Laziness

Feb 14, 2018
And yet most developers manage to circumvent these patreon rules through patches, but for some reason this is not possible for Brain
That's cause in most of those games there's only one family, not an adoptive family and a birth family that define each other.
I forget the game, but one involved a birth mom and a stepmom and they were both called "landlady" by default. It just doesn't translate as smoothly to Patreon-friendly

Heavy Sleeper

May 10, 2020
That's cause in most of those games there's only one family, not an adoptive family and a birth family that define each other.
I forget the game, but one involved a birth mom and a stepmom and they were both called "landlady" by default. It just doesn't translate as smoothly to Patreon-friendly
You don't like when a game turn into comedy not matter how serious it tries to be, by changing all "mother/father" to "landlady/landlord" and "son/child/kid/daughter" to "roommate/tenant"? causing absolution confusing, and chaos.

KrystofDayne

Donor
Dec 9, 2019
You don't like when a game turn into comedy not matter how serious it tries to be, by changing all "mother/father" to "landlady/landlord" and "son/child/kid/daughter" to "roommate/tenant"? causing absolution confusing, and chaos.
Nah I get what Laziness is saying here.
With your birth mom and stepmom, plus your girlfriend's sister, your own long lost sister, the mother-daughter pairing of Harper and Natalie, and even the either step-sister or actual sister pairing (can't remember if that was clarified yet in-game, maybe purposefully not) of Veronica and Vanessa, there are just a whole bunch of familial relations that are gonna be way harder to explain away with a simple "landlady"-"roommate"-"tenant" patch. No-one is suggesting, that if BD made such an adjustment, that anybody would be playing it that way, of course this stuff is ridiculous and everyone would apply the incest patch to restore normal relations. But adjusting his story and descriptors to even make that sort of ridiculous sense is just gonna be way harder than with you regular nuclear-family 'cest game.

Btw, Laziness and Heavy Sleeper, best username combo ever

Reactions: Blacktusk

Alma_Elma

Game Developer
May 1, 2017
Imagine your landlady acting like your mother and like a relationship beetween you two, even if you both want it, is wrong :ROFLMAO:

That's why I add the incest patch when it was originally written with it. Some games add an incest patch because people do, but they aren't initially related, that's when I don't add it, cause I want it the way the author wrote it and imagined it. I'm not really into incest itself, i don't like nor dislike it :unsure:

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
With your birth mom and stepmom, plus your girlfriend's sister, your own long lost sister, the mother-daughter pairing of Harper and Natalie, and even the either step-sister or actual sister pairing (can't remember if that was clarified yet in-game, maybe purposefully not) of Veronica and Vanessa, there are just a whole bunch of familial relations that are gonna be way harder to explain away with a simple "landlady"-"roommate"-"tenant" patch. No-one is suggesting, that if BD made such an adjustment, that anybody would be playing it that way, of course this stuff is ridiculous and everyone would apply the incest patch to restore normal relations. But adjusting his story and descriptors to even make that sort of ridiculous sense is just gonna be way harder than with you regular nuclear-family 'cest game.

I can't even image how a scene with a few of this "landladies", "tenant" and "roommate" would be to read. Most likely I would be on the floor and laughting about it.:LOL:

Heavy Sleeper

May 10, 2020

As someone who doesn't use incest patches, I had to deal with a lot of lazy text replacement that leads to LI saying "I want to have tenants/roommates with you" so I kinda just joked about it. But because of the way Braindrop does it, he doesn't betray his story while give the rest of his player a lot of varied content. That's before even talking about how you can choose who you want to romance in the first place.

That's probably why he is a step above the rest when it comes to harem games. And generally a great developer.

