VN Ren'Py Yesterday's Crossroads [Ch.3 v0.4.0a] [CHAQUINN0]

4.50 star(s) 42 Votes
Sep 3, 2020
I haven't finished the update yet but came here to rant.

So I started with my Michelle playthrough obviously and I just can't stand the trip with Kim. I turned her down every single time and her and MC still act like a couple of lovebirds. They worry about booking one room but both are cool about her walking naked in front of him? I remember how the dev assured everybody before release of Chapter 2 that we'll have the option to not listen to Kim's explanation just to hear it anyway in that hotel room with MC saying that he cares. Well, I don't...
Suddenly it's crucial to the story or what?

About Zeke and Keyla, funny how it turns out Zeke has banged sorority girls behind Keyla's back so we don't have to feel bad that Keyla and MC have done it behind Zeke's back. I don't know if dev is trying to say we all make mistakes with the use of those two but I feel like they just become more unlikeable by that.

MC is still too fucking philosophical. I swear, half of the dialogs with LIs is him saying "life is hard but you have to keep going, trust me, I know" just using different words and the girls are like "awww, he always knows what to say".

I didn't see anybody mention it but there is a good amount of textures where the clothes merge together but that's just a detail.

Rant is over, gotta take a break now before trying to finish this update.
They have a happy history together, so making the MC be an asshole to her

when she is just being friendly is unrealistic and idiotic. if

you have

experience sharing the same space with an ex.
It's like that person in school or that co-worker you don't like but still have

to put up with. The difference here is that Kim and the MC spent years in a very happy relationship,

also don't forget

I'm stuck with her on a 3-day trip that I didn't ask for and just wanted to be over

and being an ass to her make it worse

and just because he has lingering feelings for her it's not love it's like a sneeze

that comes and goes

it doesn't mean that you love her

or you don't think that she's a piece of

shit for what she did

we're not dating and we're not best buddies she's a co-worker

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
Which ironicaly, is actually wrong also lol. Honestly, bottom line is the 'tag' should never have put in the genre spoiler in the first place. The sooner F95 admins update the entire sites tag list the better. It's long overdue.
Yeah, I agree but my point is this: harem, no harem, general harem, true harem, partial harem, eunuch harem... WTF? Who cares. Play the game and see how it goes. Don't like the outcome? Try again. Still don't like it? Delete the whole fuckin' thing and try a different AVN. It's really not rocket science... Though an awful lot of folks want it to be a debate. I share your frustrations, bro. But if I'm being honest I'm not sure why I care. Oh, wait... Actually, I don't so, nevermind... Heh Jus' Sayin':cool:

Quetzzz

Sep 29, 2023
They have a happy history together, so making the MC be an asshole to her

when she is just being friendly is unrealistic and idiotic. if

you have

experience sharing the same space with an ex.
It's like that person in school or that co-worker you don't like but still have

to put up with. The difference here is that Kim and the MC spent years in a very happy relationship,

also don't forget

I'm stuck with her on a 3-day trip that I didn't ask for and just wanted to be over

and being an ass to her make it worse

and just because he has lingering feelings for her it's not love it's like a sneeze

that comes and goes

it doesn't mean that you love her

or you don't think that she's a piece of

shit for what she did

we're not dating and we're not best buddies she's a co-worker
Except, Kim has been back for several months at this point, add to that the year she was gone. I don't think this familiarity was earned (or framed well). If the MC didn't forgive her, didn't hear her out, and acts cold toward her, there's no real impetus for him even entertaining these conversations.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
This game revolves around MC who is hanging to his job for dear life, even tho he was seriously looking to quit his job and he even thought Kim would quit her job also - because of the hours and the pay.

Plot twist: Kim quit the country entirely while MC stuck into his dead end job for years now.

When you add all of this up: Kim is the smarter person to follow through with her decisions and goals, while MC is totally dumb, swamped by the cruelty of life and absolutely abbandoned into his shitty relationships with Zeke and Keyla - his best male friend who married his love interest - that is canon - the jerk married the woman MC loved strictly to one up MC and bully MC into his dead end job and dead end life watching his suposed best friend steal everyone away from him - then MC would stay supposedly best friend with the jerk - that is the game, it was the game since the beginning, it still is the game now - MC is all over the place and nobody is his friend - just people who like to see MC suffer and pitty pardon his idiotic actions while they pat themselves on the back for being better than him.

MC chose to keep seeing both Zeke - the jerk who stole his love - but also Keyla - his love who married his best friend.
Plot twist: Zeke wanted to steal Key away from MC - to add her to his ””fkk everybody that moves” list and make sure MC cannot have nice things ever - while Keyla wanted to stay close to MC - not knowing how much being married just for that with a manwhore Zeke would hurt her so bad.

