Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
Honestly I played SL, and I didn't care too much about that. As I felt like the game ending up forcing a lot it's renders on some routes while leaving the other really bare. If you don't go with the femdom path, you basically lose more then half of the character + a chance with another girl. I much prefer a harem that doesn't lock you out of a full harem just because you don't enjoy a certain fetish.
Yeah WVM is a lot more giving on preference. I was smitten with both Bella paths so thats the main reason I enjoyed SL.
My only grudge on this VN is that Willow is so attractive to me but sadly out of my mc's reach. It wasn't knowing who she was that hooked me but when she was so vulnerable to the mc that one night that sold me on her.
But for complaints that is a tiny one.

zoyle

Jan 23, 2019
Honestly I played SL, and I didn't care too much about that. As I felt like the game ending up forcing a lot it's renders on some routes while leaving the other really bare. If you don't go with the femdom path, you basically lose more then half of the character + a chance with another girl. I much prefer a harem that doesn't lock you out of a full harem just because you don't enjoy a certain fetish.
I'd agree the game has some flaws - another example is how Rachel being interested in sleeping with more than you is tied pretty directly to the watersports stuff.

That's why I used Bella as my example - I think she's the best example in that game, where you get fundamentally different interactions and events and a different relationship dynamic depending on your choices. One of the more interesting ending sequences of SL comes if you don't pursue Mrs Smith or Liza at all, and have a dominant relationship with Bella - you end up with a 3 person relationship where Bella is submissive to both Rachel AND the MC. I like that the game offers you fundamentally different relationships with some characters in playthroughs depending on your choices. If anything, I think the problem with both the 'likes to share you' Rachel path and the 'femdom' Mrs Smith path is that they play out like bonus content: you get a certain relationship with each character, and if you make the right choices you also get extra scenes.

In contrast, with Bella you get fundamentally different and incompatible storyline and sequences depending on whether you control her or assist her. In one, she surrenders and you have a strong dom/sub dynamic, in the other, she's trying on wedding dresses and wanting to have a family.

Heavy Sleeper

May 10, 2020
I'd agree the game has some flaws - another example is how Rachel being interested in sleeping with more than you is tied pretty directly to the watersports stuff.

That's why I used Bella as my example - I think she's the best example in that game, where you get fundamentally different interactions and events and a different relationship dynamic depending on your choices. One of the more interesting ending sequences of SL comes if you don't pursue Mrs Smith or Liza at all, and have a dominant relationship with Bella - you end up with a 3 person relationship where Bella is submissive to both Rachel AND the MC. I like that the game offers you fundamentally different relationships with some characters in playthroughs depending on your choices. If anything, I think the problem with both the 'likes to share you' Rachel path and the 'femdom' Mrs Smith path is that they play out like bonus content: you get a certain relationship with each character, and if you make the right choices you also get extra scenes.

In contrast, with Bella you get fundamentally different and incompatible storyline and sequences depending on whether you control her or assist her. In one, she surrenders and you have a strong dom/sub dynamic, in the other, she's trying on wedding dresses and wanting to have a family.
But like I said in my replay before, that's not the point of true harem. You are asking for (semi)romance. I played this game, and it immediately become my favorite harem game(sharing the space with my other sig).
https://f95zone.to/threads/wvm-day-1-7-v0-7-6-braindrop.35910/post-3957138

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019

I get what you are saying but we are way off topic for this thread. I did enjoy it though but these posts are on borrowed time

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
From the student body, I've always had a soft spot for Ruby. Yet here's the thing, I distinctly remember she had a dog in her first appearance. But when we got into her dorm room, no sign of the dog. We did get to meet her sister though, Moon. I haven't gone back to check, but was there perchance a full moon out the first time MC and Ruby met? :unsure:
How many dorms allow pets? I'd expect that her family are local and the pup lives with them. I can't remember if Moon actually lives with her or was just napping in her room when we met her.

Reactions: Jace325

Braindrop

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2019
I guess what I would point out is that developers can give you the same number of choices by having branching paths with less girls. As far as looks, that doesn't work so well with body types/ethnicities but you can certainly do it with sexual roles, personalities, and even physical details like hair color.

