Aug 18, 2019
Well I'm glad you got a good resolution out of this, but how many others have as well?....

If this thread upsets him so much, maybe he should take a moment to analyze WHY people are upset with him here. Him and his mod seem to have a tight leash on all other outlets, they don't allow the "customer" to voice a complaint and be upset over his actions, ones that he repeatedly apologizes for, only to keep repeating. It's probably even more upsetting for them to be subjected to stupid crap like slow mode, spam emotes, delete messages to block customers from having their say, something they donated for the right to have.

It just so happens you voiced your complaint louder in an area he has no control over, so probably figured had to do some damage control. If he really wants to promote happy environment everywhere, all he has to do is be honest and stop treating customers like kids. If he can't handle criticisms, maybe stop doing stuff that leads to it like overpromising and under delivering constantly. Yeah guys the update will be out on sunday, no no wait I'm having render problems, another 8hrs, no no I'm having packaging problems so another day, no no guys I have another 30 images to re-render, in a week. How could any customer be happy with that.... :sneaky:
it's difficult when he sends you messages that have nothing to do with the game and only about him as a person

on one hand, i feel bad for him, as the person ... however ...

if he's genuine when he sends people messages in candor, how can he translate the opposite into his game? the biggest thing is that it's been going on SO LONG - - can you really feel like he is sorry, truly sorry, when he just keeps doing it over and over again

extreme comparison, but it's like a cheating ex who KEEPS SLEEPING AROUND, but then apologizes and explains oneself, and MAYBE you understand them (nah, stay broken up), but you CANT TRUST THEM

i can only assume he has a mental disorder (not shaming anyone) that kicks in during game development, idk

Reactions: mofonistik

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
it's difficult when he sends you messages that have nothing to do with the game and only about him as a person

on one hand, i feel bad for him, as the person ... however ...
Keep in mind. He's manipulative and a habitual liar. When he appeals to your sympathy, repeat this mantra until your mind is clear...

BD is full of shit.

BD is full of shit.

BD is full of shit.

Reactions: rolfcopter and 95er

Taylan13

Feb 27, 2022
UPDATE: So. BrainDrop saw my posts on here. Well. The new ones. (The old ones too but that's a given.) He apologized. He refunded me. YES. This F95 page really upsets him. Like. A LOT. So much so, that he has been taking the actions he has. Personally, I did not know that it angered/saddened/frustrated him to such lengths. You might say I was the "straw that broke the camel's back".

I will not be screencapping his apology. No. He did not ask me to refrain. He didn't ask anything of me. No. I'm not selling out. Yes. I may post screencaps in the future. However, I will not further the suffering of another in pain. Even if I disagree with him/her. It takes a truly cruel person to hurt someone after they admit they are in pain. I am not that person. I can't be. The fact that I could not/would not initiate anything with the Patreon process is testament to that.

It's been a lot in just 2 days. I like erotic stories. Just like some people like making shoes for some reason. It feels sappy and silly to have feelings over this, but it wasn't just me. I have met dozens of people in this thread and on the Patreon I've chilled with for like, 4 months now on a daily basis? I do enjoy that, socially/mentally at least. I'm taking a break for now, but I'll be lurking in here. Maybe next month I'll be back to my antics (toned down a little more), but for now, I need a break.

~Secret Agent Katie (not so secret any more)

---------------------------------------------------------------​

PS EDIT : This post was not made to condone or diminish the wrong-doing of BD or his project. It was meant to be the final say on a roller coaster ride at a pinnacle of recent events involving game development and social rebellion. Which, ironically, just happened to focus around me and Braindrop.

I understand how, socially, my words without context may upset others who have suffered similarly or worse, and never got the "public support" or response from the Developer-Direct. It wasn't meant to be proud, clout, or dismissive. I'm sorry to anyone who seems like I was abandoning a community that has protected and supported me all summer.

That said, I feel saying anything else on this matter is only going to turn the tables on myself.
I'm not going to flame you, you have your perspective on how you live all this.

I hope you understand that most of us here are not emotionally involved in all this, yes there is surely someone who already hates BD to the point that it bothers them that he breathes too loudly, but most of us see things more clearly and from what you tell us it's clear that BD is manipulating you, you say: "I did not know that it angered/saddened/frustrated him to such lengths".

He is clearly appealing to your empathy and using it to his advantage, to such an extent that you feel bad, when he is the one who has caused everything and don't misunderstand him the problem is not even the delays at this point, the problem is him, no, rather his actions.

I can easily name 10 developers with similar problems to BD. They are often late with their updates, but unlike BD they accept their mistakes, not try to make excuses and blame everything on the rock outside their house. No, they accept it, apologize and continue working to bring the update as soon as they can.

So that's why, that appeal to empathy is ridiculous, if you think about it with a cool head and don't get me wrong, empathy is necessary in society, but BD is trying to evade responsibility for their actions through their vulnerability.