Those life choices are there when we beging this game and are so far burned into the tapestry of this game story - we have to deal with the idiotic decision of MC to stick around in a dead end job with no possibility to succeed and this is all on him that Kim comes back essentially a bigger person in the company with bigger pay and better say. That is what MC has to deal with because of his own flawed life choices.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
This is the game. These are the guarding rails on which MC has to keep going up and down on to get to some of the other girls he could meet and fall for - but her has already chosen the dead end job with the shitty pay and the horrible position.

micojive

Oct 2, 2017
Did you expect to get on every path/see every girl in one playthrough? this is how most AVN paths work lol (and how these Devs get you to replay the game multiple times etc)

Why do you think so many kids have multiple saves? one for each LI lol. Be a man and just stick to one path and forget the others. If you are mad because of the pathing, you definitely need a walkthrough.

Nope but she does look like a better "Jill" than the BAD one.

I never used a walkthrough lol my MC sticks to the choices he makes. No rewinding time/knowing the future here.
No, I literally said I dont care about it being a harem or not.

I think its bad design to have a choice that has two options of A. Hang out with X and B. Go home. Where the "go home" option actually leads to meeting y character and starting that path or being a trigger for z character to advance her story.

When the choices dont give you any context of what they are going to do and it just being "you have to try everything to see what happens" its just not fun.

Reactions: Pman_Weh

micojive

Oct 2, 2017
this is not a Harem game and of course if you choose to do things with one girl you'll miss out

with another girl, it's called giving the choice consequences

and meaning

the MC does not have the magic power to be everywhere at once

you can't fuck them all
Again, I literally said I dont care about harem or whatever which you chose to just ignore.

Its about being given 2 options where one is direct in what it does, example being "hang out with x" and the other being vague as in "go home". But really the "go home" option leads to a path where you run into z girl that you now cant do because you chose hang out with x.

Its not that you are missing the content with the girl. Its that if you choose the first option you never even know the 2nd path existed, theres no context to what the choice did other than forcing you to try every option every time which is just hours of save/loading.

Mr. Robo

Jun 30, 2024
No, I literally said I dont care about it being a harem or not.

I think its bad design to have a choice that has two options of A. Hang out with X and B. Go home. Where the "go home" option actually leads to meeting y character and starting that path or being a trigger for z character to advance her story.

When the choices dont give you any context of what they are going to do and it just being "you have to try everything to see what happens" its just not fun.
I didn't mention Harem. It just sounded like you wanted to see everything/every LI. I didn't say you want to go with them all or whatever.

I mean, that's most of these AVNs though lol. Which is why most people ask for a Walkthrough or Guide. The game/Dev won't tell you everything (or have choices that tell you) because they obviously want you to play as much as you want for the content that you want.

If you want to see 100% everything, expect to play multiple times. If you don't like that, play a Kinetic Novel with no choices.

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
You know...I'm sure some people just ignore what I say.

There is no full harem, paths do intersect....the devs definition of harem is not the same as F95's/yours. How many times must I repeat it....it was only yesterday I last repeated this...
yeah that's what I thought / assumed too was just saying so far it's a bit confusing how even a partial one will work because of the general feel of the game at least to me.

Reactions: Maviarab

micojive

Oct 2, 2017
I didn't mention Harem. It just sounded like you wanted to see everything/every LI. I didn't say you want to go with them all or whatever.

I mean, that's most of these AVNs though lol. Which is why most people ask for a Walkthrough or Guide. The game/Dev won't tell you everything (or have choices that tell you) because they obviously want you to play as much as you want for the content that you want.

If you want to see 100% everything, expect to play multiple times. If you don't like that, play a Kinetic Novel with no choices.
Its not about seeing 100% either, its finishing a playthrough of the game and looking at the gallery to find theres entire LI's that I didnt even know were an option of seeing. Its silly and frustrating not seeing which choice was the one that locked out of a specific path because I didnt choose to go home rather than to go to dinner.

It doesnt make me think, oh boy lets play again and try every choice to see what happens. It makes me go, well that fucking sucked, guess Ill just unlock the gallery and move on.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
I don't think it's bad design. Just because you don't like it doesn't inherantly make it bad.
I find it plenty fun as do many others. Maybe this really isn't the style of Vn that suits you perhaps hmm? I enjpoy finding things out and not having girl spoon fed to me so she can open her legs and it all be nice and convenient. I prefer this style, where one choice closes something else off over any other VN style personally. I enkoy finding things out and exploring the story from different angles.
Its silly and frustrating
Oh wahah wahh wahh....

Mr. Robo

Jun 30, 2024
Its not about seeing 100% either, its finishing a playthrough of the game and looking at the gallery to find theres entire LI's that I didnt even know were an option of seeing. Its silly and frustrating not seeing which choice was the one that locked out of a specific path because I didnt choose to go home rather than to go to dinner.

It doesnt make me think, oh boy lets play again and try every choice to see what happens. It makes me go, well that fucking sucked, guess Ill just unlock the gallery and move on.

Well, don't know what to tell you. If you don't like it, don't play it. I already know what to expect jumping into these games. I know I will miss out on characters/images if I don't pick certain choices or follow a certain path. That's just how it is.

Granted, I don't replay shit either to see everything but a lot of people on here do so, I won't bitch about it.

