henry hopkin

Jan 20, 2018
How is it that Icstor has over 7000 patrons and hasn't updated in over six months, while BD gets accused of milking his patrons after a couple of weeks without an update?
Icstor gets a lot of shit now because of his recent lack of schedules, but tbh in the beginning he was uploading full updates every 1-2 months for the first 4 or 5 updates.

Reactions: User1230

tk99

Jun 3, 2019
Well ....

I've read Braindrop postings.

While I do not understand his problems 100% (I'm running my own business for a long time and trust me: You have to stand your man or you loose your customers. Like they say here when you are self employed "independently and constantly") I deeply honor his sincerity (that comes with my job, too) AND the fact, that he has decided to stop pledging.

And that's the point.
If he decides to take a break, for what reason ever, he can do it. If some people don't like it .... unsubscribe.
Or in this case, you even don't need to do that, because he stopped the payment.

So Braindrop ... Hope you will get back on track soon and everything will settle. "You did everything right".
Keep up your good work.

Last edited:

Krynh

Engaged Member
Jan 20, 2020

"Where the fuck have you been Brain? Is everything okay?"

Yeah my bad, sorry for the hiatus. I didn't expect to be silent for this long.
I've been doing a lot recently... I was really in a bad way during my last post and I won't lie, the days after it were worse. (But I'm doing better for the most part now )

First I want to thank you all for the kind comments and words of supports you've sent my way. They've helped me tremendously. <3

Shortly after my last post I realized that my mental was still getting worse and I was having panic attacks and I couldn't sleep at all.
And obviously that's not good, so I decided to do my best to stay silent on most platforms and take some time to truly try to resolve some of the issues I've been facing.

Basically anything that was causing me stress I tried to find a solution for. And it's been working. More than anything I just needed to take a step back and remind myself of why I love doing what I do and I need to stop giving so much energy to the things that I don't love about it.
I've also started on some of the home fixes I needed to do. This place is really old and it's really starting to fall apart and with yet another water leak I couldn't put it off any longer.

I've continued working as I promised I would but I have admittedly taken it easy these past few days. There's been a lot of planning and theory crafting.
Day 7 final will still be out this month, but it'll be a bit from now.
The more I thought about it the less I was happy with the ending of day 7. At least from a render standpoint so I've been redoing some of them as well as the ones I had to redo from earlier in day 7.
I actually think my issues with the ending were a huge part of the stress. I didn't realize it at the time but damn, I'm happy I'm able to do it right.

And as for me I'm doing much better than I was in my last post. I still have some battles but being able to take the time to address them without a huge cloud of guilt hanging over me is helping in so many ways. And I wouldn't be able to do that if it wasn't for all of you guys.

I am sorry for the delayed finale but I hope it'll be worth it. And soon after day 7's final we'll also have the week 1 final edition that will have the redone renders and a few story bits from days 1-2 and some of 3.

And as for patreon posts they'll be starting up again.
There will be a client poll tomorrow and some teasers early next week. And the second half of "A day in the life of Emiko" will be out on this upcoming Wednesday.

I've been taking some time for myself at night as well. I've re-watched avatar the last airbender (my favorite cartoon), replayed psychonauts (My favorite game), got a new pb in SM64, and what's helped the most is actually a game called Satisfactory. It's an automation game and that's kind of my shit and it's been awesome to sink some hours into because it's about the only thing that I can completely lose myself in. And that's been huge in helping.

So yeah, I'm back and I'm doing better. I was hoping to have day 7 final out by now but I ended up having to slow some things down. I should have a date or at least a time frame to announce in the teaser post.

Thank you guys again, this was mainly just a post to let you guys know what's up. We should be back on schedule soon. Love you <3

Last edited:

Sulzeer666

Nov 19, 2019
Good stuff BD. Hope you keep looking out for yourself, that is more important than anything, and please promise a little less than you plan to deliver, then we will all be very happy. People shouldn't mind you not being able to keep up the incredible amount of updates you have done previously, but will only be disappointed if you are unable to keep promises.

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
look while i do not support any Dev .. retirement don't leave me shit to afford much .... Braindrop is by far one of the best Dev's around ... he busts his ass ,, if anyone has problems with that ,, well i don't know what to tell you other than BYE ....
cause if i had half the cash alot of you do i would support at least 10 Dev's , from which games i play are fucking awesome !!
and if hate me for saying this .. well i'm sorry

KrystofDayne

Donor
Dec 9, 2019

Yo

"Where the fuck have you been Brain? Is everything okay?"

