamie date, and everyone meeting Tali. I think that's all that is left for the day.
Everybody is pretty much tired and falling asleep.
One made a bed already out of the MC and fell asleep in his arms.
I would say call off everything else and tell Charles and his hookers he's too tired.
There's always tomorrow. Don't have to do everything in one night not to mention he's still recovering from getting hit earlier.....peace

pecard255

Mar 28, 2020
Trust me I know how frustrating it is. I'm sorry for making you stay up later but let me explain myself a bit.

The schedule was released when I thought the technician coming later that day would actually fix my internet... I was wrong.
Spectrum has thrown me into a loop and it's devoured my time.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I've had three posts since the schedule where I've talked about how my internet is still down. I've talked a lot on my discord about it and I've mentioned it here as well.
I will admit I should have posted the "No release this week" post earlier than I did but I wasn't sure if I wanted to just shift focus to next week or grind out a release for the next day. Not to mention the fact to post on patreon I have to drive to a friend's house or a local wifi spot since patreon posts from my phone always error out. So it came later than I wanted it to.

I'm definitely not 100% in the right due to breaking the schedule and the later post but I'm trying my best man. This week was gigafucked and full of headaches and multiple long 4 hours calls of nothing but elevator music that I didn't anticipate when making that schedule.

Hey BD,
I have 25 plus years working as a broadband maintenance tech. Make sure you don't have any loose cables that aren't terminated to a T.V. or something. All connectors need to be as tight as you can get them. Disconnect any cables you aren't using. A high-pass filter will block your upstream signal and that's not good. It's hard to troubleshoot this without a spectrum analyzer but the problem could be obvious. Any cables that get wet, loose, or not hooked to something could be your problem.
Let me know if I can help.

Heyesey

Sep 28, 2017
Braindrop is now suffering from Being Too Good syndrome; he gets complaints when a release is pushed back a week because he does such a vast amount so well that small failures are all we have to whinge about. It's a sign of how great his game must be, that people are pissed off every time a release date slides for whatever reason - and in fact they've all been very good reasons, even though he actually doesn't NEED a reason, he can just choose to take a week off if he wants!

I can really only think of one criticism - well, half a criticism - of the whole thing, which is that the amount crammed into each day is way too much to be realistic. I can't help thinking that if everything that's happened so far was considered to have taken two weeks instead of one, it would all seem to make more sense. He's moved house what, four times in a week? He's having about six dates each day?

Not that it really matters much, this game is not about realism. It is, again, a sign of how great the game is that I really can't find any serious fault with it and I'm reduced to saying that the timescale could be a bit better.

KrystofDayne

Donor
Dec 9, 2019
Braindrop is now suffering from Being Too Good syndrome; he gets complaints when a release is pushed back a week because he does such a vast amount so well that small failures are all we have to whinge about. It's a sign of how great his game must be, that people are pissed off every time a release date slides for whatever reason - and in fact they've all been very good reasons, even though he actually doesn't NEED a reason, he can just choose to take a week off if he wants!

I can really only think of one criticism - well, half a criticism - of the whole thing, which is that the amount crammed into each day is way too much to be realistic. I can't help thinking that if everything that's happened so far was considered to have taken two weeks instead of one, it would all seem to make more sense. He's moved house what, four times in a week? He's having about six dates each day?

Not that it really matters much, this game is not about realism. It is, again, a sign of how great the game is that I really can't find any serious fault with it and I'm reduced to saying that the timescale could be a bit better.
I don't know, I don't think people are really mad when he pushes back a release date, I think BD is more mad at himself. Sure, people might be disappointed, but in general, I've seen that most people are really understanding, BD keeps us in the loop with what's going on so you would have to be a bit of an asshole to really be angry with him.

As far as content within the days is concerned, yeah I agree, and I think BD realizes it himself. In some instances at least it was actually because he wanted to make up for not always delivering on the promised date. Like last month when he had major personal issues and the release date got pushed back quite a bit (I think for update 7.4), so he crammed a few more scenes in there that could have been done in any day, and were planned for later days, but he felt that he needed to make up for lost time, so he gave people more content.

Once day 7 is done, when BD starts developing the story more week by week and less day by day, and when some personal/technical issues have been sorted out, I think much of this will become smoother and more regular.

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
Braindrop is now suffering from Being Too Good syndrome; he gets complaints when a release is pushed back a week because he does such a vast amount so well that small failures are all we have to whinge about.
Well, people have to complain about something even if it's the smallest issue. I didn't mind the waiting a bit longer for the update as the dev had been consistent enough with getting previous updates out within a couple of weeks I only wish other devs had that work ethic.

Triepslay

Mar 23, 2020
Well, people have to complain about something even if it's the smallest issue. I didn't mind the waiting a bit longer for the update as the dev had been consistent enough with getting previous updates out within a couple of weeks I only wish other devs had that work ethic.
Exactly, some devs take ages between updates, i don't mind waiting a couple more days or a few weeks honestly.

Heyesey

Sep 28, 2017
I don't know, I don't think people are really mad when he pushes back a release date, I think BD is more mad at himself. Sure, people might be disappointed, but in general, I've seen that most people are really understanding, BD keeps us in the loop with what's going on so you would have to be a bit of an asshole to really be angry with him.
Agreed, and I should have made clearer that I know most people are not complaining - only the assholes who think that having no internet is not a valid excuse for not uploading the update. :D

It was meant as more of a general observation that the better someone is at something, the more complaints they get about the few small failings they have made. People who upload a rubbish game and don't update it for six months, don't get those sort of complaints, people just quit following the thread.

Sulzeer666

Nov 19, 2019
To all the new posters I see in here welcome to the bot army. (y)
And thank you all for being understanding of my shit week. <3
Take it easy. You need to give yourself a little space. Maybe just promise 2 or 3 releases every month, but if you are able to more, that will just be icing on the cake. People are only disappointed because your game is worth it, and because you have set a VERY high standard. Please make sure not to burn your "candle" from both ends. Keep up the good work and take care.

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
Take it easy. You need to give yourself a little space. Maybe just promise 2 or 3 releases every month, but if you are able to more, that will just be icing on the cake. People are only disappointed because your game is worth it, and because you have set a VERY high standard. Please make sure not to burn your "candle" from both ends. Keep up the good work and take care.
hell just 2 updates a month would be freakin awesome

Reactions: Uncle Loco

✝Fenrir✝

Nov 3, 2018

BrainDrop deserves all the best ... the work he did on WVM 1,727 Patrons and 15k in less than 1 year...
PSX_20200517_113534.jpg
ᴵ ᵏⁿᵒʷ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ˢᵒᵐᵉ ᵒᶠ ʸᵒᵘ ʰᵃᵛᵉ ˢᵉᵉⁿ ᵗʰᶦˢ ᵐᵉᵐᵉ ᵇᵉᶠᵒʳᵉ ᵇᵘᵗ ˢᵒᵐᵉ ᵃˢˢʰᵒ ... ᵍᵒᵒᵈ ᵖᵉʳˢᵒⁿ ᵈᵉˡᵉᵗᵉᵈ ᵐʸ ᵖᵒˢᵗ ᵃⁿᵈ ᴵ ᵈᵒⁿ'ᵗ ʷᵃⁿᵗ ᵗʰᶦˢ ᵐᵉᵐᵉ ᵗᵒ ᵍᵉᵗ ˡᵒˢᵗ ... ᴵ ˡᵒᵛᵉ ʸᵒᵘ ᴮʳᵃᶦⁿᴰʳᵒᵖ ... ⁿᵒ ʰᵒᵐᵒ.

3.70 star(s) 633 Votes