Sorry if it got too long, I couldn't stop when I started typing, and I think I'm running out of things to say but this is already quite long.

In the end you can do and say what you think best but I maintain my thought: you are being emotionally manipulated.

• Sad
Reactions: EclipseTheStars
Aug 18, 2019
I'm not going to flame you, you have your perspective on how you live all this.

I hope you understand that most of us here are not emotionally involved in all this, yes there is surely someone who already hates BD to the point that it bothers them that he breathes too loudly, but most of us see things more clearly and from what you tell us it's clear that BD is manipulating you, you say: "I did not know that it angered/saddened/frustrated him to such lengths".

He is clearly appealing to your empathy and using it to his advantage, to such an extent that you feel bad, when he is the one who has caused everything and don't misunderstand him the problem is not even the delays at this point, the problem is him, no, rather his actions.

I can easily name 10 developers with similar problems to BD. They are often late with their updates, but unlike BD they accept their mistakes, not try to make excuses and blame everything on the rock outside their house. No, they accept it, apologize and continue working to bring the update as soon as they can.

So that's why, that appeal to empathy is ridiculous, if you think about it with a cool head and don't get me wrong, empathy is necessary in society, but BD is trying to evade responsibility for their actions through their vulnerability.

Sorry if it got too long, I couldn't stop when I started typing, and I think I'm running out of things to say but this is already quite long.

In the end you can do and say what you think best but I maintain my thought: you are being emotionally manipulated.
i guess you could be right, but that makes me sad then

EDIT : holy fucking shit, you're right :(

Better Cock Spock

Half Vulcan, Half Simp
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
I know BD has absolutely no credibility in this thread—and for good reason—but I feel that his conversation with Katie comes off much more genuine than whatever he says in Discord or Patreon. Granted, we only have Katie's word to go off of, but I'm willing to actually give him the benefit of the doubt this one and only time. If it really is bullshit, then I look foolish for showing compassion and then get over my stupidity in like an hour. If I'm right, then this could be a sign of change on the horizon. Why else would he admit to keeping an eye on this thread, if he isn't going to do shit to try and change our opinions of him, since it apparently still matters to him.

I know people like him, who struggle to improve themselves but relapse again and again. They'll clean up their act for like a week at most before just falling back into their old habits. It both is and isn't their fault. Big difference is that they aren't getting paid in spite of their failures. But I would like to believe him this time. Credit where credit is due, his misguided attempt at 52/52 was working for a hot minute. It's not nothing. I'd like to see more of that progress.

Tell me to touch grass or call me a fucking dumbass if you want. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. I've shit on him as much as anyone, but I'd like to see something good actually come out of this. Maybe this hits a little close to home in a minor way, but I'd rather be empathetic than a vitriolic coomer who thinks milky devs are scum.

I'm sure I'll a receive reasonable response to my gay little speech.

MiltonPowers

Twins Basil! Twins!
Donor
Jul 26, 2023
I know BD has absolutely no credibility in this thread—and for good reason—but I feel that his conversation with Katie comes off much more genuine than whatever he says in Discord or Patreon. Granted, we only have Katie's word to go off of, but I'm willing to actually give him the benefit of the doubt this one and only time. If it really is bullshit, then I look foolish for showing compassion and then get over my stupidity in like an hour. If I'm right, then this could be a sign of change on the horizon. Why else would he admit to keeping an eye on this thread, if he isn't going to do shit to try and change our opinions of him, since it apparently still matters to him.

I know people like him, who struggle to improve themselves but relapse again and again. They'll clean up their act for like a week at most before just falling back into their old habits. It both is and isn't their fault. Big difference is that they aren't getting paid in spite of their failures. But I would like to believe him this time. Credit where credit is due, his misguided attempt at 52/52 was working for a hot minute. It's not nothing. I'd like to see more of that progress.

Tell me to touch grass or call me a fucking dumbass if you want. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. I've shit on him as much as anyone, but I'd like to see something good actually come out of this. Maybe this hits a little close to home in a minor way, but I'd rather be empathetic than a vitriolic coomer who thinks milky devs are scum.

Spock, I think someone has hacked your F95 account. :)

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
Personally I'm elated to hear that BrainDead is crying about the F95 thread. I hope that our continued full time criticism, part time cyber-bullying are enough to push him into a padded room for a couple months. Fuck that guy.

