VN Ren'Py Yesterday's Crossroads [Ch.3 v0.4.0a] [CHAQUINN0]

4.40 star(s) 43 Votes

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
Finally got through the update damn it was a really solid update probably the best one so far. I'm actually getting scared for Julia now in the next 1-2 updates haha.

However i'm left slightly confused if I saw everything or missed something.

From what was posted above I see there is going to be a change to the work trip with regards too Liv however I dont recall seeing any scene with her going out with the MC. Can I assume that is going to new content added? Also was there no scene to call Keyla and hang out with her when we return from the work trip? As I had the option to call and hang out with everyone but Keyla. Just wanted to make sure if I messed up or not, while she is on the bottom of my list I was still playing everyone's path even Kim's.

• Red Heart
Reactions: CHAQUINN0

CHAQUINN0

Yesterday's Crossroads Developer
Game Developer
Oct 29, 2021
Finally got through the update damn it was a really solid update probably the best one so far. I'm actually getting scared for Julia now in the next 1-2 updates haha.

However i'm left slightly confused if I saw everything or missed something.

From what was posted above I see there is going to be a change to the work trip with regards too Liv however I dont recall seeing any scene with her going out with the MC. Can I assume that is going to new content added? Also was there no scene to call Keyla and hang out with her when we return from the work trip? As I had the option to call and hang out with everyone but Keyla. Just wanted to make sure if I messed up or not, while she is on the bottom of my list I was still playing everyone's path even Kim's.
Yep! Liv's hangout is actual new content. I will add it to the point when the MC and her are sitting in the office showing things on her phone, and she is about to ask him out, but Dave interrupts her. That scene will now continue without him interrupting.

Don't worry though. If you don't want to replay the whole chapter, you can go to the replays in the gallery, where it will be unlocked, and you can play the entire hangout with her from start to finish using the replay feature.

All you need to do is load from the point where it says "Save Your Game Here," let the end credits start rolling, and you can quit out. The replays and new renders in the gallery will be unlocked.

For those who play the chapter from the start, the replays and renders will be unlocked normally too.

As for Keyla, there is no hangout for her; the MC's intention was to invite the girl(s) to go to the Christmas event downtown, where Zeke and Miriam would also be. Taking Keyla there wouldn't be a good idea. Don't worry though; Chapter 4 has plenty of Keyla. :D

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
Yep! Liv's hangout is actual new content. I will add it to the point when the MC and her are sitting in the office showing things on her phone, and she is about to ask him out, but Dave interrupts her. That scene will now continue without him interrupting.

Don't worry though. If you don't want to replay the whole chapter, you can go to the replays in the gallery, where it will be unlocked, and you can play the entire hangout with her from start to finish using the replay feature.

All you need to do is load from the point where it says "Save Your Game Here," let the end credits start rolling, and you can quit out. The replays and new renders in the gallery will be unlocked.

For those who play the chapter from the start, the replays and renders will be unlocked normally too.

As for Keyla, there is no hangout for her; the MC's intention was to invite the girl(s) to go to the Christmas event downtown, where Zeke and Miriam would also be. Taking Keyla there wouldn't be a good idea. Don't worry though; Chapter 4 has plenty of Keyla. :D
thank you for the answers. Kind of what I assumed about Keyla but wanted to make sure. This might over take my favorite game now or very close to it now got to think on that. I loved the update, can't wait to see how it develops. If this ever comes to steam it's a day 1 buy for me.

• Red Heart
Reactions: CHAQUINN0

Justaphase

May 1, 2024

This is great news Keyla is one of my favourites along with Alessa, Vera, Michelle, Julia, Olivia, Kimberly I love them all honestly. :LOL: You really do have a skill for making some of the most beautiful LI's I've seen.
I've been supporting you for a while on Patreon and I really appreciate that you don't withhold new updates from your Bright Road ($5) supporters for weeks after release like some developers do. That alone makes you worth supporting in my eyes.

Justaphase

May 1, 2024
I like the game, I just had a few issues,
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Just my 2 cents
If you refuse Olivia's invitation to the art gallery when she invites you, you can then ask her to go on a date some other time. This will then avoid the art gallery part where you see Julia and she kidnaps you :LOL:
Then if you call Olivia when you return from the business trip you can take Olivia out on a date from what I remember.
I tend to focus on one girl per save, I've always been a faithful person in real life so thats how I usually play. It really doesn't hurt to have multiple saves. Being with Julia, sleeping with her and still messing around with others just doesn't feel right to me.

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
If you refuse Olivia's invitation to the art gallery when she invites you, you can then ask her to go on a date some other time. This will then avoid the art gallery part where you see Julia and she kidnaps you :LOL:
Then if you call Olivia when you return from the business trip you can take Olivia out on a date from what I remember.
I tend to focus on one girl per save, I've always been a faithful person in real life so thats how I usually play. It really doesn't hurt to have multiple saves. Being with Julia, sleeping with her and still messing around with others just doesn't feel right to me.
pepe BLhNjeshvRjQYPy8J8TeAT5em-318200549.png

Zorro#34

Apr 23, 2022
I've started playing this, and am now trying to choose who to romance. While I usually can't stand exes, I tried to approach the girls here with an open mind and... still ended up ruling out all the exes, while all the non-exes are still in contention! :sneaky: However, only Kim is out for being an ex, the others are excluded for different reasons.

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
I've started playing this, and am now trying to choose who to romance. While I usually can't stand exes, I tried to approach the girls here with an open mind and... still ended up ruling out all the exes, while all the non-exes are still in contention! :sneaky: However, only Kim is out for being an ex, the others are excluded for different reasons.
While I played all the girls paths just to see them. I found Aleesa was the only Ex I liked as she never did anything shitty so far.

