VN Ren'Py Yesterday's Crossroads [Ch.3 v0.4.0a] [CHAQUINN0]

4.50 star(s) 42 Votes

micojive

Oct 2, 2017
The only thing I dont really like about this game is how the paths work. It sucks when you dont know which choices lead to which paths, that by doing something with one girl means missing content with another. It basically means you need to save at every single choice and see what the choice leads to which just isnt fun gameplay.

I dont really care about harem or whatever, but when the choice is basically meet with x person or dont meet with her and those are the only two options, it is silly that the player is just supposed to know that you had to pick dont meet with her to actually meet with another girl when there was no dialog or anything suggesting that.

Quetzzz

Sep 29, 2023
Yeah i agree, i would even be fine with the MC being somewhat shitty (at least in the past) and recognizing it and owning up to it. But i feel like his thoughts are too judgemental towards Zeke and his talks with Keyla to if thats the case.

The MC just feels like such a hypcrite to me in this situation, how can he seriously judge or reprimand Zeke for anything while he fucked his girlfriend and future wife behind his back for months.
Honestly, I'm surprised they still got along after that. The MC has been best friends with Zeke going on 6 years. He didn't know Zeke had been cheating on Keyla as well (so this wasn't a factor), yet he had no shame and still remained best friends despite betraying him that way. The same MC who's constantly spouting pop-philosophy and faux-psychology about life... He decided that it's better for Zeke to live in ignorance, instead for him to come clean.
It takes someone who's very cold and calculating to do that. It would've made more sense for their friendship to fizzle out, due to guilt.

And all this stuff about Zeke doing it out of desperation and gaslighting keyla into agreeing was just dumb and even Keyla herself explained (in her confused way) why she did it. She said yes in hopes to move on and to not intervere with mc/kim not because Zeke forced her into it lol. This gave me the worst white-knight implications, Zeke is to blame because he is the guy (and not the mc himself).
Agreed. What was Zeke desperate for, if he was fucking anything that moved? And Keyla's reasoning for agreeing to marry him made no sense to me. She continued seeing Zeke, MC got together with Kim, and eventually Keyla decided she wanted to come clean. Then Zeke proposed and she said yes... Like you say, her motivation was about not ruining things between MC & Kim. But, I can't follow that logic. This would only be true if Keyla thought that MC would break up with Kim for her, or if she didn't trust herself for not trying to ruin their relationship.

I even kinda like Keyla and Zeke in this situation more than the mc at the moment. Keyla and Zeke just seemed to be very very confused and dumb and not able to made sound decisions back than, while the MC feels more like a backstabbing snake or a coward even more as he is very adamant about keepin everything a secret forever.

And it doesnt really fit with the mc's character in the other parts of the avn, we dont see him behave like that usually, i would even say its contrary to his character behavior.
For me, personally, Keyla is most wrong. The MC wasn't seeing anyone at the time. While he did betray "his bestest friend ever", Zeke, Leyla should've been the responsible one. It was her choice to remain in that relationship while cheating on him.

From the lens we're looking through, I do think you're right that it paints the MC in the worst way possible. He's usually so logical (sometimes bordering robotic), and an endless fountain of platitudes... Yet we don't see him really living up to it himself. If it fits his character, I think that depends on the choices you make. It's possible for the MC to date multiple women at once, which the game more or less seems to consider cheating. For instance, Aurora will turn down a date if Lydia saw the MC at the art gallery and said he's her boyfriend. Even if all the MC did with Lydia was kiss, they're considered a couple by the game's logic.

MixQQ

Sep 8, 2019
The only thing I dont really like about this game is how the paths work. It sucks when you dont know which choices lead to which paths, that by doing something with one girl means missing content with another. It basically means you need to save at every single choice and see what the choice leads to which just isnt fun gameplay.

I dont really care about harem or whatever, but when the choice is basically meet with x person or dont meet with her and those are the only two options, it is silly that the player is just supposed to know that you had to pick dont meet with her to actually meet with another girl when there was no dialog or anything suggesting that.
this is why i always (with every renpy game) use Universal Ren'Py Mod, best thing and it makes life much easier

Reactions: A.M.R.

Hengat

Oct 17, 2022
I haven't finished the update yet but came here to rant.

So I started with my Michelle playthrough obviously and I just can't stand the trip with Kim. I turned her down every single time and her and MC still act like a couple of lovebirds. They worry about booking one room but both are cool about her walking naked in front of him? I remember how the dev assured everybody before release of Chapter 2 that we'll have the option to not listen to Kim's explanation just to hear it anyway in that hotel room with MC saying that he cares. Well, I don't...
Suddenly it's crucial to the story or what?

About Zeke and Keyla, funny how it turns out Zeke has banged sorority girls behind Keyla's back so we don't have to feel bad that Keyla and MC have done it behind Zeke's back. I don't know if dev is trying to say we all make mistakes with the use of those two but I feel like they just become more unlikeable by that.