Reactions: tslojr and kcaldw
Aug 18, 2019

i mean, i told him i wouldn't screencap his replies (he didn't ask) but i'll say this :

dude sent like ... 7 paragraphs, and over 30 lines of text

would be a VERY LONG CON for just a single subscriber, a lot of people in here making good points on the other side of things, but i don't hold it against you to feel a little positive, maybe i can send MY replies on here without feeling like i've broken my word

one of the last things i told him was that honestly, i'd want nothing less than the game to get completed in a timely manner with a great ending (or endings) ... that all made sense (it's just a hard concept to grasp given his track record)

Nadira

Jun 29, 2024
Personally I'm elated to hear that BrainDead is crying about the F95 thread. I hope that our continued full time criticism, part time cyber-bullying are enough to push him into a padded room for a couple months. Fuck that guy.
I would quote what Tylor the Creator said about cyber-bullying but I don't want to get banned here... :KEK:

Better Cock Spock

Half Vulcan, Half Simp
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
i mean, i told him i wouldn't screencap his replies (he didn't ask) but i'll say this :

dude sent like ... 7 paragraphs, and over 30 lines of text

would be a VERY LONG CON for just a single subscriber, a lot of people in here making good points on the other side of things, but i don't hold it against you to feel a little positive, maybe i can send MY replies on here without feeling like i've broken my word

one of the last things i told him was that honestly, i'd want nothing less than the game to get completed in a timely manner with a great ending (or endings) ... that all made sense (it's just a hard concept to grasp given his track record)
You don't have to share anything. I wasn't really expecting any agreement to an expression of sincerity in this thread. But I just wanted to voice my opinion.

Aug 18, 2019
i have decided that posting MY RESPONSES upholds the agreement i gave to BD freely in our private messages, if you disagree with me, say so, just, don't set me on fire or anything :

Screenshot (55).png

^^^ this was my response when he unblocked me/apologized

Screenshot (56).png

^^^ this was my final response after he sent me a (2nd?) apology in the form of a book to read (not being insulting)

------------------------------------------------------------------------
this is what i'm comfortable sharing at this point in time ... MAYBE if Braindrop makes another "huge" offense to his fanbase ((let's not argue about what quantifies that right now)), i'll spill all the beans

whether i'm being manipulated or not, i just can't bring myself to do it at this time, i hear what some of you are saying, i've admitted you're probably right, but that doesn't change who i am, i can't just "turn it off" because you're right about it, if that makes sense

WhiteyG

Sep 30, 2020

All evidence to the contrary. He is a milky scum until proven otherwise at this point. If he wanted some credibility he could stop hiding behind his Mods on discord and try answering questions honestly. Like how are you still working on an update that we were told was done almost a year ago? Where is the season one rework that was supposed to be released more then a year ago? Why are pledges not paused like he promised he would multiple times only to go back on his word?

He is a manipulative liar. Getting by on the naivety and decency of people who want to believe things will get better and people can change. I honestly find it hard to believe that this is even the same person who started developing this game. The only change that happened with him is once this became successful and he realized he wouldn't lose supporters as long as he played on peoples sympathy he stopped working.

The only reason I'm guessing Eclipse got a message was because he didn't want to lose someone who has been supporting his project from the beginning. How is allowing Eclipse to keep paying him not in his interest?

I see no change whatsoever. Change would be him owning up to his word and pausing pledges until the end of the year and refunding everyone for last month. Then coming clean about what he has and has not completed. You won't have to let me know when that happens because I'll be flying around on my pig.

Last edited:

Better Cock Spock

Half Vulcan, Half Simp
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
I´ve been playing the last update, where Daliah tell´s MC about his father, and then it hit me, the similarities between MC´s father and BD, how strange...
:unsure:
I mean, MC's dad sounds like a legitimate piece of shit, and BD is just extremely unreliable, idk if they're that similar... plus Mason(?) has kids all over the fucking place, I doubt BD has that much game :KEK:

Aug 18, 2019
All evidence to the contrary. He is a milky scum until proven otherwise at this point. If he wanted some credibility he could stop hiding behind his Mods on discord and try answering questions honestly. Like how are you still working on an update that we were told was done almost a year ago? Where is the season one rework that was supposed to be released more then a year ago? Why are pledges not paused like he promised he would multiple times only to go back on his word?

He is a manipulative liar. Getting by on the naivety and decency of people who want to believe things will get better and people can change. I honestly find it hard to believe that this is even the same person who started developing this game. The only change that happened with him is once this became successful and he realized he wouldn't lose supporters as long as he played on peoples sympathy he stopped working.

The only reason I'm guessing Eclipse got a message was because he didn't want to lose someone who has been supporting his project from the beginning. How is allowing Eclipse to keep paying him not in his interest?

I see no change whatsoever. Change would be him owning up to his word and pausing pledges until the end of the year and refunding everyone for last month. Then coming clean about what he has and has not completed. You won't have to let me know when that happens because I'll be flying around on my pig.
two things here, if i may :

1.) i agree, regardless of the reason, he has not actually explained WHY/WHAT happened that there was never any full-releases since last (2023) summer - - something is being kept secret on purpose

2.) he was actually trying to refund every subscription i ever made to him, but patreon's algorithm or whatever it was stopped at a certain point, just saying for the record

you have a point, a moment of clarity does not guarantee change, he still has to earn it, i support that statement fully

3.70 star(s) 652 Votes