Others Abandoned XStoryPlayer [v3.5.0023] [X Moon Productions]

3.30 star(s) 7 Votes
D

Deleted member 2738

Anyone mind giving a full save for 3.5? Or at least 50%?
Since it's been requested a few times now.
I need it because my game bugs when I try to transport the organic matter.
The container stays there after the portal disappears yet the other portal remains open.

yomamasass

Mar 18, 2018
Pity this game is not developed anymore... Best played with VR.. absolute must.
It is still in development actualy but damn they thaking their sweet time.

as proof eskarn (who is quite big in xstoryplayer forums) said:
As far ask i know from talking with xpadmin a few weeks ago
Yes they are still working on it
Yes it will take some time

Until there is an official post from one of their team saying they have discontinued then assume they are working on it
Thus if you have further conserns you can ask him in xstoryplayer forums.

Mudprophet

Jul 21, 2018
Receive issue while trying to install the HTC Vive support. Says I need to install the game first, but the game is already on my hard drive and runs

Deleted member 167032

Alternate Existence
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
Mmm that is strange... maybe a reinstall of the game.

I played it on the Oculus DK2 set and it worked well... So much better playing with a VR headset for sure.

Receive issue while trying to install the HTC Vive support. Says I need to install the game first, but the game is already on my hard drive and runs

Davox

Jul 15, 2017
I played using the HTC Vive but I paid for it I din't use the f95 version. I had removed it from my PC before installing again to use the Vive so do as MrKnobb said.

Mudprophet

Jul 21, 2018
Mmm that is strange... maybe a reinstall of the game.

I played it on the Oculus DK2 set and it worked well... So much better playing with a VR headset for sure.
This issue is occurring with a fresh install. (Install being extracted from the .zip and moved to the folder I want to keep it in)

I would love to get this game working with my Vive. It looks awesome.

Deleted member 167032

Alternate Existence
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
Well my version of Xstoryplayers ive bought through their website and installed it like that

This issue is occurring with a fresh install. (Install being extracted from the .zip and moved to the folder I want to keep it in)

I would love to get this game working with my Vive. It looks awesome.

Semi Rukiya

Game Developer
Apr 17, 2018
So... How can I install the vive patch for this version? It says I need to install the game first. I was trying to intall patch provided by @Vargh on previous page and game downloaded from this thread (since it's patched for oculus I'm not sure if I can just install the vive patch in addition). Also I believe I need some reg file or installer cuz the problem probably lays in the game just packed to zip. Could anyone provide a link to one of above?

Reactions: Mudprophet

Mudprophet

Jul 21, 2018
So... How can I install the vive patch for this version? It says I need to install the game first. I was trying to intall patch provided by @Vargh on previous page and game downloaded from this thread (since it's patched for oculus I'm not sure if I can just install the vive patch in addition). Also I believe I need some reg file or installer cuz the problem probably lays in the game just packed to zip. Could anyone provide a link to one of above?
This seems to be the issue I'm having as well. Would love a fix if possible. Game looks awesome for the Vive.

Wargefall

Mar 27, 2018
Awesome thanks.

-edit- Just went to play and I get a version mismatch error. Seems like it needs a more recent version of the game. I then tried the version from here as my original installer came from somewhere else but the F95 version and my version are both 3.5.0002 but the F95 version cant be detected by the VR installer, I am guessing because the F95 version isn't an installer and so no registry files are created for the VR installer to detect :/

-edit 2- Turns out the official VR patch reactivates the games DRM causing the version mismatch error

-original- Also to anyone wanting to use this that likes to keep their games hidden deep in their system, had a minor installing it. When running the installer it couldnt detect my game saying the base game wasnt installed. Not sure of the exact cause, could of been that my game was installed a few folders deep in a hidden folder, did a fresh install 1 folder deep in a hidden folder and then the VR installer worked fine. Could of been either that you need a fresh reinstall for it to work or not have it more than 2 folders deep to detect your base game.
So is it impossible to play on the Vive with the F95 version then?

random1

May 26, 2017
So is it impossible to play on the Vive with the F95 version then?
Pretty much. The F95 version is fine, the problem is that you need a cracked version of the VR installer to install on top of the base game. Typically an exe file will have a line of code inserted just before the call to the DRM validation check to skip over the validation block and continue processing on the next line after the DRM check. Unfortunatly the VR installer isn't cracked so it doesnt have the the jump point required to skip the DRM validation.

I havn't done any cracking in a few years now and don't really have the time at the minute to work on it.

Reactions: Wargefall
3.30 star(s) 7 Votes