MC is still too fucking philosophical. I swear, half of the dialogs with LIs is him saying "life is hard but you have to keep going, trust me, I know" just using different words and the girls are like "awww, he always knows what to say".

I didn't see anybody mention it but there is a good amount of textures where the clothes merge together but that's just a detail.

Rant is over, gotta take a break now before trying to finish this update.

Eonor

Sep 9, 2017
Updated my compressed Android port of Yesterday's Crossroads to v0.4.0.

Got some basic gestures loaded in: swipe up for save menu, swipe down to hide UI, swipe left to rollback and swipe right to skip. Save files are now stored in the Documents folder. This sometimes means that you may need to close and re-open the port after installing so the save folder is properly created.

Please let me know if you encounter any issues with the ports and I'll see what I can do to get them sorted.

Link: - -

Reactions: dicksauce

Krytax123

Dec 29, 2022
MC is still too fucking philosophical. I swear, half of the dialogs with LIs is him saying "life is hard but you have to keep going, trust me, I know" just using different words and the girls are like "awww, he always knows what to say".
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Tbf a lot of AVN's are doing this and even some of the really great ones. As if girls are all shallow idiots being mindblown hearing some fortune cookie sayings lmao. Its the contrary, in my experience being wishy washy in your statements is a hard turn down for a lot of women.

You can of course attract and impress women with intellect but thats just not it. The MC is still okayish despite his flaws, there are a lot of way worse ones but yeah.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
View attachment 3852081

Is this still relevant? because I'm in the middle of chapter 3 and it looks like not
yeah the only thing this AVN gives me that might be possible in a realistic manner is some threesome couplings once in awhile ( one time thing ) otherwise I can only see one throuple atm granted I still need to replay this + the update. Even the odd threesome here and there might be a stretch for some.
I think This game is not really became full harem thought (?)
You know...I'm sure some people just ignore what I say.

There is no full harem, paths do intersect....the devs definition of harem is not the same as F95's/yours. How many times must I repeat it....it was only yesterday I last repeated this...

Last edited:

Mcknobz33

Dec 29, 2017
reading this thread has made me even more confused so i gotta ask. is this a true harem or is there LI's who are mutually exclusive

Mr. Robo

Jun 30, 2024
The only thing I dont really like about this game is how the paths work.

It sucks when you dont know which choices lead to which paths, that by doing something with one girl means missing content with another.

It basically means you need to save at every single choice and see what the choice leads to which just isnt fun gameplay.
Did you expect to get on every path/see every girl in one playthrough? this is how most AVN paths work lol (and how these Devs get you to replay the game multiple times etc)

Why do you think so many kids have multiple saves? one for each LI lol. Be a man and just stick to one path and forget the others. If you are mad because of the pathing, you definitely need a walkthrough.

Don't you just want to snowball fight her?
Nope but she does look like a better "Jill" than the BAD one.

this is why i always (with every renpy game) use Universal Ren'Py Mod, best thing and it makes life much easier
I never used a walkthrough lol my MC sticks to the choices he makes. No rewinding time/knowing the future here.

Naps-On-Dirt

Dec 7, 2023
reading this thread has made me even more confused so i gotta ask. is this a true harem or is there LI's who are mutually exclusive
Doesn't even look like a little bit of a harem, by general definition at least. There does seem to be mutually exclusive LIs, I've run into the Julia/Olivia situation already, but I think the sisters are mutually exclusive and all the co-workers probably are too.

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
Doesn't even look like a little bit of a harem, by general definition at least. There does seem to be mutually exclusive LIs, I've run into the Julia/Olivia situation already, but I think the sisters are mutually exclusive and all the co-workers probably are too.
What exactly is your "general definition" of harem? The site definition is quite clear. Harem: 1 person being courted by at least 3 others, all engaging in consensual sex simultaneously.

Sep 3, 2020

this is not a Harem game and of course if you choose to do things with one girl you'll miss out

with another girl, it's called giving the choice consequences

and meaning

the MC does not have the magic power to be everywhere at once

you can't fuck them all

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
What exactly is your "general definition" of harem? The site definition is quite clear. Harem: 1 person being courted by at least 3 others, all engaging in consensual sex simultaneously.
Which ironicaly, is actually wrong also lol. Honestly, bottom line is the 'tag' should never have put in the genre spoiler in the first place. The sooner F95 admins update the entire sites tag list the better. It's long overdue.

Crosaith.

Nov 18, 2017
this is not a Harem game and of course if you choose to do things with one girl you'll miss out

with another girl, it's called giving the choice consequences

and meaning

the MC does not have the magic power to be everywhere at once

you can't fuck them all
But... but... wait?! Why doesn't the MC have a magical cock that makes women brain-dead and accept whatever he wants? Shit game. 0/10

4.50 star(s) 42 Votes