Jace325

Dec 27, 2019
Does anyone have good recommendations of possibly lesser-known VNs out there while we're all still on the WVM dry spell? I feel like I've gone through all the major ones but I know there are still tons of underrated games out there, it's just really hard to separate the wheat from the chaff of all the thousands of VNs without playing through all of them.
I'm not that specific about genre, I'd just like to avoid the typical 'cest VN of the MC fucking all his sisters and his mom, that genre never tickled me much to begin with and it's just so worn out by now.
If you haven't checked out Triangle, Life with Mary, A House in the Rift, and A Knights Tale I can highly recommend them. The Wish is pretty good (a bit of incest but not the usual tropes), Away from Home is good its close the the typical 'cest set up but it might enough of a twist to try out.

Reactions: juan palote

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
If you haven't checked out Triangle, Life with Mary, A House in the Rift, and A Knights Tale I can highly recommend them. The Wish is pretty good (a bit of incest but not the usual tropes), Away from Home is good its close the the typical 'cest set up but it might enough of a twist to try out.
I strongly recommend Triangle and A Knights Tale.

A house on the Rift is good, but its kind of sandbox/point and click what5ever you want to call it, which to me is kind of a downer because i still cant understand why, since it makes no sense

Reactions: Jace325

The Krypt Angel

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2019
I strongly recommend Triangle and A Knights Tale.
Both are great tho it might be worth mentioning they are mostly Kinetic Novel's since that can sometimes be a deal breaker. Triangle has several "choices" but only 2-3 of them make a difference and only for the end. AKT has 1 choice at the very beginning which has yet to have any actual impact on the plot so far.

Reactions: L30 and Jace325

Yolda

Jul 30, 2018
You might have already played it by now since it's been around for years but I'd recommend Katawa Shoujo. It's been my go to "feel better" VN for years before WVM came into my life that is. A quick run of the Lilly and/or Hanako routes never fails to warm my cold heart no matter how much shit I've had piled on me.
Yeah, Katawa Shoujo is what got me into VN's. Can recommend that without doubts at all!
Realy liked the emotional rolercoaster in the Emi route.

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
Trendy tattoo, it seems. ;) This is Lilly from Pine Falls, she's crazy too
View attachment 731906
Though I am quite late to the party, I come bearing gifts. And you probably should make that tattoos :
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

BigTyson, armion82, Nadia way very well be (the inspiration for) the girl in question as OMVN is among the featured devs on day 5/6:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: armion82

paulawantcock

Feb 24, 2018
No matter how small the update, I feel so connected to you, and this VN. Silly I know, I do dream about this game, and Shauna. Sick? Yeah I know, I do have a bf, wants to try to match up... But he hits me when he drinks. He is a great guy though, and I love him. Just like you dev. Kisses :)

Mattdaven92

Oct 22, 2017
Does anyone have good recommendations of possibly lesser-known VNs out there while we're all still on the WVM dry spell? I feel like I've gone through all the major ones but I know there are still tons of underrated games out there, it's just really hard to separate the wheat from the chaff of all the thousands of VNs without playing through all of them.
I'm not that specific about genre, I'd just like to avoid the typical 'cest VN of the MC fucking all his sisters and his mom, that genre never tickled me much to begin with and it's just so worn out by now.
If you haven't already played them, you should look at DanielsK's games. He has some earlier ones I haven't played yet that apparently work as a sort of overarching story but, I know for sure Lancaster Boarding House, Pine Falls, and Dusklight Manor are good.

xxTHESTYGIANxx

Nov 11, 2018
Hmm a few days is about to turn 2 weeks.

I get loss I do....More so than most, in the last year I have lost 4 people I served with, 1 of which I was a godfather for his kids. in the last 3 years I have lost those 4 a little brother an uncle two grand parents and a cousin. I get people cope different and I have been outspoken on that but a few days does not translate into 2 weeks. I wish him the best, I completely and utterly hope the best for BrainDrop....but at this point it is off the rails.

I know its a tough time, things seem lost he is lost but you can not go on record saying "a few days " and " I'm in pain guys, but I'm going to be okay. I'm still working on WVM. It's really all I want to do right now. " to nothing.

I know this won't be a popular post and I am okay with that, but at the same time there has to be some kind of communication in the Patreon community, not a hey its comming with no show on the release nor post from him since the 5th. Again I get it, but, those on here asking when the update is coming and getting jumped on for doing so...well they have right to ask. Some have checked the Patreon feed, some havent but at the end of the day... " A few days " is convoluted at best and the lack of communication doesnt help.

For those that will lash out at this post. dont bother, I know how to use the ignore function and I have no intrest in an argument. I will re-up on being a supporter once this or if it pans out and becomes regular again.

3.70 star(s) 639 Votes