KrystofDayne

Donor
Dec 9, 2019
By the way, slightly off-topic, the first VN that I got into like ever (wasn't that long ago) was Man of the House and I found that game before I ever found this site here (for some reason F95zone is like really resistant to search engines) and before I knew anything about these Patreon rules and so on. And because I didn't have the incest patch, it was this whole landlady, roommate stuff and I was just so fucking confused :ROFLMAO: I kept thinking "what sort of weird fucking rent agreement is this??" The landlady lives with you and cooks for you, and for some reason can't know if you have sex with your roommates, like what? Why should it not be okay to fuck your roommate? And where are they living anyway, in this big-ass house, how can some college students afford to rent that? And why is it so awful to have sex with your landlady? I sort of got that more than with the roommates, but still weird. And then your landlady's sister comes in and it isn't even okay to have sex with her, like wtf, why??? And why do you even know your landlady's sister??
I was so embarrassed when I finally found out what that stuff was all about, felt like such a dumbass not realizing what the fuck was going on :LOL::LOL:

Heavy Sleeper

May 10, 2020
By the way, slightly off-topic, the first VN that I got into like ever (wasn't that long ago) was Man of the House and I found that game before I ever found this site here (for some reason F95zone is like really resistant to search engines) and before I knew anything about these Patreon rules and so on. And because I didn't have the incest patch, it was this whole landlady, roommate stuff and I was just so fucking confused :ROFLMAO: I kept thinking "what sort of weird fucking rent agreement is this??" The landlady lives with you and cooks for you, and for some reason can't know if you have sex with your roommates, like what? Why should it not be okay to fuck your roommate? And where are they living anyway, in this big-ass house, how can some college students afford to rent that? And why is it so awful to have sex with your landlady? I sort of got that more than with the roommates, but still weird. And then your landlady's sister comes in and it isn't even okay to have sex with her, like wtf, why??? And why do you even know your landlady's sister??
I was so embarrassed when I finally found out what that stuff was all about, felt like such a dumbass not realizing what the fuck was going on :LOL::LOL:
Mine was Mily city, and had a somewhat similar reaction. At least in Man of the House I tried to edit those "names", but unfortunately due to the way these games work all of it is just the tiniest veil to hide from the big bad wolf patreon.

Reactions: Spfjolietjake

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
The whole "I don't know if I'm ready to have tenants of my own" or "you would be a excellent landlady" speeches totally pull me out of a VN. I always use the patch mainly for that reason alone. I don't need incest in a VN nor do I mind it. I enjoy how this one is setup but its the first time i felt the sting of off limit pixels. But the joys outweigh the pain:)

Heavy Sleeper

May 10, 2020
The whole "I don't know if I'm ready to have tenants of my own" or "you would be a excellent landlady" speeches totally pull me out of a VN. I always use the patch mainly for that reason alone. I don't need incest in a VN nor do I mind it. I enjoy how this one is setup but its the first time i felt the sting of off limit pixels. But the joys outweigh the pain:)
I'm jealous of you, my mind can't help but make a lot of association during my readings. But when it's like you describe, I just say it's not worth the trouble.

Reactions: Spfjolietjake

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
That story made my day. Thank you thank you!:ROFLMAO:

KrystofDayne

Donor
Dec 9, 2019
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Yes, that, exactly! :ROFLMAO:

Same for me, don't need incest, don't hate it either, but just want to read what the dev intended. The problem is when there are games out there where neither solution feels ideal, like is the case with Treasure of Nadia. There, the dev tried really hard to make this sort of "my best friend" and "my best friend's mom" feel sort of organic even though you know what he would have actually written bar these Patreon rules. But the incest patch doesn't really fix things either because the dev tried so hard, so for instance, he will more often than not simply use their names instead of referring to them by this "my best friend" stuff. So replacing sister and mother there leads to some other weird dialogue. It's just frustrating and in that case I prefer not using the incest patch.

But in the case of WVM, I'm really fine with the way things are. Azel and [the MC's sister] are probably pretty low on my list of favourite characters that I would like to have sex scenes with, I really pretty much don't care. The only thing I'll really miss is a Harp-Nat-MC threesome, that would have been awesome... but hey, you can't have everything.

3.70 star(s) 639 Votes