Krynh

Engaged Member
Jan 20, 2020
Ooh, The Veronica Cult's Mistress has returned. No Longer will The Krypt Angel have free reign on conversions.

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
No worries bud I enjoy our banter lol Can't say the same for the twins they were ready to kill you cuz thwy thought you were hitting on me :eek: My girls are a bit territorial
I'm certain you will teach them how they should behave if they run wild - or you let them run wild and enjoy them:LOL:
Pffft Like any good Cult Leader I've never had to "convert" anyone pretty much every one of my flock embraced The Goddess of their own free will without me saying a word
And how many of them have had a chance to met your twins and are still a member of the cult?:devilish:

• Haha
Reactions: ImperialD

KrystofDayne

Donor
Dec 9, 2019
Does anyone have good recommendations of possibly lesser-known VNs out there while we're all still on the WVM dry spell? I feel like I've gone through all the major ones but I know there are still tons of underrated games out there, it's just really hard to separate the wheat from the chaff of all the thousands of VNs without playing through all of them.
I'm not that specific about genre, I'd just like to avoid the typical 'cest VN of the MC fucking all his sisters and his mom, that genre never tickled me much to begin with and it's just so worn out by now.

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
Does anyone have good recommendations of possibly lesser-known VNs out there while we're all still on the WVM dry spell? I feel like I've gone through all the major ones but I know there are still tons of underrated games out there, it's just really hard to separate the wheat from the chaff of all the thousands of VNs without playing through all of them.
I'm not that specific about genre, I'd just like to avoid the typical 'cest VN of the MC fucking all his sisters and his mom, that genre never tickled me much to begin with and it's just so worn out by now.
Do you consider the current featured games still lesser-know? If that's the case then have a look at Power Vacuum. It really is quite hilarious, like Zamu77 said.

Reactions: Zamu77

KrystofDayne

Donor
Dec 9, 2019
Do you consider the current featured games still lesser-know? If that's the case then have a look at Power Vacuum. It really is quite hilarious, like Zamu77 said.
Hmm thanks but that's exactly the sort of cliché 'cest game with cliché characters and a cliché premise that I'm not really looking for ^^ played a few beats, and already you have the affectionate yet weirdly inappropriate mother with huge boobs, your sweet, petite, innocent sister, and your bombshell bitchy sister. Not to mention the dead/missing dad. I'm just so tired of this xD
Another one of the reasons I like WVM because it really breaks that mold while still retaining some of the best features of typical VNs

Zamu77

Feb 13, 2018
Hmm thanks but that's exactly the sort of cliché 'cest game with cliché characters and a cliché premise that I'm not really looking for ^^ played a few beats, and already you have the affectionate yet weirdly inappropriate mother with huge boobs, your sweet, petite, innocent sister, and your bombshell bitchy sister. Not to mention the dead/missing dad. I'm just so tired of this xD
Another one of the reasons I like WVM because it really breaks that mold while still retaining some of the best features of typical VNs
Yeah, I can agree to all that, and it's also missing tags I usually look for so I shouldn't really like the game, but the writing is just so incredibly funny so I enjoy it very much anyway XD

Have you played Reluctant Archon ? It's different from every other game I play, no copy paste, and it's really good!

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
I was going to recommend Heavy Five because that should last you a few hours of trope breaking goodness, but you've already played it. ;)

How about Bad Memories, My Sister My Roommate, Personal Trainer, Where the Heart Is, Harem Hotel, The Headmaster, Vinland, Alison Fall of the Apple, Deluca Family, Offcuts, Pleasure Thieves, Areas of Gray, Mystwood Manor, The Visit, Dr Amana, Midlife Crisis, Private Cases, Gates Motel, Light of my Life, Unleashed, Alexandra, Haley's Story or Tales from the Unending Void?

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
I was going to recommend Heavy Five because that should last you a few hours of trope breaking goodness, but you've already played it. ;)

How about Bad Memories, My Sister My Roommate, Personal Trainer, Where the Heart Is, Harem Hotel, The Headmaster, Vinland, Alison Fall of the Apple, Deluca Family, Offcuts, Pleasure Thieves, Areas of Gray, Mystwood Manor, The Visit, Dr Amana, Midlife Crisis, Private Cases, Gates Motel, Light of my Life, Unleashed, Alexandra, Haley's Story or Tales from the Unending Void?
I hope you didnt leave Picture Perfect and My New Family out on purpose.

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
I could suggest some of my favorites but I think most have already been talked about here: Mid Life Crisis, My New Family, Parental Love, The Deluca Family, The Awakening, Radiant but I think they are outside of what you are looking for.

Not sure exactly what you are looking for but maybe one of these that I have not seen anyone else talk about before:
https://f95zone.to/threads/a-different-summer-ep-1-6-k84.11800/ (If you like mature women this could work for you, it's been a while for an update and I can't remember if the one lady is the MC aunt or not)
https://f95zone.to/threads/the-intoxicating-flavor-v0-5-4-pixelslab.12818/ (A different type of story but I am enjoying it while still really trying to figure out what is going on, but it will take a while to get through all the text {limited on lewd stuff but the stuff that is in there is good})
https://f95zone.to/threads/double-homework-ep-12-palmer.28238/ (Ugh this game has a depressing story and I want to kill the villain {and sometime want to punch my laptop}, but for some reason {the redheads oh it has to be them} I can't stop playing it. I always have to come back to WVM after a chapter just to get me in a better mood.)
https://f95zone.to/threads/neko-paradise-v0-07-alorth.39572/ (Not sure if Cat Girls are your thing but I wanted to recommend a few things outside the box {yes, some of them look a little creepy, but I did enjoy something different for a change})
https://f95zone.to/threads/summer-scent-v0-4-1-the-naughty-captain.38131/ (this one is good but there is a sister involved in the story, I think you can avoid her and focus on her friend instead though {not that I tired to avoid the sister})

I like to try a few different things here and there but WVM is always my go to game. Hopefully you enjoy one of my other recommendations though. As far as I know all the games listed are still active and not abandoned or completed. Some have not been updated for a while.

Reactions: JujuFruit

Krynh

Engaged Member
Jan 20, 2020
Is areas of gray worth sticking with? I found the Ui and sandbox nature a bit odd

The Krypt Angel

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2019
You might have already played it by now since it's been around for years but I'd recommend Katawa Shoujo. It's been my go to "feel better" VN for years before WVM came into my life that is. A quick run of the Lilly and/or Hanako routes never fails to warm my cold heart no matter how much shit I've had piled on me.

3.70 star(s) 639 Votes