VN Ren'Py Yesterday's Crossroads - Chapter 2 [v0.3.1] [CHAQUINN0]

4.40 star(s) 41 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Another VN dropped I must update so here's a couple more teasers (yeah, you can rename everyone... for shits & giggles):
View attachment 2306807 View attachment 2306834
Since there's a "hangout" I reckon at some point the dev will code a true free roam... so in preparation while porting Core v7 to this VN I'm coding in the advanced dynamic MiniStat (as some folks will know from other titles). This way the foundation is there for the future. A little tease for those who aren't accustomed to SanchoMod:

• Red Heart
Reactions: CHAQUINN0

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
CHAQUINN 0, bud, I'm very impressed by your renders and scene transitions. I have hopes and support your work... be expecting a new financial supporter by the end of the weekend (under a different pseudonym of course, that's how I roll). Know that I'll be treating your VN with the upmost respect and care with modification as can be seen by my public catalogue.

Just wanted you to know where I stand and that is by supporting you and promoting your work. I'll help push your coding boundaries, throw whatever you got at me and I'll make it shine to the best of my professional ability. Kind regards. PM me if you ever feel the need or desire. I work with many devs and have zero issue assisting you as well.

Be well. I need to get back to it and finish this initial release. I hope you'll be impressed with my work as well.

CHAQUINN0

Yesterday's Crossroads Developer
Game Developer
Oct 29, 2021
Since there's a "hangout" I reckon at some point the dev will code a true free roam... so in preparation while porting Core v7 to this VN I'm coding in the advanced dynamic MiniStat (as some folks will know from other titles). This way the foundation is there for the future. A little tease for those who aren't accustomed to SanchoMod:
I am honored to have you creating your magic in my game!
It is still quite small, still learning a few tricks here and there, but there are lots of exciting things coming!! :D

Reactions: vogelbeest

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I am honored to have you creating your magic in my game!
It is still quite small, still learning a few tricks here and there, but there are lots of exciting things coming!! :D
I'm certain there are. Quite certain. Your talent is obvious and know I've got your back as of this moment.

Saphfire

Mar 19, 2022
Excellent first release! Renders, animations, storytelling are outstanding. Here we have maybe a new Ocean, Drifty, and a few others developer in the making. I really hope that the update cycle is somewhat reasonable and not like for example "Becoming a Rockstar"

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Something wicked this way comes....

SanchoMod proudly presents (includes new Core v7):
Yesterday's Crossroads - MultiMod Edition (v0.1.0)
YCR_SM_Cover02.jpg
Go get you some.
( Simply click on the banner image above )
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Please enjoy. Mod core is updated to the latest v7a with even more features. I hope you find at least one feature beneficial to your experience. Remember absolutely everything can be toggled on/off as desired and on the fly. Complete information and exhaustive previews can be found on the mod's thread (simply click the banner above). Regards and be well.

- Sancho

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
CHAQUINN 0 I went through the release, and there is something that I noticed which I think is a mistake (that I'm not sure you're aware of or not):

Anyway, something for you to ponder I guess, heh.
Knock yourself out:
1673724832209.png
If surnames are introduced and referenced later in the VN's dialogue I'll have them changeable as well.
SanchoMod - full of umami flavor.
Regards.

CHAQUINN0

Game Developer
Oct 29, 2021
CHAQUINN 0 I went through the release, and there is something that I noticed which I think is a mistake (that I'm not sure you're aware of or not):

Anyway, something for you to ponder I guess, heh.
This is perfect!
I will definitely have to address (and fix) this in the next update.

Thanks a lot for the insight! :D

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
This is perfect!
I will definitely have to address (and fix) this in the next update.

Thanks a lot for the insight! :D
A possible way of fixing it, could be to have Da-Som remain as her first name, but have the character use a preferred English name that is easy for her friends and MC to pronounce (despite them all knowing her birthname).

It's something that I do also.
I have my Korean birthname obviously, but my Western friends found it a bit too tricky to pronounce, so I chose an English preferred name when I moved to a country outside Korea. Just easier and more convenient for them.

So hypothetically perhaps Da-Som by her friends and MC could be called Daisy (or any other name for that matter. Just thought of Daisy since ........it starts with letter D lol)?
But if the game has any scene of her and her parents (and her sister?) in the future, then they'd obviously more likely call her with her birth first name "Da-Som" than her English name (given they're Korean).

But alternatively, if you like the name Da-Som as it is, you can keep it that way as well (without the separate preferred English name) with MC and her friends calling her by her birthname.

Last edited:

CHAQUINN0

Game Developer
Oct 29, 2021
A possible way of fixing it, could be to have Da-Som remain as her first name, but have the character use a preferred English name that is easy for her friends and girlfriend to pronounce (despite them all knowing her birthname).

It's something that I do also.
I have my Korean birthname obviously, but my Western friends found it too tricky to pronounce, so I chose an English preferred name when I moved to a country outside Korea. Just easier and more convenient for them.

So hypothetically perhaps Da-Som by her friends and MC could be called Daisy (or any other name for that matter)?
But if the game has any scene of her and her parents (and her sister?) in the future, then they'd obviously more likely call her with her birthname "Da-Som" than her English name (given they're Korean).
You have given me such an amazing idea, I almost want to spoil it now! :ROFLMAO:

Really, thank you so much for such valuable info, it will definitely be a huge deal for everything coming. Thankfully I scrapped one of the early ideas I had during development or else it would have been irreversible now. :HideThePain:

Dragonlight

Jul 17, 2019
Liked the game, plot a little bit contrived though. Kim is like "I love you, babe, but just like mildly, and cause i got good job offer we are breaking up, so buh-byyyye! Take care of mah scooter!".
Didnt even talk about moving abroad together or about anything, realy. She confined in her girl friend and not in her partner of many years. That makes her kinda shitty girlfriend and cheapens whole drama, at least for me. Just boggles my mind how MC can still have some feelings for her after all that.
Other than that writng is solid, dialogues are easy to read through, not slogfest. Can recomend, be back for more!

4.40 star(s) 41 Votes