Yeah my bad, sorry for the hiatus. I didn't expect to be silent for this long.
I've been doing a lot recently... I was really in a bad way during my last post and I won't lie, the days after it were worse. (But I'm doing better for the most part now )

First I want to thank you all for the kind comments and words of supports you've sent my way. They've helped me tremendously. <3

Shortly after my last post I realized that my mental was still getting worse and I was having panic attacks and I couldn't sleep at all.
And obviously that's not good, so I decided to do my best to stay silent on most platforms and take some time to truly try to resolve some of the issues I've been facing.

Basically anything that was causing me stress I tried to find a solution for. And it's been working. More than anything I just needed to take a step back and remind myself of why I love doing what I do and I need to stop giving so much energy to the things that I don't love about it.
I've also started on some of the home fixes I needed to do. This place is really old and it's really starting to fall apart and with yet another water leak I couldn't put it off any longer.

I've continued working as I promised I would but I have admittedly taken it easy these past few days. There's been a lot of planning and theory crafting.
Day 7 final will still be out this month, but it'll be a bit from now.
The more I thought about it the less I was happy with the ending of day 7. At least from a render standpoint so I've been redoing some of them as well as the ones I had to redo from earlier in day 7.
I actually think my issues with the ending were a huge part of the stress. I didn't realize it at the time but damn, I'm happy I'm able to do it right.

And as for me I'm doing much better than I was in my last post. I still have some battles but being able to take the time to address them without a huge cloud of guilt hanging over me is helping in so many ways. And I wouldn't be able to do that if it wasn't for all of you guys.

I am sorry for the delayed finale but I hope it'll be worth it. And soon after day 7's final we'll also have the week 1 final edition that will have the redone renders and a few story bits from days 1-2 and some of 3.

And as for patreon posts they'll be starting up again.
There will be a client poll tomorrow and some teasers early next week. And the second half of "A day in the life of Emiko" will be out on this upcoming Wednesday.

I've been taking some time for myself at night as well. I've re-watched avatar the last airbender (my favorite cartoon), replayed psychonauts (My favorite game), got a new pb in SM64, and what's helped the most is actually a game called Satisfactory. It's an automation game and that's kind of my shit and it's been awesome to sink some hours into because it's about the only thing that I can completely lose myself in. And that's been huge in helping.

So yeah, I'm back and I'm doing better. I was hoping to have day 7 final out by now but I ended up having to slow some things down. I should have a date or at least a time frame to announce in the teaser post.

Thank you guys again, this was mainly just a post to let you guys know what's up. We should be back on schedule soon. Love you <3

Ass-a-Lot

Aug 29, 2018
this is the 3rd time i post here to support BD,i just discovered this game recently but i fell in love with it.i mean who doesnt right?5400+ renders in less than a year?jesus!!!talkin about pure dedication and love to this game he made.
just as JAMIE AND SHAUNA said: relax a bit wud u ethan?i mean BD.. ;)

ProofreadingRUS

Forum Fanatic
Aug 10, 2019
Well he just made a new comment on his post.
Have no idea when he will release the end of Day 7.
He didn't like the ending and had to redo it over and over.
At this point I don't think anyone cares how it looks just as long as it's released.
So from what I understand next week there will be a teaser of some kind.
So nothing yet certain from what it seems 4 or 5 weeks and another additional week or two it seems.
He also wants to redo Day 1, 2 and 3. I just hope it has nothing to do with his D..k size that people are complaining about.
He's already half that size. Don't make him any smaller no matter what they say.
I just hope when he finally does release it it's worth 5 or 6 weeks worth of an update and not a short one....peace.

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
I just hope when he finally does release it it's worth 5 or 6 weeks worth of an update and not a short one....peace.
It'll be the normal update, it won't be any longer than that, he paused his Patreon so that none of us have to pay. It's not 5 or 6 weeks worth because 4-5 weeks are the break he very much deserves.

The Krypt Angel

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2019
look while i do not support any Dev .. retirement don't leave me shit to afford much .... Braindrop is by far one of the best Dev's around ... he busts his ass ,, if anyone has problems with that ,, well i don't know what to tell you other than BYE ....
cause if i had half the cash alot of you do i would support at least 10 Dev's , from which games i play are fucking awesome !!
and if hate me for saying this .. well i'm sorry
Meh not everyone can afford to pledge nothing wrong with that. Moral support is still supporting and BD appreciates that just as much as he does he money he gets from us patrons. That aside I found this in my meme collection and it made me think of you :ROFLMAO:

1592018747731.png

3.70 star(s) 641 Votes