VN Ren'Py Yesterday's Crossroads [Ch.3 v0.4.0a] [CHAQUINN0]

4.50 star(s) 42 Votes

DaffyDuck_Wiz

Formerly 'Drakon_Uroboros'
Apr 4, 2022
That wouldn't fit the timeline. The MC isn't a "player" in that sense. Also, Zeke got together with Leyla before they went to college, while the MC arrived there as a single man.
Yes, I understand but Zeke is a "player", so people like that tend to be extremely selfish and envious. Remember he picked up several other girls, the problem is Zeke, not the MC.

Crimsonfiend76

Herald - Super Naked Ginger Cuddle Time
Donor
Sep 8, 2020
This information that Zeke was sleeping with the entire sorority, and the MC knew nothing about it, only made me believe that they were never really friends, which was strange since they were supposedly childhood friends, studied at the same place, and saw each other all the time.

There are several signs that Zeke knew, or at least suspected, about Keyla and the MC, especially her interest and how she looked at the MC.
(I'm going to assume he was talking about Keyla, in this scene.)
View attachment 3854792 View attachment 3854793

Regarding the negative points we can accumulate with Zeke, I believe it will serve more for Zeke to antagonize the MC than for the MC to antagonize Zeke. The MC has no moral ground to comment on or judge Zeke's actions, since he had an affair with Zeke's girlfriend for months. Zeke already suspected it, but never said anything.

As for Keyla accepting to marry Zeke, it's really hard to believe that someone would do so, but if we are to force an excuse, we can consider that she intended to stay in the MC's life, even if only as a friend, and perhaps with a chance of an affair. If she had refused Zeke and the MC ended up with Kim, she probably couldn't stay around. It's a weak excuse, but it's what I can think of at the moment.

Zeke staying married to Keyla all this time also makes no sense. Was he afraid that Keyla and the MC would leave him to be together?
Well I finally got to play the update and if Keyla's excuse can be believed... she claims she said yes to Zeke because she truly wanted/hoped to move on and get over the MC. Around that time, the MC's dad just died and who was there to pick up the pieces? That's right Kim... and Keyla saw this... in her desperation she wanted to break up and end things with Zeke ASAP only for Zeke to weirdly decide to propose out of nowhere.

People say Zeke is being made out to be the bad guy to excuse Keyla's behavior, but I think Zeke has been an asshole for a long time all on his own. My opinion is he never loved Keyla, she was just a possession to him. She even mentioned to the MC that if he ever knew a guy liked her... he wanted her to tell him so he could have a 'conversation' with that guy and set him straight.... presumably to threaten him to back off HIS woman. So it's ok for Zeke to fuck any girl that's willing, but unless he was finally ready to let Keyla go, no way was he going to let her be with someone else.... which is why he proposed to her... so he could lock her down while still doing every girl he could.

Kinda fucked up that these were the MC's friends... but I digress, Keyla wanted to move on or try to so she stubbornly accepted a proposal from the last guy she should have (yikes! Hope she gets tested at this point for stds) and wanted to keep the group of friends together... she never liked Kim, she was her rival, but being married to Zeke gave her an excuse to still interact and see the MC on a regular basis. Sounds to me she has very low self esteem... and/or was completely obsessed with the MC and couldn't/wouldn't let him go.

Reactions: DaffyDuck_Wiz

DaffyDuck_Wiz

Formerly 'Drakon_Uroboros'
Apr 4, 2022
Well I finally got to play the update and if Keyla's excuse can be believed... she claims she said yes to Zeke because she truly wanted/hoped to move on and get over the MC. Around that time, the MC's dad just died and who was there to pick up the pieces? That's right Kim... and Keyla saw this... in her desperation she wanted to break up and end things with Zeke ASAP only for Zeke to weirdly decide to propose out of nowhere.

People say Zeke is being made out to be the bad guy to excuse Keyla's behavior, but I think Zeke has been an asshole for a long time all on his own. My opinion is he never loved Keyla, she was just a possession to him. She even mentioned to the MC that if he ever knew a guy liked her... he wanted her to tell him so he could have a 'conversation' with that guy and set him straight.... presumably to threaten him to back off HIS woman. So it's ok for Zeke to fuck any girl that's willing, but unless he was finally ready to let Keyla go, no way was he going to let her be with someone else.... which is why he proposed to her... so he could lock her down while still doing every girl he could.

Kinda fucked up that these were the MC's friends... but I digress, Keyla wanted to move on or try to so she stubbornly accepted a proposal from the last guy she should have (yikes! Hope she gets tested at this point for stds) and wanted to keep the group of friends together... she never liked Kim, she was her rival, but being married to Zeke gave her an excuse to still interact and see the MC on a regular basis. Sounds to me she has very low self esteem... and/or was completely obsessed with the MC and couldn't/wouldn't let him go.
Yes yes perfect :)

erkper

May 16, 2018

Ding, ding, ding, ding... we have a winner!
If this was Keyla's motivation (as I agree it seems to have been) the only part of the narrative that doesn't make sense is why Zeke would propose to her in the first place. He says to MC "out of desperation" and refuses to explain what exactly that desperation is... I suspect Zeke actually did know about MC and Keyla hooking up and proposed to keep her from leaving him for his "best friend." If it's not made public, he isn't humiliated, can keep his friend, and pretend he doesn't know. In the end, my opinion is that they were ALL pretty shitty individuals in college - Kim, Keyla, Zeke, and MC alike. All the new reveals about Zeke and his cheating ways don't make Keyla and MC's sleeping together under his nose any better or more acceptable, they just mean Zeke is also not someone to feel sorry for in this messed-up situation. But I knew from the prologue that I wasn't going to pursue Keyla or Kim (if she reappeared as seemed inevitable right from the start) so I really don't care what justifications and hoops they jump through to try to salvage those two LIs' reputations and characters.

Reactions: Quetzzz

micojive

Oct 2, 2017

Its just Zeke is made out to be the MCs one real true friend that he has had. It just doesnt seem realistic that he is THAT far off the mark with what kind of guy he really is. The Keyla to Zeke relationship I can KIND of understand the thought process to. Maybe not to the extreme of marriage but I've known people who got together with someone to just try moving on from an ex.

The Zeke too Keyla thing just makes no sense to me story wise, and honestly feels entirely like a plot device to have some big reveal in a few chapters and thats it. Something completely out of left field that is just created to try and make the player forgive Zeke, like he was pushed into it from the MC's dad actually being a bad guy with zekes dad and he was trying to protect him or something. It just doesnt make sense that a dude who slept around and was a manwhore randomly marries someone he doesnt love who just happened to love the MC.

Like why would Zeke care about locking down Keyla and not any other girl.

Krytax123

Dec 29, 2022
How was Zeke ever a bad friend towards the mc? Youre all judging him like he's the pure evil because he cheated in college??

And all this while his girlfriend cheated on him too (but is excused because of whiteknight bullshit?) lol. The mc is a worse friend than Zeke at this point, Zeke never wronged him as far as we know.

They are either both shitty cheaters or both excused because of dumb youth, and neither ever loved the other one (zeke & keyla).

4.50 star(s) 42 Votes