majinmike

Aug 22, 2017
In this update, my charm keeps decreasing and I'm not sure what to do to keep it up I'm going to the bar and successfully hitting on girls, but it seems that doesn't count as doing something social.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
if you do not get the drinks and stuff right on first try (and this can be very difficult to estimate, esp. since these varaiables change between games), you can kiss that girl goodbye for practically the rest of the game.
Keep on mind you can find out some of these things beforehand by talking with the girls as a girl yourself.

The "if you blow it then that's it" would make more sense if there was new girls appearing frequently, instead of what seems effectively like a few static characters the interactions with quickly devolve into "drink and sit in awkward silence because you've already gone through all their lines weeks ago"

Reactions: Tutuooo

l1lym

Aphrodite, creator of X-Change Life™
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2019
Keep on mind you can find out some of these things beforehand by talking with the girls as a girl yourself.

The "if you blow it then that's it" would make more sense if there was new girls appearing frequently, instead of what seems effectively like a few static characters the interactions with quickly devolve into "drink and sit in awkward silence because you've already gone through all their lines weeks ago"
Definitely fair to say - I will have a think about this.

When are we going to have black guys as random guys that hit up on us? :p
This will likely be possible once the male NPCs can trigger the "new framework" sex scenes similar to the girls can now. This will mean that the guys dont have to go down the same standard core sex mechanics, which unfortunately there are not enough animations for to flesh out sex with each actress at the moment. At the moment it is not a focus since it is too difficult.

In this update, my charm keeps decreasing and I'm not sure what to do to keep it up I'm going to the bar and successfully hitting on girls, but it seems that doesn't count as doing something social.
There seems to be a bug around charm decay - I will try to fix it today and release a patch soon.

Always like checking in on this every now and again, dont mean to be a downer but doesnt seem to be much progress from when i played this at the beginning of the year :confused:

Ive checked the roadmap and dont see it listed, so does anyone have an idea of when stuff like Dairy Queen or Purple Pills will eventually get added?

Also kinda dissapointed the doctor talks about you getting even bigger tits from being pregnant but nothing actually happens afterwards, would love to see some benefit to having pregnancy = permanent transformations turned on.
I understand this perspective, but from my perspective and knowing the codebase, this year (2nd year of development) has been far more productive than the last one. Now, it may not necessarily *seem* like it to the uninitiated especially due to the tiny changes in version numbers, but in terms of gameplay, content and features added this year, I am quite happy with how this year has gone.

This game is different from Ren'Py games or Twine CYOAs etc where a scene is as easy as some text and pictures - it is full of tons of interacting systems that can all break each other, both the greatest strength and weakness of them. So often times dev work goes into depth rather than breadth.

This game also has the biggest modding scene of any adult game, and that scene only kicked off with the release of modding tools this year - if anyone feels starved for content, you only have to look at the 160+ mods for the game.

My goal is to make this game as much of a platform for their work as well as my own, so a lot of time this year has gone into developing and building out the modding tools, adding moddability down to the core of the game's codebase.
Odd questions
who better character to choose or is even out
Will the other characters able move the main story forward then red head
There will eventually be story moments for all 10 of the main characters :)
Okay, just tried it for a bit.

It's real CPU hog now. Before this update it took about 30-35% CPU - a bit much but bearable - but now it hovers around 60-70%. I've even seen it go above 80%.
My laptop is old, but this is unacceptable - and I don't have any other computer. Soon it will be impossible for me to play this game.

Transition/loading times have also increased, especially when going between shops in the mall and when going to bed.
I checked with players based on your comment - most players are not experiencing any speed differences at this point in time, and about half have reported a speed boost with all other factors being equal. So I would guess your speed issues between version updates are related to other factors such as browser storage at the time, things open on other tabs, etc.

I am working on ways to increase performance, but my toolset is limited. One thing I am aware of is that the game does slow down over the course of the game as the days get higher - I am working on a solution for this. But overall 0.18b generally speaking does not have a negative performance impact compared to 0.18a - that is not to say it will not be like that for some players on some machines and in some situations.

Last edited:

Xcritu

Sep 24, 2022
Gotta be a bug..... please fix your RNG.... it is incredible how many 2's you get compared to other numbers

l1lym

Game Developer
Jan 21, 2019
The game uses Harlowe's (random:) macro, if it creates a lot of twos there is really nothing I can do but I have not had this experience.

Note if you reload a game, the randomness "seed" may be the same as when you saved, so you will get the same roll again and again, if you have reloaded from the same point.

Danceofmasks

Aug 9, 2021
The only real way to get proper random numbers on a computer is to attach a geiger counter to your computer, take a background radiation readout, and use the 2nd to 4th decimal places.
XD

l1lym

Game Developer
Jan 21, 2019
They could be easily modded back in, if someone wants to take the time I’d be happy to provide the old files.

But I strongly prefer the new ones myself.

