markel1000

Oct 27, 2020
Personally I find the music being matched to the mood of the current scene to be worth it even if the music is pretty basic, which you simply can't get with your own playlist. It would be pretty cool if there were a folder we could drop music into to add it to the game.
Basically how depraved awakening did it

Reactions: Minx077

Vile_Mage

Oct 4, 2020
Shauna can get pregnant but if i recall she is not ready yet or she doesnt wants to get pregnant.....but we will see in th future how that's gonna roll....hope we will see something like that cause Sauna deserve it (y)(y)

KiichiYakuza

Mar 2, 2022
Yeah because alt-tabbing to a browser to change the track every couple of minutes is really good for helping get in the mood, isn't it?
Heard of the feature of a "playlist" on youtube?
Or the same with a basic music player?

Hell you could even use Alexa, Siri, Google Nest or Cortana to play songs you like by simply telling them.

Neither the key "Alt" nor the key "Tab" even need to be looked at to hear fitting music that you like.
this post of brannon
exactly what I wanted to say.

Aioto

Oct 31, 2018
this post of brannon
exactly what I wanted to say.
I think what he means is that the game could have a folder of music with generic file names that represent the feeling they convey. Then you could take any song from your computer, rename after the one you wanna replace, replace it in the folder and the game will play it for you , and most importantly, at the right moment, so you don't have to go up and down in the playlist to change songs manually whenever the mood in the story changed.

KiichiYakuza

Mar 2, 2022
I think what he means is that the game could have a folder of music with generic file names that represent the feeling they convey. Then you could take any song from your computer, rename after the one you wanna replace, replace it in the folder and the game will play it for you , and most importantly, at the right moment, so you don't have to go up and down in the playlist to change songs manually whenever the mood in the story changed.
yea but those would also need to be coded in the script and so on,
so..instead of asking the dev for more work why not just :
1. not use music
2. use Koga addon
or
3. use YT.
Just saying.

• Angry
Reactions: Oghmios1337

Aioto

Oct 31, 2018
yea but those would also need to be coded in the script and so on,
so..instead of asking the dev for more work why not just :
1. not use music
2. use Koga addon
or
3. use YT.
Just saying.
They would already be coded in the script because you would be replacing music files that were already there with your own. Also it's just an idea, BD already said he was thinking of hiring someone to make the music for the game later down the line.

Reactions: Oghmios1337

KiichiYakuza

Mar 2, 2022
They would already be coded in the script because you would be replacing music files that were already there with your own. Also it's just an idea, BD already said he was thinking of hiring someone to make the music for the game later down the line.
but they are not now, they would need to be added, that means dev would need to go over every scene in order to code variables and so on..
Not sure why players would want that , give him more work, when there's options like Koga mod (which is very good) or if you're really picky go for some YT...

D9074

Feb 21, 2021
I play all VNs on mute, it doesnt affect the story at all for me, i think ive only listened to 2 different things and thats because they was making music in game.

a good story, writing and decent art is what gets you immersed, way more than any music or sound effects.

Brannon

Nov 2, 2017
I play all VNs on mute, it doesnt affect the story at all for me, i think ive only listened to 2 different things and thats because they was making music in game.

a good story, writing and decent art is what gets you immersed, way more than any music or sound effects.
Sound effects help with immersion.
But music is a totally different matter. Personal preferences play a crucial role in it.

While "bad" sound effects can end up annoying "bad" music can literally destroy any intended immersion.

Example:
If the story of the VN I play is that I end up with a girl in a club and for immersion sake some DJed up pop song is played regardless of the girls actions/dress ANY chance of me feeling adventurous or horny is out the window.
With some anvils attached.
And some hand grenades for good measure.

In the past I quit "big" games that I enjoyed previously because some "hurry up" or "danger" music started playing that ignored the audio slider.

Sound design is a crucial part of games, so far so correct.
But also the prime suspect of why a game failed expectations as well.

With Visual Novels from amateur developers music mostly is not their main area of expertise meaning it is either mediocre at best or is shipped off to "professional" musicians who may or may not actually grasp the intent of the game.

Abhishek_tanwar

Feb 20, 2021
i think everyone is just different, some like the sounds and all of that and some dont care.. i personally dont care
that is perfect pov. agreed that some use music some don't. it's personal choice.
I usually like to read in VN so, sometimes music can be problematic so i use mute option.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brannon and D9074

D9074

Feb 21, 2021
that is perfect pov. agreed that some use music some don't. it's personal choice.
I usually like to read in VN so, sometimes music can be problematic so use use mute option.
yeah, i usually have youtube or something on in the background too and be watching something as i play, so thats another reason i dont want game sounds. no one is right in what is better whether its with or without sound because it all comes down to personal preference.

i understand that if some had voice actors for each character then sure that could be more immersive but then if you hear someone talking as your character that could put people off or make it less immersive for them. idk if people have done that for any games btw its just the only thing i can think of that would make me think different about it.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Abhishek_tanwar

Aioto

Oct 31, 2018
This! Personally I would make it named folders so you could have multiple bits of music for each mood and players wouldn't need to rename files, just drop them in the right folder. It would be fairly trivial to implement, adding it to an existing game would be a bit more work but that would be the case with adding any music.
But how would the game load the music if the file name isn't included in the file path that's coded in? You see, I think it would be better to have just one folder with the music files named after what they represent like happy, sad, fight etc. then you take a music file from your computer and rename it happy for example, make sure it's the right file format and replace the one in the folder and it's done.

Last edited:
3.70 star(s) 650 Votes