Hyuki

Dec 12, 2019
I like WVM

I am not here to defend BD (I don’t think he’s abandoned it but he’s definitely taking his sweet time)

I like the loose semblance of plot about the dad and his many mysteries and secrets.

Before you think I’m another Mackenzie, I do have multiple grievances with the game

I think the season one rework is a bad idea, it sounds like little more than BD introducing even more love interests and making it even more convoluted. The biggest issues with season one (rushed pacing, messy plot) are things that got worse in season two so I can’t see a rework helping.

I also find that endless reworks can kill interest in creating a game/leave the creator in a loop where they try to make the game perfect. Both ways often end up in abandonment so…

Noid42

May 19, 2018
I also find that endless reworks can kill interest in creating a game/leave the creator in a loop where they try to make the game perfect. Both ways often end up in abandonment so…
I think its the other way around.
Decent developers tend to learn a lot between updates, and reworking the early often outdated, often bad parts of a VN that is in development for a few years is definitely a choice.
So when the dev gets in a rut, gets bored, writes himself into a corner (or a massive room filled with 100 LI's), or just feels like kicking back and enjoying the sweet sweet patreon money, ITS REWORK TIME BABYYYY.
The timeline checks out.

Another prime example of VN's that takes too long to complete fizzling out.

talonx4

May 16, 2019
I mean.. He said the update was "almost done", then says he has some "news soon", then he goes on "vacation". I get vacation is just paused payments, but dude cmon. He gets all the hate he deserves. Anyone know any devs that actually have passion on what they are working on? Checking out Desert Stalker. Seems interesting.
beating_dead_horse.gif

kaz1991x

Jan 3, 2022
I mean.. He said the update was "almost done", then says he has some "news soon", then he goes on "vacation". I get vacation is just paused payments, but dude cmon. He gets all the hate he deserves. Anyone know any devs that actually have passion on what they are working on? Checking out Desert Stalker. Seems interesting.
View attachment 3743088
You'll Have a good time with Desert Stalker. It tends to follow some of the same story beats as other "dystopian" games, but it has enough variability between the LIs and their quest lines to make it stand out. Only real gripe I've had is the "Most of the women love you by default" thing. Still, the positives outweigh the negatives.

kaz1991x

Jan 3, 2022
That's the most lame complaint ever... oh no... the woman in a harem game like the MC... the horror...
That is literally why they exist... to be fucked by the MC at some point...

Do you really want to play for 20hrs for the MC to maybe have charmed one of them? :KEK:
I never said it should be a long tedious grind. But it's not a kinetic novel. It's a game. You should have to do SOMETHING. It doesn't have to be a ton of work, just a couple interactions to build up.

Honestly, when you watch a series, do you watch only the first episode before skipping to the finale for the pay-off? Do you play every video game in god mode to avoid any challenge?

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
I never said it should be a long tedious grind. But it's not a kinetic novel. It's a game. You should have to do SOMETHING. It doesn't have to be a ton of work, just a couple interactions to build up.

Honestly, when you watch a series, do you watch only the first episode before skipping to the finale for the pay-off? Do you play every video game in god mode to avoid any challenge?
Dude... it's a VN... not Dark Souls... :KEK:
There are no challenges in reading an interactive novel.

Taylan13

Feb 27, 2022
Short story I've been away for a few weeks, I'm a little too lazy to read pages and more pages of the thread. To summarize, what is the last excuse that the "developer" gave us?

3.70 star(s) 650 Votes