Not sure how much you played so putting this in a spoiler.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Zorro#34

Zorro#34

Apr 23, 2022
While I played all the girls paths just to see them. I found Aleesa was the only Ex I liked as she never did anything shitty so far.
Yeah, Alessa is already out for me too because I've got the spoiler info on her here in the thread.
I didn't even meet her in-game yet :D.

Still, I appreciate your help.

Which of the non-ex girls do you think has the least drama on her path? :unsure:

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Yeah, Alessa is already out for me too because I've got the spoiler info on her here in the thread.
No need to be in a throuple. Alessa has a solo route, so you can't use that as an excuse to disregard her really...can you?

Curious why you discounted Kimberly though.....least drama filled LI there is and probably, loves you the most.

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
I didn't even meet her in-game yet :D.

Still, I appreciate your help.

Which of the non-ex girls do you think has the least drama on her path? :unsure:
like I said the throuple is one of 2 paths for her. I'm personally going for her solo path as my main path for her. The throuple path would be a path to play only because I just want to see it eventually. I got something like 12 or 13 saves right now and a few are probably arent needed.

Kimberly is easily probably going to be the ones with the least amount of drama in my opinion , followed by Oliva ( tho she will have her own set of issues cause of her father). But tbh this game is more about the drama and the dating imo.

Reactions: Zorro#34

Zorro#34

Apr 23, 2022
No need to be in a throuple. Alessa has a solo route, so you can't use that as an excuse to disregard her really...can you?

Curious why you discounted Kimberly though.....least drama free LI there is and probably, loves you the most.
Actually, it's enough for me to disregard Alessa. I've had such bad experience with throuples in some other games, I'm now avoiding their members as LIs in all situations, be it together or separately. My MCs can only be friends with them.

Kimberly has a "too easy" outlook.

Kimberly is easily probably going to be the ones with the least amount of drama in my opinion , followed by Oliva ( tho she will have her own set of issues cause of her father). But tbh this game is more about the drama and the dating imo.
Okay, so, Olivia will be my go-to girl if Julia's path proves to be too much. Thanks! (y)

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
probably the most wholesome girl in the game for real, she is my favorite after the last update. I tend to appreciate drama-free stuff irl, and she ticks all the boxes
Yeah I like her alot hell most games she be my favorite yet in this one she is my 5th favorite.

Julia - Honestly her date is up there on one of the best dates ive seen in a AVN for me. Plus I love how she actually gives me a girlfriend over Lover interest feel that is a major plus for me. Plus the expressions on her face always makes her seem really cute and adorable to me

Michelle , while broken is also something I like alot cause I do like to comfort my LI and take care of them not in I will fix them kind of way. Plus she honestly feels really good with the scenes with her the MC are together she feels like she is going be just like Julia when it comes to her dates and giving me a girlfriend feel in the future.

Oliva - While yeah nothing to take home her path is honestly one of the more boring ones but she is such a likeable character she has her own charm that I just end up liking her more for some reason no idea why. Plus being a likeable redhead helps haha.

Aleesa - This one is simply cause she seems really kind and sweet and all around a good person as well im a sucker for reconnecting with Ex's so me liking her more is simply a bias on my end I think.

right now id say Kimberley is honestly better than Alessa and Oliva for sure for me personally , yet I cant get myself to like Kimberly more. Might be one of the rare cases where looks affects my ranking cause the 4 above Kimberly I like more in the looks department as well.

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
Yeah I like her alot hell most games she be my favorite yet in this one she is my 5th favorite.

Julia - Honestly her date is up there on one of the best dates ive seen in a AVN for me. Plus I love how she actually gives me a girlfriend over Lover interest feel that is a major plus for me. Plus the expressions on her face always makes her seem really cute and adorable to me

Michelle , while broken is also something I like alot cause I do like to comfort my LI and take care of them not in I will fix them kind of way. Plus she honestly feels really good with the scenes with her the MC are together she feels like she is going be just like Julia when it comes to her dates and giving me a girlfriend feel in the future.

Oliva - While yeah nothing to take home her path is honestly one of the more boring ones but she is such a likeable character she has her own charm that I just end up liking her more for some reason no idea why. Plus being a likeable redhead helps haha.

Aleesa - This one is simply cause she seems really kind and sweet and all around a good person as well im a sucker for reconnecting with Ex's so me liking her more is simply a bias on my end I think.

right now id say Kimberley is honestly better than Alessa and Oliva for sure for me personally , yet I cant get myself to like Kimberly more. Might be one of the rare cases where looks affects my ranking cause the 4 above Kimberly I like more in the looks department as well.
and that's all good, we all have our preferences. Before the latest update I'd have pretty much ranked it the same way, but the last one just hit home for me when I played the Kimberly path, she is such a sweetheart. I still like Julia, Michelle and Olivia tho. The rest are ok, except Kim :ROFLMAO: (Candace I'm still undecided, not a lot of content and I don't like her model either)

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
and that's all good, we all have our preferences. Before the latest update I'd have pretty much ranked it the same way, but the last one just hit home for me when I played the Kimberly path, she is such a sweetheart. I still like Julia, Michelle and Olivia tho. The rest are ok, except Kim :ROFLMAO: (Candace I'm still undecided, not a lot of content and I don't like her model either)
yeah Candance I got a gut feeling she is hiding something major not sure how I feel about her just yet tbh. Yeah Kimberly really had alot of good moments in this one im just surprised she didn't rise higher on my ranks for me considering I love all that wholesome stuff.

Reactions: Elduriel
4.40 star(s) 43 Votes