Its kind of the opposite because she is the protagonist but think about how many options you have to affect the looks of Ashley in Good Girl Gone Bad (which is probably the best completed/finished VN on the site, right?). Boyfriends get asked a lot about clothing choices and 'hum i was thinking about going blonde' type stuff, especially once people are actually living together - 'which of these should I wear today', etc.
You bring up good points and none of it is unachievable but it comes down to what kind of game you're trying to make and how you make your images.

It heavily depends on the story you're trying to tell.
If your game contains 3-5 girls and the story is based on just those girls and they're relatively bottled then branching paths make complete sense.
If you're trying to tell a story with a narrative not solely based on the girls and the story calls for many girls that all interact with each other constantly then branching paths balloon into an absolute insane amount of work and an incoherent story.
Let me quickly explain.

A lot of games bottle their characters. Meaning the only interaction is between the MC and the LI. And the LI's never really interact. That allows for way more options as render work and story work remain 1:1.

Now say that character has to interact with three different girls that all have the same amount of options. They also interact within a narrative. You now have to tailor hand renders for attitudes, characteristics, emotions / facial expressions, etc for every single one of those interactions. Meaning the story and work has ballooned into at least 10x more work. Also keep in mind my average render time is 30 minutes, that's after setting up my scene.

Now imagine if I'm trying to tell a story about a guy helping a lot (a lot) of girls. While working within a timeline of a college basketball season where every girl interacts and not just a few at a time. There's absolutely no way for me to include an intricate branching system without me slowing production to a halt. (also my story just doesn't call for it.) Yes some girls will have super detailed story lines while some others will be simpler. The same goes for some decisions, there are some that will change a lot about the story while there are some that don't do much at all. (I'm looking at you "chicken" or "salad") And yes I try my best to have a varied cast but it's not for the sake of making something for everyone. It's because my story calls for a large cast and I wanted it to be varied and have every girl have their own "thing".

Sometimes you just gotta realize what you are and not try to be something you're not. Which is why the walk through is what it is. A big reason for why that "is" is because I started working on WVM because there weren't any games that were made exactly how I wanted. So I made it myself.
You seem to know exactly what you want and have a vision for something so if you have any interest in it then I'd heavily suggest working on a VN / making your own. :)

zoyle

Jan 23, 2019
You bring up good points and none of it is unachievable but it comes down to what kind of game you're trying to make and how you make your images.

If your game contains 3-5 girls and the story is based on just those girls and they're relatively bottled then branching paths make complete sense.
If you're trying to tell a story with a narrative not solely based on the girls and the story calls for many girls that all interact with each other constantly then branching paths balloon into an absolute insane amount of work and an incoherent story.
Let me quickly explain.

A lot of games bottle their characters. Meaning the only interaction is between the MC and the LI. And the LI's never really interact. That allows for way more options as render work and story work remain 1:1.

Now say that character has to interact with three different girls that all have the same amount of options. They also interact within a narrative. You now have to tailor hand renders for attitudes, characteristics, emotions / facial expressions, etc for every single one of those interactions. Meaning the story and work has ballooned into at least 10x more work. Also keep in mind my average render time is 30 minutes, that's after setting up my scene.

Now imagine if I'm trying to tell a story about a guy helping a lot (a lot) of girls. While working within a timeline of a college basketball season where every girl interacts and not just a few at a time. There's absolutely no way for me to include an intricate branching system without me slowing production to a halt. (also my story just doesn't call for it.) Yes some girls will have super detailed story lines while some others will be simpler. The same goes for some decisions, there are some that will change a lot about the story while there are some that don't do much at all. (I'm looking at you "chicken" or "salad") And yes I try my best to have a varied cast but it's not for the sake of making something for everyone. It's because my story calls for a large cast and I wanted it to be varied and have every girl have their own "thing".