Brandu33

Apr 11, 2022
Congrats, I once played that crappy mod too. Sounded good, but is either deliberately or accidentially bugged beyond repair. With it on, the bar pickup is completely unplayable.
That is something I experienced as well. Picking up girls in the bar is no fun to play anymore, it became a chore. While it should not be easy unless you have top stats, currently it is a pure gamble, because if you do not get the drinks and stuff right on first try (and this can be very difficult to estimate, esp. since these varaiables change between games), you can kiss that girl goodbye for practically the rest of the game.
That is a move into the wrong direction! In earlier versions it was fun going into the bar, flirting with the girls and you could get lucky too. Now it is just a frustrating chore even with girls you have good connections with!
Let's hope that the dev will eventually realize that in a world full of gender switching people guys could and should have a a lot of fun too. And thus that we will see more gameplay as a dude:
Inviting a girl over to MC place, going directly to her place as NPCs do. Dating. Talking to girls on the beach, in the mall, club etc. Some of the girls you meet being on a switch pill, or proposing to use said pill as a couple. Girls could and should check on you, give you a booty call, or chatting up. They could also when meeting you as girl exchange phone number. So you could be friend with one as girl and with another one as a dude. They could go shopping together, etc.
More girl on girl stuff too.
If you read the collectible cards Aphrodite as already some good idea, let's hope they'd be implemented...

Reactions: Tutuooo

l1lym

Game Developer
Jan 21, 2019
In terms of difficulty for the bar girls, the current balance of how difficult it is, is how I like it. I am still able to pick up girls with a low stat character but have to work for it. But it is incredibly easy to change via modding if anyone doesn’t like how it works.

IDontGetWomen

Sep 9, 2021
the cock roullete thing just doesn't work lmfao I can beat the time and somehow still lose, or literally no dick will ever appear and it's only titties but somehow I'll still lose then too. 1703656548502.png

Brandu33

Apr 11, 2022
In terms of difficulty for the bar girls, the current balance of how difficult it is, is how I like it. I am still able to pick up girls with a low stat character but have to work for it. But it is incredibly easy to change via modding if anyone doesn’t like how it works.
You need not to make it easier. It works well enough without mods. With girlgirl and br girl it's near impossible to hook-up with one though!

What is needed is to give them a bit more personality. Girls should give you a call, even a booty one. You should be able to go directly one a date at their place or to invite them at yours. And being able to meet girl on the beach, at the mall etc. Implement gifts, and dating too...

And why not befriending a girl while on the pill, going on a shopping spree with her, or a double date... Or having a bisexual or homosexual relation with one...

Give your world a bit more depth by meeting some people the character already know by happenstance in the mall, beach etc.
Give some NPC a female and a male persona, and having the possibility to discover and interact with both, with or without knowing it...
So many possibilities in a gender switching city!

Great game anyway.

Reactions: l1lym

l1lym

Game Developer
Jan 21, 2019
Do you plan on adding female coworkers to have a relationship with?
Yes I do plan to add female coworkers. Not sure about a full fledged relationship but we will see!

l1lym

Game Developer
Jan 21, 2019
You need not to make it easier. It works well enough without mods. With girlgirl and br girl it's near impossible to hook-up with one though!

What is needed is to give them a bit more personality. Girls should give you a call, even a booty one. You should be able to go directly one a date at their place or to invite them at yours. And being able to meet girl on the beach, at the mall etc. Implement gifts, and dating too...

And why not befriending a girl while on the pill, going on a shopping spree with her, or a double date... Or having a bisexual or homosexual relation with one...

Give your world a bit more depth by meeting some people the character already know by happenstance in the mall, beach etc.
Give some NPC a female and a male persona, and having the possibility to discover and interact with both, with or without knowing it...
So many possibilities in a gender switching city!

Great game anyway.
Thanks - I do agree, and now this is a lot more possible with the new NPC scene framework I've added in. The female NPCs actually all have tags for a fairly fleshed out personality, it will just have to be exhibited via game mechanics and scenes.

By the way, in case you like reading, I've written some X-Change books (all completely free), covering some fun scenarios in the game world (they were commissions from subscribers). You can check them out here:

And a "movie" or two:

For example just 3-5 main characters in base game should be enough.
Part of me wishes you were there to tell me that 2 years ago when the game started :)

But now it is 10 and they are too deeply integrated in the game to be otherwise... so 10 it will always be

Nifty, do you plan on adding futa pills for the MC to buy, or are they just for NPCs?
In my current design, it will be mostly NPCs, and possibly 1-2 side scenes for the player. I will be curious to see if mods attempt a core Purple pill, but it would be very difficult with a capital D.

Last edited:

Terakahn

Oct 5, 2017
When you work as a secretary or says you can go down to the warehouse during lunch to help out. But it never gives me the option to do this. Any idea what I'm missing?

Sin-X

God of Death
Donor
Apr 30, 2017
Yea I think my comment that kicked this whole debate off more or less highlights the problem as less about it being difficult and more about lacking in oppotunity.

After the first meeting with them when you find out about them, what drink they like, what there views are on x-change and so on regardless of if you do well or not with them the conversation with them for all subsequent meetings is dry it becomes a rinse and repeat of clicking give girl a drink and clicking chat only for it to tell you that you both sit there in akward silence.

This is alleviated if you do well as you can then pretty much rinse repeat sex with them so long as you do well on your first chat but if you don't pick the correct options then interaction with that character becomes almost non-existant.

There just needs to be more oppotunity to interact with them even if the starting point for that is making the questions like "hey whats your views on x-change" repeatable.

Atleast this is my view on it but maybe that's just me :)

One idea could be to have them appear in more location then just the bar like the mall for instance and have similar dialogue interaction with them minus the drinking since that wouldn't make sense then you would naturally have more oppotunities to win them over... just a thought maybe this add to much complexity?

4.60 star(s) 87 Votes