Simpgor

Apr 18, 2020
You guys talk about what's believable or realistic in a game where someone meant to say no to marriage then said yes :KEK: the same one who didn't tell MC that their GF was leaving so MC "wouldn't fight for her" (spoiler he didnt at all so i guess keyla doesnt know MC that well)..... so despite her being manipulative enough to not tell you a huge secret (MC is not allowed to care about this) ahead literally can't manipulate zeke to do anything unless the MC chooses to allow it. :KEK:

This game is sooooo realistic but the person who is open to cheating would neeeeever cheat on MC!!a! Some random girl said MC is keylas first love after all! :HideThePain:

I seriously tried to make it through this but I had to stop shortly after ex GF came back and your only MC only options are "simp" or "scream at her"..... why can't I just be a normal person and ignore her at work for anything beyond business? Is that not realistic enough? or is it because a third "route" woupd complicate things too much going forward? :HideThePain:

Sep 3, 2020

I understand you now bro fair enough

as a person with a reading disability, I understand what you mean sometimes the choices don't give you any idea or any small hint of what it is

and it can be frustrating while I haven't had that problem with this game

I have had it with other games and it's very frustrating

Joratox

Sep 1, 2018
Is there any walkthrough or some paths explanation somewhere ? It's somewhat confusing and I don't really want to play this 6 times to see what goes with what. I'm fine with some replayability but I'm like 2 hours in and I see this gets really stuffy and I'm sure I missed a lot of stuff. Some simple explanation from someone who had more patience than me would suffice too :D like a spoiler answer with X/Y/Z girls can be a throuple or harem ..and A/B/C dont, etc.
I think I got it from reading some posts that this is not a "gotta catch them all" harem thing. Thanks in advance for any answer that clarifies this.

PS: I saw there is a mod, but it's made for an earlier version and it doesn't seem to be getting updated anymore, or anytime soon for what is worth.

Sep 3, 2020
Well, don't know what to tell you. If you don't like it, don't play it. I already know what to expect jumping into these games. I know I will miss out on characters/images if I don't pick certain choices or follow a certain path. That's just how it is.

Granted, I don't replay shit either to see everything but a lot of people on here do so, I won't bitch about it.
I actually enjoy hearing people's different experiences playing the game even if I didn't have the same one

and as said I did have the same problem not with this game but with other games

as a monogamy player who rejects all the girls my number one girl is Kimberly

and for me it's super easy to play her route

Quetzzz

Sep 29, 2023
I seriously tried to make it through this but I had to stop shortly after ex GF came back and your only MC only options are "simp" or "scream at her"..... why can't I just be a normal person and ignore her at work for anything beyond business? Is that not realistic enough? or is it because a third "route" woupd complicate things too much going forward? :HideThePain:
This would've been my preferred way of interacting with Kim, and I think you're right that some choices are shown more polarizing than they are.

On the other hand, I think there are some opportunities for building Kim's character that the Dev didn't take. For instance, after Kim comes back, there's a talk in the break room while the MC is making coffee. He leaves the room, saying he doesn't want it anymore. I think it would be a nice touch to have Kim finish making the coffee, and her putting it on his desk without any remark or expectation.
This would show she's sorry, and would convey, without words, that she knows her presence there isn't easy for him. The MC could have a thought about Kim knowing how he has his coffee, and appreciating the gesture.
What we get instead, are tons of words, and (what I perceive as) Kim trying to break down his walls/boundaries. Even going so far as to get naked, to show the MC what he's missing out on.

Quetzzz

Sep 29, 2023
I think Kimmy was done dirty. Early on, Kimmy is brought up in a negative context. Later, after going to the gym with Zeke, he'll make a "oh no, don't look now"-remark when Kimmy passes by and recognizes them.
This primes the player/reader to dislike her, and I don't think she deserves it. Instead, I think it would be worthwhile if the MC has a thought like "She's not at all how I remember her", to urge the player to reconsider what they think they know of her.

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
I actually enjoy hearing people's different experiences playing the game even if I didn't have the same one

and as said I did have the same problem not with this game but with other games

and for me it's super easy to play her route
as someone that prefers monogamous paths as I well. My first time I had real trouble actually playing monogamous my first time around on this game. I hate it admit but I played it like a manwhore as I couldn't decide who I like more and by time I did decide somewhat it kind of was too late and already went further than I wanted too ( I know my fault) in the hopes of learning more about the LI and making a decision. By the time I did I kind of needed to restart and make separate saves which is 1/2 of the reason im going to replay this when I get around to playing the update.

I still haven't fully decided but I know it's between Michelle or Julia for my favorite so they are getting their paths played first this time. Will also make a save for Oliva , Alessa Kimberly and maybe Kim just to see how her path plays out even tho I dislike her

Sep 3, 2020
I think Kimmy was done dirty. Early on, Kimmy is brought up in a negative context. Later, after going to the gym with Zeke, he'll make a "oh no, don't look now"-remark when Kimmy passes by and recognizes them.
This primes the player/reader to dislike her, and I don't think she deserves it. Instead, I think it would be worthwhile if the MC has a thought like "She's not at all how I remember her", to urge the player to reconsider what they think they know of her.
honestly I've never given it much thought

like I said The Moment I Saw Kimberly it was love at first sight

and when I fall for a girl I don't really care about anybody else

4.50 star(s) 42 Votes