TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
The point was "a couple of days" has been 2 weeks with NO communication what so ever. If I am reading that right
Yeah, but so what? The dev has his life to sort out, and it is natural that something you tough would take an amount of time takes longer, depressive episodes tend to be like that for example, I'm more worried about the dev's health then the game, and even so, if your money is not on the line, what does it matter? If they were speaking about the dev's heath I would understand but there is literally zero drawbacks besides no having the game right now, and there are thousands of option on this site.

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
I do agree that people shouldn't be attacked just for asking about updates, but there are trolls in here, my comments were excluded because I mistakenly answered to one, so I understand people's frustration as well.

Aerlwyn

Dec 20, 2019
Only here is he slow about posting, i get a post from him that he sends to all his patreon members its just he is in a bad place right now and is slowly working through it.

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
Only here is he slow about posting, i get a post from him that he sends to all his patreon members its just he is in a bad place right now and is slowly working through it.
Then that person's post makes even less sense, and they obviously weren't a supporter in the first place.

Reactions: SeveredPaladin1

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
There are several supporters of his patreon here they have indicated that if he posts anything in the patreon only discord they would like us know. Yes, I want that update too and I check here and his patreon several times a day, but I can wait for the update. I won't attack anyone who asks I will keep directing them to the mini FAQ, unless they clearly indicate they read the patreon information. I just want to hear his is alive and working on getting back to a normal schedule. I worry anytime I hear someone experiences anything with a friend or family member with suicide it can be a scary topic and can affect people in odd ways. We also have to keep in mind the Covid stuff going on right now, you never know he could have been impacted with that too. Just try to be patient I know it is hard and sometimes we can make our promises for reasons that can't be shared.

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
Hmm a few days is about to turn 2 weeks.

I get loss I do....More so than most, in the last year I have lost 4 people I served with, 1 of which I was a godfather for his kids. in the last 3 years I have lost those 4 a little brother an uncle two grand parents and a cousin. I get people cope different and I have been outspoken on that but a few days does not translate into 2 weeks. I wish him the best, I completely and utterly hope the best for BrainDrop....but at this point it is off the rails.

I know its a tough time, things seem lost he is lost but you can not go on record saying "a few days " and " I'm in pain guys, but I'm going to be okay. I'm still working on WVM. It's really all I want to do right now. " to nothing.

I know this won't be a popular post and I am okay with that, but at the same time there has to be some kind of communication in the Patreon community, not a hey its comming with no show on the release nor post from him since the 5th. Again I get it, but, those on here asking when the update is coming and getting jumped on for doing so...well they have right to ask. Some have checked the Patreon feed, some havent but at the end of the day... " A few days " is convoluted at best and the lack of communication doesnt help.

For those that will lash out at this post. dont bother, I know how to use the ignore function and I have no intrest in an argument. I will re-up on being a supporter once this or if it pans out and becomes regular again.
We are not charged for June and July.

The Krypt Angel

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2019
I do agree that people shouldn't be attacked just for asking about updates, but there are trolls in here, my comments were excluded because I mistakenly answered to one, so I understand people's frustration as well.
i got mine deleted that time too "for answering a troll" which kind made me laugh since what I actually did was advise YOU not to answer him lol

xxTHESTYGIANxx

Nov 11, 2018
We are not charged for June and July.
I never said anything about being chraged, I did however say I would re-up...if you are going to quote me at least quote the meat of what is being said. My point was the communication and time quoted from Patreon. Now since I detest arguments and since I detest those that don't read the full quote but choose to pick a singular out to respond to I am adding you to ignore. Nothing personal just I hate to be called out on a singular part of a post without the person reading the entire quote...hence the ignore function.

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
He's not slow about posting here but rather avoiding this place as of late. And for reasons I fully agree with:
I completely understand. I've been visiting here less and less myself.

I loved it here and was very active at the beginning. Everything was much more light hearted and it genuinely felt like people just having fun. Critique was solid and I was still trying to find my own style and solidify where I was going with WVM.
I'm not sure if things have actually changed or if I've just become jaded after so much blind hate. Because for every hate message or review you guys see here there's 5-10 DM's you don't see. Add on some shit talk from other devs and it's easy to fade out.

I'm not trying to trash this website in anyway. I'll be the first to admit I wouldn't be anywhere near as successful as I am if it wasn't for being featured here. But man it feels like every time I come here now there's a new multi-page argument that stems from some silly shit that doesn't have the legs to be argued about for that much time. It's just people arguing opinions and repeating the same shit every single post. And that's in between the usual "update???" posts.
It's crazy to say but I actually miss the days when the biggest annoyance was "wtf happened to Natalie?!" :KEK:

I love you guys and I love interacting with the community around my game but you gotta realize there's very little to gain from visiting here recently. This thread is meant to discuss the game but it feels like it's only being used to discuss what the game isn't.

Public discord coming soon <3

I never said anything about being chraged, I did however say I would re-up...if you are going to quote me at least quote the meat of what is being said. My point was the communication and time quoted from Patreon. Now since I detest arguments and since I detest those that don't read the full quote but choose to pick a singular out to respond to I am adding you to ignore. Nothing personal just I hate to be called out on a singular part of a post without the person reading the entire quote...hence the ignore function.
This I do not understand. I'm fairly certain that armion82 isn't the only one reading 'I will re-up [...] once' as being akin to 'I don't wan't to be charged hence...'. Expecting them to answer to each and every one of your points when they only want to comment on one seems rather excessive to me. And I do find 'detesting' people for answering only to a part of your post a rather peculiar sentiment. Especially if they haven't twisted your words. :shrugs:

3.70 star(s) 639 Votes