Sometimes you just gotta realize what you are and not try to be something you're not. Which is why the walk through is what it is. A big reason for why that "is" is because I started working on WVM because there weren't any games that were made exactly how I wanted. So I made it myself.
You seem to know exactly what you want and have a vision for something so if you have any interest in it then I'd heavily suggest working on a VN / making your own. :)
Hey i appreciate the reply and I am glad you didn't take it as criticism (I quite enjoy your game). You're right about the character bottling - the way that Jamie gets involved/aware in all of the MC's actions in your game is something I see as a real perk because it makes things seem realistic.

As far as creating something myself, that's certainly something I could contribute to (I am a programmer), but I don't have any sort of graphical design or rendering chops, so I doubt it's something I'd ever attempt alone.

The Krypt Angel

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2019
How many dorms allow pets? I'd expect that her family are local and the pup lives with them. I can't remember if Moon actually lives with her or was just napping in her room when we met her.
There's a chance the dog wasn't even hers or her family's maybe she does dog walking for supplementary income along side her store job

• Thinking Face
Reactions: AceOfNiagara

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019

Let me quickly explain.

I'm so glad you are back among us.

alley.viper

Aug 14, 2017

Let me quickly explain.

Hey there, how you doing, how're you holding up?

Heavy Sleeper

May 10, 2020

Let me quickly explain.

That's why I fricking love you, you know what you want to make and you do it. No bullshitting in attempt to please us or anybody

Braindrop

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2019
Hey there, how you doing, how're you holding up?
About as well as one could hope right now. Definitely not good but good enough.
Just doing my best to stay positive. :)

One thing that sucks is that I really wanted the update to be good to go today and get back on my Thursday schedule cleanly. But there's still so much to do that I'm probably still a few days out. I've worked close to nonstop this week and it feels like I barely made a dent so there's a lot of frustration but I'm trying to let it slide. I know the update will be great and I really hope it will be worth the wait and that everyone enjoys it.

So yeah, getting by. :giggle:

I hope all of you guys are doing well.

zoyle

Jan 23, 2019

One thing that sucks is that I really wanted the update to be good to go today and get back on my Thursday schedule cleanly. But there's still so much to do that I'm probably still a few days out. I've worked close to nonstop this week and it feels like I barely made a dent so there's a lot of frustration but I'm trying to let it slide. I know the update will be great and I really hope it will be worth the wait and that everyone enjoys it.

One thing I want to add while you're paying attention is how nice it is to see a creator who is active and trying to work to a schedule, I frequently feel like it's only worth checking even great creations once every 6 months or so because creating content is so time-consuming (especially the rendering, I would imagine).

alley.viper

Aug 14, 2017

I've been where you're at. A lot of loss, a lot of grief. I can't tell you how many close people I've lost in my years. It's hard, I know, but you have to remember one thing: their life has come to an end, but not yours. Mourn and grief as everyone does, but at the end of the day your life is what should matter the most to you.

Reactions: Braindrop

Lord Soth

Mar 8, 2020
An example of a game that works like this is Sisterly Lust - you have some side options, but really you have 4 primary sexual interests, and most of those relationships change substantially based on your choices (like Bella is the most extreme example in that one). And it does that despite SL being a harem game, where your choices often have a lot less of an impact because you don't really face very many consequences.

I loved Sisterly Lust too, but honestly? I love WVM way more.....it`s kinda hard to nail the exact reason...story...the girls...the feel good factor....it just all gels together...
Damn, I just realized how much I miss Zoe and Bailey...and Shauna..:love:

Last edited:

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I loved Sisterly Lust too, but honestly? I love WVM way more....
I like the characters in this, some of them more than those in SL but SL got the feeling of a harem down better for me.

This has the girls but it's like a queue, he fucks one then back in line she goes.

In SL everyone loved everyone else so no one was ever left out. Everyone had their own little pairing going on so those not with the MC still had someone. That's always felt better and why I avoid a lot of harem games on here. So many people complain if girls pair off and do something without the MC being around.

This has the advantage of numbers so it rarely stands still but those harems where the only ones having sex are those with direct contact with the MC have always bored me. They never feel very intimate. It's really awakward to watch those 3 somes where the girls never touch.

3.70 star(s) 641 Votes